• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Sauron will probably win, his low-ends are higher than Arthas's low-ends and that goes tenfold for their high-ends, but, like, they could low-ball Sauron and high-ball Arthas as just have him blitz and stomp, so predictions are a very bad thing to try here 100%

Anyways that's my time on this thread done lol

From what I’ve seen it looks like Sauron is going to likely have the AP/Dura for the episode. But I think it probably comes down to hax and speed which is surprising up in the air for both
I'll have to check notes but Sauron has some good options. He can drive the soul out of beings by fear, or reduce them to "impotence", warp the physical matter of the battlefield, or pierce lesser minds. I don't know Arthus' resistances much though

I'll have to check notes but Sauron has some good options. He can drive the soul out of beings by fear, or reduce them to "impotence", warp the physical matter of the battlefield, or pierce lesser minds. I don't know Arthus' resistances much though
Arthas definitely resists the soul and mind stuff, not even a question, matter manipulation definitely depends on if they use TCG Arthas though

I do think Sauron will probably win, his low-ends are higher than Arthas's low-ends and that goes tenfold for their high-ends, but, like, they could low-ball Sauron and high-ball Arthas as just have him blitz and stomp, so predictions are a very bad thing to try here 100%

Anyways that's my time on this thread done lol
I just hope they don't make some sudden bad takes. I'll have to have mini rant if they do. (Saiyan Beyond God I have an eternal spite against).

Arthas definitely resists the soul and mind stuff, not even a question, matter manipulation definitely depends on if they use TCG Arthas though/ISPOILER]
we'll see how it goes. Both, I assume, have a lot of potential hax on the table (I believe the Ainur have some time hax, but that might be from MasterofArda's... takes, and there's a lot else scattered amidst my notes). Heck, I'm not even well versed outside the LOTR book lore, so they have more than I to work with.

Last edited:
I'm excited for the next one, I hope it's not in sprite, but if it is, I imagine he'll have a lot to work with to make good custom sprites... that oh we'll have another 3D fight, if so, hope he can show enough of both.

Going into the next MU with no knowledge on WoW or LotR/The Hobbit. Is this a close one?
It depends on what they accept apparently. I asked in the discord and there doesn't seem to be a consensus at all. While some may say that "it depends lol" could be said with a lot of the fights, the thing is...

Very few people know how to powerscale these 2 characters. It's not like in some match-ups where there are questionable scaling/feats/statements that people are aware of, in this case, most of us don't even know what are the actual feats and statements these characters have or scale to. For example, in Tanjiro vs Jonathan, it depended on if Jojo got part 3 stuff, that's what people knew before going in. In this match-up, we don't know what things are in play. These 2 weeks are just going to be "idk lol"

Depends entirely on what they give them, both have stats that can be all over the place
It depends on what they accept apparently. I asked in the discord and there doesn't seem to be a consensus at all. While some may say that "it depends lol" could be said with a lot of the fights, the thing is...

Very few people know how to powerscale these 2 characters. It's not like in some match-ups where there are questionable scaling/feats/statements that people are aware of, in this case, most of us don't even know what are the actual feats and statements these characters have or scale to. For example, in Tanjiro vs Jonathan, it depended on if Jojo got part 3 stuff, that's what people knew before going in. In this match-up, we don't know what things are in play. These 2 weeks are just going to be "idk lol"
Thank you. It's going to be interesting

Bruh I have no attachment to Jason or Michael and even I audibly said "that's it?" when it ended. I can't currently think of a Death Battle that wasted its potential more. I feel so bad for all the genuine slasher fans who rightfully had much higher expectations.

After all the episodes we've had this season that have oozed passion for the characters and/or showed off that the DB showrunners comprehend what fans love about the franchises, this one seems almost insulting.

Ouch, that was bad. Is this the first miss this season?
Will watch the actual episode to comment.
But from the comments...

RT First members: Yeah... (Exhausted and bleeding and be stabbed by a falling chandelier)

Other audience/Sponsor: Rooster Teeth. Come in. What's the mission status?

Ben Singer replies with a classic one-liner.

Ben: Smashing. Positively smashing. For Sauron vs Arthas.

Other audience/Sponsor: sigh Oh, do grow up, Death Battle.

Death Battle staff closes their eyes and catch another breath as the screen cuts to black.

Last edited:
A case of who stomps whom.
Depending on what stats are actually bought by the Death Battle crew.

More likely Sauron stomps from what I read.

A case of who stomps whom.
Depending on what stats are actually bought by the Death Battle crew.

More likely Sauron stomps from what I read.
If Deathbattle decides to use him at his "prime", he should win no matter what (assuming Arthas doesn't have his own tier 2 key). All Ainur in their origin transcend time and reality, and were the demiurges that sung the very concepts that define the universe, before later forging the material matter. But for Sauron within the confines of the material universe... well that's where the toss up lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back