• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (2) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Death Battle Episode 124 spoilers
DB stated in Weiss vs Mitsuru that "Boomstick: Yeah, but slowin' downtime seems like an instant win move, doesn't it?
Wiz: In some ways, yes, but we look for who can win the most matches overall. Not just a couple of times out of a thousand possibilities thanks to one good move." So i think they'll apply this same logic here.
To be honest i kinda wanted Toshiro vs Esdeath.

Toshiro vs aokiji is something I can see down the line Anyways next episode between Esdeath Vs Gray is gonna have folks debating who can Get the W

TartaChocholate said:
I was also hoping for Jin to be honest.
[URL='https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4023407#379']Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
snip[/URL]
Long text alert

Death Battle Episode 124 spoilers
DB stated in Weiss vs Mitsuru that "Boomstick: Yeah, but slowin' downtime seems like an instant win move, doesn't it?
Wiz: In some ways, yes, but we look for who can win the most matches overall. Not just a couple of times out of a thousand possibilities thanks to one good move."
Borrowing the case for Mob vs Tatsumaki, hax does not guarantee a sure win if the character is clearly overpowered and blitzed.
And I am sure even people here buys the idea that a time stop plus massive AP / durability advantage should help Esdeath secure a big win.
Just buckle up for supersonic Fairy Tail.

1. Do you actually buy Country level Gray or anywhere close to Esdeath?

2. Should Gray be maxed at what is the one-shot move by Gray? How good is his dura nega and sealings?

3. Do you think Screwattack may straight call the Shikoutazer crater feat rock vaporisation instead of pulverisation?

4. Or suddenly drop out a soil fragmentation level Shikoutazer?

Again, if the crew follow our site, Esdeath has strength and Gray has speed. Following the Jotaro Kujo vs Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) trend, the one who can actually harm and with a massive AP advantage wins. So basically it is a search through how good the hax from Gray is. (The continent storm super move from Esdeath requires one day prep time, and the time stop is the last ditch effort literal Trump card. And even more last ditch is the Gray's sealing.

Just to ask: how good is Gray's shadow clone jutsu or stealth mastery or even intangibility? Those may help him survive a time stop or even any direct attack from the Ice Queen.)

I am surprised how a lot of people actually love Gray. I thought Esdeath is the more well-known (more loved or hated) one.

Speaking of which, as main combatants in Death Battle, villains have a bad win-loss record against heroes but males have a bad win-loss record against females. So this match can be a breakthrough for either side.
Jin Kisaragi vs Esdeath is as big a no as Aigis vs Noel Vermillio. (Esp. If you buy 2-A or 4-D hax Blazblue and do not buy Low 2-C Persona non-canon protagonist) Just it would be a clear cut easy research work from Screwattack crew (who is now merged with/ the Rooster Teeth Animation team).
Tōshirō Hitsugaya vs Kuzan (Admiral Aokiji)? Watch Toshiro yields the first easy win from Bleach.

I still find it funny despite Hiei vs Sasuke being wrong it didn't create that much salt and folks were like "yeah it's wrong but **** Sasuke lol"

Tipper17 said:
I still find it funny despite Hiei vs Sasuke being wrong it didn't create that much salt and folks were like "yeah it's wrong but **** Sasuke lol"
So are Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla, Captain Falcon vs Johnny Cage and arguably Mob vs Tatsumaki.

In contrast against THE Ben 10 vs Green Lantern. Correct verdict but almost every cartoon lover has a Greta Thunberg face on how Screwattack dared to crucify Ben Tennyson against Hal Jordan when Ben 10 is the one who would be crucifying Beast Boy.

Tatsumaki vs Mob practically flip a Coin toss Johnny cage vs Captain Falcon no issue there and don't see it being wrong especially where MK PLs are all over the place

THE video

And K.O. Computer > Teenage Morphin' Ninja Power > Sirens of Combat > WATTS Up Danger so far

By far I am more comfortable with Esdeath winning by raw strength and time stop over Gray Fullbuster's speed and questionable hax with caveats thicker than his hax walls themselves. May change my mind.

Jasonsith said:
THE video
And K.O. Computer > Teenage Morphin' Ninja Power > Sirens of Combat > WATTS Up Danger so far

By far I am more comfortable with Esdeath winning by raw strength and time stop over Gray Fullbuster's speed and questionable hax with caveats thicker than his hax walls themselves. May change my mind.
I'm actually part of the G1 prediction blog. We're currently looking at Invel's blizzard feat, as it might end up giving really good results.

Back