• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blogs

Nope. It's a very, very specific weakness of Yuuma's to emotional/emphatic/morality manipulation through her absorption abilities, Yuyuko has resistances to it I believe?

Yuuma is noted to be very specifically affect/influenced by what she absorbs, the entire plot of 17.5 occurs because her absorbing the petroleum for knowledge was inherently making her greedy, thus wanting more of it despite the consequences.

Kirby typically tries to befriend someone first before beating their face in, and no matter what, would EVENTUALLY try a method of befriending. Either very, very early on in the fight he would huck the heart at Yuuma, or at some point later on in the fight he would throw it at her, and she would just absorb it not thinking much of it. Boom, she loses the fight right then and there. Her specific weakness to being emotionally/mentally affected by absorption gets exploited right there, because she'll be HEAVILY affected by the Friend Hearts' abilities. It'd be a full blown incap at that point, she wouldn't want to fight anymore.

Yuuma's fighting style (so far, based on what we know of her) isn't exactly someone to go for an immediate speed blitz or anything either. She typically kinda lets her opponent pelt her with attacks, absorbing them, and then just powering through whatever they throw at her with her own abilities. A very overwhelming force type of character. She probably wouldn't think anything of Kirby tossing the Friend Heart at her and would fall victim to it.

So even though Yuuma logistically holds nearly every advantage besides sheer arsenal variety (cause lets be honest, almost nobody is beating Kirby at that), she's stronger, faster, can negg most of his arsenal via her absorption, she'd be damn near unkillable to him via mid-godly regen & youkai immortality, and she'd be able to bypass his low-godly regen via soul destruction via Spirit Manip or just outright consuming his soul via her absorption after his death, she loses solely because Kirby happens to have a perfect, god given way to exploit her one, very specific weakness. This had to be intentional on ZUN's part or something because how the ****.
Does that make Yuuma lose by voluntary surrender? How many Death Battle episodes have the loser lose by mind-controlled / brainwashed or surrendering? Does Ultron rewriting Sigma Virus count as hacking / mind controlling?

Umm....whose decision was it to have half the animation be about a guy running around? There was hardly a fight here. And the guy running and some of the movements were just janky. I wasn't that interested in this fight, but they could've done more with it. It ends with just Jason walking....for a bit too long.

So it is Lich King afterall. Honestly I'm surprised. Well congrats.

......That was it? THAT'S the best they could do? I've waited 11 years for THIS?!

God ******* damn it. Good kill, but are you ******* ******** me? They cut away from the action for a jump scare?! I wouldn't be upset if the fight had lasted a little longer, but what the ****!

......That was it? THAT'S the best they could do? I've waited 11 years for THIS?!

God ******* damn it. Good kill, but are you ******* ******** me? They cut away from the action for a jump scare?! I wouldn't be upset if the fight had lasted a little longer, but what the ****!
I would've had Jason teleport and stealing the kill while the guy was running then jump back to the action. I know they were going for atmosphere, but at what cost?

Does that make Yuuma lose by voluntary surrender? How many Death Battle episodes have the loser lose by mind-controlled / brainwashed or surrendering? Does Ultron rewriting Sigma Virus count as hacking / mind controlling?
I mean the extra story for the Switch release of 17.5 has Yuuma going out of her way to pick fights with people after leaving the Pools of Hell, so her relying entirely on hanging back and defensively absorbing her opponents attacks right from the start, isn't entirely accurate anymore at least in my opinion.

Personally, I have Yuuma winning, because if she decides to attack first, that's a wrap.

I don't consider the fight rewatchable, I just see it as "oh that happened" and that's it. Rewatchability does wonders. This may attract new comers, but won't have much rewatch value. The kill wasn't that great/memorable either.

Vidya MU is going to put to the test here. The general audience don't know how to powerscale these two, neither are from VS-heavy series. This is going to be a headache.

Vidya MU is going to put to the test here. The general audience don't know how to powerscale these two, neither are from VS-heavy series. This is going to be a headache.
Gonna be VERY interested to see how they do Sauron. You can take them many directions, so I'm hoping they do hin justice

I feel like FTL and around City-ish is like a decent lowball for Samus, maybe higher AP cause I feel like there's totally some Country feat somewhere. Like, not believing in Planet MFTL+ okay whatever, but Town and MHS? That definitely seems too low. It's basically just her stats from ZSS but I guess the suits upscale. Doesn't feel right.

I hope they do a decent job, since I know nothing about either series, I won't be able to judge
We have a revision thread going on for LOTR if you're willing to skim through pages. A lot of the current pages have had their tiers and statistics revised, but not abilities.

I don't know too much about the Lick King admittedly, but I can cover most questions on Sauron.

Megabug is getting scaled to Mario in DB. Lumas and Rosalina scaling as well, which either or are definitely Uni at this point. Mario + Rabbids proves her shield isn't passive and made from her magic. AP can logically scale according to them. Cursa made a whole dimension connected to the main one.

I find a lot of the arguments extreme nitpicking as well.

And no, it's not the same as Kirby with Void Termina because the AD "feat" is literally anything but blatant. It's extremely vague and the sources "backing" it can be interpreted in other ways, like the collapse just referring to that specific part of AD and not the whole thing since it's unstable and was collapsing in different places throughout RtDL even BEFORE you fight anyone with the Master Crown. And Magolor's death never happened either.

And Void having a "destroy everything" statement has literally no timeframe, no specifications as to how whatsoever. It's one of the most vague statements I've seen and has the exact same problems as Bowser's Dream Depot stuff since "ruin" is also used. It literally amazes me that Kirby gets so much benefit of the doubt AND ******* guides to support powers and abilities and statements but when Mario does it it's blasphemy.

Dreams have been blatantly called Uni multiple times. The Dream World is at least 2-C via having other dimensions and being comparable to the real world and basically considered a parallel dimension. They couldn't shatter the barrier because they used their wish to make an impenetrable barrier, which only the Wakebeam could break through. It's basically a case of not having the hax not AP

Paper Mario is literally on par with Base Mario so saying "they're different" doesn't work here. Antasma does eat dreams and I'll find the statement.
I haven’t yet played Sparks of Hope and didn’t look up anything plot wise for it, so I cannot and will not comment on anything that occured in it yet.

I also don’t find any of the complaints to be extreme nitpicking either. All the “feats” have major issues with them one way or another and allowances that would not be afforded to other verses for them to be considered okay.

1. Ultraguy said the Megabug would be used more as supporting evidence if anything. He said that giving the weapons would be fine but non-crossover scaling should be focused on. The only thing I could see them buying is Rosalina scaling, which I assume of off them interpreting Galaxy 1’s ending as a universal reset. Haven’t heard confirmation from Ultraguy on this.

2. yeah I’m not debating the Dream World being 2C/2B, I’m pretty sure I already said I believe that, there’s no reason not to. It just doesn’t scale to anyone via Dream Stone not being uni/multi because it doesn’t contain all of dr

3. Void’s destroy everything statement is mostly meaningless, yeah. It only has weight via up scaling from Magolor/Master Crown for very obvious reasons, he can summon multiple massive ones for individual attacks in his fight and is clearly intended to be stronger than Mags/The Crown, and thus upscales. We have a quantification of how he could “destroy everything” and a being lesser than him was capable of instantly collapsing 15-16 unis upon death. Also yeah, my bad, Mags doesn’t die, but the Crown gets destroyed, which was what was sustaining his power anyways so the point still stands. There’s a reason he was only scaled to his multi-Galaxy destroying explosion on death for a while, his statements don’t hold weight on their own. Kirby isn’t getting any benefit of the doubt here lol, it was treated the same way until evidence was found. Something Bowsers MP5 “feat” doesn’t have. Bowser doesn’t even get to show how he’d perform this feat, never mind actually performing the feat in the first place. Even Void destroyed galaxies when he died lol. There’s no quantification, no timeframe, and it never occurs, and there’s nothing to compare it to. It’s unusable.

4. I’ve literally said Base Paper Mario & Base Mario would scale. It still wouldn’t get Base Mario anything above Tier 5/4 from memory, since PMs best feats without amps are the Shadow Queen shaking the world and threatening to destroy it, and the Thing Fan spinning the planet. Mario already resides in the tier 6-4 range so this scaling is consistent enough.

Lifting Bowser after he gained the weight of 10 Bowsers, an explicit 10 times statement. Base couldn't do it, but a Power Star enabled him to.

It's because Uni to Multi isn't that big of a jump for the people there and it's consistent within the entirety of Dream Team. Also, the Dream Depot is literally IN the main universe. Don't know if you missed that. It means it gets destroyed every time someone can destroy the universe too.
Which game was this 10x statement from again, M64? Mario’s lifted bowser a lot of times lol.

and there aren’t any instances of the main universe being destroyed outside of Megabug almost merging them (which is debatable canonically and from a crossover), King Boo’s overtime portal destruction (which scales to nobody), and if you interpret it as a universal reset, Rosalina would be the only other example, and I still find scaling to her to be extremely iffy. Considering Mario & Co would have ******* died without her assistance at the end of Galaxy to a feat much lesser than a uni one especially.

We dont precisely have Arthas's stats down yet, but hes probably going to end up somewhere in tier 6, the problem is speed, unless they just use Shamans as an example, Arthas is Subsonic, with SoL when wanking some spells and Massively Hypersonic+ if you kinda highball everything, if Sauron's file is at all correct in speed he can hax Arthas with something before the ladder can do anything, on the flipside, if they use lightning for both Arthas probably stat stomps.

This is of course assuming they use the books and not the movies, cause Arthas 100% stomps the movie Sauron.

We dont precisely have Arthas's stats down yet, but hes probably going to end up somewhere in tier 6, the problem is speed, unless they just use Shamans as an example, Arthas is Subsonic, with SoL when wanking some spells and Massively Hypersonic+ if you kinda highball everything, if Sauron's file is at all correct in speed he can hax Arthas with something before the ladder can do anything, on the flipside, if they use lightning for both Arthas probably stat stomps.

This is of course assuming they use the books and not the movies, cause Arthas 100% stomps the movie Sauron.
there most likely going to composite the movie and the book like they do with other characters

Statwise, assuming Sauron is limited to his powers within Eä, he should scale to High 7-A to 6-C (if they take the Balrog high-end).

If they really highball Sauron, he can go up to 3-B or 3-A by scaling to the mightiest Maiar at his peak (who scale to the Valar).

If they take Sauron from before Eä, he transcends time and reality, meaning he could honestly be Low 2-C. (I doubt they'll take this option, but idk).

Speedwise Sauron goes from anywhere fro. High Hypersonic to MFTL+ from Balrog or Vigilot scaling. Otherwise he can move instantly to wherever he desirew when incorporeal.

Statwise, assuming Sauron is limited to his powers within Eä, he should scale to High 7-A to 6-C (if they take the Balrog high-end).

If they really highball Sauron, he can go up to 3-B or 3-A by scaling to the mightiest Maiar at his peak (who scale to the Valar).

If they take Sauron from before Eä, he transcends time and reality, meaning he could honestly be Low 2-C. (I doubt they'll take this option, but idk).

Speedwise Sauron goes from anywhere fro. High Hypersonic to MFTL+ from Balrog or Vigilot scaling. Otherwise he can move instantly to wherever he desirew when incorporeal.
yeah, i kinda thought that, Arthas depending on what they pull varies from like, somewhere in tier 8 to planet level, and he has quite a few hax too

From what I’ve seen it looks like Sauron is going to likely have the AP/Dura for the episode. But I think it probably comes down to hax and speed which is surprising up in the air for both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back