• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm thinking during the fight they should include the "it's no use!" line but have it be said by Trunks to Silver instead of Silver saying it and he having the irrites from what he just said.
8660865-2442141273-1e21c8e6-04be-47db-9296-b4de57d4b2d5.jpg

Would be very ironic and even funnier XD.

EDIT: this panel above is from the official comics apparently so make that what you will.

Let's be honest barely anyone watches or reads it for the "fight" scenes. Nothing wrong with the fanservice harem genre but it does feed into the negative preconceptions of anime fan circles.
Tbf DXD compared to most of its genre have actual plot besides just "plot", tho because most are only for boobies and fantasies with the girls there, they will clearly overlook it

You know I'm thinking during the fight they should include the "it's no use!" line but have it be said by Trunks to Silver instead of Silver saying it and he having the irrites from what he just said.

EDIT: this panel above is from the official comics apparently so make that what you will.
Unironically my biggest worry of the fight animation.

If "It's no use!" Is included, I hope it's only the once, preferably in a clever, recontextualised way. Don't try for a repeat of DKnuckles.

Noooooooooooope

Him hating characters like Silver and Charmy while having Sally be his waifu. Attitudes like that make him a non fan/SATam fan instead of a fan of the actual Sonic writen by Sonic Team and not the American version they made up.

Literally means nothing. You could have played literally every game and still be a non fan since you didn't understand anything. Plus Mania and Gens are literally the games that non fans love and use to say they are fans when they aren't.

Non fans seething right now.

Archiefans are literally the biggest non fans. Archie barely followed actual Sonic lore and spread misinformation about the series and the characters. 90% of Archiefans are non fans who are seething now that Sega is abandoning them

It's the truth and all this seething only proved it.

The main difference between a fan and a non fan is that the latter rots in their mediocricty. They don't want to improve nor let go of their false view. Meanwhile a fan continously tries to improve and find more information about the series due to their sheer passion of the series. They usually know lore a non fan wouldn't dream of
If by being a real fan you mean making feats up and making big leaps in logic to make things seem more impressive than they are that other series don't get away with, sure.

Oops

What's the consensus here on Archie Silver VS Xeno Trunks?

I'm glad they're doing this unique spin on the MU also. Thank god it's not just the regular one
Well...I thought the consensus was that it can go either way.

If the MU were debated here I'd imagine it would be very debatable, giving a lot of Madara vs Aizen vibes in terms of contestability.

EDIT: if they had done canon versions there's no way it would've been close or even debatable without serious lowballing on Trunks and highballing of the other.

If by being a real fan you mean making feats up and making big leaps in logic to make things seem more impressive than they are that other series don't get away with, sure.

Oops
Being a fan has nothing to do with powerscaling lol. You can easily be a fan and not understand jackshit about tiers and hax. All you have to do is actually understand the verse and the abilities of the characters as seen in the games and suplementary media.

But I wouldn't expect a non fan like you to understand that

Touhou moment.
Technically Touhou Project is mostly about Japanese Shinto and some other Japanese mythologies, legends and histories, mixed with a few elements from Japanese Buddhism, Japanese Taoism and some other religions.

Admittedly, I thought that gag was hilarious, but it definitely feels like something Nem would have added in one of his parody videos rather than actually being a part of the fight.

I hope it’s like Shadow vs Ryuko where Trunks says it and makes Silver pissed off enough to go Super.
Well, Silver blocking one attack from Trunks is a moment good enough to say "It's no use".

And you do not need to be a Classic Sonic fan or a Modern Sonic fan or Archie Sonic fan to.

Disclaimer: I am fine people call me a non-fan of the three fields.

One funny moment shared by Kinjorex101 @ DBW (from the SDBH: Dark Demon Realm Mission manga)

I know I'm thinking way ahead here, but does game Silver vs Mystery Dungeon Celebi work as a matchup? I know it's mostly just "time travel to fix future" and "tetelekinesis", but it'd allow game Silver to be analysed while still freeing up canon Trunks to fight someone else. Plus, I'm imagining Solaris Phase 2 mashed up with Dialga's Fight to the Finish, and I like the sound of that.

also there's absolutely going to be a time huh joke and you know it

So...is Xeno Trunks the strongest Dragon Ball character to appear on the show?
Without question.
In Xenoverse, even Mr. Satan beats the crap out of your classic Zen'O.

I am beginning to think: Death Battle team brings up Xeno Trunks vs Archie Silver for a couple of reasons

• They could test how other specific incarnations MUs work
  • Specifically for Xeno Trunks vs Archie Silver, they could avoid one major problem: DBS Future Trunks normally blitzes Silver if Silver normally does not have immeasurable speed. But if Silver does, Silver stomps by simply jumping into the past. That might be called by normies to be boring. Now that both can time travel handily and can boil down to abilities comparison.
  • Trunks can legit win against Silver instead of just blitzing Silver before Silver activates any hax that can be an instant win. And Sonic audience (including Classic fans or Modern fans or Archie fan whoever) does not like Silver.

• Trunks can legit win against Silver instead of just blitzing Silver before Silver activates any hax that can be an instant win. And Sonic audience (including Classic fans or Modern fans or Archie fan whoever) does not like Silver.
Minor correction: Sonic fans definitely like Silver. They just hate the game he comes from.

That would be pretty funny if that happens, not gonna lie.

Also didnt they say they wanna use specific versions if a character at one point? This could be a good time to see if people like alternate versions of a character matches and we see more in the future

Just like how Hercules vs Sun Wukong was for their non mainstream match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back