• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frostmourne eats souls and Arthas is immune to the One Ring. The Scourge is vastly more powerful than any army in Middle Earth. How is Sauron supposed to win when Arthas counters literally everything he has?
Could give Sauron armies from the first/second age. That could be entertaining.
Show us your face coward
I don't think you guys are ready for a face-reveal.

Anywhere my thoughts

It's a mixture of It's ok/Underwhelmed
Like a mixture of I get the idea but the execution didn't hit in certain areas

When ya doing a fight between these two slashers in a blender setting especially one that isn't the team main strength it's gonna face an uphills to deliver perfectly

I like the analysis for both characters pretty unique way to go about it

The fight when actually focusing on both fighting is good albeit too quick to allow the impact to fully let in but like said it isn't the main team area of strength compared to the ones they excel at

I'll say the kill was nice nothing to flex

I could go into more detail but I don't want to be negative as hell cause frankly the 3D team gets too much shit at times

I feel incomplete in a sense like there's a lot more they could've done but idk 😐

Don't hate it honestly just feel incomplete

Like a 6-low 7 for me

It's a pain cause I wanted this episode to hit it right in bringing horror icons but I feels like behind the scene shit happened

It's not an episode I feel to rewatch here n there

Overall

It's like I can kinda see what DevilArtemis was going with that, you know emulating the feel of both 13th and Halloween by having some slasher stalk their prey.
But that's not what we wanted to see..... We wanted to see, and I'll bold this, JASON AND MICHAEL KILLING EACH OTHER. But for some reason, DA missed the memo and wasted resources on something so stupid that I honestly think this is easily in the top 5 worst fights this season
Tbf it ain't in him alone it's the team
He n crew just animated it's the guy who directs the episode you want to give shit to

It's like I can kinda see what DevilArtemis was going with that, you know emulating the feel of both 13th and Halloween by having some slasher stalk their prey.
But that's not what we wanted to see..... We wanted to see, and I'll bold this, JASON AND MICHAEL KILLING EACH OTHER. But for some reason, DA missed the memo and wasted resources on something so stupid that I honestly think this is easily in the top 5 worst fights this season

good chance for sauron vs lich king to make up for that episode don't you think?

win back the crowd

Tbf it ain't in him alone it's the team
He n crew just animated it's the guy who directs the episode you want to give shit to
That's fair honestly, good animation needs a strong director and clearly this episode didn't have that luxury
good chance for sauron vs lich king to make up for that episode don't you think?

win back the crowd
Potentially? I mean Sauron and the Lich King are decently popular villains to this day and LOTR and WOW are some of the most recognizable and impactful franchises in fiction, but I don't think it'll be as big as it could be.
My guess? Probably a 7 or 8 at best

well maybe the writer/storyboader is at fault. DA could've just been following the outline

Ughhhhhh **** it, I thought about it, and I just can't shake it off.

This is just flatout one of the worst DBs in a long while eaaaaaasily and that hurts.

Boba Predator has jank and weird cuts, but it has a lot of set pieces that are kinda cool.

SW Zatanna is nowhere near being actually bad.

Akuma Kahn had good track and better execution.

MM KAM had more fight and honestly did neat stuff.

Blake Mikasa has Thunder Shroud and decent fight choreography.

God damn this on par with the S7 Trio of mehness CanarySinder, WWSheRa & BarbGwen.

The fact that Jason vs MM is comparable to Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen hurts. Atm I kinda think BarbGwen might actually be better, and I'll just need to stop there.

For what it's worth, I did like the 1 min of fighting that we actually got. But you really can't do a slasher animation that is good in only 3 mins.

EDIT: Directors' notes:

Hm... maybe I lowered my expectations a bit TOO much, but I honestly didn't think the fight was THAT bad. Yeah, it was janky, but it felt weirdly accurate to the characters. Like, you're not gonna see Jason or Michael doing backflips or cartwheels or anything like that (friendly reminder Michael got beat by a RAPPER in one of his movies): you're gonna see to big, burly men with knives and axes swing at both each other and those around them until only one man is left standing. Heck, the start of the fight gave us a good idea what to expect: Jason takes all of Michael's hits and walks them off like the tank he is, while Michael is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him to see what'll send him back to Mama. Pretty straightforward, even if I already knew the outcome.

Well, lets be real, this is easily the best track name
dfgqf94-211bf179-2b79-4a19-a55d-3c7023eb1620.png

Don't know too much, but I think it's going to come down to raw power oddly enough. These two resist a lot of each other's soul hax, so this probably comes down to whether Sauron scales to the Valar, and whether he can use his true form in the fight or not.

I believe according to lore, Maiar are forbidden from using their truer forms while on Arda (Earth). This might be like with DIO vs Alucard, where Alucard cannot canonically use his Schrodinger powers without breaking internal lore.
The Ainur were decreed by Eru to be bound to Eä (the material universe) upon descending into it. This includes their power. It's not a natural state of being for them, Eru made it so they cannot use their full might in Eä

There's the Ringwraiths and The Witch King of Angmar and there Fellbeasts. Sauron technically had governs over other leagions that became his followers apart of his army including the Haradrim.
Werewolves, Vampires, humans, trolls, etc.

Though outside the Nazgul and any First Age beings he might be allowed to use, none of them really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back