• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

So I've been really busy lately and I just saw the Sasuke vs Hiei fight on YouTube, and my God, what a shitshow. Look, I love YYH and my boy Hiei, I'm really happy that he won, but what they did to put him in a level above Sasuke was just criminal. I'm not a big enough science nerd to show where their math went wrong with the cloud-parting feat, but I'm sure someone else on this site is. They labeled their process very clearly, so it should be easy to take screenshots and show where everything went wrong.

The feels when the cloud dispersion feat was performed by Sacred Aura Yusuke just in his base form, let alone him transforming into his full demon form. How powerful do you think Demon Yusuke (Sacred Aura) would be?

JohnCenaNation said:
The feels when the cloud dispersion feat was performed by Sacred Aura Yusuke just in his base form, let alone him transforming into his full demon form. How powerful do you think Demon Yusuke (Sacred Aura) would be?
That feat wasn't even canon.

while i dont agree with Seth on a lot of things but his assertion than some small 1 statement is taken at face value and Inflate despite the fact that Naruto has way more Lightspeed and planet level statements (even if they arnt legit as in hyperbole yada yada) using DB's internal logig it could easily be applied.

Becuase he can take a punch that can break a planet, he can't take having god lava melting him or destroying his internal organs if he starts to drown in it

Shadowbokunohero said:
while i dont agree with Seth on a lot of things but his assertion than some small 1 statement is taken at face value and Inflate despite the fact that Naruto has way more Lightspeed and planet level statements (even if they arnt legit as in hyperbole yada yada) using DB's internal logig it could easily be applied.
This is the main reason I dislike DB, along with their internal "researchers" openly having bias that affects a match up. I get "it's entertainment!?!?" but watching the battle and having this stuff in mind puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Eh, I still ain't complaining. Prolly would if it were a character I liked but well...I was never a big Sasuke guy anyway.

Yeah yeah I get that it's hypocritical and I'd be just like you guys if it's someone I cared about, like if Lucario lost to Renamon. And I'm sure in the future I'll be in that situation in the future. But for now this is just a happy surprise, no matter how wrong it is. No amount of debunk videos would change the animation, even if they're fully justified.

I'm sure I'll be eating my words in the near future...

Oh I've already come to accept that Drac will just add another member to his castle. The bracing myself I've done for Hiei has just transferred over to Ganon.

Now if I get two lucky breaks in a row...

Oh yeah that. Large country. And who knows when it comes to speed. I don't mind weak Ganon. I just mind he implications that come with it. Also I mind large country being seen as weak. If High 6-B is weak imagine how people see Aang or Spider-Man.

They're going to put him at High 6-B from Argorok. At best. If they don't use that, they're going to make him Low 7-B. Just you watch. 5-A shit from Blood Moon will be brought up in a popup that says "nothing states that ganon himself moves the moon, just that he changes its color". You'll see.

Next ep
I'm really hyped to see how they will handle this 2 in terms of power, I really want to see them talk about 4-A Drac, too bad they wouldn't know that based on the info they could get from us with a simple investigation. The profile doesn't really show how Drac created his pocket realities, only the CRTs about that shows the real evidence on that.

To clarify, I normally trust noc on most things. But there are a select few verses for which i have zero confidence in her. Zelda is the biggest one, followed by Blazblue and Tales.

Same spiel. This is a Kinetic energy calculation using the disbursement of the supermassive cloud above the arena that Yusuke and Yomi were battling in.

For starters, our first piece of scaling involves the arena itself and the clouds that hover around and above it.

The actual height is tricky to estimate but seeing as how the area has been shown to consistently be above certain cloud layers.

It is safe to assume that they're above lower end clouds heights and that the cloud that was dispersed initially by the beam is likely an upper end cloud height.

Terpischore has made the argument that since Cloud heights are incredibly variable in height that they are virtually immeasurable without further information. A solid enough argument but I disagree. We can narrow down the averages of cloud heights and remove any unlikely outliers.

Based on this document I will be laying out the various cloud heights and will take the average for those under 6,000 m as our base. Since 6,000 m high clouds are very unlikely to appear in Japan for the perspective of the author and are only typically seen in the polar regions. I will also remove sub-500 m high clouds since both the Wiki article and the aforementioned document don't list any cloud height that low in their listing. (This is not to say that such low heights are impossible only that they should represent a similar outlier to the upper end 6 km height.)

The Document states cloud heights as follows:

Cumulus cloud: 2,000-3,000 ft avg. 2,500' or 760 m

Cumulonimbus cloud: 2,000-45,000 avg. 23,500' or 7,100 m (Out)

Stratus cloud: 0-6,500 avg. 3,250' or 990 m

Stratocumulus cloud: 2,000-6,500 avg. 4,250' or 1,300 m

Altocumulus cloud: 6,500-18,000 avg. 12,250' or 3,700 m

Altostratus cloud: 6,500-16,500 avg. 11,500' or 3,500 m

Nimbostratus cloud: 2,000-18,000 avg. 10,000' or 3,000 m

Cirrus cloud: 16,500-45,000 avg. 30,750' or 9,300 m (Out)

Cirrocumulus cloud: 16,500-45,000 avg. 30,750' or 9,300 m (Out)

Cirrostratus cloud: 20,000-42,000 avg. 31,000' or 9,400 m (Out)

So removing the outlier heights and using our combined remaining heights we get an average of 2,200 m.

From the base of the Okunen to where the cloud begins to hide behind it measures at 224 px. (2,200 m)

The diameter of the Okuken comes in at 410 px 4,026 m

To get the diameter of the City top I've decided to take the beam screenshot and use the curvature to get a circular frame and am using the arena as the center since it also appears as being in the center in the final frame.

The arena is 52 px/4,026 m

The City top is 1,270 px or 98,327 m

In our final shot I've taken a similar approach and made a circular frame using the base of the disbursed cloud and the sun as the centerpiece. The city top comes in at 8 px 98,327 m.

And finally the cloud diameter is 970 px or 11,922,148.75 m

Similarly I have measured the base disbursement to the highest disbursement to get the height which is 169 px or 2,077,157.875 m.

Now onward to cloud mass:

Cylinder volume calculator

Radius: 5,961,074.375

Height: 2,077,157.875

Gives us a volume of 231,882,759,537,639,346,045 m^3

Cloud density is 1.03 kg/m^3 so our mass is 238,839,242,323,768,526,426.35 kg

Kinetic Energy calculator

Mass: 238,839,242,323,768,526,426.35 kg

Velocity: 5,961,074.375/38 = 156,870.37 m/s

Our result: 2,938,715,413,974,822,302,238,733,015,355 J | 2.938 Tenajoules | 702.36 Exatons | STILL Small Planet Level

I found this in Space Battles Forum, and feel guilty for downplaying Yu Yu Hakusho characters all these years.

I just kinda wanted to chime in to say that Noc actually is trans.

She would sort of prefer to be called Kirsche from now on.

She's also going through a hard time right now due to irl family stuff, so, maybe going easy on her would be nice.

Noc ain't the main researcher for this episode, she's helping with it of course but the main researchers are Shade and Ultra. Granted, both of those guys still believe in universal CV and hard noped the Blood Moon for Ganon, so it doesn't really change anything.

Sucks to hear that Noc is going through hard times now, wasn't aware of that.

Maybe Majora's star thing could be considered.

It seems like something fairly easy to consider.

I am expecting Dracula to win the episode, which is great.

Hope it's a good animation too.

Back