• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
TitanCrusher101 said:
TMNT vs RWBY? That seems like a stomp, no?
4kids version or 1980 version of TMNT wins RWBY afaik. Others get stomped.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Also, of course, every single f*cking person voted Shazam. This is legit just "MINORITY REPORT!" Child vs Woman.
For cosmic order Shazam must win.

Said order: Shazam ~= Superman > Goku > Android 18 > Captain Marvel

^ Sure but make sure you do it in spoiler brackets else administrators, bureaucrats and central officers will shut you down.

Ep 107 Spoilers
Shazam won against Captain Marvel. Thank God cosmic order and peace have been preserved.
Ep 108 Spoilers
Wario vs King Dedede < Interesting, except Team Kirby should get another win quite easily as far as raw stats are concerned.

Okay, spoiler free time:

-Fun battle, decent 2D animation, pretty good Binary model. There is one original sprite work at the end that looks really rough, but otherwise it's pretty good.

-Research of Carol is greatly improved, but there's still some things off.

-I'm sure they really overblew two of the things they gave to Shazam, but after seeing some of it, HOW THE **** DOES SHAZAM NOT WIN EVERY TIME?!

-The portrayal of Shazam was better than I thought it'd be, so good on them

-Next match is going to be weird. Not super excited about it because I'm not a huge fan of either of them, but whatever.

Ep 106 spoilers
https://youtu.be/ibph8SQ3I4E
Love you but use a spoiler tag already to save yourself from a lawsuit. Thanks.
And I mean if you do not use a spoiler tag for that link Rooster Teeth HAS the authority and right to sue you or even prosecute you.
Administrators and bureaucrats please take note, thanks.

Spoilers! My Thoughts
Animation & Acting: Pretty good. Fun fight overall. Though Shazam was really annoying. I think they played up him being 12 years old just a little too much.
Explanation: The whole Shazam punching and making a black hole isn't anything new when you consider Flash's IMP, which IIRC, would do the exact same thing if comics kept in line with physics all the time. Also, felt that the whole 1/1000th of the Big Bang thing is way overblown. So is comparing him to Zeus. But that's me holding them to our standards, so...yeah.

Overall: It was an okay episode but I'm sick of Marvel fights, so my enjoyment is dampened. Plus, their explanation for Shazam is kind of wonky. The speed thing makes sense but everything else kind has me rolling my eyes, but whatevs. Ultimately, they got the right conclusion of Shazam winning just not the reasons really.

Next Fight: Wario vs Dedede? Well, this should be fun. I just hope the fight is wacky as heck!

Spoilers
So their analysis of Carol definitely improved from last time, much more detailed. While I feel they may have downplayed her a little bit still, especially with her speed, it seemed usual DB affair. The one moment from the fight where she absorbs his transformation lightning boltand dishes it back, causing him to change bak into Billy, seemed like BS to me.
Shazam seems like he was massively overhyped. Even though he definitely would have won, some of their calculations seemed WAY too high. Punching a monster so hard you make a black hole worth 97 F.O.E? Really? Also, outspeeding The Flash? Are you sure about that? At the specific speed you said? That looked like the Kingdom Come comic anyway, so its canonicity could be in question. That may just be the art style, though.

Ep 106 spoilers
https://youtu.be/ibph8SQ3I4E
Love you but use a spoiler tag already to save yourself from a lawsuit. Thanks.
And I mean if you do not use a spoiler tag for that link Rooster Teeth HAS the authority and right to sue you or even prosecute you.
Administrators and bureaucrats please take note, thanks.

Send me the video please :eyes:

He has already done. In the spoiler tag

You have been told.

Ep 106 spoilers
Just not using a spoiler tag quick enough and Rooster Teeth HAS TORN DOWN the link. Hope Peter is not prosecuted.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
What? That was me, I tried to use the spoiler tag and failed and the video is still up on YT. I just made it private. I think your over reacting man.
Psst, send it to my wall.

Psst, send it to my wall.

Peter just made the video private only dude. No worries.

And the official video is out exactly tomorrow.

Spoilers

I just watch Shazam vs Captain Marvel, it was pretty good overall and the result was mostly correct.

Although they did messed up Shazam's speed, first they say he is trillions of times FTL but then they later say he is quadrillions of times FTL. Even the method is wrong, Superman having femto-second reactions would make him millions of times FTL, not trillions of times FTL.

The only other thing which smell fishy was scaling Shazam to Zeus, just because his powers come from that deity it doesn't means he must be as strong, Juggernaut isn't as powerful as Cyttorak unless the latter allow this in the first place.

While most of the fight was really good, the end was pretty boring. I don't know, such anti-climatic ending talks a lot about of how improvised this battle was, like nobody cared about making it actually epic or something like that.

There's no tension nor sense of danger. In some fights I don't know who'll win even if I know who's stronger (because DB mostly), but they achieve the point in being unpredictable. When Shazam killed Marvel I was like "wait, is that all?"

Back