• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got no idea how standard the EoH are, no idea how fair they are to give.

Depending on how you stat Touhou it ranges from 2B + Infinite to 1C/H1C + Infinite travel speed w/ Immeasurable reactions (Immeasurable reactions are only for some characters tho)

I don’t think autoshields would help either, since iirc Spirit Manip can still work through barriers, just to a lesser degree. There’s also conceptual power modification, her own magical barriers, and I’m not sure if Twilight could bypass Patchy’s mid-godly regen. I just think no matter what way you push this Patchy would likely outstat and has everything she’d need to beat out Twilight, especially since all of Twilight’s advantages seem to depend on having EoH?
Again, Twilight and co basically are the elements themselves by the series end, and the moment she harnesses friendship magic, it can summon them to her. If the EoH can hit immeasurable Discord without him even getting a chance to properly avoid them after noticing its attack approaching, then baseline immeasurable reaction speeds won't help Patchy. And at the very least, any magic-based danmaku will absolutely get no sold or potentially absorbed if the shields are stronger.

Also, Rainbow Power has no stipulations that require her friends if I remember correctly.

Unless you decide to use dimensional tiering, the EoH attack in a way that can seal, powersteal, petrify (which worked on someone who has proven themselves capable of being unaffected by petrification), put you to sleep mentally, and BFR you... and Rainbow Power is a potentially more powerful version of that.

If the EoH or RP touch Patchy's magical shields, it could potentially just steal their power and continue trying to drain her. Hell, I don't think dimensional tiering would prevent some of those hax from working, since Patchy wouldn't have a higher-dimensional existence anyway afaik, and is still potentially slower.

Keep in mind, getting hit once by the Elements or Rainbow Power causes their hax to take effect in this scenario, so Twilight only needs to land one hit while also being constantly protected and potentially faster. The ironic part is some Youkai specific hax could prove useful, but Patchouli isn't an up close fighter, so those would almost never come into play.

And Death Battle rules assume they begin in their strongest state so I mean

Again, Twilight and co basically are the elements themselves by the series end, and the moment she harnesses friendship magic, it can summon them to her. If the EoH can hit immeasurable Discord without him even getting a chance to properly avoid them after noticing its attack approaching, then baseline immeasurable reaction speeds won't help Patchy. And at the very least, any magic-based danmaku will absolutely get no sold or potentially absorbed if the shields are stronger.

Also, Rainbow Power has no stipulations that require her friends if I remember correctly.

Unless you decide to use dimensional tiering, the EoH attack in a way that can seal, powersteal, petrify (which worked on someone who has proven themselves capable of being unaffected by petrification), put you to sleep mentally, and BFR you... and Rainbow Power is a potentially more powerful version of that.

If the EoH or RP touch Patchy's magical shields, it could potentially just steal their power and continue trying to drain her. Hell, I don't think dimensional tiering would prevent some of those hax from working, since Patchy wouldn't have a higher-dimensional existence anyway afaik, and is still potentially slower.

Keep in mind, getting hit once by the Elements or Rainbow Power causes their hax to take effect in this scenario, so Twilight only needs to land one hit while also being constantly protected and potentially faster. The ironic part is some Youkai specific hax could prove useful, but Patchouli isn't an up close fighter, so those would almost never come into play.

Touhou characters have multiple resistances to petrification so I’m not sure if the layering would help in this case, power steal wouldn’t matter in the long run since fortune would still allow her to cast spells & spirit Manip would allow for restoration of her powers (you’re lucky patchy wasn’t in AoCF to get the sleep & BFR resistances lol), and the mid godly regen means Twilight wouldn’t be able to take advantage of any openings she would create with this, and the barrier destruction wouldn’t matter much since spirit regen would just mean that a new one would be put up near immediately. There’s also Space-Time Manip that can affect characters that are resistant to time manip, conceptual power modification, duplication, layered soul/mind/empathic Manip that would still affect Twilight through her barriers and would cause her to perform worse as with ever hit connecting, higher AP with dimensional tiering and the possibility of matching her speed in reactions when both are highballed,

Fear Aura + Spirit Absorption would likely be a near instant win if we want to push that angle as well, Twilight even being within the area of Patchy if she unsuppresses her aura would be ggs. This is also ignoring the other affects fortune would passively have as the fight goes on

I don’t think Twilight takes this one…

May anyone explain how ridiculous the speed feats are for both verses. My brief knowledge is that MLP and Touhou both have a lot of claims for "immeasurable speed". While those measurable speed feats lie from billions c to xyz-illion c.

But yeah it would just take multiverse level magicians with even more consistent, even "more immeasurable" speed feats like Raven to take Twilight Sparkle down. (Not to mention Raven can more reliably cut the power source of Twilight.)

And no Patchouli Knowledge is not among the top powerhouses / trump cards unlike Reimu and Yukari. Also no Patchouli is not very haxed as a magician in comparison.

But since Patchy is still having raw power on her side it would be "inconclusive" ATM.

May I understand how ridiculous the speed feats are for both verses. My brief knowledge is that MLP and Touhou both have a lot of claims for "immeasurable speed". While those measurable speed feats lie from billions c to xyz-illion c.

But yeah it would just take multiverse level magicians with even more consistent, even "more immeasurable" speed feats like Raven to take Twilight Sparkle down. (Not to mention Raven can more reliably cut the power source of Twilight.)

And no Patchouli Knowledge is not among the top powerhouses / trump cards unlike Reimu and Yukari. Also no Patchouli is not very haxed as a magician in comparison.

But since Patchy is still having raw power on her side it would be "inconclusive" ATM.
@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara could explain the immeasurable arguments better than I, but in terms of measurable speed Touhou would be about 22.5 Septillion at the least, and it has a shitload of infinite speed feats.

Also Patchy isn’t like a god tier, but she’s still firmly a high tier. She can contest/challenge a lot of high tier characters solidly, is one of the most powerful magicians in the series, and her magical abilities + Youkai physiology give her a wide range of haxx. She has less haxx than someone like say, Reimu, Marisa or Yukari, but she’s still better than most.

Yeah I'm gonna be honest

Patchy gets soloed ridiculously hard if we don't heavily lean on verse mechanics like fortune hax/youkai physiology (though she might have some wincons with transmutation and sealing). With verse mechanics, she passively absorbs Twilights soul/mind/emotions/stats/stamina the instant Twi gets within a few hundred meters of her, with these effects even breaking out of sealing, so, y'know. Lmao.

Immeasurable Touhou is technically possible but extremely sus imo. So is 2-A, I legitimately think the arguments for low 1-C and higher for Touhou are far more reliable than 2-A, ******* Somehow.

Yeah I'm gonna be honest

Patchy gets soloed ridiculously hard if we don't heavily lean on verse mechanics like fortune hax/youkai physiology (though she might have some wincons with transmutation and sealing). With verse mechanics, she passively absorbs Twilights soul/mind/emotions/stats/stamina the instant Twi gets within a few hundred meters of her, with these effects even breaking out of sealing, so, y'know. Lmao.

Immeasurable Touhou is technically possible but extremely sus imo. So is 2-A, I legitimately think the arguments for low 1-C and higher for Touhou are far more reliable than 2-A, ******* Somehow.
I mean, Tier 1 stuff within Touhou has a lot of evidence, I haven’t found much evidence of infinite universes / infinite multiverse statements, just a lot of “countless” ones really, which would just get them really high into 2B. It’s just that tier 1 is so solid that 2A ultimately doesn’t matter much lol.

so basically Patchy gets solo’d if you ignore 90% of what she has and give Twilight everything, Patchy near insta wins otherwise, and has several options to put her down even without the insta win option?

I mean, Tier 1 stuff within Touhou has a lot of evidence, I haven’t found much evidence of infinite universes / infinite multiverse statements, just a lot of “countless” ones really, which would just get them really high into 2B. It’s just that tier 1 is so solid that 2A ultimately doesn’t matter much lol.
2-A hinges entirely off of dreams being infinitely recursive. That is literally it.

so basically Patchy gets solo’d if you ignore 90% of what she has and give Twilight everything, Patchy near insta wins otherwise, and has several options to put her down even without the insta win option?
yeah lol

If I'm being honest, Touhou characters could probably land a spot in the top 5 strongest non-smurfs post-revisions. Maybe not up to par with like, *******, Oryx or Orcus, but still absurdly strong in their own right.

actually, know what

image.png

have fun

Yeah I'm gonna be honest

Twilight has a massive range advantage though, since she was able to bestow magic back to an entire country using Rainbow Power, and undid reality warping across a town with the EoH? If the passives don't cause severe affects instantly, than immeasurable Twi can likely get the job done since she has a huge range advantage and only needs one shot to at least incapacitate Patchy.

I know that higher D Touhou wrecks the horses, but when on the same playing field, Twilight has shields, range, and better speed to use her hax first (aside from passives).

I forget what the Touhou 2A scaling chain would look like, but the EoH and Rainbow power can be as much as 4 times baseline 2A.

Edit: Forgive my stupidity, the elements sent Nightmare Moon to the moon and Twilight regularly moves the Sun in the Season 10 comics. She has stellar range easily.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are literally just Reimu and Rena

hell, I think (I don't actually know for certain because I haven't seen chapters 1-4 in English yet, but i was told this) Shanghai-chan EXPLICITLY mentions Gensokyo in a piece of dialogue

Twilight has a massive range advantage though, since she was able to bestow magic back to an entire country using Rainbow Power, and undid reality warping across a town with the EoH? If the passives don't cause severe affects instantly, than immeasurable Twi can likely get the job done since she has a huge range advantage and only needs one shot to at least incapacitate Patchy.

I know that higher D Touhou wrecks the horses, but when on the same playing field, Twilight has shields, range, and better speed to use her hax first (aside from passives).

I forget what the Touhou 2A scaling chain would look like, but the EoH and Rainbow power can be as much as 4 times baseline 2A.
At that point we'd have to debate assumed starting ranges, which I think can't possibly have an objective answer lol. Patchy does arguably scale to immeasurable through scaling to characters who can dodge Sakuya's knives that "leap through time", and I'm not 100% sure about anybody but Discord in MLP scaling to immeasurable because I thought he held back most of the time?

Touhou's 2-A scaling would be many times (at least several dozen) greater than "baseline" 2-A, assuming each dream Doremy creates is infinitely recursive.

At that point we'd have to debate assumed starting ranges, which I think can't possibly have an objective answer lol. Patchy does arguably scale to immeasurable through scaling to characters who can dodge Sakuya's knives that "leap through time", and I'm not 100% sure about anybody but Discord in MLP scaling to immeasurable because I thought he held back most of the time?

Touhou's 2-A scaling would be many times (at least several dozen) greater than "baseline" 2-A, assuming each dream Doremy creates is infinitely recursive.
He does hold back, but people like Tirek who absorbed all of Discord's magic, AKA the source of his power, wouldn't. Twilight matched him as equals after absorbing all of the Alicorn's magic, he absorbed all of her power, and then Rainbow Power meme'd him with friendship.

So, the EoH and Rainbow Power are superior enough to affect people using basically four times the amount of magic Discord has, and since magic affects their physicals to some extent, Tirek should be around that kind of speed and power.

In terms of power then, Patchy probably wins out, but the stellar range and immeasurable speed to land her hax, definitely puts quite a bit in Twilight's favor.

no clue lol

I got other, smaller VS things in the works, and the Touhou revisions are like 20+ massive threads I wanna do all at once. Maybe late this year or next year tbh, it's been a huge WIP.
I doubt it will be in this year considering how big it would be, doesn't mention IRL stuff lel
The safest bet is in next year, take your time

Anyway i'm going to make Kamen Rider Ghost vs Touhou but i dunno which one i should choose, Koishi or Yuuma? What do you guys, the 2hu folks think?
If not then i can just go with both

Anyway i'm going to make Kamen Rider Ghost vs Touhou but i dunno which one i should choose, Koishi or Yuuma? What do you guys, the 2hu folks think?
What about no? Not like everyone buys Kamen Rider Ghost can tap into infinites of infinites of universes at a 7th dimension.

Meanwhile... Some hours until the flooding tsunami comes...

What would be good opponents for the wolf (avoiding spoilers by not saying his name) from Puss in Boots 2? Tai Lung? Bigby Wolf?
ready-to-fight-death-wolf.gif

Also, would current Puss beat Shrek?
The idea that no spoilers allowed means only shallow close connections can be fetched for this monster.

For similarities on surface but contrasts on the inside, try Kai the Collector. (To be honest I am not very well-versed in 'Puss in Boots', 'Shrek' and 'Kung Fu Panda'.)
Twin saber cattle vs twin curved sword wolf.
Both are essentially spirit warriors that have claims of being unkillable.
Both claims souls of many in some sense. (Not exactly)
Death Wolf wants to take Puss's last life as retribution for squandering his previous ones, while Kai wants to claim souls of Oogway and Po to prove he is stronger and as a retribution against Oogway previously banishing him to some spirit realm.
But while Death Wolf respects honour and "only does his job" when necessary the other soughts power until he gets blasted by power so great "it is too much" for him to absorb.

Meanwhile, though likely a stomp or whatever, Tai Lung has some similarities with "Big" Jack Horner. As primary final antagonists who want to claim a scroll just to be unable to truly get it then gets completely obliterated. Oh both pursue their dreams until their final breath (well at least Tai Lung gets lucky enough to be respawned at spirit realm).

Hate to say but Death Wolf and Big Jack Horner have both become "shitpost" subjects at Reddit.

Last edited:
Puss has some wacky shit that still needs to be looked into tbh.

I hear the interactive Netflix thing goes crazy but could just be wank.

In any case, you can potentially scale him to Moon or higher via the villain showing that with his wish he'd be the master of all magic in the world and he's like bigger than the Moon (at least in the fact he's like a third of the planet's size or so) and absorbing magic from the planet or something and the wolf is above the Star's magic.

Do you have any notable things about ghost? Specific abilities, character traits, backstory? Things that connections could be found for? I could probably give something.
What about no? Not like everyone buys Kamen Rider Ghost can tap into infinites of infinites of universes at a 7th dimension.
I mean, Tbf, I want a Kamen Rider v 2hu MU and so far the most solid one I’ve found is Youmu vs Blades, I’d be down with seeing another. And if Ghost is 7D he’d actually be in the perfect range to fight a Touhou high tier.

Death Battle stated they don't do fanfic so that's out the question
So question is: What is classified as fan fiction?

Like... If collective writing is also fan fiction then SCP or whatever doujin works may never appear as a Death Battle.
(Indie company works with definitive copyright owners count as copyright works and franchises so we shall still see names like Shantae or Touhou Project or 07th Expansion or Nasuverse (everything under Notes/Type Moon). I say such as Shovel Knight vs Scrooge McDuck exists.)

Also also, I'm going to hate Bill VS Discord.

It's gonna be an awful time and we're gonna have to see that 11D shit and Discord downplay and I'm probably gonna disagree with the episode and bear witness to wars in the community over it.
Prepare for the worst while hope for the best.

It seems that Luz VS Anne is destined to be happened. Recently a short video of Luz and Anne interact was released.
Link or Senator Steven Armstrong?

Do you have any notable things about Ghost? Specific abilities, character traits, backstory? Things that connections could be found for? I could probably give something.

I mean, Tbf, I want a Kamen Rider v 2hu MU and so far the most solid one I’ve found is Youmu vs Blades, I’d be down
with seeing another. And if Ghost is 7D he’d actually be in the perfect range to fight a Touhou high tier.
Well good luck with 7D Kamen Rider god tiers getting accepted by Death Battle specifically.

Maybe we can test the water temperature with Kamen Rider Ichigo vs Captain America and Kamen Rider Gaim vs Madoka Kaname.

(We may as well have Madoka Kaname vs Reimu Hakurei and/or Sakura Kinomoto to check if Touhou Project is tapping into higher dimension scaling first)

Brandon Yates favorite character rank

4 matchups
Joker (Persona 5) - Neku (The World Ends with You), Kirito (Sword Art Online), Giorno Giovanna (JJBA 5), Ao Hoshizaki (Blue Reflection)
Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live) - Diavolo (JJBA 5), Accelerator (To Aru series), Alucard (Hellsing), Homura Akemi (Puella Magi verse)
Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker - Batman (DC), Miraak (Elder Scrolls), Arthas Menethil (Warcraft series), Terra (Kingdom Hearts)
3 matchups
Giorno Giovanna (JJBA 5) - Kamijou Touma (To Aru series), Ben Tennyson (Ben 10), Joker (Persona 5)
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) - Yu Narukami (Persona 4), Ruby Rose (RWBY), Yatogami Touka (Date A Live)
Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) - Star-lord (Marvel), Master Chief (Halo series), Venom Snake (Metal Gear series)
Homura Akemi (Puella Magi verse) - I-No (Guilty Gear series), Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live), Hunter Zolomon (DC)

See if I miss someone else

Honestly they should probably just use the MCU one if they want a more fair MU.

MCU Cap definitely has enough feats and is popular enough to get his own episode. he's also the most popular one that isn't the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back