• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RK0M4NC.png
Template and track nam for yall favorite MU

You know it's weird that Thanos and Apocalypse have never met, just a random thought when Nemesis mentioned Thanos.
Even before Marvel sold the X-Men live action movie rights to Fox, there was sorta an unspoken rule of leaving "mutants to solve mutant problems" hence why it was a major spectacle whenever the X-Men crossed over with another Marvel brand like Spider-Man or The Avengers, now in recent years there's been a couple of meta storylines about mutants like how it's a complete contradiction that mutants get treated differently on Earth yet people are fine with gods, aliens and even inhumans these days and how mutants feel like they live in a separate world away from the mainstream heroes Vs villains schick on Earth and beyond.

Tl;dr: As time has gone by it's seemly become harder to integrate mutants into the Marvel universe (in most mediums), heck it's been confirmed the X-Men won't be playing a leading role in the MCU for a long time.

I don't think Gru vs Megamind of all characters is going to be grounded compared to say, WickBond. They still have insane weapons, goofy armies, and giant mechas lol
But think about it:
For 3D fight finale episodes, we used to have
  • Goku vs Superman
  • Red with Charaizard vs Taiichi with Wargreymon
  • Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie is a sprite fight with somehow live action elements
  • Vergil vs Sephiroth
  • Thanos vs Darkseid
  • All Might vs Might Guy (relatively "grounded" but still tangling at around high tier 7 to some high tier 6 feats and scalings)
  • Hulk vs Broly
  • Saitama vs Popeye

Gru vs Megamind is Tier 9 to Tier 8-ish in comparison.

But think about it:
For 3D fight finale episodes, we used to have
  • Goku vs Superman
  • Red with Charaizard vs Taiichi with Wargreymon
  • Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie is a sprite fight with somehow live action elements
  • Vergil vs Sephiroth
  • Thanos vs Darkseid
  • All Might vs Might Guy (relatively "grounded" but still tangling at around high tier 7 to some high tier 6 feats and scalings)
  • Hulk vs Broly
  • Saitama vs Popeye

Gru vs Megamind is Tier 9 to Tier 8-ish in comparison.
Oh you meant in terms of finals. Yeah it'd be the most grounded finale by proxy ig. I was talking about 3D fights this season specifically tho.

(Tbf Vergil was only wall level in the episode LOL)

Hey, idea I just had now, what do you folks think about a matchup with characters from Gremlins series (e.g. Gizmo, Stripe, Mohawk, etc.)?

Last edited:
Hey, idea I just had now, what do you folks think about a matchup with characters from Gremlins series (e.g. Gizmo, Stripe, Mohawk, etc.)?
Id be down, but who would theh fight?
Gremlins_VS_Critters.png

Gremlins vs Critters

P.S. Gremlins has an animated series "Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai" set to air in 2023. Gizmo and Stripe appear in quite a lot of Warner Bros works recently. So... Maybe about time.

Last edited:
Red vs Blue vs RWBY
I meant the specific matchup. Adam and Blake vs Felix and Locus is something I would've never thought of. That being said, if death battle did this episode, i have no idea how Blake and Adam would even win considering how they scaled RvB everytime they used them with that 10 Megaton Bomb Durability Feat.

I meant the specific matchup. Adam and Blake vs Felix and Locus is something I would've never thought of. That being said, if death battle did this episode, i have no idea how Blake and Adam would even win considering how they scaled RvB everytime they used them with that 10 Megaton Bomb Durability Feat.
Be very glad Adam will be killed by Jetstream Sam before the duo gets murdered again by Felix and Locus.

That Death Battle has put very massive stompy matchups as episodes before.

Just... Is anyone even requesting Adam and Blake vs Felix and Locus? What is the significance?

Be very glad Adam will be killed by Jetstream Sam before the duo gets murdered again by Felix and Locus.

That Death Battle has put very massive stompy matchups as episodes before.

Just... Is anyone even requesting Adam and Blake vs Felix and Locus? What is the significance?
I personally would not mind Adam getting butchered twice.

I was gonna say they wouldn't do that to RWBY, but Weiss vs Mitsuru exists.

The commissioner, that's one person. As far as I know, I think those two pairs have similar relationship dynamics?

The commissioner, that's one person. As far as I know, I think those two pairs have similar relationship dynamics?
I think the Gimmick of the matchup is that both sides are Rooster Teeth Duos where they both were partners and had at least somewhat of a positive relationship with one another (Locus and Felix were friends at first while Blake and Adam had some low key romantic shit going on if I remember correctly) before one of them starts becoming more and more evil as the series goes on (Adam and Felix start getting out of control and have a weird obsession with keeping their partners on their side until the last possible moment where it's now impossible) while their partner becomes more disgusted with them until they abandon them and switch sides entirely as well as helping cause their death (Blake abandoning Adam and the White Fang, eventually killing him alongside Yang and Locus turning on Felix directly telling him he's done killing people and then allowing the Reds and Blues to kill him when he's cornered).

I can't ******* understand the desire with fks wanting Gohan vs SuperBoy/Supergirl
Like wat the ******* appeal other than Goku vs Superman family edition
Well some people have such obsession.
Just that Goku vs Superman family edition really dishes nothing new.

Goomba vs Koopa Revisited was released today, supposedly the original fight was supposed to be Goomba vs BurgerTime Hot Dog "Mr. Hotdog" and I think a lot of people already know this, but this episode was the first one to hit 1mil views back in the day. Not much else to say.

next up is Haggar vs Zangief, which is the first episode where they did a fan suggestion, was very highly requested back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back