• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 6

I can already tell that DMC5 is going to explode the Vs battle section because the scale and scope of things is presented well differently.

Looks like demon tree grow so much it become visible from the surface of the planet, this is some Evanglion vibes lol.

The heroes will fight Urizen 3 times rather just 2 times it's seems. You can see Dante fighting him again with Sparda and still getting rekt and then he get his new sword and the game still continue

ZERO7772 said:
Looks like demon tree grow so much it become visible from the surface of the planet, this is some Evanglion vibes lol.
The heroes will fight Urizen 3 times rather just 2 times it's seems. You can see Dante fighting him again with Sparda and still getting rekt and then he get his new sword and the game still continue
It's actually first fight with Urizen. You see Lady and Trish lying there. He probably just picked up Sparda since Rebellion got destroyed.

It's actually first fight with Urizen. You see Lady and Trish lying there. He probably just picked up Sparda since Rebellion got destroyed.

He had in his first fight with Urizen tho, he only picked Force Edge after he woke up "V brought it to him?" there's also a shot with Nero being wrapped in those tentacles in the same locations as well. rebellion We didn't see what happend to them after Urizen broke rebellion but it feels weird for them have Dante beaten twice in flashback.

I have noticed the trailer, if Vergil is fought then his theme might be a mixture of his DMC3 and Ultra Violet ones.

I think the DMC3 Comics are actually being written out of the canon and the DMC1 and DMC2 novels are canon.Not 100% but with this new trailer it confirms something else that happened in the DMC1 novel.

I just remembered there was a tv ad where Nero and Dante were standing in the same background as Vergil Dante was saying things were going to getting messy and he had his new sword

Dienomite22 said:
I think the DMC3 Comics are actually being written out of the canon and the DMC1 and DMC2 novels are canon.Not 100% but with this new trailer it confirms something else that happened in the DMC1 novel.
All of DMC3 would need to be written out of canon for the First novel to be canon. Plus Dante explisitly mentioned meeting Vergil in the manga in DMC3 "it's been a year since we last met."

They seem to have taken it down.Anyway it was a gameplay clip with the usual "DMC5 TIP #WHATEVER" heading and it showed Dante doing moves with the new sword and new meter (above the DT meter)for the red summoned swords which changes how it acts depending on the style you use.The text callled it "Demon sword Dante"

Was the title "Demon Sword Dante" translated from Japanese, by any chance? The grammar is not particularly good there, and if it is translated it's possible that we're just misinterpreting it (like, maybe it's not calling the sword Dante, but it's saying it's a demon sword being wielded by Dante).

It was translated from Japanese but the way it was worded was just "demon sword Dante" as in talking about the sword itself.

Eh... again, if it's translated like that, I doubt the phrasing is exactly correct (especially since translating between Japanese and English is notoriously difficult and they probably didn't get a proper translator just for that title). I still think it's possible that the sword is named Dante, but admittedly I'm a bit doubtful, since it seems like it was pretty informal anyway.

The original tweet started roughly like this.

"DMC TIP #BLAH

magic sword (talking about the red summoned swords) is coming from inside the demon sword Dante"

Ahhh, I see. I misunderstood what you were saying. Yes, that seems pretty definitive! While it's not exactly the most creative name ever, finally having Dante take Sparda's place and get his own named sword is pretty cool! :D

Oh wow, now I reaaaally want to try it out. I'll be perfectly honest, after first finding out that Dante would lose Rebellion in DMC5, I was really hoping we'd get to use Alastor again. But this is also pretty good. :D

Oooh, maybe! I suppose, I did hear that Dante apparently sells all of his weapons after each game (which is why he never keeps them between games), but then Alastor does choose its wielder, right? I doubt Dante would be able to sell it.

Lol what else it would be? The design changed a bit but this is Majin form no mistake.

What with people and their obsession with PDT? That form is not canon and never made it to the final game while Majin is established higher DT form since DMC2

ZERO7772 said:
I still think DmC was decent and I enjoyed it back in 2014
Fair enough. But the point was about how the journalists keep hailing DmC as the best game in the series when it's really not. Especially when DMC5 is just around the corner.

Back