• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mood:

young-adult-man-in-warm-black-overcoat-standing-alone-and-staring-at-picture-id1131174537
thanos-mcu.jpg

I'm feeling something gents
it ain't anger
it ain't happiness
its mix NGL

i want to give my full thoughts tomorrow

i may write a big ass essay to give y'all my honest to god thoughts cause i had a long day at work

Saw the animation get leaked on 4chan. That was uh... pretty bad. Sauron vs Lich King is a massive spite match in Arthas' favor unless they buy into Silmarillion wank.

So uh, I just watched the MU. I'm not a slasher fan, not a Friday fan, not a Halloween fan. But I was really interested in seeing this MU and I think it had absolutely ******* crazy potential, potentially even to be a 10/10.

Yyyyyyeah this episode fumbled all of that potential. The fight setup is good, the kill is solid, everything else? Ouch. Movements were incredibly rough and janky, there was barely any fighting, the episode was mostly focused on pretty poorly animated random varsity teenagers for atmospheric reasons, but its kinda hard to get into the atmosphere when they're moving around and snapping to places like a DevilArtemis animation.... and yeah, it was animated by DevilArtemis. He did excellent work on Raiden vs Excal, thats one of my favorite episodes this season, but.... I'm not really feeling he was a good choice for this episode. He seems to do very well with fast, frantic fights with quick movement and explosive action. Not really a slow, moody, brutal, choreo/environment heavy fight like this.

The movements were stiff, but not in the way that they generally move in the movies, just, really stiff overall in how they looked in a bad way, the fighting was hard to view at points, the opening scuffle was just rough to follow and had bad camera shaking obscuring the important shit, the fight broke away from the actual fight way more than it really should have, and it ended before it even felt like it began. The final segment was the only part that really felt all that good, and even then it still kind of had its own issues with jankiness. Just a rough fight all around. Not my least favorite this season at least, I still preferred it over Wanda vs Zatanna and Tanjiro vs Jonathan since those two episodes either did absolutely nothing for me or legit let me down, but this episode is right behind them in that aspect at least.

If I can say one thing though, I did really like the analysis at least. The unique format worked pretty solidly this time around, all of their experimental analysis segments have been SIGNIFICANTLY better this season then what they tried with MachoAids. Them going over both characters was super fun, the way they described the characters was enjoyable, and just them going over everything was really fun to watch along to, actually got me interested in potentially group watching the films with some friends, some of the Friday the 13th films look like they could be a blast to groupwatch, all the Uber Jason shit looks deliciously campy.

I am so sorry to all of you who were super excited for this MU and begging for it for years. Hunterzilla and iirc SomaKing especially. Sorry your dream/favorite MU didn't get to realize the potential it could've. This is kinda like how I felt about ASonic vs Wally but.... generally a lot worse off tbh. I think ASonic vs Wally is at least a fundamentally solid animation in spite of my issues with it & missed potential. This on the other hand.... Not so much. Sorry ya'll didn't get your 10/10, hopefully another MU you guys really like can happen someday.

Sauron vs Lich seems very promising though!

Writing up a blog for my 50 most wanted matchups, and I'm looking for 10 more. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

As an aside, I've kind of come to love Black Flash vs Death (Castlevania). Not only is the idea of a literal Death Battle super appealing, but with the recent buffs Castlevania got, it might genuinely be debatable(?).

Writing up a blog for my 50 most wanted matchups, and I'm looking for 10 more. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

As an aside, I've kind of come to love Black Flash vs Death (Castlevania). Not only is the idea of a literal Death Battle super appealing, but with the recent buffs Castlevania got, it might genuinely be debatable(?).
... Really? Against Black Flash (you know the shenanigans)?

From which CRT?

BTW how good is Kirito vs Maple?

No James A. Janisse as a special guest
Not live action despite all the stars aligning for it
Worse looking 3D of the season with jank surpassing Fettdator and BondWick (that ******* victim's face)
Shorter than ******* OmniLander with none of the benefits
The kill was not nearly gory enough and isn't even a top 20 contender
It being 3D means Lichuron is ****** over and set up to fail with either sprites or even worse CGI, I repeat the NEXT episode will suffer due to this blunder

This is the first genuine S9 dud and I'm sad. DB had big shoes to fill, so they chose to shit in them instead. Literally the only redeemable part of the episode was the analysis taking the form of a campfire story and the teleportation debate. 5/10, watch this instead

No James A. Janisse, but is a lot more entertaining and is what the DB SHOULD'VE been.

Man that was quite a mediocre fight from my perspective.
It had an amazing kill but the choreography felt so jank and could've gone with some more gore IMO. That, and sweet lord, dedicating a bit of time to some random ass teenager really felt unnecessary and made the fight seem a lot shorter then it should've been
I agreed with all of this, I like they captured the slasher horror aspects of the genre (teenager fodder and using everyday tools as lethal weapons) but my first reaction at the end of the animation was "is that it?" plus the extented camera angle of the tombstone made it seem like that something was gonna happen but I guess it subverted my expectations heh.

Also DB actually acknowledged the Myers content from DBD (Death by Daylight) and it absolutely did nothing to alter the result lol!

also I wouldn’t say LichRon is inherently ****** over just because JasonMM was 3D. JasonMM was animated by DA, an outside animator, LichRon is likely the blender team’s work, and that’d make it exactly the amount of episodes they promised to make.

Sigh.....okay guess I gotta do this now...

So....firstly, I think the beginning analysis of both characters was solid and enjoyable, liked how it was a campfire story style, with characters disappearing one after the other, gave it perfect vibe for this episode as well as a perfect Halloween vibe for it....that's about it, it was very fast, barely covered any of Michael or Jason's stuff outside of "can they teleport? Idk" There is seriously so MUCH they could have gone over to show they aren't just dudes in masks who are hard to kill, but this was only the most surface level and before I knew it BOTH analysis' were over...how did John Wick and Bond get more detailed wacky breakdowns than these two?? Not to mention they acted like both of their stories were too vague to explain their origins....even though Jason has had one explicitly long canon throughout ALL of his appearances, the "hellworm" and Necronomicon are LITERALLY IN THE SAME MOVIE HOW DO THEY CONTRADICT EACH OTHER?? The Michael one atleast makes sense, multiple timelines and what not....but then they just decide to only go over the Curse of Thorn?? When the Green Trilogy literally gives him an entirely different set of possible powers and they also ignore half of his other powers from The Thorn Trilogy? It's genuinely baffling, but who knows, maybe these are glossed over and done so quick so they can focus all their efforts on a kick ass fight??.............

Yeah... you can clearly see where this is going....firstly? I'll go over the good, I like how the fight was basically a Slasher movie that was interupted by another slasher, that's neat, the film grain effect adds to this....BUT WHY DID IT TAKE UP MOST OF THE FIGHT??? It was plenty enough for the preview to focus on that and then now that the pretenses are out of the way, you get to the blood soaked fight, which just didn't happen? That's it, that's the only good about the episode, Firstly, jank as hell, they were somehow too stiff yet also everything snapped into place so fast? The camera movement while I get what they were trying to do, was REALLY bad and took away from the action, especially when they spent SO MUCH TIME ON ONE OF THE SURVIVORS, we didn't need that, you introduced it as such and that was fine, we don't need any more. The choreography was also really rough, which is shocking as DevilArtemis usually does choreography pretty well, but this was about as basic as you can make it, not to mention NONE of their abilities were showcased at all, not even Jason's regen, and they didn't even make them fight slightly differently, make Jason a bruiser while Michael uses quick slashes, SOMETHING INTERESTING, worst part is, if they wanted to do a more narrative driven episode, this could have been AMAZING if they just paced it better and gave it more time to breath, like seriously this could have been a straight up Sam vs Snake 2.0 but it fell flat in every regard and before we knew it, it was over, feeling like one of the fastest fights of the season, atleast Omnilander had the benefit of being hand drawn, this was 3-D and literally had no excuse. I even held out hope and was convinced that when he decapitated Michael that it was a fake out and that Michael was going to have revealed to have switched his clothes (why else bring up that specific feat of his in the analysis?)

They lingered on Jason walking away for so long that when it said KO I was genuinely shocked and went " That's it??" Speaking of the kill, as fine as it was and logically made sense....why was this 3-D again?? I figured that they didn't do this in Live Action because the gore effects would be too expensive and tricky to figure out, which means logically they can do FAR more with 3-D...but nothing they did here was crazy enough to warrant that, yes even the decapitation, that's such an easy cut to do in filming, like atleast if this was LA, it'd look dope as hell??? Also WHY is Jason part 3 Jason? Like if it was for more cohesion visually with Michael, that makes sense, but the model they used for Michael doesn't match at all? They could have easily used Part 6 or 8 and it would have matched this Michael SO MUCH MORE, hell they could have even used part 6 and then a great fake out where Michael causes an explosion to kill Jason (say that car that kept showing up, that Michael could have weaponized) only for Jason to walk out of the fire in his part7 design to give the illusion of battle damage, but no, they just stabbed each other in the graveyard before Jason cuts his head off...seriously I can't stress this enough, THESE TWO ARE TANKS AND SOME OF THE MOST VIOLENT CHARACTERS THEY HAVE HAD ON THE SHOW, HOW DID WE GET CHEAPED OUT ON THE VIOLENCE?? hell if 3-D didn't suit the gore, use custom sprites?? anything to give these two the most gorey throwdown and kill that Deathbattle ever had, something that these two are MOST deserving of, there was so many different ways of doing this, as so many different ways of making the potential of this match up go so hard but we got none of it...this might genuinely be one of the biggest let downs of this entire season...how is it that literally every appearance of these characters, movies, comics, novels, crossovers, fan films, random youtube videos and fanfics did better than this deathbattle in giving us a good fight scene, A SHOW DEDICATED TO CHARACTERS FIGHTING, worst part is I'm not even mad about this?? I feel almost nothing which is worse, as this match up just kind of....exists...

Yeah, surprise surprise the obvious winner obviously won, but how is it the verdict sucked too?? They said that both were equal in almost every stat but they weren't?? They even gave Jason, UBER JASON scaling, speed is one thing to be equal but they do not have remotely the same durability or strength, and even the explosion feats they showed if calced, were MASSIVELY different in scale, they also said Michael is FAR more intelligent which again, as I've gone over before is a complete misconception of Jason's entire character, you can argue Michael is smarter, yes, but Jason isn't an idiot and has a massive experience advantage and expressly better showings of strategy and intelligence ironically. They also even blackbox Michaels DBD skills but didn't include them in the fight? why?? Just throw him a bone and give this fight SOMETHING interesting, also they said Leatherface was a supernatural being which is....just straight up wrong, he is one of the only main slashers that is explicitly and entirely just a normal dude...also this is just a nitpick BUT HOW DID THEY FAIL ON THE ENDING PUN TOO, THERE IS A THOUSAND DIFFERENT PUNS SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO BOTH MICHAEL AND JASON BUT THEY JUST WENT WITH A "RIP IN PEACE" JOKE?? The only neat thing about the ending is Jason appearing behind them to kill Wiz and Boomstick (Though weirdly enough, judging by the face shape that's Uber Jason which only makes this all the more confusing)

TGIH is alright, it fits the characters, sounds like a horror ost and fits the fight and is suitably epic, but also listening to the music without the animation it really fits a far more epic and sinister fight than what we got, but it's still nice and I like the mash up of both themes so I'll definitely be listening to this far more than the actual battle which I might not even watch a second time. AND HELL HOW DOES THE SONG FIT MORE WITH MULTIPLE FAKE OUTS THAN THE ACTUAL FIGHT

Yeah, nothing more really to say about this fight and that's kind of the crux of the issue, this fight doesn't really do anything of note, it just kind of exists, if anything it feels more like a season 1/2 fight somehow??? Genuinely entirely forgettable and a huge fumble of massive proportions so yeah I'd probably give this a 3/10 legitimately, not for being bad but for not even being worth the time of a rewatch, atleast AkumaKhan was still fun to watch, as a palette cleanser, I'm going to watch Freddy vs Jason again as it might be campy, but DAMN it actually gives us a rad as **** fight between the titular characters AND is a decent slasher movie at the same time (also the fact Freddy out of the Dreamworld gave Jason a better fight than Michael freaking Myers should give you an indicator of this fight's quality) and just to shill once more, here is MY fight, and the fight we SHOULD have gotten between these titans of slaughter.
All in all, I WISH i had more to say about this fight as I was prepared to go hard but it's just not worth it,

Sincerely, your crypt crawling comrade from creepy old Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back