• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'm pretty confident we aren't all malicious. Wasn't mad, but pardon any drama, please. I found the jokes a bit amusing myself, but sometimes I just feel bad for MatPat with his reputation on this wiki & making someone a meme over something embarassing they maybe did. So yeah.... Change of topic.

Anyway, that feat might still be a quantifiable reaction? Do we have any Speed ratings basis for the 'verse? (I'd assume currently not much higher than a typical adolescent, given one's an adolescent.)

Thinking on it, one option for a reaction feat might be Kris dodging Lancer's attack while going down that huge slide. Then again, who knows if the timeframe is long enough for a teen to even reach terminal velocity.

Maybe one could also scale Kris's movement speed to the travel speed of the Rudinn attacks on the way to the castle?

@Andytre "Meaning, distance moved by Susie is 0.18 times the distance traveled by the soundwaves."

This may need more elaboration because usually if an attack or projectile is targeted at something else and you try to stop it in time using your movement speed, then you should be considered faster than the attack itself.

Uh, not really. If I see someone throw a ball ten meters away from me, to my side by one meter, I need to only be a tenth of it's speed to parry it.

Unrelated to the speed topic, watching a video on Youtube, I noticed that in the room where Kris can get the egg from the man behind the tree, Kris will be alone, even if Ralsei &/or Susie were with Kris in immediately prior rooms.

So what's the significance of this room -or the man in it?- making Kris be alone, just to take an egg that, other than slightly increasing poor Asgore's food supply, has no known use so far?

@Ricsi You don't need to move your entire body to parry, you only use a defensive tool/object/weapon or an appendage to parry.

Cool thing when you enter the Hospital in tow.

You can interact with a sliding bead toy, and the text box says that the "beads march grimly along their set path", because with these toys you can only move the beads in one direction.

And if you look at it, there are three paths: A blue, a red, and a green one. Matching Kris, Susie and Ralsei.

Possible symbolism reinforcing the theme of the game that choices don't matter, or just a coincidence? Knowing Toby Fox, I doubt it's the later.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Cool thing when you enter the Hospital in tow.

You can interact with a sliding bead toy, and the text box says that the "beads march grimly along their set path", because with these toys you can only move the beads in one direction.

And if you look at it, there are three paths: A blue, a red, and a green one. Matching Kris, Susie and Ralsei.

Possible symbolism reinforcing the theme of the game that choices don't matter, or just a coincidence? Knowing Toby Fox, I doubt it's the later.
Huh...nice catch there Matt.

The whole "bully who acts scary but warms up to others over time" thing is a pretty common trope but I really liked seeing it play out here.

Did someone find anything in particular that was done differently than other examples of this trope?

Andytrenom said:
The whole "bully who acts scary but warms up to others over time" thing is a pretty common trope but I really liked seeing it play out here.
During my "pure fight" run (except for battles where you actually can't win by fighting), Susie had a pretty nice moment during the "Kris and Ralsei vs Susie and Lancer" battle. If you keep wailing on Lancer, Susie actually yells out for you to stop attacking because she's worried you'll hurt him.

It's a good little way of showing the type of person (monster?) she really is underneath before her big moments at the end of the chapter.

Am I the only one who thinks Ralsei not wanting to share D$ with Lancer to be a little... "out of character" perhaps? I don't know why, but that felt strange for me.

Alexcar3000 said:
Am I the only one who thinks Ralsei not wanting to share D$ with Lancer to be a little... "out of character" perhaps? I don't know why, but that felt strange for me.
It didn't feel that strange to me. I mean, there's a difference between being really nice and being willing to share your reward with someone who literally just tried to murder you.

Why is Azathoth's profile pic so Buff?! When i saw that Lancer face i was like "wtf", reminds me of squidward, too meme-ish.

Edit: wait why didnt that quote "box" dissapear?

Back