• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

Holy shit, when you lose everyone remembers.

Ahh now that I watch the death again you're right.

Assuming you mean for real, while he's high tier, I'd say he's still below Jevil and the King, since he doesn't deal that much more damage than them. The only thing that makes him unbeatable in-game is healing.

Yeah, I doubt it's time or mind/memory shenanigans, unless there's something unrevealed; Save Points could just be game mechanics in DeltaRune. (Although Kris having their own save file to overwrite IS suspicious....)

But yeah, Lancer has little motive to kill Kris &/or Ralsei, since they're Susie's friends, he lacks friends, & he's not good at evil. & Susie wants their help to get home.

IMHO, more likely, they just get beaten up, time passes, they awaken, & returning. Why they go back to the save point is unexplained, however. Wonder where they go back to in a no save run, since there's checkpoints, AFAIK

Unrelatedly, I've been pondering something. Cut manual says Ralsei's body is given form by a fountain of darkness. (Yes, I know, old, repeated news.)

What's interesting though is how the characters look when DOWN. Sadly, you can't see all 3 Down at once in-game because that's a Game Over. Lemme show how they look.

Spr krisb defeat(0)
Just having a seat. On the ground. In battle.

Spr susieb defeat(0)
Even in defeat, she holds up her axe. Aww!

Spr ralseib defeat(0)
Probably still pretty fluffy.

(Spot the difference!)
If Ralsei's body is given form by an "unending pillar of darkness" .... Well, the statement is from cut content. Cut for spoilers? Cut because it might not make sense for him to be healed by food? Cut because it's not canon at all?

Anyway, Ralsei's current DOWN Sprite so far only shows Ralsei's clothes, in a heap, on the ground. Unlike Kris & Susie, who's bodies are both still standing. Sleeping or dying standing up with your weapon in hand is possible, but wouldn't Kris's back weigh him down into falling over? (Then again, rigor mortis, & his spinal structure should stop him falling forwards. Likewise with Susie.)

But the point is, in Ralsei's case, there doesn't seem to be anything, or very little matter underneath his clothes to hold it up. Dare I say, there appears to be no body?

Of course, it does bring up the question of how Ralsei can be healed with foodstuffs if he lacks a body. Maybe the DOWN sprite will be changed later? Maybe Dark World food specifically can heal Darkners in such a state? Maybe it's just Game Mechanics.

Pardon all my rambling. I'm just curious.

@Imag

Ralsei can be made out of darkness thingy without being intangible. Although if this is true, it could give him some interesting regen if he just vanishes when KOd yet comes back like it's nothing later.

@Efi If anything, the Delta Rune being would be one of the final boss thingy, not just the next boss.

One thing to note is their's a church that worship's the Angel I believe the very thing, that according to the prophecy you're supposed to banish the ANGEL'S HEAVEN.

Clearly the original intent of the symbol (Shown in Deltarune) and how it was interpreted by monsters in the future (Shown in Undertale) is different. The symbol predates written history, so I guess it was created when Lighteners were aware of their role and of the Darkener, but its meaning got lost to time and became the symbol of the monsters.

@Saik I just said an important boss in the next chapters, not the next boss.

Also Ralsei may not be the the prince of darkness as we don't really see him as well as Kris and Susie there, hopefully he doesn't die.. Again...Oh no.

@ApiesDeathbyLazors, Saikou The Lewd King & Super Ascended Sean Pazdera:

I actually watched a video that addressed that a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/D3L0t6vdFN0?t=47s Starts at 47 seconds in.

But if you can't or won't watch that, then, to explain:

K. Round heals 300 HP every 3 turns, & the party can do around 200 damage per turn. Six hundred (600) damage per 3 turns. Not only that, after some time in the battle, K. Round will start healing SEVEN HUNDRED (700) HP every 3 turns.

Even in the rematch, it's hard to deal more than 214 or so damage, even with the whole party attacking, & FEAR BUSTER supposedly does about 230.
So not only does it heal repeatedly, but its healing GETS STRONGER!

(Although I have no idea if the healing is based on damage done, or just turn count. Needs testing.)

IIRC, when it does this, the description is "K. Round practiced self care."

By the way, am I the only one who noticed that K. Round "practicing self care"...

SilkAlmondMilkHalfGallon1Point89Liters
Don't drink from the carton, nor all at once.

...is just it summoning a half-gallon carton of almond milk?

KRoundPracticingSelfCare
Heals 300 to 700 HP, every 3 turns, though.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Imag
Ralsei can be made out of darkness thingy without being intangible. Although if this is true, it could give him some interesting regen if he just vanishes when KOd yet comes back like it's nothing later.
I agree it's quite possible he's tangible, especially while he's "UP". When he's DOWN I'd question his tangibility. Does it look like there's anything between his clothes & the ground in his DOWN sprite?

But yes, he seems very tangible, unless it was an attempt to try to avoid revealing otherwise by having Kris pretend to do so with none of the usual narrative mention, Ralsei is definitely very tangible, because he can be hugged.

(He can also be picked up & thrown, but that seems far less nice to do.)

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
My favorite theory is that King is actually Thanos. That's it, that's the whole thing.
That's the entirety of the theory? As in, nothing to back it up? If so, that's somehow both mildly amusing, & disappointingly boring, I'm sorry to say.

@Apies:

Nice.

@Pazdera:

If I may have some fun with your theory....

Both the Spade King & Thanos are big, buff men. Both are less than perfect parents.

Both have Soul Manipulation. (Admittedly, have there ever been any canons when Thanos had ONLY the Soul Gem? Also, what if he wanted to look like the Spade King? Could the Soul Gem do that? My first guess would be he needs the Reality Gem. Could any of the others do that?)

Both were able to defeat the heroes in combat. (But Spade King only did so after one of the heroes healed him....)

Both claim to want better for their people. (Thanos wants to erase half the universe so the other half will have more resources. Spade King hates Lightners for how the Darkners suffer & such.)

I love this time we spend together, analyzing a three hour long Demon to death and beyond.

Makes me feel warm inside.

Starter Pack said:
I love this time we spend together, analyzing a three hour long Demon to death and beyond.
It took me an entire day what do you mean 3 hours >>

Starter Pack said:
I took about three days, but I'm really bad about procrastinating. Infact, I really need to go finish a revision I started a week ago.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
To be fair what else is there to do. We most likely won't get anything more from it for a few years.
This.

Also, lol, 3 hours. I'm no speedrunner, but if you have a previous save file, you can beat it in under 27 minutes. Under 32 if you actually go to school & don't get the Wrist Protector.

https://www.speedrun.com/deltarune

Anyway, perhaps I should play again so I can find out if K. Round's Regenerationn just increases over time, or is like Reactive Evolution/Rage Power in that it increases based on damage received.

>So many people freaked out over Seam's post-Jevil dialogue. But not about his dialogue on the Lightners.

"Long ago, the Darkners lived in harmony with the Lightners. They were like Gods to us. Our protectors. Our creators. Those who gave us purpose... Then, one day we were all locked away in this prison... And the Lightners never returned. Embittered, the King took up arms and aims to take revenge on the Lightners that left us behind. 'Course, even among his troops, some still distantly hope the Lightners will return..."

Disappointingly, he uses King singular & says said King (presumably, the Spade King) took up arms. "The Knight" Seam mentions (& Jevil mentions said knight also.) that the "strange knight" (in red text, if that matters.) locked up 3 of the 4 kings who once ruled the land.

Seam also says "The remaining king put him and his strange son into power.". I'd presume this refers to Lancer, but can anyone check what's gramatically correct here? It seems like it could also mean "the Knight's son". Might explain the awkward relationship between Spade King & Lancer, but given the visual similarities, it's unlikely.

Still, interesting that The Knight imprisoned 3 kings who may all have been on The Spade King's level of power. But nothing supports that other than their & the Spade King's statuses as kings.

I'm 100% sure that whatever "the knight" is will be well beyond any currently displayed level of power, considering the King seems to borderline worship it, Jevil is supposedly fodder compared to it, and the knight was mentioned to have pulled the new fountain from the earth, with said fountain being stated to be capable of destroying the planet.

We haven't even seen this thing yet and we don't know how strong the other kings are, but easily imprisoning three other beings as strong as the spade King would not be remotely far fetched.

Also, has anyone actually calced the explosion + Ralsei being thrown across the screen when Lancer crashes into him during his introduction?

I know we're not making profiles right now, but it scales to literally everyone (Ralsei and Lancer both tank it unharmed, everything you actually fight in the game can hurt Ralsei) and might be nice to have on hand.

It hasn't been calced but it has been noticed.

Back