• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
warrior-nun-warrior-nun-i-respectfully-disagree.gif
didnt-care-didnt-ask-ratio-cope.gif

Like it is just me that it's kinda of a pattern that if Hiroyuki Sawano making a soundtrack to an original anime, said the anime would be horrible (Aldnoah Zero, Kabaneri, and Guilty Crown)

Like it is just me that it's kinda of a pattern that if Hiroyuki Sawano making a soundtrack to an original anime, said the anime would be horrible (Aldnoah Zero, Kabaneri, and Guilty Crown)

Apart from Aldnoah Zero was OK for me, Kabaneri was a masterpiece, and Guilty crown was actually fairly solid?

IAS the late Digibro said something similar when reviewing SAO II (although I fundamentally disagree with his points having watched the series myself, enjoyed it, and after listening to actual fans of the series for clarification). The 'Yuki Kajiura paradox', he called it, where he loved the OSTs made by her, only for them to be associated with shows he hated.

Frankly most of Kajiura works are from the anime that endes up as an masterpiece like Nasuverse and Madoka Magica, i feel SAO is the exception where the series is bad with an amazing soundtrack

Outside from the mainstream/adaptation anime like Gundam, AoT, and (recently) One Piece Movie for example, the shows that Sawano being part of it are ended up bad and it's mostly an original anime

Wait people here dislike Seth? Like I get being a bit jealous of him or disagreeing with some of his opinions, but is disliking him a general thing?
He's probably one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Dragon Ball on the internet, I trust him more than anyone on here. Too bad he's a massive dick.

He's probably one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Dragon Ball on the internet, I trust him more than anyone on here. Too bad he's a massive dick.

Actually, looking at his videos in the recent couple of years, I think his attitude has mostly cleared up (not saying there isn't some snark here and there). Although I did notice he's de-listed videos pre-dating the initial Madara vs Aizen discussion, so take that as you will.

Actually, looking at his videos in the recent couple of years, I think his attitude has mostly cleared up (not saying there isn't some snark here and there). Although I did notice he's de-listed videos pre-dating the initial Madara vs Aizen discussion, so take that as you will.
Well he did cancel Naruto vs Ichigo and not tell everyone until like a few weeks after. He was a massive dick about that.

I'm pretty sure like 90% of it is him playing a character, like the reason poeple watch youtubers partially due to a youtuber's character and Seth plays a pretty fun douchbag.

I'm pretty sure like 90% of it is him playing a character, like the reason poeple watch youtubers partially due to a youtuber's character and Seth plays a pretty fun douchbag.
He is pretty funny, yeah. I wish he'd get into Heros and Xenoverse, since I really can't trust VSBW right now with it. It's either dubious downgrades based off nothing solid, or abilities being there based on also nothing.

He is pretty funny, yeah. I wish he'd get into Heros and Xenoverse, since I really can't trust VSBW right now with it. It's either dubious downgrades based off nothing solid, or abilities being there based on also nothing.
DBH will probably be in a solid place sometime soonish as I know a lot of people that are working to remove the shit that literally doesn’t exist. The issue for DBH overall is that it’s a verse that people just take a lot of heresay for so you won’t really find many places for good stats and scaling. Honestly Ultraguys blog is one of the best repositories for Heroes info rn.

DBH will probably be in a solid place sometime soonish as I know a lot of people that are working to remove the shit that literally doesn’t exist. The issue for DBH overall is that it’s a verse that people just take a lot of heresay for so you won’t really find many places for good stats and scaling. Honestly Ultraguys blog is one of the best repositories for Heroes info rn.
You started off strong.

That being said, we need to cull the abilities that are there based off nothing.

I'm 90% sure the probability manip was a 'it came to me in a dream' moment. Although there was an argument for it that everyone just brushed over.

Reminds me of when people just assumed Elder God Demonbane was mega OP because nobody bothered to verify his stats for years. I wonder if Trunks vs Silver would’ve gotten as much controversy if there weren’t so much misinformation circulating about DBH hax.

Reminds me of when people just assumed Elder God Demonbane was mega OP because nobody bothered to verify his stats for years. I wonder if Trunks vs Silver would’ve gotten as much controversy if there weren’t so much misinformation circulating about DBH hax.
The amount of people who think the keysword only power nulls is genuinely concerning. You bring up Time Power outside this site and people look at you like your bigfoot.

DB going "Shadow has been mind controlled before" while showing a scene where Shadow resists mind control will never not be funny
That's up there with them saying Vergil's healing can be overtaxed while showing him instantly healing from being sliced and half, and the 'due to the nature of Dragon Ball, Trunks' speed must have a limit' thing. And the x20 Ultra Ego multiplier was pretty funny too

DB going "Shadow has been mind controlled before" while showing a scene where Shadow resists mind control will never not be funny
Shadow vs Mewtwo will never not be garbage to me, if specifically because they shat on Shadow so badly that it's almost sad.
By the way, what scene did they show when they claimed that Shadow's been mind controlled but showed the opposite?

Definitely not. Most of the arguments for why Trunks should have taken it were due to abilities he had that could have killed Silver…. That don’t actually exist in DBH and he doesn’t ******* have lol. Trunks’ biggest wincons, resistance negation and probability manipulation, literally are not abilities he has, at all. It’s astounding this verse has gotten away with it for so long but with how untranslated and huge it is I guess I can see how.

stuff like “quantum manipulation for destroying a black hole” or “concept and fate haxx for destroying a universe” are some of the funniest ******* things I’ve ever seen

Silver literally fraud checked this whole verse
I remember that scene in particular sent me into a malding fit. Like someone had to be pulling pranks behind the scene. The only excuse for that I could see is trying to say he can’t resist psychic mind control because it’s biological mind control maybe???? Maybe????? It’s ******* dumb. Shadow definitely shouldn’t have lost at the time.

Definitely not. Most of the arguments for why Trunks should have taken it were due to abilities he had that could have killed Silver…. That don’t actually exist in DBH and he doesn’t ******* have lol. Trunks’ biggest wincons, resistance negation and probability manipulation, literally are not abilities he has, at all. It’s astounding this verse has gotten away with it for so long but with how untranslated and huge it is I guess I can see how.

stuff like “quantum manipulation for destroying a black hole” or “concept and fate haxx for destroying a universe” are some of the funniest ******* things I’ve ever seen

Silver literally fraud checked this whole verse

I remember that scene in particular sent me into a malding fit. Like someone had to be pulling pranks behind the scene. The only excuse for that I could see is trying to say he can’t resist psychic mind control because it’s biological mind control maybe???? Maybe????? It’s ******* dumb. Shadow definitely shouldn’t have lost at the time.
What taking stats from a Japanese arcade game does to a mfer.

'He has probability manip'

Why?

'It came to me in a dream'

Does Death Battle dare making this moment as a finishing blow for Xiao vs Illidan Stormage? This will recall Ganondorf vs Dracula moments and draw clicks.
I can imagine the reaction of the translator of Death Battle. lol

By the way, current MCU She-Hulk is At least 9-A and I feel that it is reasonable currently. And MCU She-Hulk loses to two teenage girls.

Why am I not surprised? It's a shame honestly, early DB treated a number of characters like garbage
I still remember when they mentioned one of B.Orchid's "win-cons" (flashing her breasts at her opponent) wouldn't of worked on Ivy Valentine due to Ivy having a bigger bust size and thus she wouldn't of surrendered out of jealousy (they even had a comparison between the two and explained how Ivy's breasts actually helps her reaction speed, such kicking a bullet at point blank range) stuff like that is legitimately more hilarious in retrospect than the joke DB episodes.

Ironically despite the dubious and dated research, the outcome is correct (compositing both timelines ofc) since Ivy can't touch Orchid (despite being stronger and tougher) which allows Orchid to speedblitz Ivy with hax and that's just using our profiles, if you give Orchid any Gargos scaling via Eyedol well it's pretty much overkill at that point.

Isn't it kinda strange that ryu,Ken, and Akuma have been used but not sagat for the shoto fighters?
Hell even dan got used.
Chun li, Blanka, bison, and Balrog.
Sagat would complete the shoto and shadloo members save Vega.
Wonder if Vega deserves a fight however.

You have DB not mentioning entire ******* concepts of DBH hax, or you have the wiki having 5 abilities based off basically nothing.

Heros ain't in a good spot.
5 abilities ???? Oh man you have no idea how much of DBHs haxx is fraudulent there’s dozens of abilities that are either flat out wrong, mislabeled, or have untranslated sources. A lot of shit the verse has needs to be outright gutted.

@Kirbonic_Pikmin Tbf, I think some would argue that it's limited resistance since IIRC (I never played Shadow the Hedgehog for good reason) Shadow was created using Black Arm DNA and people like Black Doom can control the Black Arms except for Shadow.
To any Sonic experts you can prove me wrong because as I said, never played that game
Yeah, hence why I said it’s a biological mind control resistance rather than a psychic one. But just the fact that they said “he’s never resisted mind control” while showing a clip of him resisting mind control is funny.

I guess they got confused for Shadow mind control resist because he was affected by Black Doom for a few secs before he became immune? Or they consider memory wipe different from mind control? Or mind control immune wouldnt mean M2 could not read Shadow's mind?

Tho re-reading Wiki synopsis:

Wiz: Shadow has been mind controlled before, and has always relied on outside help to recover.
I guess Gerald & Maria being a moral boost meant they considered it a temporary thing?

Ehh its S3 DB, that one was also cursed in research lol

5 abilities ???? Oh man you have no idea how much of DBHs haxx is fraudulent there’s dozens of abilities that are either flat out wrong, mislabeled, or have untranslated sources. A lot of shit the verse has needs to be outright gutted.

Yeah, hence why I said it’s a biological mind control resistance rather than a psychic one. But just the fact that they said “he’s never resisted mind control” while showing a clip of him resisting mind control is funny.
Alot of shit just got gutted, thankfully. Also no, I didn't mean just five, I was making a general point of how chaotic shit is. It's either downplay or just 'I made it the **** up'

I do wonder how many older eps had actually good enough explanations. Not just winner being right, but the analysis ending having at least decent enough explanation.

Shadow vs Mewtwo will never not be garbage to me, if specifically because they shat on Shadow so badly that it's almost sad.
By the way, what scene did they show when they claimed that Shadow's been mind controlled but showed the opposite?
Why am I not surprised? It's a shame honestly, early DB treated a number of characters like garbage
I guess they got confused for Shadow mind control resist because he was affected by Black Doom for a few secs before he became immune? Or they consider memory wipe different from mind control? Or mind control immune wouldnt mean M2 could not read Shadow's mind?

Tho re-reading Wiki synopsis:

I guess Gerald & Maria being a moral boost meant they considered it a temporary thing?

Ehh its S3 DB, that one was also cursed in research lol
Early Era Db having dog shit research is nothing new we all knew this
Dante vs Bayo
Ganondorf vs Bowser
Erza vs Zoro
Mewtwo vs Shadow

etc
Also fell victim to 2010s spite humor shit

Alot of shit just got gutted, thankfully. Also no, I didn't mean just five, I was making a general point of how chaotic shit is. It's either downplay or just 'I made it the **** up'
Yeah, I know the guy who's going through a lot of the haxx rn. A couple of my friends are actually working on purging the sourceless/badly reasoned haxx. That was just one CRT of many, there's gonna at least a few more revisions for DBH haxx as well.

I know there's also an ongoing immeasurable downgrade and 2A downgrade which I can't really comment on, though I do feel that basically the entire DBH cast proooobably shouldn't all scale to 2A though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back