• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

I mean get a second opinion on the profiles. I didn't mean to insult you by that.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
>Knowledgable on Deltarune
What?! How is anyone supposed to knowledgable on it this early?
It's not really that long of a game, and you can explore everything in the game rather quickly. Plus, it's free, so there really isn't holding anyone back from attempting to play through it.

Delta is what toby originally planned the game to be like, so it cannot be scaled for obviously that reason. This one is him trying to refine a scrapped idea (No wonder, he thinks it can take up to seven years) that came before the one we got.

So. For tiers.

I feel that they before and after falling down should get a different tier both. Your HP increases, and when you get back your armor and weapons aren't there with the exeption of the spookysword, which will simply be transformed into a pen. You could argue for 9-B for "biting your face off" and the part where chara posses you (Because we know it's it that did it), but I don't know how legitimate the first is and the latter should not scale to anyone (Because when Kris is capable of ripping his soul out without dying he is obviously not in a normal state)

Once they fall, they are solid 9-B as well, what with human sized axes and all that..

I highly doubt that smashing dimond that size would take more than the higher ends of 9-B, and 9-B is rather consistent otherwise.

Save and load should likely be considered as a "possibly", if for the dialouge before the game, the one after you die, and the ending of the game itself.

All of that sounds good and I agree.

The Spookysword from the Dark World and the Pencil from the Light World are two different pieces of equipment, as you have the Pencil from the very start of playing DeltaRune, while the Spookysword was obtained later on from Seam's shop. Other than that, it seems fine.

Starter Pack said:
The Spookysword from the Dark World and the Pencil from the Light World are two different pieces of equipment, as you have the Pencil from the very start of playing DeltaRune, while the Spookysword was obtained later on from Seam's shop. Other than that, it seems fine.
What?

I meant that you get a halloween pen specifically if you had a spookysword equipped.

Oh, really? I didn't see that. Probably one of those miniscule pieces of text that passed me by when I played. Never mind, then.

Could have made it clearer myself, yeah.

But it also makes them falling not being a dream more obvious. And with how drastically the mechanics change from UT (Which is used as a standard while your in the light world, at least for the menu), I think Toby may be planning some proper multiple realities sheningans where mechanics and models do change like that, could explain why it's so time consuming.

ElderTuna, AntDueler, the game has so many anagrams.

@Darkmon No. The page was never even created, especially since the game came out two days ago.

@Alexcar Ehh, maybe. It's not exactly clear what its connection to Undertale is, other than what Toby Fox said being:

"DELTARUNE's world is a different one.
With different characters, that have lived different lives.
A whole new story will happen...
"

No it was created. Not only is there a revision thread for one of the pages but someone said before in this thread that they made one.

Ooh, you mean the profile for Kris? Yeah, that one got deleted due to various factors. But, don't worry, we're working on that.

Yeah, that's a pretty good feat, actually. (Didn't expect that from Ralsei. Or Lancer.)

I really want a Text Dump for this. I beat this without Saving, & I'm not sure I should do another run. (Besides time, I'm curious about how it'll go if I go without overwriting Kris's save, as one does when saving.)

Incidentally, there's supposedly a glitch with the uninstaller where when uninstalling, it'll delete the directory Delta Rune is in. With this in mind, what's a safe way to uninstall & reinstall? (I recall Undertale having some stuff that "knows" if you changed your saves & such.)

Interestingly, after I beat the game, when I ran DeltaRune again, it took me to a file select, not the fake character creation sequence. So I'd wanna get around that if I wanna go through this saveless again.

Some dialogue seems like it'd require saving & reloading to view all the options for. For example, you can only select 1 of the 4 options when you dial Sans's Number; Trying to call after that just has the phone ring indefinitely.

Similarly, there are several things you can say to Noelle about Suzie outside the gate, but I was only able to tell her one of them. Other options didn't seem to come up again.

My brother has. Interestingly enough, he says there isn't that many changes, aside from things like the Darkants chase you away in an angry mob instead of saving you if you beat the king.

Also, Chara gets an extra glimmer in their eye during the end cutscene, apparently.

I've seen a video on the topic. No characters can die, cutscenes aside. Enemies run away when their HP reaches 0, Jevil is alive enough to give a speech & turns himself into equipment after his defeat, the Spade King is left asleep or locked up after defeat.

In all of these cases, you don't receive EXP. I haven't tried myself, but from what video I've seen, gaining EXP is currently impossible.

Likewise, enemies cannot be permanently defeated/killed. No matter how you may beat enemies, they'll respawn on the overworld next time you enter their location, since you either spare them or you FIGHT & bring their HP to 0, making them flee.

@Imaginym To safely uninstall it you just need to have nothing else in the directory.

So if the uninstaller's in Imaginym/My Games/Deltarune then you're safe to uninstall, but if the uninstaller's in Imaginym/My Games then you're not. Make sure that only the DeltaRune files are in the directory, then uninstalling's fine.

We shouldn't scale Kris to Undertale's feats. Or at best, list those as a "possibly".

If it actually is an AU then we definatly should only use feats from it and not base anything on UT. And waiting until it's finished should go without saying.

Personally, I believe that there is more than enough content to create profiles for DeltaRune. While it is a very limited game, there are games that could be considered demos as well that have much less content than DeltaRune, and yet has enough of a presence to justify profiles on here. (Baldi's Basics, anyone?)

So I do think we can make some decent profiles for DeltaRune. Not great ones, as Ricsi showed earlier, but I think we could potentially make some, especially since I do believe Toby Fox has a much higher chance of completing DeltaRune than Yandere Sim was ever gonna be. And if he does change things, even in the first chapter, then we can adjust it to match when it does officially release.

It's an AU, there's enough content for profiles, and any later chapters, if they get released at all (which there's a good chance they won't be), will take years to be released. This lone chapter stands well enough on its own to have profiles imo.

Back