• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (2) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Spoilers for the verdict=
Rhodey won. Unsurprisingly. Genos was 15 Megatons from his fight against Elder Centipede and given Mach 200 speeds for the time it took his blast to hit the Z city meteor. Rhodes was 286 Teratons scaling off Tony destroying a manhattan-sized mountain, with Mach 600 speeds for flying into orbit. They mentioned that both had potential relativistic speeds, but Rhodey's were more concrete and consistent.

Spoilers for the next fight=
Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill) VS. Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)

Death Battle Episode 123 spoilers
TGI Rhodey winning.
Death Battle Episode 124 spoilers
Esdeath (Akame ga Kill!) VS. Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)
Nani? Is that Sly Cooper vs Rouge the Bat except gender swapped and AP adjusted? Strength aside, does Gray have an answer to time stop? And if Gray does, could he pierce through Es'... any part of her body?

This may be as well the second hero vs villain matchup that the villain would win.

Jasonsith said:
One of the death battle researchers had a large research project on AGK and recalced Esdeath's storm to High 6-A, and also acknowledged that she could still be Low 6-B in base. I'm not liking Gray's chances.

One of the death battle researchers had a large research project on AGK and recalced Esdeath's storm to High 6-A, and also acknowledged that she could still be Low 6-B in base. I'm not liking Gray's chances.
MHS (Esdeath) vs Sub relativistic (Gray)
Does (Gray) have any hax that negates durability? It's the only way (he)'ll win.
Well... Esdeath can control ice because of demon blood, and Gray's ice devil slayer magic negates demon durability...

So Esdeath has strength and Gray has speed. Esdeath has time stop but Gray has (some specific) dura neg.

Just wondering if Lost Iced Shell (Sealing and Memory Manipulation) could be the "Penance Stare" Gray needs to "feast" on Esdeath. I mean Esdeath is really tasty but too chilling to taste on.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Does the former have any hax that negates durability? It's the only way they'll win
Gray has soul manipulation according to his profile so really assuming they give Esdeath the edge in strength Gray can **** her her soul up via superior speed

was there a single instance of a weaker fighter wining via speed in DB?

i haven't seen every single DeathBattle, but i remember some of the losers (like Vergil or Jotaro) being faster (in ScrewAttack's eyes,that is) yet they still lost

So she still should lose then. Doesn't the storm crap require prep as well? Even so, unless she has a feat that makes her faster, then he can use his hax on her and win. It's the only way he wins.

MetalGearRaiden said:
was there a single instance of a weaker fighter wining via speed in DB?
i haven't seen every single DeathBattle, but i remember some of the losers (like Vergil or Jotaro) being faster (in ScrewAttack's eyes,that is) yet they still lost
arguably canary, since they mention that physically sindel was far stronger

also since season 4, i'm pretty sure every member of the research team (at least the 2 i'm acquainted with) agree that Seph blitzes the hell out of vergil. and to be fair, Jotaro couldn't coutner Musou Tensei or Ken's durability.

Really this fight boils down to how DB interpret both characters DC and speed along with the Scailing for them Ace vs Natsu was like what 4 or 5 years ago iirc

I mean, speed would've been the reason Miles beat Deku before it was revealed he'd fight Static (and also he doesn't even beat Deku anymore due to gigaton AoE attacks).

But uh... Tbf, none of the combatants who were quicker had any hax that could've helped beat the opponent save for Gimped Sasuke, but I mean he still lost anyways. But yeah, maybe this will be our first DB that turns out that way in more recent times since most MUs lately have been totally one-sided.

I would assume the fight would be animated, yes.

Make sense neither posses a 3D model except for gray who's game won't be coming out for awhile to get said model

Eh. Miles being rela doesn't help him if he can't physically move at those speeds. If his travel speed scaled, sure. But then again, I'm not sure what Deku's attack speed even is at the moment so maybe he does still outlast him.

Black Canary is faster. Wonder Woman is faster (in combat speed). Ghost Rider is faster (in travel speed). And Migue79 worked really hard on putting Kaede at relativistic speed.

Usually the faster character wins (esp. if one can actually deliver a reliable killing blow).

MHS (Esdeath) vs Sub relativistic (Gray)
Does (Gray) have any hax that negates durability? It's the only way (he)'ll win.
Well... Esdeath can control ice because of demon blood, and Gray's ice devil slayer magic negates demon durability...

So Esdeath has strength and Gray has speed. Esdeath has time stop but Gray has (some specific) dura neg.

Just wondering if Lost Iced Shell (Sealing and Memory Manipulation) could be the "Penance Stare" Gray needs to "feast" on Esdeath. I mean Esdeath is really tasty but too chilling to taste on.
There are too many questions marks in the hax of both sides (Esdeath (Akame ga Kill!) VS. Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)) which makes this match interesting. Looking forward towards it indeed.

Episode 124 Spoilers
I haven't seen Fairy Tail in awhile, but isn't the Ice Shell supposed to kill him if he uses it? I doubt it's gonna be relevant if that's the case.

Episode 124 Spoilers
I haven't read it since Tartaros arc either but if its being talked about, then doesn't that mean that he's improved it so he doesn't kill himself.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Episode 124 Spoilers
I haven't read it since Tartaros arc either but if its being talked about, then doesn't that mean that he's improved it so he doesn't kill himself.
Episode 124 Spoilers
No, Ice Shell still kill the user. Gray did start the beginning part of Ice Shell a couple of times but he never complete the Ice Shell technique, so this is why he never died from Ice Shell.

So the fight dropped early on VRV I guess. Anyway, spoiler-free review of Genos vs War Machine.

-Both are severely underplayed in terms of speed and strength, they avoided scaling as much as they could. Even when they did scale, it's nothing compared to what they can actually do.

-Found out some stuff about WM I never knew, so that's fun.

-Hand-drawn animation was pretty good. They definitely pulled some anime corner-cutting with certain bits (you'll know), but it was still energetic.

-Rhodey's VA was doing a pretty good impression of a chill Don Cheadle; Genos' VA sounded like the dub guy without the robot filter, so that was good.

-Genos seemed especially in character during the fight, good on the writer for that.

-Next battle made me audibly go "Oh no..." I've retreated behind a wall to avoid the salt, but I know in my heart that all will be consumed by it.

Elizhaa said:
Episode 124 Spoilers
Gray hasn't personally fought anyone who has time stop and he has no resistance to it. Closest person was Racer, but his power slowed down everything else around him at a certain radius and he was able to figure that out and exploit it thanks to Lyon helping him. I forget whether he fought Ultear, but her stuff mainly messed with the "internal clock" of an object (it either immediately went to its natural lifespan end or reverted to an earlier state) and her most powerful technique rewound time about a second at the cost of her life. Esdeath has this in the bag.

By Death Battle patterns, the winner is determined by:
  • Who actually has a way of killing the opponent wins
  • When both have a way of killing the opponent, the faster one wins
So the real question is: Can Gray one-shot Esdeath with any of his moves (hax or not) before Esdeath mowed Gray with time stop and brute force.

Back