• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jason is quite interesting, he is not a bastard that plays with his victims like freedy, he is not a being of absolute evil that kills because that is his nature like myers, he is not a cosmic being that needs fear to feed himself like IT, he is just a killer that was born because a group of people were neglected and he is still a child that when he sees another one like him he takes care of him, or even hurts animals.

I asked the other day about Touhou stats and people sad Cirno loses to Jack but most of the MUs would be a Touhou win because of Uni+ and Infinite and Multi+ and Infinite stats.
you can't always get W, even smt has some L.

But hey, be glad you won't suffer from the L streak that characters like RWBY have.
You mean Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat right?

Also, we refer to King Frost vs Cirno and neglect those tier 1 incarnation right?

We should probably add Jason and Michael to the tags, no?
Each staff can add only 10 tags at most.

Any moderator willing to help add the following tags?

Bump

next DB cast

Bowser < Ganondorf
Ganondorf < Dracula
But
(Bowser ~= Wario)
Wario < King Dedede

Logic

Also, remember the multiverse level Kirby god tier shenanigans?

Something not even Dreamy Bowser or Pure Hearts Bowser can match

You mean Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat right?

Also, we refer to King Frost vs Cirno and neglect those tier 1 incarnation right?

Bump

Bowser < Ganondorf
Ganondorf < Dracula
But
(Bowser ~= Wario)
Wario < King Dedede

Logic

Also, remember the multiverse level Kirby god tier shenanigans?

Something not even Dreamy Bowser or Pure Hearts Bowser can match
If you buy this site's ratings sure but I don't.

The team thinks Dedede loses in an actual battle as well. The only Mario VS Kirby MU a Mario character doesn't win is Mario VS Kirby itself and that's a stalemate.

Not that I'd expect this place to buy the shit given it wants to nerf Mario to Town/City.

i've seen Uni-Low Multi more often as the general level

Touhou stats are pretty much contentious over the net
I’m hoping my blogs can make Multi more accepted in the community. A lot of the evidence is there (as in one feat that’s widely accepted in the community as a Uni+ feat is actually Multi, it’s just missing context). Hopefully we can get that shit appended to VSBW soon enough and my blogs can spread more awareness

I’m hoping my blogs can make Multi more accepted in the community. A lot of the evidence is there (as in one feat that’s widely accepted in the community as a Uni+ feat is actually Multi, it’s just missing context). Hopefully we can get that shit appended to VSBW soon enough and my blogs can spread more awareness
lol

ask again in like 4 months

to be fair mario vs kirby is more debated than it seems, there are people who have mario winning and on the other side a lot of people who think kirby wins.
Galaxy Worlds being universes explicitly in Japanese making Mario Quint C, Power Stars 10x multipliers, in general his list of amping equipment eclipsing Kirby's, sleep manip being a big wincon and Zeekeeper just soloing the fight as a Summon are all things people may agree on soon.

Also potential countless x Uni via Dream Depot just existing in the universe meaning it and the dreams would get destroyed in every uni feat.

All things we may see in the future and all aren't entirely discarded as bogus.

Trust me I know as well as you do how hard that shit is.

We’re sitting on two dead CRTs that just had small additions arent we? Maybe we should try and push for the multi upgrade soon if nothing else
Nah because I gotta do a major scaling revision before that. The arguments for multi very heavily hinge on regular characters scaling to nameless gods, which is intrinsically tied to the massive clusterfuck that is Lunar Capital scaling.

The fact that I have upwards of 20 WIP CRTs says a lot about the state of the verse.

Galaxy Worlds being universes explicitly in Japanese making Mario Quint C, Power Stars 10x multipliers, in general his list of amping equipment eclipsing Kirby's, sleep manip being a big wincon and Zeekeeper just soloing the fight as a Summon are all things people may agree on soon.

Also potential countless x Uni via Dream Depot just existing in the universe meaning it and the dreams would get destroyed in every uni feat.

basically this, I would say mario vs kirby was this: initially kirby stomp, midpoint of the showdown: oh mario universal is something, I guess kirby now doesn't stomp but still wins, and currently it's: oh wow, mario can win this and kirby doesn't have a guaranteed win what a surprise.

Also, according to the Discord Ash has a speed advantage on Yugi and may get an AP/Dura advantage soon if things check out. Ash just may get a W if it happens
it also depends on how far they take yugi, 5D to higher, oh lower.

and if they are willing to put ash at those levels.

Anyway, I imagine that in a real future research we will see that.

Well Ash is getting some scaling chain due to fighting the Masters protagonist or something so scaling to the CT lmao

For us that's a major RIP. For them they only have pokemon at uni

6ytvy8.jpg

Depends on what mons they decide to bring to the table. I know Pikachu and Charzard are a lock, what about the other 4?
Greninja would probably be included since he has that whole unique form just for ash and all, though I honestly have no idea on the rest since I only watched Kanto though Orange Islands and the Hoenn movies as a kid and my opinion would be heavily biased.

I'm aware of the universal quint C stuff off of piloting Starship Mario but where did the 10x multiplier come from.

And how does the uni dreams stuff scale to any of the characters outside of Zeekeeper iirc?

Honestly, what if Sauron vs Lich ends up being the live action episode, actually.
"We didn't have the budget for practical gore effects so here's full replicas of Sauron and Arthas' armors and weapons, which is clearly much cheaper."

Tbh I'll settle for a 2D Sauron/Arthas fight, I think it'll be okay even if I'd prefer it in 3D.

"We didn't have the budget for practical gore effects so here's full replicas of Sauron and Arthas' armors and weapons, which is clearly much cheaper."

Tbh I'll settle for a 2D Sauron/Arthas fight, I think it'll be okay even if I'd prefer it in 3D.
Oh, was the reason for not doing Jason v Michael in live action officially given as practical gore effect costs? I missed out on that one lol.

I'm aware of the universal quint C stuff off of piloting Starship Mario but where did the 10x multiplier come from.

And how does the uni dreams stuff scale to any of the characters outside of Zeekeeper iirc?
In the Zeekeeper’s fight with Dreamy Luigi Mario is able to noticeably amplify the power of Luigi’s attacks with his own strength. And this shouldn’t be an outlier, as Mario is also able to fight Antasma at his full strength (And while he’s helped/amped by Dreamy Luigi, Antasma separates Dreamy Luigi and seals him in an Antasmunchy at multiple points in the fight and Mario is still able to harm and take hits from him) who fought the Zeekeeper in the past, was stated to be able to consume entire Dream worlds and shattered the Nightmare Stone, the nightmare equivalent of the Dream Stone, was explicitly stated to be stronger than Dreambert, who also fought Antasma, fought Dreamy Bowser alongside Luigi, who absorbed the entirety of the Dream Stone, is comparable to Peach and Starlow, who could shatter the Dream Stone, Dreamy Luigi, who’s stated to have a wavelength that allows him to become one with the Dream World, and himself can shatter chunks of the Nightmare Stone.

There are also several things/feats outside of Dream Team that would scale base Mario characters to Dream worlds, such as Mouser’s bombs (Which Mario and co. can tank) being stated to be capable of destroying dreams in Super Mario Bros. 2 and the Star Spirits in Mario Party 5 stating that Bowser was going to destroy the Dream worlds in the Dream Depot one by one

The Japanese version of Galaxy also implies that Mario universes are 5-D via containing 4 spatial dimensions, and there are several statements of the Mario universe and worlds compared to it in size being infinite/endless/bottomless, which would bump the Dream Depot to 2-A/Low 1-C and make several of the series’ MFTL+ feats actually infinite speed

Last edited:
Maybe we VS Battles Wiki could introduce more profile for controversial verses such as Netflix Resident Evil TV Series or Cheetahmen. For the latter, a platform game jumping usually earns 9-C rating.

popeye also seems to have become an opponent for mario, which I find curious, at least looking at the death battle Marchup reddit.
It is because the original Mario game is intended to be a Popeye game.
I don't think Sauron's popular matchup works well in 2D.

In the Zeekeeper’s fight with Dreamy Luigi Mario is able to noticeably amplify the power of Luigi’s attacks with his own strength. And this shouldn’t be an outlier, as Mario is also able to fight Antasma at his full strength (And while he’s helped/amped by Dreamy Luigi, Antasma separates Dreamy Luigi and seals him in an Antasmunchy at multiple points in the fight and Mario is still able to harm and take hits from him) who fought the Zeekeeper in the past, was stated to be able to consume entire Dream worlds and shattered the Nightmare Stone, the nightmare equivalent of the Dream Stone, was explicitly stated to be stronger than Dreambert, who also fought Antasma, fought Dreamy Bowser alongside Luigi, who absorbed the entirety of the Dream Stone, is comparable to Peach and Starlow, who could shatter the Dream Stone, Dreamy Luigi, who’s stated to have a wavelength that allows him to become one with the Dream World, and himself can shatter chunks of the Nightmare Stone.

There are also several things/feats outside of Dream Team that would scale base Mario characters to Dream worlds, such as Mouser’s bombs (Which Mario and co. can tank) being stated to be capable of destroying dreams in Super Mario Bros. 2 and the Star Spirits in Mario Party 5 stating that Bowser was going to destroy the Dream worlds in the Dream Depot one by one

The Japanese version of Galaxy also implies that Mario universes are 5-D via containing 4 spatial dimensions, and there are several statements of the Mario universe and worlds compared to it in size being infinite/endless/bottomless, which would bump the Dream Depot to 2-A/Low 1-C and make several of the series’ MFTL+ feats actually infinite speed
I don't think there's a single thing you said here that isn't wrong or misconstrued in one way or another, so I guess I'll have to break this down because I'm a vitriolic fool who couldn't let a random VSBW post pass me by and had to waste a chunk of my night making a full reply:

1. Mario amplifying Dreamy Luigi's attack is just a bro move he can do to increase Luigi's spin torque during an attack, he's even completely visibly exhausted after doing it and iirc can't act again for a turn afterwards. Dreamy Luigi is pretty blatantly doing all the heavy lifting in every Giant Dream Battle. They're all Luigi's big moments to shine with Mario just kind of assisting wherever he can. It's also worth noting that M&L don't even really "defeat" him, the fight stops and the Zeekeeper commends them for fighting well, he's clearly not super beat up or even looking to be all that effected by the end of the fight. He also isn't even at full power in this fight. He was literally just awoken from a long, long slumber (I honestly forget how long the events between DT and the Pi'illo lore takes place ngl), states that he's "tired and old" after the fight ends, and visibly even remarks he's out of shape and weaker than he used to be when ONE usage of the Wakebeam completely tires him out and forces him to rest again. AGAIN, that Wakebeam that completely drained him was just to destroy a BARRIER created by the Dream Stone in the first place, not even the full might of the Stone in the first place. Base Mario does not scale to Zeekeeper at his full might when he fought against a Dark Stone empowered Antasma, and logistically doesn't even scale against the weakened Zeekeeper that appears in Dream Team.

2. In the past when Zeekeeper and Antasma fought fought, it was when Antasma had the Dark Stone, which would have empowered Antasma far more than he was during either of his fights with Mario in Dream Team, considering that the Dark Stone is supposedly a full counter in power to the Dream Stone. Mario cannot be scaled to Antasma with the Dark Stone since he obviously never fought him with it, and Antasma's full power without the Stone is completely unquantified and unknown. The best we can do is upscale him from Base Mario, since Base Mario obviously never stands a chance against him in the fight, and is even stomped by Antasma in their first encounter.

3. Mario needs the full amp of Dreamy Luigi and assistance from Dreambert in his battle with full power Antasma in the Dream World to defeat him. In fact the very example you give of Dreamy Luigi getting pulled out of Mario to lose his amp showcases the huge difference in power between Base Mario & Antasma, Base Mario's AP and Defense are severely weakened, his attacks to pitiful damage to Antasma, and the damage he takes from attacks without his amp are extremely high, he couldn't reasonably take more than a few hits without dying. If anything this showcases that Mario shouldn't be comparable to full power Antasma, since the fight goes out of its way to show how Mario is out of his depth without Dreamy Luigi & Dreambert's assistance. At best its an outlier.

4. Zeekeeper fought with a Dark Stone empowered Antasma in the past, incomparable to the Antasma we see in Dream Team itself.

5. Shattering the Dark Stone or Dream Stone likely doesn't give you AP comparable to the power they channel. They're just stones, and they're not really showcased to be anymore durable than a regular stone. Starlow has never been showcased to be a powerful entity within the series, and from memory usually gets slapped the **** around if anything. Her destroying the Dream Stone, if the stone really was as durable as the entire Dream World combined, would be more of an anti-feat for the Dream Stone if anything. There's plenty of artifacts in fictional verses that work like this, I don't think we grant them special durability unless they actually have feats of durability themselves, like surviving specific attacks or being stated to withstand an attack. Most fictional power sources get a "Unknown on its own, grants [insert level of power] to its wielder" when it comes to stats. The Dream & Dark Stone would be no different, considering both have showcased pitiful durability, since one got shattered by being crushed in someone's hand, and the other got decimated by a fodder's laser beam.

6. Dreambert's power is pretty unquantified within Dream Team as well. The only feats we really have for him are him being involved in defeating Antasma in the past (and iirc, Dreambert wasn't even able to defeat him then, they literally couldn't defeat Antasma so they had to seal him away instead), him jobbing to Antasma within a few seconds in the future, and him assisting Mario by amping/healing him in Mario's fight against Antasma. He's not really useful in any scaling here.

7. I'm 100% sure that the Mario & Luigi vs Dreamy Bowser fight is considered the biggest outlier/anti-feat in the series. Mario & Luigi were unable to break a BARRIER made by the Dream Stone not even 30 minutes earlier, to the point that they had to awaken an ancient deity to use his (current) full power to use his strongest attack to shatter said barrier. But then, just 30 minutes after this, they fight against Dreamy Bowser, who absorbed all the fragments of the Dream Stone and thus pulls upon its full might. Despite Mario on his own not being able to match Antasma's full power, despite Mario & Luigi COMBINED not even being able to destroy a BARRIER made by the Dream Stone earlier, they are suddenly able to match, and then surpass the full might of the Dream Stone, knock the power out of Bowser, and then send him packing, all in one go. It's a blatant, unavoidable outlier or anti-feat. Either this is PIS, Mario & Luigi are operating at a level they've never operated at before and never will again, or its an anti-feat to Dreamy Bowser / the Dream Stone and implies they're not actually as strong as they appear. Nothing about this feat makes sense or can be applied logically within the verse. If this feat was allowed, we could get 2C/2B Base form Classic Sonic by fighting the Phantom Egg, which was powered by the Phantom Ruby.

Take it at face value, well, that means Mario & Luigi are multiversal, oh, but also Bowser, because he physically scales above them, but wait, if he scales above them for being stronger than himself but amped, why did he even need the amp in the first place? This also means that various characters that upscale/downscale from Mario are also now Multiversal via an arbitrary circular scaling chain. Does anybody like Multiversal Phantamanta? Well that's what this feat would create. It's asinine and its why its discarded in basically every versus circle ever.

8. Universal+ Mouser is perhaps the funniest ******* thing I've ever run across on this site. I guess it's technically not wrong? It only really applies via cramming how dreams operate in Dream Team (a game made in 2013) to a brief sentence in Mario 2's manual from the 80s but whatevs. I still have problems with this. For one, the bombs don't visibly destroy the dreams your in, if they really did destroy dreams, shouldn't a bomb going off just nuke the entire stage? I guess you could make an argument of the colorful flashing in the background being "the dream shaking", if you really wanted to stretch this to a ridiculous degree. Wouldn't this count for some kind of haxx anyways, since they don't just indiscriminately destroy dreams, only good ones?

I'd say the most damning thing for this "feat" would be the fact that: Everything that occurs in Mario 2 is just a dream. Not the type of dream you jump into like in Dream Team and interact with physically via Luigi's dreams opening a portal, no, it's literally just Mario's dream while he's asleep. Nothing in this game can be used for feats for the mainline Mario cast, since nothing that occurs in it actually happens or scales, lol.

9. Can this Mario Party 5 feat even be used? Bowser never actually destroys any dreams in the first place. It's not specified HOW Bowser is going to destroy the dreams either. Is he going to physically crush them? Is he going to use a machine? Is he going to use another esoteric power source to do so? There's nothing to USE here, it's just an empty threat with no feat or example to really back it up.

10. Okay this is getting ridiculous. Please, PLEASE give me the evidence for 5D Mario universes and Infinite Size shit. I've never once heard this at any point in my life and people regularly scrub the Japanese translations for Mario games since a lot of the English texts have notoriously lacked context for higher tier feats in the past, such as the English version of SM64 saying that Bowser "created" the Painting Worlds with the Power Stars, when in the Japanese version he did no such thing.

I have yet to see anything solid for Base Mario or Luigi scaling to anything Uni, especially Dream Uni stuff. I don't think mainline Mario surpasses Galaxy level via Luma Amping honestly, there isn't really anything that's not massively questionable to scale to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back