• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
after rewatching some episodes of avatar. man i have no idea what they were thinking with aang vs edward as an ep. especially with that ending lol. If they made that episode nowadays i feel like the line they would have used a line like "Ed is gonna die" at the end of his analysis.
well... it all said that.

people wanted joseph killed edward lol.

after rewatching some episodes of avatar. man i have no idea what they were thinking with aang vs edward as an ep. especially with that ending lol. If they made that episode nowadays i feel like the line they would have used a line like "Ed is gonna die" at the end of his analysis.
Just because two verses both have hard magic systems it doesn't mean they're comparable or should be put against each other but...
It was popular MU
Still hilarious with the additional scaling DB gave in Korra Vs Storm, that Aang retroactively stomps Edward even harder now. Probably one of the biggest (non-cosmic) stomps on DB tbh.

I really don't understand why Aang would be a matchup for ed. They have nothing in common and it really comes through in the animation. Aang iirc becomes avatar state for no reason at all while i believe Ed was already Incap? lmao "You left me no choice"
Idk ask normies they suggest these mu
And if aang was gonna kill somebody he should do it mercifully. OR take from the show and have him accidently do it like he did dozens of times. for example

Not a fan of the idea of accident death

Mercifully sure

It's db someone has to die you know but like Ed vs sparky sparky boom make makes more sense to me.
They both have metal arms and legs and do magic shit.
What do ed and aang have in common?
They both lost loved ones
They are in a team that saved the world.
Uh Young boys that went on journeys.
They do element stuff.
Are kinda short.
Know martial arts.

Korra and storm also had this problem with me. Storm like God stomps korra but the connections that come to mind first are black ladies that use elements...
Que todoroki vs zuko "he's just like me!"

Hm, varies, there's lots of factors to it.

RoosterTeeth going under could definitely hurt the show but I honestly don't think it would stop DB, I think they have potential to live on with sponsorships & memberships and potentially searching for a new buyer and the likes? Don't quote me on that though.

In terms of how long things could realistically last, however long everyone involved feels like being involved. We could have 5 more seasons, we could have 10 more, the team is likely to shift and lose/change members overtime as they move on to different pastures like Torrian, so on and so forth. The show could possibly get passed to someone else one day should Ben and Chad ever decide that they've run their course. Who knows!

does deathbattle even have any competition? like it seems like it would be so easy to copy db's formula and make another show that would garner millions of views.

Someday wiz and broomstick gotta retire
Then make a new crew with a new show name making similar contents... As long as the show is making sizeable profits...

Wait, really? I can't tell if you're serious or just wanted to make that pun...
Nice pun if anything

We know that we have a strong dislike over Seth, but this is the only thing that for once i agreed with:

Basically he's planning to make a Fate video and he put Saber Artoria above Goku

Composite true form Artoria sure.

Not the FSN or FZ avatar.

Yeah those pages need revision. I'm pretty sure atomizing a college campus is higher than City Level.
Last time I checked turning one coliseum I pure energy and rearrange it back into matter anyway the caster likes is country level

And shooting a laser in atomising a Japan is somehow yielding bigger than "'atomising' an earth and a moon".

literally any vs show that has tried to compete with death battle has either been abandoned, or doesn't even compare.

yes omm existed but it's very different from a sprite fight to a character research with the fight in different models.

and not to mention the only one that could come close is smash breaker... but none of its animation comes close to death battle's level of quality.

does deathbattle even have any competition? like it seems like it would be so easy to copy db's formula and make another show that would garner millions of views.
Nothing on its size, no. One Minute Melee/Hyun's Dojo was the only other major Versus Animation series around for a while, and even it stopped uploading OMM 3 years ago, not to mention they didn't have the research angle that DB had.

There's a new up and coming show Smash Bracket, but it's nowhere near as popular as DB is, and honestly somewhat limits itself by only using the Smash Roster, and its ruleset probably hurts its reach a lot too. It's spinoff Crossover Collesium hasn't had much luck yet either.

Most other Versus Series' that have been made are typically by much smaller creators that haven't had much exposure or time the limelight and don't have much budget for themselves, or are major individual works that take too long to come out to be financially viable and typically dont have research behind them.

Death Battle is really the only major versus show that's found wide success and is still ongoing, and its probably gonna be that way for a long while, unless someone with really good backing starts a similar series, or DB finally ends and in the rush for people to find a new, similar series, start supporting up & coming creators more.

Besides, large animations usually take a long time.

death battle manages to make animations of different types, from hand-drawn, to sprite and finishing 3d models, and in a surprisingly short period of time for what they are.
yeah, them having a full team as dedicated & talented as they are is a huge plus. Putting out damn near 16 animations in a single year, even if they're only 3-4 minutes, is a ******* ludicrous amount of work.

I really don't understand why Aang would be a matchup for ed. They have nothing in common and it really comes through in the animation. Aang iirc becomes avatar state for no reason at all while i believe Ed was already Incap? lmao "You left me no choice"
Just to make the FMA elitist on MAL mald lel, this show has been so overpraised it made me sick

Gogeta reached 300k in previews, one of the seasons' highs.

Kinda funny how relatively Gogeta was less talked here than Gohan, Frieza or Cell.
Well, the matchup with the debate behind it on these forums didn’t happen, and not many here is really very interested in debating the MU.

but regular viewers will definitely wanna see this, and of course we’re watching along as well

Yeah, but Gogeta is looking popular even with the most hated MU of the season.

I am happy we did get another another "big casual episode we didnt think about at all". Tho for next year it should be GalactusUnicron.

Off topic but... How do I make a series of png files from one animated gif file of a series of frames?

I do not want to print screen every single frame so I what to know if there is a software that can do conversion this way, thanks.

I feel Sasori vs Alice has impacted to it.
Not quite.

But it feels like OMM is running down the business by itself by losing some talents as they split with Screwattack.

Yeah, but Gogeta is looking popular even with the most hated MU of the season.

I am happy we did get another another "big casual episode we didnt think about at all". Tho for next year it should be Galactus vs Unicron.
When there is finally a movie debuting Galactus and one debuting Unicron.

Last edited:
the only competition DB has apart from those small channels like Smash Bracket, are those once in a while animation channels who do fights like Saitama vs Goku, Goku vs Hulk, Hulk vs Saitama/Superman etc that usually turn out to be very popular. But that's the thing, they only pop up so often because they take too much time and they only use uber popular characters like Saitama and Hulk. They are not going to branch out that often. Plus, they usually don't have research.

Death Battle will be fine, but I do hope they make some changes to improve the channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back