• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gladion vs Satsuki tho

I hate to say it, but that's a false equivalency (or depending on which SM continuity you buy into, the links are inside-out). Lusamine was made to be redeemed on at least 2 out of 3 counts, whereas Ragyo was just batshit insane from the get-go (not that it doesn't work as a contrast for that particular MU). Also Satsuki let Ragyo violate her, only to eventually betray her, whereas Gladion initially told his family to go **** themselves (inc. Lillie, much to his admitted chagrin), only to realise that leaving innocent parties to get screwed over / scorched earth was a mistake (even if he was at least partly right about Cosmog and the UBs).

EDIT/P.S: I'm not sacrificing Morag L'adair vs Satsuki just for this.

I hate to say it, but that's a false equivalency (or depending on which SM continuity you buy into, the links are inside-out). Lusamine was made to be redeemed on at least 2 out of 3 counts, whereas Ragyo was just batshit insane from the get-go (not that it doesn't work as a contrast for that particular MU). Also Satsuki let Ragyo violate her, only to eventually betray her, whereas Gladion initially told his family to go **** themselves (inc. Lillie, much to his admitted chagrin), only to realise that leaving innocent parties to get screwed over / scorched earth was a mistake (even if he was at least partly right about Cosmog and the UBs).

EDIT/P.S: I'm not sacrificing Morag L'adair vs Satsuki just for this.
Eh? Satsuki outright said that she was had plotted to murder her mother since childhood and took on the same mentality as Gladion regarding letting the weak and innocent die only to come to the same revelation later on.

Satsuki has a long list of opponents before Morag lll

What the **** is going on with Pokemon fans though? I know after USUM gave them uni arguments they've kinda flown off the handle a bit but what did they do that's somehow worse than Mario or Sonic lol

If it were me, I'd treat separate gens and separate formats as separate continuities (Gen 1 is different from Gen 7 is different from the Manga is different from the Anime (no, you did not just go cross eyed from trying to read that)), similar to how we treat Pre/Post Crisis, or Archie Sonic, depending once again on your frame of reference. It accounts for derpy dependencies between formats of the IP, too (bullshit like 3-C Zyg50 from the SM Manga, despite turning around to the Anime and justifying Mountain Level Ash Gren with 7-A because XY Team Flare arc was PIS (yes, that is something I saw)), and also prevents... y'know...

M12_Arceus_distribution_artwork.png

Behold, an example used to prove all Poke mediums like games & anime can be cross-scaled.

This is not a joke.

...this.

Eh? Satsuki outright said that she was had plotted to murder her mother since childhood and took on the same mentality as Gladion regarding letting the weak and innocent die only to come to the same revelation later on.

Satsuki has a long list of opponents before Morag lll

...Kinda? It's implied in places that Gladion would have attempted to save Lusamine on his own, if he didn't force himself to remove himself from his own family out of self-preservation, whereas Satsuki was playing a rather abundant game of 4D chess.

Oh, and I also don't recall Gladion treating Lillie like a pawn in the same way that Satsuki would have been indifferent to Ryuko getting caught up in her Grand trompe l'oiel had she not stepped foot in Honoji, but that's just me.

Oh, and I also don't recall Gladion treating Lillie like a pawn in the same way that Satsuki would have been indifferent to Ryuko getting caught up in her Grand trompe l'oiel had she not stepped foot in Honoji, but that's just me.
I mean, she had no idea who ryuko was until the sports festival, up until that point she just believed she was some experiment her father created after he left the family. She kinda dropped the whole 'using ryuko as a pawn' thing the second she found out she was her sister

I mean, she had no idea who ryuko was until the sports festival, up until that point she just believed she was some experiment her father created after he left the family. She kinda dropped the whole 'using ryuko as a pawn' thing the second she found out she was her sister

Wasn't it implied that she took interest in the name 'Ryuko' as early as the first episode?

Travis is one of the few characters I can think of rn that unironically sweeps all his matchups lol.
And damn one of my favorites character wins all his MUs? Crazy
Requests on Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown:
Drop as many classic lines as possible.
Including the classic "Stay down and have fun with Prince ******** in hell" one as Travis watches Scott dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back