• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Marvel comics] Captain Marvel gets what she deserves

Updated Captain Marvel Profile

Here is the sandbox

There were a lot of changes from the images to the resume section and obviously the big ones that i will talk in detail.
Now I will be going through the most important changes, the keys in the current profile, "the tiers and powers" and binary powers that will lead to the upgrade.

The keys

I made it into 3 keys that I called "Original", "Classic" and "Modern", we can change those names if you can tell me better ones, I will first explain the keys which leads to the big mistake I mentioned.

Original (1969-1981): In 1969 Carol Danvers was affected by the Psyche-Magnitron which resulted in her getting powers, which later it was retconned and it just actually awakened her Kree powers. The powers she got at this point made her a "flying tank" she had no energy manipulation/absortion powers at this point.
For tier I made her "At most 5-B" since she had many encounters with 5-B's and she can fight them although she acknowledged that she is inferior requiring skill and speed to defeat them as such she will be downscaling from 1.2 Yottatons Those powers lasted until 1981 when Rogue stole them from her.

Classic (1982-2012): In 1982 during an X-Men mission she had a "talk" with the Brood which resulted in her Kree DNA being reactivated and amped to a much higher degree. She become Binary until 1998 where she lost her binary transformation, becoming Warbird and then back to Ms. Marvel. It was in this phase she got her energy powers, in the profile I kinda of fused both Binary and Warbird/Ms. Marvel phases into 1 but they still have different tabs showing the different powers between both. In 2012 she changed to Captain Marvel.

Modern (2012-present): In 2012 she started going by Captain Marvel the reason why it has it's own key is mostly because her popularity, the most modern Captain Marvel shown to have more power and much more control over her binary powers which at this point she can just activate with no need for any outside help. Also she got experimented by the brood again which gave her a new boost even a new transformation

Fixing the keys

Well this should have been fixed a long time ago
The current "classic" key has a mix of the "original" and "classic" phases which have different power sets and it's the reason why she is very inconsistent which kept her at tier 7.
The "modern" is a mix of "classic" and "modern" ones which is not exacly wrong but divided we get much more consistency.

The tiers and powers

Her "original" key has consistency with planet level but she was still new to her powers and had little knowledge, also it's that time of the comics top tiers "only lift 100 tons" but she had quite a few feats that i mention on the sandbox to explain her tier.

A very important thing to keep in mind regarding "classic" key is that in the beggining right after her powers decreased there was a period where her powers were inconsistent exacly because her powers where in flux between her Binary and Ms. Marvel and the alcoohlism sure didn't help either, but at one point she become much more consistent having many feats with 5-B characters some of which are in her profile

Now let's talk about Binary her 4-C is already accepted so we will go into the power section which has some incredible additions, such has portal creation and spacial manipulation.
When she first showed up on Binary mode she did say her power source was the very fabric of the universe that was vague but later we had a white hole she created was tearing the very fabric of space and her power disort the very fabric of space and because 2 is a coincidence but 3 is a pattern we had her creating a portal by manipulating the fabric of reality (I will talk about those 3 last feats in detail). This powers can apperantly be used only in Binary form as such only Binary tab and modern have this abilities since the modern can activate Binary at will.

Sort of Upgrade

Some time ago Ms. Marvel created a white hole to save a sun everything was fine until this happened Carol was under control of another race and ended up losing control of her powers which caused a lot of problems one of which was an explosion that was going to end all life in a radius of 10 to 15 light years and also the destruction of parts of multiple galaxies, I'm sure this is at least 3-C feat which can support a full rating instead of just "possibly"

And also a 3-A to High 3-A environment destruction, she could have caused the destruction of a universe by manipulating the fabric of reality

Everything has it's source on the profile's references section

Revised profile looks good.

This would affect Rogue’s scaling

Last edited:

Yes. Agreed.

This can probably be applied then.
So how do we discuss how much will she scale to? I assume you read the upgrade part which i did not add to the sandbox so if you ok with the upgrade this would change to:
Attack Potency: At most Planet level (Managed to fight against the power of the Skarab which was stated it required Hecate enough power to destroy a planet to be overcome[67], defeated a robot that managed to hurt Hulk[68], fought Tiger Shark inside water although was physically inferior[6], although with the help knocked out Ronan the Accuser [69][Notes 1]) | Varies (Depending on the amount of energy she absorbs and uses), at least Planet level (Should be stronger than before stated that her powers came back stronger than before[41], overpowered the Grey Hulk[70][Notes 2]), up to Galaxy level in Binary mode (Almost caused the destruction of parts of multiple galaxies, she became a living star and generated enough power to release the Acanti, which need to do so with the heart of a star[50]), higher with photonic blasts | Varies (Depending on the amount of energy she absorbs and uses), up to Galaxy level (As powerful as before, fought Sindr[71][72], who claimed to have burned stars from the sky and fought War Thor [73], who traded blows with Jane Foster Thor[74][Notes 3]), higher with photonic blasts, High Universe level environment destruction
Galaxy level being scaled to baseline since she has no value to scale from in her classic binary key I will add the proper refences if I made it into the profile

Revised profile looks good.

Rogue would only scale to classic pre-Binary Miss Marvel.
Yes she would downscale from the 1.2 Yottatons like Original ms marvel, her profile right now is really in need of an update at some point

I can work on a full update to her profile later as it is something that takes a while but I will add the planet stuff to her profile
Okay. That is perfectly fine. Thank you for helping out. 🙏
Another thing, should I erase the fights of the profile now? I'm pretty sure that is going to affect it significantly since she will stop being tier 7 and tier 4 and multiple additions.
I think so, yes.

Okay. That is perfectly fine. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

I think so, yes.
Rogue's Lifting strenght is currently unknown despite Carol being Class M long ago was this an update that was forgotten or is there any reason why she would not scale to her?

Save it hero since I still need to erase from other's profile
'''Notable Victories:'''

[[vsforum:threads/142892|Superman]] ([[Superman and Lois]]) [[Superman (Superman and Lois)|Superman's Profile]] (Classic Captain Marvel and Base Superman were used. Speed was equalized. Solar Flare was restricted)

'''Notable Losses:'''

[[vsforum:threads/161262|Saitama]] ([[One-Punch Man]]) [[Saitama|Saitama's Profile]] (3-C Post-Balding Saitama and Modern Captain Marvel are used; Speed is equalised; Starting Distance: 30 meters)

[[vsforum:threads/garou-vs-captain-marvel-8-0-0-grace-is-over.164261/|Garou]] ([[One-Punch Man]]) [[Garou|Garou's Profile]] ( 4-A Cosmic Fear Mode Garou and 3-C Modern Captain Marvel were used, Speed was equalized)

[[vsforum:threads/captain-marvel-carol-danvers-vs-kai-ninjago-2-9-0-grace-ended.166455/|Kai]] ([[Ninjago]]) [[Kai (Ninjago)|Kai's Profile]] (4-C Staff of Elements Kai and Modern Captain Marvel were used, Speed was equalized)

Sorry to jump in so late, but I have a few things to point out, in a blog that is very well made for the most part.

Her resistance to cold in the first tabber should be tweaked, the hundreds of below zero degrees were running inside the pipes, which then detonated in a hot explosion. Carol didn't withstand that cold, so that bit should be removed.

I'm not sure the scan about acute hearing refers to her having a heightened hearing, from how it is written, it seems it is made acute by the condition of the underwater environment.

The "genetically programmed combat skills" could work for instinctive reaction, as the textbooks speaks of "acting out of reflex alone". This is furtherly shown in the attack reflection scan, showing how Binary's powers trigger automatically.

I don't think she resisted the Super Adaptoid, as she states she's using her absorbtion powers to take back what was taken from her, doubling it, meaning the adaptoid did copy her powers, she just took them back.

Binary's telekinesis looks more like a stream of heat energy that melts the opponent's weapons, so I'd replace it.

Resistance to black hole could use a scan showing or proving that that sphere is actually a black hole, right now nothing points out to it.

Resistance to Fire seems to be misinterpreted, Carol isn't diving into a star herself, she's sending this Acanti soul into it.

I'd swap Life Manip with Astral Projection or Illusion Creation, since that Binary Hologram wasn't real.

I don't think she qualifies for Supernatural Willpower, she's stated to have an unwavering will to push through odds, but it sounds well within human boundaries and definitions of "strong will".

I don't really see her resisting Ghost Rider's fire, she's been hit, seemingly hurt but not killed, I wouldn't call it outright resistance, more like durability.

I haven't looked at the rest of the profile yet, but it seems good overall.
It needs a general clean up in grammar, punctuation, verbal times etc... but that's about it.

Sorry to jump in so late, but I have a few things to point out, in a blog that is very well made for the most part.
It's very very late all the changes were already applied and I actually asked this thread to be close some time ago, actually multiple times. but ok
Her resistance to cold in the first tabber should be tweaked, the hundreds of below zero degrees were running inside the pipes, which then detonated in a hot explosion. Carol didn't withstand that cold, so that bit should be removed.
The scan stated "an instant of absolute cold" the reason being the pipes were riped and what was inside was leaking affecting Captain Marvel that was righ there.
I'm not sure the scan about acute hearing refers to her having a heightened hearing, from how it is written, it seems it is made acute by the condition of the underwater environment.
Seems more like a byproduct of adaptation to the enriroment granting her acute senses, I doubt that it's normal for peaple's hearing hurt underwater so it should be supernatural
The "genetically programmed combat skills" could work for instinctive reaction, as the textbooks speaks of "acting out of reflex alone". This is furtherly shown in the attack reflection scan, showing how Binary's powers trigger automatically.
Sure
I don't think she resisted the Super Adaptoid, as she states she's using her absorbtion powers to take back what was taken from her, doubling it, meaning the adaptoid did copy her powers, she just took them back.
Technically that's resisting otherwise it's power null+ power absortion
Binary's telekinesis looks more like a stream of heat energy that melts the opponent's weapons, so I'd replace it.
I guess though seems to be moving from their hands
Resistance to black hole could use a scan showing or proving that that sphere is actually a black hole, right now nothing points out to it.
I can give more context
Resistance to Fire seems to be misinterpreted, Carol isn't diving into a star herself, she's sending this Acanti soul into it.
No, no, no, she is actually turning herself into a star to release the Acanti, not diving in a star but turning herself meaning she is subjecting herself to the temperature of the core of a star
I'd swap Life Manip with Astral Projection or Illusion Creation, since that Binary Hologram wasn't real.
It's actually very real, that "avatar" actually uses her powers to break the real Carol free, heck actually later she makes another one that becomes a copy of herself and was eating. That is no astral projection or illusion Carol just shapped energy into the form of a person which can even be a sentient being
I don't think she qualifies for Supernatural Willpower, she's stated to have an unwavering will to push through odds, but it sounds well within human boundaries and definitions of "strong will".
When I made a thread to add that I had more evidence but it seemed to much to add all
I don't really see her resisting Ghost Rider's fire, she's been hit, seemingly hurt but not killed, I wouldn't call it outright resistance, more like durability.
Fire burns though, this wiki differenciates between blunt force and burn damage for a reason.
I haven't looked at the rest of the profile yet, but it seems good overall.
It needs a general clean up in grammar, punctuation, verbal times etc... but that's about it.

It's very very late all the changes were already applied and I actually asked this thread to be close some time ago, actually multiple times. but ok
I know, my pc had broken down and I couldn't do much in the meantime it was under repairing, apologies again.

The scan stated "an instant of absolute cold" the reason being the pipes were riped and what was inside was leaking affecting Captain Marvel that was righ there.
But doesn't the content of the pipes boil the instant it is jettisoned out? Meaning she would have only withstood the heat and not the cold that caused them to burst.

Seems more like a byproduct of adaptation to the enriroment granting her acute senses, I doubt that it's normal for peaple's hearing hurt underwater so it should be supernatural
Yeah, I agree, so we might keep it as ES and Adaptation.

Technically that's resisting otherwise it's power null+ power absortion.
Not really, because the Adaptoid did get her power.
Also, does the Adaptoid really absorb the powers instead of just copying them? Carol said she had gotten double her powers from those she already had plus those she absorbed from the Adaptoid which had copied them.

I guess though seems to be moving from their hands
I see it as them dropping the weapons since they're melting down.

I can give more context
That would be good, yes.

No, no, no, she is actually turning herself into a star to release the Acanti, not diving in a star but turning herself meaning she is subjecting herself to the temperature of the core of a star
It works then, the problem is the way it is worded, but it seems to be just a typo with the "on the core" instead of "of the core".

It's actually very real, that "avatar" actually uses her powers to break the real Carol free, heck actually later she makes another one that becomes a copy of herself and was eating. That is no astral projection or illusion Carol just shapped energy into the form of a person which can even be a sentient being
That should be explained or showed then, those scans just display her dispelling the avatar.

That is much better, it's not too much, it's a normal amount of information.

Fire burns though, this wiki differenciates between blunt force and burn damage for a reason.
Yeah, but given how many times we have characters in fiction getting hit by fire, electricity and other elements without displaying visible damage or such (art/graphic inconstistency, easiness, work's sake...) we require statements or solid showings of them really resisting that.
Here she is just hit and blasted back.

And about resistance to diseases, it doesn't have an explanation, so it'd be great if you could provide that too.

I know, my pc had broken down and I couldn't do much in the meantime it was under repairing, apologies again.

But doesn't the content of the pipes boil the instant it is jettisoned out? Meaning she would have only withstood the heat and not the cold that caused them to burst.
Nah, it says "absolute cold" and then starts talking about the pipes, you can see in this scan that he was ripping a pipe what you can't see is the previous part where he was ripping the pipe to aim at Carol who was right in front of him, she was hit with Liquid hydrogen from a lase cooling system, if you really want to check all the references are there but I think it's a waste of time to add another scan when everything you need is in this one, and it's harder to divide all the scans in multiple ones
Not really, because the Adaptoid did get her power.
Also, does the Adaptoid really absorb the powers instead of just copying them? Carol said she had gotten double her powers from those she already had plus those she absorbed from the Adaptoid which had copied them.
He had Sentry's power who knows what exacly was he doing, the adaptoid didn't actually used her powers at any point in the fight, maybe he was trying to copy it but her absortion was making it so he couldn't actually absorb it.
I see it as them dropping the weapons since they're melting down.
They still seem to be mid air and don't seem to be falling, and it seems unlikely they would drop the weapons before they actually started to get heat considering one of them wasn't even melting yet
That would be good, yes.
I already added to Carol's page, but it was a black hole reactor that was used as a source of energy, it was about to explode and release the black hole killing everyone but Carol picked it up and was trying to take it as far from Earth as possible, Scarlet Witch casted a spell around the reactor before it exploded so that it doesn't kill everyone, but Carol was still holding the reactor so she was affected once the black hole was released
It works then, the problem is the way it is worded, but it seems to be just a typo with the "on the core" instead of "of the core".
English is not my main language, it might be a typo
That should be explained or showed then, those scans just display her dispelling the avatar.
It's hard because it envolves many pages of the comic to explain and it's way to much work to keep making all new posts on imgur to explain each thing, the references are there for anyone to check out, and technically she is not "dispelling" she is absobing her back. Another thing, I spoke in another thread about this because there are many powers involved in this one, like phasing, shape shifting, and most important this one, biological manipulation by absorbing DNA from her surroundings, Antvasima didn't agree in adding it so I kept it as just that
Captain-Marvel-looks-at-energy-form.jpg
That is much better, it's not too much, it's a normal amount of information.
I guess
Yeah, but given how many times we have characters in fiction getting hit by fire, electricity and other elements without displaying visible damage or such (art/graphic inconstistency, easiness, work's sake...) we require statements or solid showings of them really resisting that.
Here she is just hit and blasted back.
In this very comic Robbie used an attack just like this one and said "fire" Carol was also "hit" by penance stare that Robbie said it was gonna burn her too, I was gonna add soul resistance because of this and other stuff but I was told that Hellfire is "magic" and that was not sure about until the magic sandbox was made
And about resistance to diseases, it doesn't have an explanation, so it'd be great if you could provide that too.
I din't add it, I'm not sure what they are refering to this

Nah, it says "absolute cold" and then starts talking about the pipes, you can see in this scan that he was ripping a pipe what you can't see is the previous part where he was ripping the pipe to aim at Carol who was right in front of him, she was hit with Liquid hydrogen from a lase cooling system, if you really want to check all the references are there but I think it's a waste of time to add another scan when everything you need is in this one, and it's harder to divide all the scans in multiple ones
Fine then.

He had Sentry's power who knows what exacly was he doing, the adaptoid didn't actually used her powers at any point in the fight, maybe he was trying to copy it but her absortion was making it so he couldn't actually absorb it.
She says that she's taking her powers back, meaning the Adaptoid succeeded in taking them in the first place, so she didn't resist the absorption, she just used her own absorbing powers to get them back.

They still seem to be mid air and don't seem to be falling, and it seems unlikely they would drop the weapons before they actually started to get heat considering one of them wasn't even melting yet
It's just the way the scene is drawn, you can see her shooting energy from her hands and hitting the weapons that start to melt, they seem in mid air because they have either been dropped or hit by the blunt force. Either case, it's not plain telekinesis.

I already added to Carol's page, but it was a black hole reactor that was used as a source of energy, it was about to explode and release the black hole killing everyone but Carol picked it up and was trying to take it as far from Earth as possible, Scarlet Witch casted a spell around the reactor before it exploded so that it doesn't kill everyone, but Carol was still holding the reactor so she was affected once the black hole was released
Yeah, the second scan on Carol's page gives the right context.

English is not my main language, it might be a typo
Yeah, just correct it.

It's hard because it envolves many pages of the comic to explain and it's way to much work to keep making all new posts on imgur to explain each thing, the references are there for anyone to check out, and technically she is not "dispelling" she is absobing her back. Another thing, I spoke in another thread about this because there are many powers involved in this one, like phasing, shape shifting, and most important this one, biological manipulation by absorbing DNA from her surroundings, Antvasima didn't agree in adding it so I kept it as just that
Then add the necessary and complete explanation, maybe with just a few scans that you feel are needed, because right now both the description and the scan are insufficient.

In this very comic Robbie used an attack just like this one and said "fire" Carol was also "hit" by penance stare that Robbie said it was gonna burn her too, I was gonna add soul resistance because of this and other stuff but I was told that Hellfire is "magic" and that was not sure about until the magic sandbox was made
Then I guess we can wait, I still feel it's not enough for fire resistance, but I won't stress it too much, since she already has similar resistances.

I din't add it, I'm not sure what they are refering to this
Unless we have proof she healed by herself, and not because of an outside entity, then it should be removed.

Sterilizing is healing, which is different from resistance to diseases, because it doesn't mean she'd be able to fight off viruses and such, or at least not necessarily.

That said, if you can grab a scan proving what you say (aka Cru activating her powers) then it should be good to add, assuming nothing says her powers returned to be dormant after.

Sterilizing is healing, which is different from resistance to diseases, because it doesn't mean she'd be able to fight off viruses and such, or at least not necessarily.
Except for someone who is basically a star capable of releasing sunlight whenever she wants, actually it's basically a passive.

Technically yes, but with that logic we could give her resistance to a dozen other things that can't withstand the heat of a star.
We can assume she does, but listing to be listed on a profile it needs actual evidences.

Still, I'm fine with it, just provide the scan stating it was her awakened abilities that allowed her to cancel out the disease.

Technically yes, but with that logic we could give her resistance to a dozen other things that can't withstand the heat of a star.
We can assume she does, but listing to be listed on a profile it needs actual evidences.
And in this same scan the other guy says she likely could "go outside" on the virus zone because of this same power, but Carol knows this virus is not that simple to get rid off, but this proves a weaker one would.
Still, I'm fine with it, just provide the scan stating it was her awakened abilities that allowed her to cancel out the disease.
It's unclear, the cru specifically states unlocked multiple of her abilties but doesn't say specifically about that since it was made prior to her even noticing Cru was on her body

Back