• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey @everyone in case you haven't heard yet, Champions have been pitching matchups to potentially be a point of discussion (and maybe even the final poll) during this month's Fireside Chat! The time for the Champion's poll for an episode for Season 10 is fast approaching. If you want in, you can become a Champion on the DEATH BATTLE! YouTube channel, which gives you perks (exclusive badges, live chat, behind the scenes footage, and access to the Champion's poll). Don't miss out before the Fireside because we've already gotten plenty of matchup ideas!"
-From DJ

my-image_2.png
Why is Spongebob vs Aquaman this low? And James Bond vs John Wick is a A-tier battle to me.

Man that was quite a mediocre fight from my perspective.
It had an amazing kill but the choreography felt so jank and could've gone with some more gore IMO. That, and sweet lord, dedicating a bit of time to some random ass teenager really felt unnecessary and made the fight seem a lot shorter then it should've been
Agree, they wasted time with that guy when they should have use it to extend the actual fight.

win cons for sauron?

win cons for lich?
Don't know too much, but I think it's going to come down to raw power oddly enough. These two resist a lot of each other's soul hax, so this probably comes down to whether Sauron scales to the Valar, and whether he can use his true form in the fight or not.

I believe according to lore, Maiar are forbidden from using their truer forms while on Arda (Earth). This might be like with DIO vs Alucard, where Alucard cannot canonically use his Schrodinger powers without breaking internal lore.

Don't know too much, but I think it's going to come down to raw power oddly enough. These two resist a lot of each other's soul hax, so this probably comes down to whether Sauron scales to the Valar, and whether he can use his true form in the fight or not.

I believe according to lore, Maiar are forbidden from using their truer forms while on Arda (Earth). This might be like with DIO vs Alucard, where Alucard cannot canonically use his Schrodinger powers without breaking internal lore.
I mean thoses are both different tho. Alucard if you give him Schrodinger with his regular powers literally just disappears. While Sauron thing Is different from that.

I mean thoses are both different tho. Alucard if you give him Schrodinger with his regular powers literally just disappears. While Sauron thing Is different from that.
You're right, but I think it's fundamentally similar. Sauron can't use his powers like that because whenever the valar or maiar leave....wherever they started off (I think the timeless halls?)..... they take on a more grounded form. I don't think they CAN use their full powers on Arda, similar to how Pennywise needs to take on an avatar.

I'm no Tolkien expert, so someone feel free to smack me with some knowledge.

Frostmourne eats souls and Arthas is immune to the One Ring. The Scourge is vastly more powerful than any army in Middle Earth. How is Sauron supposed to win when Arthas counters literally everything he has?

Agree, they wasted time with that guy when they should have use it to extend the actual fight.
It's like I can kinda see what DevilArtemis was going with that, you know emulating the feel of both 13th and Halloween by having some slasher stalk their prey.
But that's not what we wanted to see..... We wanted to see, and I'll bold this, JASON AND MICHAEL KILLING EACH OTHER. But for some reason, DA missed the memo and wasted resources on something so stupid that I honestly think this is easily in the top 5 worst fights this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back