• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather Silver fight Axl from Mega Man, though at this stage I've basically accepted that Silver vs Trunks is what's going to happen.

Speaking of Sonic, what highly-requested matchups are left besides Bowser/Eggman and Silver/Trunks?

At least DC downplay would make a DC character lose a matchup against a non-marvel character.
True but at that point that'll be a spite match (and not in the funny way like DP Vs Mask).
thats a stretch
Mario vs Sonic 2 is more of massive downplay than shit research for both mainly sonic
and again i wonder how did Strunton change there minds on the super forms being universal
Perhaps convincing them that the Chaos emeralds are fundamentally unpredictable and chaotic thus their power varies depending on the situation.

So with five tier 2 super forms feats in the games plus other tier 2 feats, it isn't that hard to have tier 2 (peak) super forms and since DB is "all" about using characters at their strongest (within reason), I can kinda see how Strunton convinced them.

Perhaps convincing them that the Chaos emeralds are fundamentally unpredictable and chaotic thus their power varies depending on the situation.

So with five tier 2 super forms feats in the games plus other tier 2 feats, it isn't that hard to have tier 2 (peak) super forms and since DB is "all" about using characters at their strongest (within reason), I can kinda see how Strunton convinced them.
that's an easier way to put it

Are we talking about Silver vs Trunks? Because if that ever happens, the likely hood of Trunks gnabbing a win against Silver has a higher chance of happening in spite of DB now thinking the Super forms being Universal. And that's mainly because Trunks would have AP due to multipliers, arguably has better speed assuming they don't scale Silver to immesurbale speed like we do on here and Trunks has enough skill and durability to play the waiting game and outlast Silver's super form

Are we talking about Silver vs Trunks? Because if that ever happens, the likely hood of Trunks gnabbing a win against Silver has a higher chance of happening in spite of DB now thinking the Super forms being Universal. And that's mainly because Trunks would have AP due to multipliers, arguably has better speed assuming they don't scale Silver to immesurbale speed like we do on here and Trunks has enough skill and durability to play the waiting game and outlast Silver's super form
Everyone already know how obvious the outcome is
Doesn't help that super silver only made one appearance

LOL!, most Sonic supporters (myself included) have already long accepted Silver catching his L from Trunks in DB (we already discussed it earlier on this thread). We just want the fight to look/sound good plus a large portion of the wider Sonic fandom doesn't even care for Silver (or straight out hate him).

@Tipper17 I know it's unfortunate that Silver doesn't really have a lot of his own feats aside from scaling to Super Sonic which isn't much in comparison to what they can scale Trunks to. It also doesn't help matters that, as people have pointed out above, Silver is not exactly a well received character to some and the likely hood that Silver could be downplayed or spitied against make this matchup not really worth seeing

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo I figured but is it really worth watching when you know that it's blatantly obvious who's going to win against who? I think a good matchup or a fair matchup is when you can argue both sides have a chance of victory and can act as a surprise of who wins
Agreed completely but it's not like DB haven't done stomp/predictable/filler match-ups before and have kept doing them (e.g Spider-Gwen Vs Batgirl being a more recent example plus it being a gender-swapped Spider-Man Vs Batman).

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo I figured but is it really worth watching when you know that it's blatantly obvious who's going to win against who? I think a good matchup or a fair matchup is when you can argue both sides have a chance of victory and can act as a surprise of who wins
Agreed completely but it's not like DB haven't done stomp/predictable/filler match-ups before and have kept doing them (e.g Spider-Gwen Vs Batgirl being a more recent example plus it being a gender-swapped Spider-Man Vs Batman).

99.999999999 percent of fights in vs are stomps dude most fights in DB are nothing but stomps no matter how big the gap is it still a stomp
sure debatable fights are fun to argue but VS isn't a fair game nor where you can find alot of fair matchups
hell the fact this site has to make speed equalize a thing in most of the battles tells you all you need to know about it
its about the execution of the stomps Goro vs Machamp was an awesome fight despite how obvious Machamp was gonna take the W

Yeah that's a fair point actually. IDK I can see the entertainment value of enjoying a match up even if it does have an obvious winner, especially when DB is specifically designed to be for entertainment, but I also enjoy matchups where both characters have a fair chance of winning and it can be fun to debate about it.
Regardless, if Silver does appear then he better not die a sad death like Shadow did in Shadow vs Mewtwo

Yeah that's a fair point actually. IDK I can see the entertainment value of enjoying a match up even if it does have an obvious winner, especially when DB is specifically designed to be for entertainment, but I also enjoy matchups where both characters have a fair chance of winning and it can be fun to debate about it.
Regardless, if Silver does appear then he better not die a sad death like Shadow did in Shadow vs Mewtwo
we'll see Fair fights are fun and far more preferable for one Arche Sonic vs The Flash type debate you'll get more Goro vs Machamp type debate

but more on this
I'm mean folks have issue with the thought of Shadow coming back due to having two fights already yet also want thor to comeback despite having two appearances as well
Like I get it somewhat given Ryuko has other options and Thor has at least vegeta
But thor had two entertaining fights while Shadow had one meh fight and one god awful fight
folks have to be consistent on this you can't bitch about one character coming back yet cheer for the other one to return

At least Goro vs Machomp as a matchup is a lot less toxic then Archie Sonic vs Flash so at the very least the match up should be fun as opposed to irritating.
Anyways I can't really argue against people having double standards when it comes to characters coming back, though I suppose one reason why they would want Thor back is because they're mad about how DB treated him in Thor vs WW

Been thinking of another match lately

Kaguya vs Kronika

They are responsible for their series as they are now from the very start, they are the biggest female antagonists of their series finale they debuted in, the mothers of two powerful gods or god-like children and both planned to remake the world anew by getting rid of the current one by needing power from others (souls for kronika, chakra for kaguya)

Thoughts?

I dont expect it to become real or anything, its just me trying to come with more original fights from the regular norm

Its more interesting to have some fresh new matches to argue or talk about

Kronika's story is also likely not over, in the sense that she never gave a solid reason to do what she did and some took her as pure evil due to it, but 1 intro implies there was more to it we could see later. So who knows, maybe they fix her character a bit 5 or 10 years into the future and that does something.

And yes fresh matches are the best.

Request.jpg

d81e220dfb65efe6d7c5d7cf4c6f0fb639385ad426140826345121525eb00c4e.png

Connections:
Both are highly experience in the medical field, Busty, Both have lost loved ones which impacted them greatly(Roy for Litchi and Nawaki and Dan for Tsunade), Both are alcoholic I would say that while Tsunade got over the death of her loved ones, Litchi never did with Roy as she tried everything to save him, but didn't even matter. Both also met an hyperactive ninja that helped them out with their past. Also alcoholic.

Last edited:
Request.jpg

d81e220dfb65efe6d7c5d7cf4c6f0fb639385ad426140826345121525eb00c4e.png

Connections:
Both are highly experience in the medical field, Busty, Both have lost loved ones which impacted them greatly(Roy for Litchi and Nawaki and Dan for Tsunade), Both are alcoholic I would say that while Tsunade got over the death of her loved ones, Litchi never did with Roy as she tried everything to save him, but didn't even matter. Both also met an hyperactive ninja that helped them out with their past. Also alcoholic.
Pretty good

Anywho mind relevant tidbits from today's DBC
Unscripted Death Battle - Two hosts tries to argue for who should win. Takes place in Death Battle Cast. An in-house live poll will be conducted.

First UDB: Aang vs Captain Planet

Ben tries to argue for Aang and Chad tries to argue for Captain Planet.

Captain Planet
  • Can use a log of wood and slap a spaceship back to orbit from ground level
  • Master all elements on Earth
  • Can turn glass into sand(?)
  • Transform a sheet of metal and punch it into a recycling bin
  • Can survive with any cuts, stabs, explosions...
  • Can fly
  • Can mind control people and manipulate emotions of people
  • This

Aang
  • Can control "four" elements
  • Trained by great martial artists
  • Avatar State - with access to feats and abilities from prior Avatars sans Korra
  • Can fly
  • Can potentially find polluted elements and throw it to Captain Planet and one-shot him
  • Can energy-bend, which Ben believes Captain Planet has no defense against

Luis & Liam side with Captain Planet.

In-house voting poll: Aang (47%) vs Captain Planet (53%)

The next bracket: not yet decided.

Wait for teasers in later periods

Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer

Verdict for Alex Mercer
Alex survived a nuke that was 5 times more powerful then Nagasaki while Cole almost died from a town level explosion. Alex is stronger in physical strength and it would be easy for Alex to consume Cole.
Alex is not weak to electricity he just gets stuned by it. Alex ftw

Verdict for Cole MacGrath
#DeathBattleCast Cole. Alex's Blacklight virus is explicitly weak to extreme cold temps, which Canon Good Cole brings with Ice Powers. Alex was blown apart by a Nuke with a stated 75 Kt Yield, while Cole survived the epicenter of a blast of 15 Mt. Cole's about to put Alex on Ice.

Chad/Liam: What actually kills Alex Mercer real dead? How much removal of biomass makes Alex killed other than being absorbed by another Prototype/Evolved? Like other than absorption and total biomass vaporisation?

Next Community Death Battle:

Spring Man (ARMS) vs Spring Man (Mega Man)

Use #unscripteddeathbattle for coming Unscripted Death Battle matchup discussions/ideas.

Last edited:
Been thinking of another match lately

Kaguya vs Kronika

They are responsible for their series as they are now from the very start, they are the biggest female antagonists of their series finale they debuted in, the mothers of two powerful gods or god-like children and both planned to remake the world anew by getting rid of the current one by needing power from others (souls for kronika, chakra for kaguya)

Thoughts?
I mean, hey, I don't have any better ideas for the two. Let's go. On a similar subject, here's a match I strangely want to see.

de6pi8z-69ba52c8-3a0f-4517-95ae-232ec320b0d9.png

Aang vs Captain Planet
I would like to see Aang face Omi from Xiaolin Showdown, both are monks, bald, with signs on their heads that can glow when using their specific thing, both can manipulate all 4 elements (well Omi did that just in a single episode once but eh) and they are short

Hell there might me more stuff between them, how come Death Battle didnt try that, was a chance to introduce a new series and Edward could have fought Joseph instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back