• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 6

I thought alot of the staff agreed on DMC2 novel's canonicity and just not the stuff propose revision wise.Most of the people who disagree were people who are unfamiliar with the verse and for some reason comment on the revisions of it.

Dienomite22 said:
I thought alot of the staff agreed on DMC2 novel's canonicity and just not the stuff propose revision wise.Most of the people who disagree were people who are unfamiliar with the verse and for some reason comment on the revisions of it.
I have a feeling that Cal was one of those.

I have to agree sadly,It wouldn't be a problem normally but when people and even staff agrees with "Nightmare's dimension = illusions" even though that gets debunked moments later and they still agree with it even though it's wrong, it comes off as very.......dishonest or shows they have some sort of bias against the verse,at least thats what I get from it.

Dienomite22 said:
I have to agree sadly,It wouldn't be a problem normally but when people and even staff agrees with "Nightmare's dimension = illusions" even though that gets debunked moments later and they still agree with it even though it's wrong, it comes off as very.......dishonest or shows they have some sort of bias against the verse, at least thats what I get from it.
Like the kids nowadays say, it really do be like that sometimes

Yea I have feeling even if there is a genuine undeniable low 2-C or even 4-C feat in 5, it would be written off as an outlier.But whatever at least the game will be great.Also,shouldn't Sparda have his ability to "take away a demon's name" and erase them as an ability from the manga?

Look, people like you and me will always try to say that Low 2-C is legit but the wiki won't approve it because the only "legit" feats are in novels or to vague to be used, so don't lose your time trying to upgrade them.

About that ability, isn't that his sealing? It's on his profile IIRC.

Tony di bugalu said:
About that ability, isn't that his sealing? It's on his profile IIRC.
Not that,he is said to have an ability to take away a demon's name (which is tied to their very being) and manipulate or erase it.

I do honestly believe I have a reasonably solid argument that could suggest a 4-A Mundus, and I've been thinking about writing it into a revision thread. However, being so close to the release of DMC5, I've been wondering if I should wait until the game is out to make the revision thread. I'm genuinely not sure of what to do here, could I get some feedback on whether I should wait or not?

It's better to wait. Because even if it is very solid it'll probably be postponed either way till DMC5 comes out.

Fair enough. Anybody else have comments about it?

I would wait a good while till after DMC5 is out.Feats,abilities, and other stuff from the novels, CD dramas, and games need to be taken into account as well.The Deadly Fortune novel in particular needs some feats translated from the original japanese scans because they could upgrade the verse by a wide margin if the poorly translated scans we have now are right in the scale of the feats.

Very well. And don't worry, the revision I have in mind does take evidence from the novels into account, as well as providing evidence for why the novels should be considered canonical (if it hasn't been proven enough already...). Still haven't got too much from Deadly Fortune though, I might have to do a bit more research into that and see if anything in it further backs up or disproves my claims.

I swear I'll smack anyone who tries to call the badass Majin Devil Trigger "Super Morph". XD

DarkGrath said:
I swear I'll smack anyone who tries to call the badass Majin Devil Trigger "Super Morph". XD
I love Super Morph ^^ It's the real name that you like it or not ^^

And the fact that Patty Lowell is 18 in DMC5 and was 8 in the DMC: Animated Series (If I remember correctly, I could be misremembering), that means DMC5 takes place 10 years after the animated series, so DMC4 takes place 5-6 years after the animated series, with DMC2 somewhere in between.

P.S: Letting The4thSnake know about this. He's done theories on Dante's age before, and I've already told him about the Patty Lowell connection between DMC:AS and DMC5. This is turning out very well for theorists... XD

Back