• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 6

F*ck keyboards, that's the worst way to play the game

I never tried playing with the keyboard but some friend is a mad man with that thing, heck, he even outskilled me playing DMC4 with that.

Tony di bugalu said:
F*ck keyboards, that's the worst way to play the game

I never tried playing with the keyboard but some friend is a mad man with that thing, heck, he even outskilled me playing DMC4 with that.
Trust me, it's all about what you're comfortable with. I hate it when I sound like I'm bragging online, but for a point of comparison here I'm one of the 1% or so of DMC4 players to have gotten the "Never Say Die" achievement for beating every level on DMD with an S rank. I've also beaten Vergil in DMC3 on DMD, all on keyboard. Again, I hate it when I sound like I'm bragging, but this is my point here. The skill ceiling and progression of these games doesn't care whether you're using keyboard or controller. You can get really good all the same.

Oh yeah I beat every single mode in Devil May Cry 3 on SS ranking on keyboard it's 100% possible.

Ogbunabali said:
Oh yeah I beat every single mode in Devil May Cry 3 on SS ranking on keyboard it's 100% possible.
Wow... I'm impressed!

Ogbunabali said:
I did it with the original DMC3 for PS2. After that my controller was useless as I had broken the left stick and the R1 buttom.

I remember that I couldn't get past mision 4 in the first tries because of some bs attack.

Was Mission 4 the one where you had to deal with the massive room gauntlet with the soul guys? Because if that's it, I know exactly what you mean, I hated that room.

Ogbunabali said:
Was Mission 4 the one where you had to deal with the massive room gauntlet with the soul guys? Because if that's it, I know exactly what you mean, I hated that room.
I think? I just remember it was the mission 4.

I have the revision I've mentioned a few times completely written up now. It's a bit long, but I think it will do. Should I post it now, or wait until DMC5 characters get proper profiles?

Thank you. Anybody else have comments?

Gallery DMC5 Vergil DT
I found this calc, also this is DMC5 Vergil regular DT, he doesn't use it in the game but it should be added since he has it like Dante.

I heard Urizen would be able to destroy the foundations of the universes in the description of the boss It's true? I do not have the game to check

I haven't seen that myself, but I'm in the middle of writing a massive Devil May Cry CRT and if that is true, I would also love to hear about it.

Could we see the context of the quote in full? It could be referring to "world" as in planet, but it could also be referring to "world" as in "the human world", which is a universe. A popular calc says that shaking the universe is a 4-A feat, but if it's just a planet then this doesn't really add anything.

DarkGrath said:
Could we see the context of the quote in full? It could be referring to "world" as in planet, but it could also be referring to "world" as in "the human world", which is a universe. A popular calc says that shaking the universe is a 4-A feat, but if it's just a planet then this doesn't really add anything.
The context seem to imply planet to me. I'll try to find a video to show you were it's from.

Nono, don't do that yet. I haven't played through DMC5 yet, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Gotcha. I prepurchased the game on steam before it came out, only to download it and discover my computer couldn't handle it. So, now I've refunded and got to buy a console version. :p

The thing is, low-balling the "world shaking" feat to a planet stops making sense when you already have the Beastheads, which are Mundus's creation, shake the world by their power being awakened. That is already at least a planetary shake. Then, you have Void Mundus, who is far above OG Mundus, shake the Demon World in his clash with Dante. And in the end, you have Urizen, who is also way superior to Mundus, being stated to "shake the foundations of the world".

Honestly the "shake the foundation of the world" honestly seemed more like a it will cause global dissaray thing then actually shaking the world thing to me. But that's just how I've read into it.

RebubleUselet said:
The thing is, low-balling the "world shaking" feat to a planet stops making sense when you already have the Beastheads, which are Mundus's creation, shake the world by their power being awakened. That is already at least a planetary shake. Then, you have Void Mundus, who is far above OG Mundus, shake the Demon World in his clash with Dante. And in the end, you have Urizen, who is also way superior to Mundus, being stated to "shake the foundations of the world".
We discussed the feat of shaking the demon world on a separate thread by Dienomite. While everything else you mentioned is perfectly correct, when we properly looked through it we didn't actually find any evidence that the demon world was shook when Dante and Void Mundus fought. It was likely just one of us misinterpreted the feat before mentioning it. However, there is another... feat? Not sure what to call it from that scene that is possibly worth a large upgrade. In the fight, Void Mundus is referred to as "The Sole Ruler of Creation for Timeless Eternity". 'The sole ruler' shows they are the only one capable at their level, 'of creation' shows that this has something to do with creation in the first place, and 'for Timeless Eternity' shows that they have done this forever. A character with more potential for creation than anyone else for an eternity? Especially since creation is usually used as a way of attributing their potential for destruction, this could potentially be worth a massive increase. I'm not sure how much exactly (it sounds like a 3-A tiering to me, but I'm willing to debate that), but at the very least I'm almost certain it would imply he is far beyond Multi-Continental level.

There's also the fact that the statement belongs to a post-Q.Fruit-Urizen, who is even stronger than his previous form, so saying that the statement refers to a planet, when entities way lower than Urizen can do the thing as well, is just silly.

Hmm... I've not gone too into detail with the claim (I haven't finished DMC5 yet, so avoiding spoilers here), but I do fully agree with you here. Urizen appears to be far, far stronger than Mundus by an unknown amount, and even then it's debatable if Multi-Continental is Mundus' limits. Stating that he performed a planetary feat isn't really all that impressive under the circumstances, and it would have to have been a very casual feat in that case. I doubt it's what they meant.

Well, 'Urizen' displays no indication of any universe-shaking feats, or any more than what could be implied planet-shaking (though only a city is seemingly affected, so...).

CinCameron20 said:
Well, 'Urizen' displays no indication of any universe-shaking feats, or any more than what could be implied planet-shaking (though only a city is seemingly affected, so...).
Pretty sure it's more then a city when the tree can be seen from space.

It's way above city and the parts that are above ground are only the roots of the tree but sadly we don't know how big the tree truly is.

So Urizen power up in his third boss battle with Dante? Weird, it doesn't' seems it made much of difference and he still lost to Dante, yet Vergil has majin form for some reason and can fight on par with Dante.

I don't think he gained that much of a boost, it made him lost the last trace of humanity he had and reverted him to his original form, the overall scaling is like this:

DMC5 DT Nero [Can defeat Dante and Vergil] > SDT Vergil = SDT Dante >> FP Urizen [Ate fruit, casually stomps Dante and Nero] >>>> DMC5, 4, 2 Dante [Surpassed Sparda, effortlessly defeats Mundus level epponents] > Void Mundus [Considerably stronger than regular Mundus] >= The Saviour [Had Sanctus + Sparda's power] >= Prime Sparda = DMC1 S.DT Dante [Defeated Mundus] > Mundus [Ate fruit] = Argosax [According to the game intro] = Original Abigail [Compared to Mundus] >> Bolverk = Older Sparda [Needed help to seal Abigal and Argosax] > DT Anime Dante > Sid-Abigail >>>>> BoG DMC5 > Nero DMC 4 Nero, Final Sanctus, Modeus >= DMC1 Dante, Baul, V >= Depowered Saviour, Nightmare, Nelo Angelo, Trish, Griffon, Phantom, Sanctus >= Agnus, Credo > Echidna >= Blob Arkham, DMC3 Dante, DMC3 Vergil >= Blitz >>>>>> Lucia, Arius Argosax, Nevan > DMC3 Cerberus >> Possessed Arius >>> Lady = Base Arius.

Back