• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fpl7T2haEAE2x2m
Are you a Beast fan or a Ssj4 fan?

Island level seems a bit wanky while Moon level is a massive low ball, lol.
Interestingly, they are from the same feat (The Core falling to Amphibia feat). The Core's Moon is iron (and therefore is heavier than moon IRL)

But base Marcy stomps Street level semi-realistic characters such as Wu Yong from Water Margin even without the wanking.

well asked who the most popular requested DB reps are left
besides the obvious big name ones the researcher said this
"Sometimes I see Hit, Bardock or 17"

uh oh gamers

uh oh gamers
@WeeklyBattles Your favorite

Reminder that Brandon is opening up commissions this week

This is from the DB discord:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this (im hoping it's okay)
[3:47 PM]
But Brandon Yates is opening up his next round of commission next week. So for this, in his discord server, we're organising a splitting commissions event, where people can suggest any mu they want and see if people want to join them in paying for the mu, it's a place for you to share your own mus you'd like to split with others, or look at the mus currently suggested to see if you're interested in splitting.

(Note: for payment security purposes, everyone pays their share of the cost to Brandon directly, rather than sending their payment to one user, so no scams will be possible)
If you're interested lmk and I can invite U to the server!

Reminder that Brandon is opening up commissions this week

This is from the DB discord:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this (im hoping it's okay)
But Brandon Yates is opening up his next round of commission next week. So for this, in his discord server, we're organising a splitting commissions event, where people can suggest any mu they want and see if people want to join them in paying for the mu, it's a place for you to share your own mus you'd like to split with others, or look at the mus currently suggested to see if you're interested in splitting.

(Note: for payment security purposes, everyone pays their share of the cost to Brandon directly, rather than sending their payment to one user, so no scams will be possible)
If you're interested lmk and I can invite U to the server!

Still havent heard back on my commission...

Since Multi Bayo is super straightforward I guess Bayo has a much more solid case for winning.

As you can tell there is a LOT going on with many different ways to interpret one statement or another. Both are essentially equal in regards to skill and experience, with Dante’s historically cocky attitude being a slight detriment in how he approaches fights. Unfortunately for the Devil Hunter, anyone even close to the strength level of Bayonetta, and his methods of working around that gap are extremely unlikely to work in the end.

Being much weaker and less durable means Dante is going to be notably reliant on his regen to stay in the game. This regen is not unlimited however, and is notably dependent on his stamina, which has been shown plenty of times to affect the speed at which he regenerates damage. With such a gap in strength Bayonetta can destroy Dante far beyond what he’s had to heal consistently, wearing him down more and more as the fight goes on. While speeds may start off even at first, Bayonetta’s usage of Witch Time can give her the edge, especially given her frequent usage of the ability compared to Dante’s time options which are nowhere near as consistently used by him. Effectively, Bayonetta can destroy Dante many many many times over, wearing him down with each regeneration until he is unable to properly heal.

With his healing not making the cut, this leaves Dante to depend on his many other weapons and abilities to make up for it. Despite having many abilities (read: the Book of Demons), Bayonetta has either a counter for said ability or can resist said ability. While the same can be said about Dante when it comes to Bayo’s skills, this would return the fight back to square one where he’s struggling to keep up with the massive AP and durability difference. Even the few abilities that debatably could work such as the Banshee resurrection or “Name” existence erasure can be countered by Bayonetta simply destroying the Book beyond repair, which given her technical speed advantage can be pulled off without much issue. Without any options to reliably quell the stat gap, Dante is back to relying solely on his regen, which as covered can only do so much against someone who can quite literally vaporize you in many different ways.

Many things about this fight didn’t turn out the way we expected, but ultimately the tried and true method of “hit him really hard” works too well for Bayonetta, with the Son of Sparda having no means of ultimately getting past that issue. In the end, Bayonetta just had the means to dominate this fight, leaving this devil crying for the last time.

Guess it comes down to how potent you interpret DMC's hax to be

I mean, it only applies to youkai anyways. Okina, Reimu, and Marisa wouldn't have high-godly so it's not like the restriction really matters for them.

Unrelated, but I'd argue gods are actually harder to kill than youkai, since they have 2 separate instances of multiversal omnipresence that can indefinitely create new avatars (which can be endlessly reborn through myths and faith), be duplicated infinitely, exist as literal ideas or "pure will", and one of the two omnipresent forms exists prior to the void that exists as a deeper nothingness than zero [nonexistence] and are outside of any sort of concepts, information, history, fate, or dualities. They're uh, kind of absurd to put it mildly.

Orrrrrrrrr...

You can get the best of both worlds with tsukumogami, which are youkai AND gods, so they may legitimately have some SCP-682 levels of insane immortality (y'know, minus the boundless VS bait bullshit).
Oh yeah I was just mentioning them as characters that COULD feasibly escape the barrier as a whole lol.

uh oh gamers
******* insane read, is this their longest blog yet?

The verdict is funny though, and this matchup is definitely crazy complex. Super interesting to see how much Dante's haxx from shit like PoC keeps him in the game lol.

uh oh gamers
Now people can finally shut up about Dante be downplayed.

Also with this its definitely conferm that Kratos is going to stomp Asura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back