• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
emiya_vs_deku_by_connordiesel_dedw0pg-pre.jpg

Honestly Jin vs Vergil is super super thematic but Satsuki has basically no super thematic matchups that arent stretches
Actually, you can make a good idea for a matchup with Death the Kid.

Imo, there's a reason I'm backing this matchup:

1. Prodigies from a young age.
  2. They follow the aspect of the child either carrying on/destroying the legacy their parents left/leave behind. (Death the Kid, in the manga, became the Grim Reaper in DWMA after Lord Death died whereas Satsuki Kiryuin destroyed the legacy Ragyo created in order to save the world.)
  3. They found allies from a different social class than them (Kid found the Thompson sisters in the slums of New York and became friends with Maka and Black Star at the DWMA, while Satsuki found her Elite Four from rival schools, friendships from a young age, opposing figures.)
  4. They have abilities/behaviors from parents (Immense Soul Power and The Lines of Sanzu vs. Junketsu and Kiryuin Bright Light)
  5. Their ideologies juxtapose in interesting ways. (Good and Evil must balance each other in the world vs. Those who don't have ambition are lower than scum).
  6. CQC vs. CQC/Long Range

Plus, I love a good Guns vs Swords matchup.

Alright guys quick fire questions from me!

1.Do you think the crew can back up the hype for S8 if so why?

2.Do you think think it could rival S5/6 tier in quality?

3.what are the key main factors for this season to be the best?
1.) Yes. They've been listening to the constructive feedback and hopefully, they took it to heart and keep what works while also expanding.

2.) Perhaps.

3.) Entertainment: The Research would get better this season, but the thing that would make fans angry is if their character isn't presented correctly, so DB should make the characters stick to their personalities while making the fight believable.

Actually, you can make a good idea for a matchup with Death the Kid.

Imo, there's a reason I'm backing this matchup:

1. Prodigies from a young age.
  2. They follow the aspect of the child either carrying on/destroying the legacy their parents left/leave behind. (Death the Kid, in the manga, became the Grim Reaper in DWMA after Lord Death died whereas Satsuki Kiryuin destroyed the legacy Ragyo created in order to save the world.)
  3. They found allies from a different social class than them (Kid found the Thompson sisters in the slums of New York and became friends with Maka and Black Star at the DWMA, while Satsuki found her Elite Four from rival schools, friendships from a young age, opposing figures.)
  4. They have abilities/behaviors from parents (Immense Soul Power and The Lines of Sanzu vs. Junketsu and Kiryuin Bright Light)
  5. Their ideologies juxtapose in interesting ways. (Good and Evil must balance each other in the world vs. Those who don't have ambition are lower than scum).
  6. CQC vs. CQC/Long Range

Plus, I love a good Guns vs Swords matchup.
NGL i forgot kid existed

NGL i forgot kid existed
1.) Yes. They've been listening to the constructive feedback and hopefully, they took it to heart and keep what works while also expanding.

2.) Perhaps.

3.) Entertainment: The Research would get better this season, but the thing that would make fans angry is if their character isn't presented correctly, so DB should make the characters stick to their personalities while making the fight believable.

not a bad pick much better than Bruno

~13 hours left.

I am sleeping by the time so anyone please help copying anything special and put them in a spoiler tab to comply with the spoiler requirement From the DBW.
Like this

~13 hours left.

I am sleeping by the time so anyone please help copying anything special and put them in a spoiler tab to comply with the spoiler requirement From the DBW.
Like this
Maybe I would be able at that time(at least to put their announcement of next fighters.)

Not really, they have literally nothing in common
From DBW:
Wave and Satsuki are both characters that work on the opposing side of the main character, but have the same goal as the main character (Wave to take down the corrupt empire and Satsuki to take down Ragyo). Both have armor that transforms onto them upon activation that’s almost identical to the armor of the main protagonist, except they’re both the superior versions of said armor. Both live in a world where there are rare weapons and armors crafted by supernatural resources (Teigus by Danger Beasts and Goku Uniforms by Life Fibers). Both also end up betraying the main villain and teaming up with the main character in order to take them down.

From DBW:
Wave and Satsuki are both characters that work on the opposing side of the main character, but have the same goal as the main character (Wave to take down the corrupt empire and Satsuki to take down Ragyo). Both have armor that transforms onto them upon activation that’s almost identical to the armor of the main protagonist, except they’re both the superior versions of said armor. Both live in a world where there are rare weapons and armors crafted by supernatural resources (Teigus by Danger Beasts and Goku Uniforms by Life Fibers). Both also end up betraying the main villain and teaming up with the main character in order to take them down.
Satsuki is Ryuko's outright ally, whereas wave still opposed tatsumi even after taking down shikotazer

Junketsu is inferior to Senketsu actually, and where was is stated that Chariot is superior to Incursio

In Kill la Kill every piece of clothing o the planet has life fibers in them...

Satsuki was never on Ragyo's side to begin with

In RvB with Commentary they said they're probably doing Justice League vs Avengers at some point, but probably not any time soon just due to how complicated the matchup is. The reason Red vs Blue was the first team fight since Eggman vs Wily is because team fights are way more complicated than one-on-ones. Heck, the main reason Red vs Blue was possible is because, in their own words, all the combatants are pretty similar in terms of combat.

In RvB with Commentary they said they're probably doing Justice League vs Avengers at some point, but probably not any time soon just due to how complicated the matchup is. The reason Red vs Blue was the first team fight since Eggman vs Wily is because team fights are way more complicated than one-on-ones. Heck, the main reason Red vs Blue was possible is because, in their own words, all the combatants are pretty similar in terms of combat.
So that's why

Not to mention Eggman vs Wily is kind of different from Red vs Blue, since most members of their respective armies are nameless grunts and even the named ones aren't that complicated. The only active fighters that really needed to be taken into consideration are Bass, Metal Sonic, and of course Eggman and Wily themselves. Also it was Season 1 and standards were way lower.

Something like Red vs Blue but with two teams from different series would be really complicated.

Also, speaking of, if Red and Blue vs Team Fortress ever did happen, what incarnation of Red and Blue do you think they'd use?

If they wanted to use characters at their peaks, that means they'd also need someone to stand in for Tex and Church. Washington and Doc/O'Malley seem like good enough substitutes, since Wash was a part of Blue Team for an extended period of time, while Doc never formally joined either team was considered part of both as a neutral party of sorts. And for those who ignored the spoiler warning and have watched a chunk of RvB, no Omega doesn't come back, Doc just developed a split personality based on Omega after Grif accidentally sent him into another dimension for over a year and then he found out nobody even noticed he was gone.

Ignoring a certain Overwatch Fan who won't be named unjustly nerfing TF2 and outliers for the Reds and Blues (Like the 10 megaton bomb), they should be relatively close in AP and it's an even 9v9 for most versions of Red and Blue.

Hmm I feel that the fact that the mercs have not only the Come Back Stronger Pills, but also the fact that all of them besides Medic have no souls, might give them the advantage. Granted with the souls part, all the reds and blues need to do is kill Medic 8 times and then kill the rest of the mercs.

Hmm I feel that the fact that the mercs have not only the Come Back Stronger Pills, but also the fact that all of them besides Medic have no souls, might give them the advantage. Granted with the souls part, all the reds and blues need to do is kill Medic 8 times and then kill the rest of the mercs.
Medic's immortality doesn't work that way. He can theoretically keep coming back infinitely unless the Devil owns a majority of his soul (Or specifically his and the mercs). Medic only gave the Devil another soul in order to trick him into thinking he could trick Medic into giving up enough souls to have majority ownership. To put it simply, Satan literally won't let Medic die until he can send him to hell.

The upper limits on Soldier's pills are unknown, though at the very least it could bring Soldier back from being reduced to gibs since Merasmus can kill people in that way and couldn't kill Soldier. The pills don't seem to have a time limit either since Merasmus didn't think to just wait them out and kill Soldier afterwards (though Merasmus might have been being an idiot considering the verse).

Scout's connection with God is also something to worry about, though God likes Scout so much Scout can probably convince him to keep bringing him back as long as he keeps dying a virgin. Yes, this is an actual canonical thing. Honestly IDK how that would be treated, all and all. Also it's possible the entire thing's a hallucination, but considering Medic's afterlife shenanigans were absolutely real it's not unreasonable to assume Scout's were too.

Yeah, the Reds and Blues lose just because the Mercs would keep coming back, but at the very least it would be a really entertaining fight and analysis.

Scout's connection with God is also something to worry about, though God likes Scout so much Scout can probably convince him to keep bringing him back as long as he keeps dying a virgin. Yes, this is an actual canonical thing. Honestly IDK how that would be treated, all and all. Also it's possible the entire thing's a hallucination, but considering Medic's afterlife shenanigans were absolutely real it's not unreasonable to assume Scout's were too.
This is widely accepted to not be a thing, its agreed that its not actually god, just a dream that scout had

Internet connections are madly bad.

Unscripted Death Battle now is Bumblebee (IDW Movie Comics) vs Baymax (Big Hero 6)
Bumblebee 73% vs Baymax 27%

Miss Piggy vs Jackie Chan (Jackie Chan Adventures)

Jackie Chan verdict

Miss Piggy verdict

Next Community Death Battle... sorry the browser on my computer hanged and I am typing this on my phone.

Read into the comments that they want to redo X-wing vs Arwing as a CDB when this has been done as a Community Death Battle and a DBX before.

No S8 premiere reveal this week. Serious: I need to start a new thread once the premiere matchup comes out.

Last edited:
If it was just a dream then why was Tom Jones in heaven despite the fact Scout fully believed Tom Jones was alive and his father?
Yeah I doubt it was some dream
Internet connections are madly bad.

Unscripted Death Battle now is Bumblebee (IDW Movie Comics) vs Baymax (Big Hero 6)
Bumblebee 73% vs Baymax 27%

Miss Piggy vs Jackie Chan (Jackie Chan Adventures)

Jackie Chan verdict

Miss Piggy verdict

Next Community Death Battle... sorry the browser on my computer hanged and I am typing this on my phone.

Read into the comments that they want to redo X-wing vs Arwing as a CDB when this has been done as a Community Death Battle and a DBX before.

No S8 premiere reveal this week. Serious: I need to start a new thread once the premiere matchup comes out.
Damn it we have to wait another week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back