• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion Thread

Yeah, I figured a calc would be useful because it's pretty obviously somewhere within Wall level from a glance, but Wall level is...

pretty damn huge.

I was legitimately shocked to see just how much difference there is from minimum to maximum 9-B.

Starter Pack said:
I love this time we spend together, analyzing a three hour long Demon to death and beyond.

Makes me feel warm inside.
It only took me 3 hours to beat a 3 hour game? That can't be right...

@Kirby71: Kirby-style lore how?

@Super Ascended Sean Pazdera: Then were the other 3 kings called kings because THEIR names were "King", too? XD

Dude I'm just messing with you.

It's unclear if Frisk is even a part of this game, especially since Toby said this is a completely different game despite sharing the same characters.

Plus, there's only, like, three hours of content in the game, and it's a Demon on top of that.

BattleReviews said:
pretty sure the game ends when you enter the closets and fall into a pit thanks to sheets of paper
I'm 99.9% sure you're joking here. Mind helping my unnatural level of uncertainty by clarifying whether you actually are?

Alexcar3000 said:
Lol. Now I can't help but think of memes like "Mario built up speed for 3 years so he could do barrier skip to get out of the underground & go to the Dark World/a Parallel Universe."

...Except he probably could've just gotten to where lands when they fall into Mount Ebott, & then wall kicked out. Supposing he has means of Vertical Speed Conservation or something, height wouldn't be an issue. Hmmm.... COULD he get VSC in The Underground, especially in the ruins?

Imaginym said:
...Except he probably could've just gotten to where lands when they fall into Mount Ebott, & then wall kicked out. Supposing he has means of Vertical Speed Conservation or something, height wouldn't be an issue. Hmmm.... COULD he get VSC in The Underground, especially in the ruins?
Woooooot?

@AndyTrenom:

Explanation about weird SM64 movement stuff
In SM64, there's a few things to consider about speed. For example, backwards long jumping (BLJing) works for getting such huge jumps because while there is a cap on his forward speed, the devs never thought to cap his BACKWARDS speed.

So with really good movement on a slope or stairs or such, Mario can long jump to accelerate, building up backwards speed, & because of the slope or stairs, he can land quick enough to be able to jump again, & continue accelerating until he's ready to jump much further/faster.

The reason BLJ-ing lets Mario go through walls & such, IIRC, is the game only checks Mario's position over land to be sure he's somewhere valid every 4 frames, but it tracks his movement every frame.

Hence, by building up speed, Mario can go fast enough that he'd travel his path through the wall's distance, & the game doesn't try to stop him from going through the wall, because it's only checking where he is every 4 frames, but he's moving every frames, & between those checks, he's moving fast enough to avoid being in a wall or such for too long.

As for Vertical Speed, it tracks his movement speed in the air. Usually, most actions after he lands reset it to 0, but there are some ways it can be conserved after landing.

Once he gets airborne, such as by falling off a ledge, floor disappearing under him, crack in the floor, or very small difference in surface heights, he can have VSC launch him up.

Ground-pounding, dive recovering, landing with an item grabbed mid jump, landing after a jump that was done at the same time a cutscene or text box appeared, thus delaying it.

Mario can crouch, break-dance, & punch & not lose stored VS, so long as he doesn't hit an enemy, but only punching lets him move in some direction, & he can't turn or he'll lose the VS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6md3RA8bH40 That video explains it a fair bit. (Although I derped; Mario in VSC is in a falling state; He can ground pound & grab ledges, but not wall kick.) So he'd need a ledge to land on midway up or hundreds, if not thousands of speed; 80 or so is doable, but even getting to 100 can require geometry exploits. Ex: A Pedro Spot (Named for Pedro Viktor, who found 1 of the first.) where Mario can get stuck between a floor & ceiling, & yet is able to ground pound or jump to leave it, with a ton of speed. Mario's terminal velocity when falling is 75, so there aren't many ways to greatly exceed that.

Unfortunately, most of that doesn't seem to be present near where one falls in through Mount Ebott.
Sorry for going off-topic.
I just find the idea of Mario trying to escape the Underground through typical SM64 movement game mechanics entertaining. But if I really wanted to watch that, there's probably a hack or something, I bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNXIQ5gryY

By playing in Japanese, doing a New Game+ (for going to bed instead of school) & using the fullscreen turbo glitch, Delta Rune has now been beaten in just over 20 minutes!

The runner seems confident the run can be beaten in 19 minutes, maybe slightly under that.

(Well, it is just a Demon of a single chapter, but still, impressive.)

So....

http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Sans#Personality

"Sans may have a scientific background. Evidence includes the quantum physics book, workshop, his relationship to Alphys,[6] affinity for science,[7] and his timeline research.[8]"

And we know he has "Gaster Blasters", the name from which comes from the filename for their image/sprite.

Sans has a scientific background, Gaster was a head scientist... In Delta Rune, Sans claims to have recently moved into town. Furthermore, the locked door south of town isn't mentioned by anyone. Could this lack of mentioning be because it's a new development?

Said door has slowed down Gaster sounds coming from it....

Sans is also very interested in how Kris behaves. Consider some of his DR dialogue tree:

Check out (almost) all of his dialogue in a 5 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQceGfnSP34

Dialogue quotes & REALLY wordy theorizing:
Sans: "hey, look who's walkin' around. how are ya', kid?"

Notably, he says the first sentence looking normally, but he asks his question with his eyes to the side & a grin, like he's trying to hide his amusement at some big joke that's coming.

And then Kris can reply.

Kris: "Great to see you again"

Sans (same expression as with his question): "yeah, it's real nice, isn't it?" Then, winking, he continues "especially considering I've never met you before." Normal faced: "the name's sans. sans the skeleton. i'm new in town."

OR

"Who the hell are you?"

Sans, looking up & to the right side instead of left: "hmm... y'know, good question." Winking: "i'm sans. your friendly neighbourhood skeleton."

In either case, he finally asks "what's up?" with his eyes to the left.

We can also get a phone number from him. Supposedly his, which is soon dismissed as not his, & just gives us a one time call to the hotline for idiot babies. Yet if Kris answers anything but 4 to it, & tell Sans he should be friends with Kris....

Sans, eyes to the left: "ah, sorry. i don't hang out with idiot babies. " winking: "they compete with my sociological niche."

Lastly, there's the bird cage that the soul gets put into at the end of the chapter, which has been known to have suffered some crashes.

So how could this all tie together? Well, it seems like Sans was expecting us to answer a certain way. "Look who's walking around. What's up, kid?" is a very familiar-sounding way for a stranger to greet a kid.

And he almost seems amused if Kris responds like Kris knows him, Sans being happy to inform him they don't. And maybe it's just being a joker to such a rough question of "who the hell are you?" but Sans answer seems... surprised.

"hmm... y'know, good question. i'm sans. your friendly neighbourhood skeleton."

And maybe his phone line prank was prepared for anyone to be given to, but if he does indeed say he doesn't hang out with idiot babies UNLESS Kris selects 4, then that would mean Sans KNEW what Kris answered the phone line with because he knows what Kris selected no matter where he makes that 1 call.

And then the line doesn't pick up again after 1 answer. Not only is it strange for a hot line to only take 1 call from a certain number -& the menu even claims it isn't Sans's own number after calling it- but Sans in Undertale doesn't like the player in Undertale's Genocide route, one of the stereotypes he associates with them being people who feel they must do anything because they can; Completionists.

Wouldn't it make sense someone who's anti-completionist set up a hot line that you can only use once? And he seems to have monitored it, & given how he greets Kris, he probably intended to give it to Kris once they started chatting.

The cell phone Kris uses even makes Gaster noises in the Dark World, someone Sans almost certainly worked with, given his scientific background & use of GASTER BLASTERS.

THE POINT:

What if Sans moved into town to work with Gaster? Or live closer to his work with Gaster? His dialogue heavily suggest Sans works at the grocery store, yet he doesn't have it open this evening, & he certainly doesn't seem willing to open it for Kris.

Could Sans's grocery store job be a cover-up job?

And what if he knows about the birdcage that traps the SOUL? If that birdcage has seen a lot of crashes, what if Sans or Gaster have observed it, or even moved the cage around before? What if they know about the SOUL?!

Heck, we even know that Sans wants us to hang out with his brother Papyrus tomorrow, & he makes it clear he won't be there. But why wouldn't he be at his own house? Even if he's working at the grocery store, his home is literally next door.

(Which would make it easy to claim he was at the grocery store if he returns from elsewhere to visit Kris & Papyrus.)

TL;DR - I think Sans knows about the SOUL in Kris, or at least, suspects it, & he & Gaster are working together.

The issue is that the door's clearly been here for a long time, with grass growing on it, so it can't be new.

Also knowing Sans, it's 50% likely that he knows something and 50% likely that he's just messing with you.

Hmmm.... So then the door probably hasn't been opened that much? If it was exited & regularly, then it'd have less flora on it.

Still, I think it's possible that they could have been collaborating on something. The door's plantlife just seems most like evidence that that entrance has been used much

But what if Sans & Gaster -or whoever's down past that door- have only been communicating & working together digitally? Then again, could they? What if like in the Dark World, phones don't work? Would internet-based communication work?

Here's my take on this whole Gaster thing.

Deltarune was already "finished" by the time Undertale was being made, think of it like a bunch of scrapped ideas that never got into the final version of the game. Therefore, all easter eggs about Gaster in Deltarune aren't at all easter eggs, it's backwards, all Gaster related things in Undertale are actually Deltarune easter eggs.

Back