• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's a single thing you said here that isn't wrong or misconstrued in one way or another, so I guess I'll have to break this down because I'm a vitriolic fool who couldn't let a random VSBW post pass me by and had to waste a chunk of my night making a full reply:

1. Mario amplifying Dreamy Luigi's attack is just a bro move he can do to increase Luigi's spin torque during an attack, he's even completely visibly exhausted after doing it and iirc can't act again for a turn afterwards. Dreamy Luigi is pretty blatantly doing all the heavy lifting in every Giant Dream Battle. They're all Luigi's big moments to shine with Mario just kind of assisting wherever he can. It's also worth noting that M&L don't even really "defeat" him, the fight stops and the Zeekeeper commends them for fighting well, he's clearly not super beat up or even looking to be all that effected by the end of the fight. He also isn't even at full power in this fight. He was literally just awoken from a long, long slumber (I honestly forget how long the events between DT and the Pi'illo lore takes place ngl), states that he's "tired and old" after the fight ends, and visibly even remarks he's out of shape and weaker than he used to be when ONE usage of the Wakebeam completely tires him out and forces him to rest again. AGAIN, that Wakebeam that completely drained him was just to destroy a BARRIER created by the Dream Stone in the first place, not even the full might of the Stone in the first place. Base Mario does not scale to Zeekeeper at his full might when he fought against a Dark Stone empowered Antasma, and logistically doesn't even scale against the weakened Zeekeeper that appears in Dream Team.

2. In the past when Zeekeeper and Antasma fought fought, it was when Antasma had the Dark Stone, which would have empowered Antasma far more than he was during either of his fights with Mario in Dream Team, considering that the Dark Stone is supposedly a full counter in power to the Dream Stone. Mario cannot be scaled to Antasma with the Dark Stone since he obviously never fought him with it, and Antasma's full power without the Stone is completely unquantified and unknown. The best we can do is upscale him from Base Mario, since Base Mario obviously never stands a chance against him in the fight, and is even stomped by Antasma in their first encounter.

3. Mario needs the full amp of Dreamy Luigi and assistance from Dreambert in his battle with full power Antasma in the Dream World to defeat him. In fact the very example you give of Dreamy Luigi getting pulled out of Mario to lose his amp showcases the huge difference in power between Base Mario & Antasma, Base Mario's AP and Defense are severely weakened, his attacks to pitiful damage to Antasma, and the damage he takes from attacks without his amp are extremely high, he couldn't reasonably take more than a few hits without dying. If anything this showcases that Mario shouldn't be comparable to full power Antasma, since the fight goes out of its way to show how Mario is out of his depth without Dreamy Luigi & Dreambert's assistance. At best its an outlier.

4. Zeekeeper fought with a Dark Stone empowered Antasma in the past, incomparable to the Antasma we see in Dream Team itself.

5. Shattering the Dark Stone or Dream Stone likely doesn't give you AP comparable to the power they channel. They're just stones, and they're not really showcased to be anymore durable than a regular stone. Starlow has never been showcased to be a powerful entity within the series, and from memory usually gets slapped the **** around if anything. Her destroying the Dream Stone, if the stone really was as durable as the entire Dream World combined, would be more of an anti-feat for the Dream Stone if anything. There's plenty of artifacts in fictional verses that work like this, I don't think we grant them special durability unless they actually have feats of durability themselves, like surviving specific attacks or being stated to withstand an attack. Most fictional power sources get a "Unknown on its own, grants [insert level of power] to its wielder" when it comes to stats. The Dream & Dark Stone would be no different, considering both have showcased pitiful durability, since one got shattered by being crushed in someone's hand, and the other got decimated by a fodder's laser beam.

6. Dreambert's power is pretty unquantified within Dream Team as well. The only feats we really have for him are him being involved in defeating Antasma in the past (and iirc, Dreambert wasn't even able to defeat him then, they literally couldn't defeat Antasma so they had to seal him away instead), him jobbing to Antasma within a few seconds in the future, and him assisting Mario by amping/healing him in Mario's fight against Antasma. He's not really useful in any scaling here.

7. I'm 100% sure that the Mario & Luigi vs Dreamy Bowser fight is considered the biggest outlier/anti-feat in the series. Mario & Luigi were unable to break a BARRIER made by the Dream Stone not even 30 minutes earlier, to the point that they had to awaken an ancient deity to use his (current) full power to use his strongest attack to shatter said barrier. But then, just 30 minutes after this, they fight against Dreamy Bowser, who absorbed all the fragments of the Dream Stone and thus pulls upon its full might. Despite Mario on his own not being able to match Antasma's full power, despite Mario & Luigi COMBINED not even being able to destroy a BARRIER made by the Dream Stone earlier, they are suddenly able to match, and then surpass the full might of the Dream Stone, knock the power out of Bowser, and then send him packing, all in one go. It's a blatant, unavoidable outlier or anti-feat. Either this is PIS, Mario & Luigi are operating at a level they've never operated at before and never will again, or its an anti-feat to Dreamy Bowser / the Dream Stone and implies they're not actually as strong as they appear. Nothing about this feat makes sense or can be applied logically within the verse. If this feat was allowed, we could get 2C/2B Base form Classic Sonic by fighting the Phantom Egg, which was powered by the Phantom Ruby.

Take it at face value, well, that means Mario & Luigi are multiversal, oh, but also Bowser, because he physically scales above them, but wait, if he scales above them for being stronger than himself but amped, why did he even need the amp in the first place? This also means that various characters that upscale/downscale from Mario are also now Multiversal via an arbitrary circular scaling chain. Does anybody like Multiversal Phantamanta? Well that's what this feat would create. It's asinine and its why its discarded in basically every versus circle ever.

8. Universal+ Mouser is perhaps the funniest ******* thing I've ever run across on this site. I guess it's technically not wrong? It only really applies via cramming how dreams operate in Dream Team (a game made in 2013) to a brief sentence in Mario 2's manual from the 80s but whatevs. I still have problems with this. For one, the bombs don't visibly destroy the dreams your in, if they really did destroy dreams, shouldn't a bomb going off just nuke the entire stage? I guess you could make an argument of the colorful flashing in the background being "the dream shaking", if you really wanted to stretch this to a ridiculous degree. Wouldn't this count for some kind of haxx anyways, since they don't just indiscriminately destroy dreams, only good ones?

I'd say the most damning thing for this "feat" would be the fact that: Everything that occurs in Mario 2 is just a dream. Not the type of dream you jump into like in Dream Team and interact with physically via Luigi's dreams opening a portal, no, it's literally just Mario's dream while he's asleep. Nothing in this game can be used for feats for the mainline Mario cast, since nothing that occurs in it actually happens or scales, lol.

9. Can this Mario Party 5 feat even be used? Bowser never actually destroys any dreams in the first place. It's not specified HOW Bowser is going to destroy the dreams either. Is he going to physically crush them? Is he going to use a machine? Is he going to use another esoteric power source to do so? There's nothing to USE here, it's just an empty threat with no feat or example to really back it up.

10. Okay this is getting ridiculous. Please, PLEASE give me the evidence for 5D Mario universes and Infinite Size shit. I've never once heard this at any point in my life and people regularly scrub the Japanese translations for Mario games since a lot of the English texts have notoriously lacked context for higher tier feats in the past, such as the English version of SM64 saying that Bowser "created" the Painting Worlds with the Power Stars, when in the Japanese version he did no such thing.

I have yet to see anything solid for Base Mario or Luigi scaling to anything Uni, especially Dream Uni stuff. I don't think mainline Mario surpasses Galaxy level via Luma Amping honestly, there isn't really anything that's not massively questionable to scale to.
Tfw you mention 'Mario' and 'Universal' in the same sentence to Kirb.
Tumblr_l_65816281940307.gif

I don't think there's a single thing you said here that isn't wrong or misconstrued in one way or another, so I guess I'll have to break this down because I'm a vitriolic fool who couldn't let a random VSBW post pass me by and had to waste a chunk of my night making a full reply:

1. Mario amplifying Dreamy Luigi's attack is just a bro move he can do to increase Luigi's spin torque during an attack, he's even completely visibly exhausted after doing it and iirc can't act again for a turn afterwards. Dreamy Luigi is pretty blatantly doing all the heavy lifting in every Giant Dream Battle. They're all Luigi's big moments to shine with Mario just kind of assisting wherever he can. It's also worth noting that M&L don't even really "defeat" him, the fight stops and the Zeekeeper commends them for fighting well, he's clearly not super beat up or even looking to be all that effected by the end of the fight. He also isn't even at full power in this fight. He was literally just awoken from a long, long slumber (I honestly forget how long the events between DT and the Pi'illo lore takes place ngl), states that he's "tired and old" after the fight ends, and visibly even remarks he's out of shape and weaker than he used to be when ONE usage of the Wakebeam completely tires him out and forces him to rest again. AGAIN, that Wakebeam that completely drained him was just to destroy a BARRIER created by the Dream Stone in the first place, not even the full might of the Stone in the first place. Base Mario does not scale to Zeekeeper at his full might when he fought against a Dark Stone empowered Antasma, and logistically doesn't even scale against the weakened Zeekeeper that appears in Dream Team.

2. In the past when Zeekeeper and Antasma fought fought, it was when Antasma had the Dark Stone, which would have empowered Antasma far more than he was during either of his fights with Mario in Dream Team, considering that the Dark Stone is supposedly a full counter in power to the Dream Stone. Mario cannot be scaled to Antasma with the Dark Stone since he obviously never fought him with it, and Antasma's full power without the Stone is completely unquantified and unknown. The best we can do is upscale him from Base Mario, since Base Mario obviously never stands a chance against him in the fight, and is even stomped by Antasma in their first encounter.

3. Mario needs the full amp of Dreamy Luigi and assistance from Dreambert in his battle with full power Antasma in the Dream World to defeat him. In fact the very example you give of Dreamy Luigi getting pulled out of Mario to lose his amp showcases the huge difference in power between Base Mario & Antasma, Base Mario's AP and Defense are severely weakened, his attacks to pitiful damage to Antasma, and the damage he takes from attacks without his amp are extremely high, he couldn't reasonably take more than a few hits without dying. If anything this showcases that Mario shouldn't be comparable to full power Antasma, since the fight goes out of its way to show how Mario is out of his depth without Dreamy Luigi & Dreambert's assistance. At best its an outlier.

4. Zeekeeper fought with a Dark Stone empowered Antasma in the past, incomparable to the Antasma we see in Dream Team itself.

5. Shattering the Dark Stone or Dream Stone likely doesn't give you AP comparable to the power they channel. They're just stones, and they're not really showcased to be anymore durable than a regular stone. Starlow has never been showcased to be a powerful entity within the series, and from memory usually gets slapped the **** around if anything. Her destroying the Dream Stone, if the stone really was as durable as the entire Dream World combined, would be more of an anti-feat for the Dream Stone if anything. There's plenty of artifacts in fictional verses that work like this, I don't think we grant them special durability unless they actually have feats of durability themselves, like surviving specific attacks or being stated to withstand an attack. Most fictional power sources get a "Unknown on its own, grants [insert level of power] to its wielder" when it comes to stats. The Dream & Dark Stone would be no different, considering both have showcased pitiful durability, since one got shattered by being crushed in someone's hand, and the other got decimated by a fodder's laser beam.

6. Dreambert's power is pretty unquantified within Dream Team as well. The only feats we really have for him are him being involved in defeating Antasma in the past (and iirc, Dreambert wasn't even able to defeat him then, they literally couldn't defeat Antasma so they had to seal him away instead), him jobbing to Antasma within a few seconds in the future, and him assisting Mario by amping/healing him in Mario's fight against Antasma. He's not really useful in any scaling here.

7. I'm 100% sure that the Mario & Luigi vs Dreamy Bowser fight is considered the biggest outlier/anti-feat in the series. Mario & Luigi were unable to break a BARRIER made by the Dream Stone not even 30 minutes earlier, to the point that they had to awaken an ancient deity to use his (current) full power to use his strongest attack to shatter said barrier. But then, just 30 minutes after this, they fight against Dreamy Bowser, who absorbed all the fragments of the Dream Stone and thus pulls upon its full might. Despite Mario on his own not being able to match Antasma's full power, despite Mario & Luigi COMBINED not even being able to destroy a BARRIER made by the Dream Stone earlier, they are suddenly able to match, and then surpass the full might of the Dream Stone, knock the power out of Bowser, and then send him packing, all in one go. It's a blatant, unavoidable outlier or anti-feat. Either this is PIS, Mario & Luigi are operating at a level they've never operated at before and never will again, or its an anti-feat to Dreamy Bowser / the Dream Stone and implies they're not actually as strong as they appear. Nothing about this feat makes sense or can be applied logically within the verse. If this feat was allowed, we could get 2C/2B Base form Classic Sonic by fighting the Phantom Egg, which was powered by the Phantom Ruby.

Take it at face value, well, that means Mario & Luigi are multiversal, oh, but also Bowser, because he physically scales above them, but wait, if he scales above them for being stronger than himself but amped, why did he even need the amp in the first place? This also means that various characters that upscale/downscale from Mario are also now Multiversal via an arbitrary circular scaling chain. Does anybody like Multiversal Phantamanta? Well that's what this feat would create. It's asinine and its why its discarded in basically every versus circle ever.

8. Universal+ Mouser is perhaps the funniest ******* thing I've ever run across on this site. I guess it's technically not wrong? It only really applies via cramming how dreams operate in Dream Team (a game made in 2013) to a brief sentence in Mario 2's manual from the 80s but whatevs. I still have problems with this. For one, the bombs don't visibly destroy the dreams your in, if they really did destroy dreams, shouldn't a bomb going off just nuke the entire stage? I guess you could make an argument of the colorful flashing in the background being "the dream shaking", if you really wanted to stretch this to a ridiculous degree. Wouldn't this count for some kind of haxx anyways, since they don't just indiscriminately destroy dreams, only good ones?

I'd say the most damning thing for this "feat" would be the fact that: Everything that occurs in Mario 2 is just a dream. Not the type of dream you jump into like in Dream Team and interact with physically via Luigi's dreams opening a portal, no, it's literally just Mario's dream while he's asleep. Nothing in this game can be used for feats for the mainline Mario cast, since nothing that occurs in it actually happens or scales, lol.

9. Can this Mario Party 5 feat even be used? Bowser never actually destroys any dreams in the first place. It's not specified HOW Bowser is going to destroy the dreams either. Is he going to physically crush them? Is he going to use a machine? Is he going to use another esoteric power source to do so? There's nothing to USE here, it's just an empty threat with no feat or example to really back it up.

10. Okay this is getting ridiculous. Please, PLEASE give me the evidence for 5D Mario universes and Infinite Size shit. I've never once heard this at any point in my life and people regularly scrub the Japanese translations for Mario games since a lot of the English texts have notoriously lacked context for higher tier feats in the past, such as the English version of SM64 saying that Bowser "created" the Painting Worlds with the Power Stars, when in the Japanese version he did no such thing.

I have yet to see anything solid for Base Mario or Luigi scaling to anything Uni, especially Dream Uni stuff. I don't think mainline Mario surpasses Galaxy level via Luma Amping honestly, there isn't really anything that's not massively questionable to scale to.
Christ man, calm down

Also

1. During the bro attack Dreamy Luigi isn't really doing much on his own, Mario is doing most of the work in the Bros. attack, and yes the attack does leave him exhausted, but this is also the first "dream stone tier" character Mario fights, and he has better showings against later ones. As for the Zeekeeper being weakened, after the events of Dream Team he reforms the shattered fragments of the Dream Stone into the Dream Coin, before then shattering said coin, so he should still solidly be Dream Stone tier

2. He's said to have consumed multiple entire dream worlds before aquiring the Dark Stone, so Antasma's full power should still at least be Universal

3. Dreambert only heals Mario periodically, he doesn't amp him in the slightest, likewise Dreamy Luigi doesn't really amplify Mario's strength in battle, he only adds his own attacks, but regardless even if he did Mario is still capable of tanking Antasma's attacks and damaging him after being separated from Dreamy Luigi. Sure he can't outright defeat Antasma (Well, you can, but I don't know if we'd just discard that as game mechanics or what) without Dreamy Luigi's help, but he's still shown that he can at least somewhat scale

4. Antasma literally states he's at full strength in the Dream World where Mario fights him, and while sure he doesn't have the Dark Stone are we also assuming he needed to be amped by the Dark Stone to shatter the Dark Stone? Cause if so then Nintendo should sue the MCU

5. TBH we're really inconsistent with this on the wiki, sometimes this kind of feat scales you to the cosmology contained in the item, like this dude shattering an egg that contains 10,000 dimensions, and sometimes it isn't. Starlow's scaling is... kind of weird, sometimes she's portrayed as fodder, yet other times, like in iirc Paper Jam, she can actually daze the bros with an attack when they're caught in the crossfire, not to mention Peach also helped shatter the Dream Stone, and she's much more solidly on Mario's level, so it didn't exactly get shattered by fodder

6. Perhaps, but I feel the fact that Dreambert fought him at all indicates he should scale at least to some capacity (And if he really could noticeably amplify Mario's strength against full power Antasma then that just gives him more reason to scale)

7. Actually Mario and Luigi just getting much stronger over a short span of time isn't that unbelievable, and we have multiple instances of it, such as in TTYD when Mario was unable to harm the Shadow Queen and needed to be amped by the Crystal Stars to stand a chance, yet in the post-game he's able to fight and defeat Bonetail, an enemy stated to be stronger than the Shadow Queen, in base. Or in Paper Mario 64 where he fights the Koopa Bros, is pretty on par with them, then later encounters them again, where they state they've grown stronger past their wildest dreams, then immediately all get one-shot by Junior Troopa, who Mario fights evenly with. There are other examples of this but those are the most explicit

Also Multiversal Phantamanta is very based, I don't know what you're talking about

8. Because that would make for a pretty shit game if a single enemy throws a single attack and the game just ends because the dream you're in gets nuked. And yes Super Mario Bros. 2 is "just a dream," but we're pretty clearly shown that dreams in Mario are "real." As for it only destroying "good dreams," I don't know what hax it would be that wouldn't lead to Mario scaling via tanking them.

9. He never actually does it because Mario/whoever you play as stops him. Bowser himself is pretty straight-forward/brutish most of the time, and we never see him utilize any technology here, so it'd require more assumptions to say he'll pull out some dream-destroyer 3000 rather than just he'd destroy them through his own power,

10. 5-D comes from Matter Splatter Galaxy, which in the Japanese version is called a "hyperspatial street," with the kanji used specifically referring to spatial dimensions and the street itself behaving how you'd expect a 4-D object to behave within a 3-D space. (PuffyBuffy25 has a pretty good blog discussing it on the CS&P wiki)

Infinite universes comes mainly from multiple statements in Super Paper Mario of space being endless/infinite, and since planes in Mario are consistently stated to be parallel to each other, other statments of infinite/endless/bottomless worlds should apply as well, such as World 8 in Super Mario Bros 3 having bottomless pits, or the painting worlds in 64, which Mario directly compares to his own world, being called infinite/bottomless

Christ man, calm down

Also

1. During the bro attack Dreamy Luigi isn't really doing much on his own, Mario is doing most of the work in the Bros. attack, and yes the attack does leave him exhausted, but this is also the first "dream stone tier" character Mario fights, and he has better showings against later ones. As for the Zeekeeper being weakened, after the events of Dream Team he reforms the shattered fragments of the Dream Stone into the Dream Coin, before then shattering said coin, so he should still solidly be Dream Stone tier

2. He's said to have consumed multiple entire dream worlds before aquiring the Dark Stone, so Antasma's full power should still at least be Universal

3. Dreambert only heals Mario periodically, he doesn't amp him in the slightest, likewise Dreamy Luigi doesn't really amplify Mario's strength in battle, he only adds his own attacks, but regardless even if he did Mario is still capable of tanking Antasma's attacks and damaging him after being separated from Dreamy Luigi. Sure he can't outright defeat Antasma (Well, you can, but I don't know if we'd just discard that as game mechanics or what) without Dreamy Luigi's help, but he's still shown that he can at least somewhat scale

4. Antasma literally states he's at full strength in the Dream World where Mario fights him, and while sure he doesn't have the Dark Stone are we also assuming he needed to be amped by the Dark Stone to shatter the Dark Stone? Cause if so then Nintendo should sue the MCU

5. TBH we're really inconsistent with this on the wiki, sometimes this kind of feat scales you to the cosmology contained in the item, like this dude shattering an egg that contains 10,000 dimensions, and sometimes it isn't. Starlow's scaling is... kind of weird, sometimes she's portrayed as fodder, yet other times, like in iirc Paper Jam, she can actually daze the bros with an attack when they're caught in the crossfire, not to mention Peach also helped shatter the Dream Stone, and she's much more solidly on Mario's level, so it didn't exactly get shattered by fodder

6. Perhaps, but I feel the fact that Dreambert fought him at all indicates he should scale at least to some capacity (And if he really could noticeably amplify Mario's strength against full power Antasma then that just gives him more reason to scale)

7. Actually Mario and Luigi just getting much stronger over a short span of time isn't that unbelievable, and we have multiple instances of it, such as in TTYD when Mario was unable to harm the Shadow Queen and needed to be amped by the Crystal Stars to stand a chance, yet in the post-game he's able to fight and defeat Bonetail, an enemy stated to be stronger than the Shadow Queen, in base. Or in Paper Mario 64 where he fights the Koopa Bros, is pretty on par with them, then later encounters them again, where they state they've grown stronger past their wildest dreams, then immediately all get one-shot by Junior Troopa, who Mario fights evenly with. There are other examples of this but those are the most explicit

8. Because that would make for a pretty shit game if a single enemy throws a single attack and the game just ends because the dream you're in gets nuked. And yes Super Mario Bros. 2 is "just a dream," but we're pretty clearly shown that dreams in Mario are "real." As for it only destroying "good dreams," I don't know what hax it would be that wouldn't lead to Mario scaling via tanking them.

9. He never actually does it because Mario/whoever you play as stops him. Bowser himself is pretty straight-forward/brutish most of the time, and we never see him utilize any technology here, so it'd require more assumptions to say he'll pull out some dream-destroyer 3000 rather than just he'd destroy them through his own power,

10. 5-D comes from Matter Splatter Galaxy, which in the Japanese version is called a "hyperspatial street," with the kanji used specifically referring to spatial dimensions and the street itself behaving how you'd expect a 4-D object to behave within a 3-D space. (PuffyBuffy25 has a pretty good blog discussing it on the CS&P wiki)

Infinite universes comes mainly from multiple statements in Super Paper Mario of space being endless/infinite, and since planes in Mario are consistently stated to be parallel to each other, other statments of infinite/endless/bottomless worlds should apply as well, such as World 8 in Super Mario Bros 3 having bottomless pits, or the painting worlds in 64, which Mario directly compares to his own world, being called infinite/bottomless
Yeah yeah yeah mucho texto I get it. Get ready for another one.

1. Like you just said, this occurred AFTER the events of Dream Team, where he would have had plenty of time to recuperate to full power, and isn't visibly and repeatedly stated to be weaker and not at full power like during the events of Dream Team, where the pertinent and important scaling would occur. This also likely doesn’t mean anything either, since he’s just forming the fractions of the stone itself back together into a coin, and then…. Shattering the coin, and as we’ve been over and will go over again, the durability of the Dream Stone is unimpressive.

2&3. Hm I guess you can have Antasma at least being Uni then, I'll need more time to look into that, if you have the scan for when he says he consumes all these dreams that’s be helpful.

Dreamy Luigi pretty blatantly amps Mario though? Enhances his power and defense and is what actually allows him to compete in the Dream World. Its pretty abundantly clear throughout the game that Mario wouldn't be able to do jack shit without the Dreamy Luigi amps. Also doesn't remove the point in the story through gameplay and narratively that Mario wouldn't stand a chance against Antasma without the Dreamy Luigi amps or the assistance from Dreambert, considering the last time they ran into each other Mario got shitstomped. This is pretty clearly a gameplay mechanics instance.

Also yeah, Dreambert only gives heals, but its still pretty telling how out of his element Mario is that he needs not only an external amp, but also an external healer.

4. He's at full strength, yeah. I didn't debate that. He's at HIS full strength, not his AMPED strength with the Dark Stone, which would be a completely separate thing. Also the MCU actually has feats of the Infinity Stones requiring a feat of similar strength to destroy them. Thanos' statement of "only the stones could destroy the stones" and some of the Infinity stones like the stone of power being literally so powerful they could destroy lesser beings just by simply holding them are pretty good instances of that. There's nothing like that for the Dream & Dark Stone, though. Again, quite the opposite, they get shattered quite easily and there's no statements backing up their durability outside of this. There's nothing saying Antasma needed to use the power of the Dark Stone to shatter the Dark Stone, and its contradicted by the fact that the Dark Stone is directly comparable to the Dream Stone, which is visibly shattered by something of a much, much lesser strength.

5. Unless there's something showcasing or supporting that the item is physically that durable, it can't be treated as anything more than just a stone that channels a power source. A good example is the Phantom Ruby from Sonic, which is listed as "Unknown" durability on its own, but offering anywhere from 5A to 2C power sources. It's something to pay attention to on a case by case basis.

6. Dreambert fought his Bat-Form, which has... really no feats, lets be honest. His only feat is getting tossed aside by Bowser, and clashing with Dreambert, who is featless in of himself. Dreambert literally jobbed and got his ass kicked by Dream World Antasma in less than 5 seconds in a fight we don't even see. There's no scaling potential to use here.

7. There's no time-frame for post-game content. This could occur in a short period of time, or it could occur in a long period of time, we have no frame of reference for how long it took Mario to gain enough power to match Bonetail. The Koopa Bros feat is also something we can't use for scaling, because the Koopa Bros don't get to display any new feats of strength. They literally get immediately one-shot by Junior Troopa after boasting about themselves supposedly getting stronger, which if anything, just kinda shows that they're boasting. Or it's just a feat for Junior, but regardless, there's no constitution for how strong the Koopa Bros became to even scale Junior to it lol. These are both also feats for Paper Mario, which is generally shown to be a different verse from Mainline Mario from both Mario Party 5 and Paper Jam.

8. Dreams in Mario are only treated as real if you enter one in the hyper-specific way Mario enters them in Dream Team. When Luigi, a being who as you said, is very specifically synched to the Dream World, opens a portal to it for Mario to enter by sleeping. We cannot scale Mario literally dreaming about something happening to Mario's own strength in the real world.

9. Well, there's the issue. We have no qualification for how Bowser would destroy the dreams, he never even gets to do it to showcase how he would, there's no frame of reference here, it can't really be used. It's not something like say, Void Termina from Kirby, where we can scale it to its intended destruction of everything via it summoning Master Crowns which destroyed 15-16 universes onscreen, and it obviously upscaling from most beings in the verse (or the act of its death resulting in a multi-galaxy wide explosion, for instance), there's only a statement that something WILL occur, but with no showcasing of how it could occur and no showcase of it occurring at all. It's not even an instance like DBH where it was in the middle of consuming all the dreams or anything, it just never happens, so there's nothing to scale to since we have no meaningful qualification to scale to at all.

Also, one more final major thing about the Dream Stone/Dark Stone and Dreamy Bowser. They wouldn't be Multiversal anyways since they don't contain all of nightmare or all of dreams in the first place. They're just a "collection of the powers of dreams/nightmares" respectively. What do you have to thank for this? Why, the Japanese translation, of course!

10. I'll look into this hyperspace stuff, I've only got so much knowledge about higher dimensional shit but I have serious doubts the Marioverse would get 5D cosmology off of this one galaxy. I really like this one though so I don't mind listening to its theme for a minute.

Mario was almost Popeye, that's probably why. Mario only came about because a licensing deal for Popeye went sour. Mario, Pauline, and Donkey Kong were all generally designed after Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Bluto.

Last edited:
This is so ******* funny because this is an exact, perfect descriptor of Kirby vs Yuuma. Yuuma has literally every single advantage in the fight besides arsenal variety, but Kirby happens to exploit a very, very specific weakness of hers that would instantly win him the fight.
Now I want Kirby vs Yuuma Toutetsu more now than before.

Such logic cannot be applied for Kirby vs Yuyuko Saigyouji right?

Is this region locked for yall?

Not locked for Australians and New Zealanders. Everyone can hear now and acquire the music in their own means.

Majin Buu could fight Kirby again, though I feel that the only problem of that episode is the feats of both.

For Amphibia, Anne Boonchuy has Movie Sonic, Luz Noceda, Dragon Ball Evolution Goku. Marcy Wu may have Mako Mankanshoku though they have opposite personality and I have picked Marcy against a Resident Evil fan game character which could be better opponent.

Last edited:

Nope. It's a very, very specific weakness of Yuuma's to emotional/emphatic/morality manipulation through her absorption abilities, Yuyuko has resistances to it I believe?

Yuuma is noted to be very specifically affect/influenced by what she absorbs, the entire plot of 17.5 occurs because her absorbing the petroleum for knowledge was inherently making her greedy, thus wanting more of it despite the consequences.

Kirby typically tries to befriend someone first before beating their face in, and no matter what, would EVENTUALLY try a method of befriending. Either very, very early on in the fight he would huck the heart at Yuuma, or at some point later on in the fight he would throw it at her, and she would just absorb it not thinking much of it. Boom, she loses the fight right then and there. Her specific weakness to being emotionally/mentally affected by absorption gets exploited right there, because she'll be HEAVILY affected by the Friend Hearts' abilities. It'd be a full blown incap at that point, she wouldn't want to fight anymore.

Yuuma's fighting style (so far, based on what we know of her) isn't exactly someone to go for an immediate speed blitz or anything either. She typically kinda lets her opponent pelt her with attacks, absorbing them, and then just powering through whatever they throw at her with her own abilities. A very overwhelming force type of character. She probably wouldn't think anything of Kirby tossing the Friend Heart at her and would fall victim to it.

So even though Yuuma logistically holds nearly every advantage besides sheer arsenal variety (cause lets be honest, almost nobody is beating Kirby at that), she's stronger, faster, can negg most of his arsenal via her absorption, she'd be damn near unkillable to him via mid-godly regen & youkai immortality, and she'd be able to bypass his low-godly regen via soul destruction via Spirit Manip or just outright consuming his soul via her absorption after his death, she loses solely because Kirby happens to have a perfect, god given way to exploit her one, very specific weakness. This had to be intentional on ZUN's part or something because how the ****.

Sorry if this ain't the thread to ask since I'm not sure where I'd go to for this question, if anyone here does know it'd be appreciated.

But does anyone know of LotR feats of the epidome of the verses powers, such as the maiars, balrogs, sauron and as such? p.s I wanna know stuff on how strong balrogs are other than I know durins bane is like the alpha male amonst them

Sorry if this ain't the thread to ask since I'm not sure where I'd go to for this question, if anyone here does know it'd be appreciated.

But does anyone know of LotR feats of the epidome of the verses powers, such as the maiars, balrogs, sauron and as such? p.s I wanna know stuff on how strong balrogs are other than I know durins bane is like the alpha male amonst them

Also, I do believe that Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan would be helpful in this.

Also just realized I forgot to pick at these.

the space zone from SPM I could maybe buy as infinite, I think it might need more than two statements, though. This would still only be H3A/L2C at best tho.

last I checked, Prima Guides are not trustworthy sources for scaling. The SMG prima guides notably caused issues in that they claimed Bowser wanted to “use his Galaxy generator to destroy the universe then recreate it” which would have been L2C, when that was explicitly never his stated intention in game, he just wanted to create his own Galaxy in the center of the universe and then rule over it. Mind you this is while simultaneously making Bowser weaker than the Grand Star by saying that he couldn’t handle the full grand stars power, alongside the power within the Galaxy generator which was how you injured him, thus making him not even able to be scaled to 3C via being unable to handle it. Prima Guides are tertiary sources as the best, if not completely unusable due to contradictory information.

Using bottomless pits for scaling is completely asinine, though. That would imply infinitely sized planets, which as a concept wouldn’t be able to sustain itself without imploding on itself. Bottomless pits in platformers are not used for cosmology for incredibly obvious reasons unless there’s very specific circumstances. Most of the scans you attached look like they’re from prima guides as well, which kills your argument, or…. Are untranslated scans, which don’t help your argument. I still fail to see how one of the painting worlds in M64 potentially being infinite off of a single statement would scale to any kind of AP or speed though? Bowser didn’t create Shifting Sand Land or anything like that so it wouldn’t apply for him. This would just be an example of a large cosmological space existing that nobody would scale to.

Never understood why prima stuff or the mario 64 worlds get brought up for scaling Mario characters when you got more blatant (And honestly cooler) stuff like Bowser being completely unaffected by the gravitational pull of a nearby black hole that was sucking in planets in MP9 until he gets weakened enough for it to drag him in, Ganon could never handle the same force

Never understood why prima stuff or the mario 64 worlds get brought up for scaling Mario characters when you got more blatant (And honestly cooler) stuff like Bowser being completely unaffected by the gravitational pull of a nearby black hole that was sucking in planets in MP9 until he gets weakened enough for it to drag him in, Ganon could never handle the same force
Mario pretty consistently shows stuff in the tier 6-4 range I don’t really have problems with that. It’s just that everything past Galaxy level is either wildly misconstrued, a gargantuan **** off outlier, not even actually universal (dream stone, black jewel, base dimentio, etc) or completely ambiguous and unclear (sammer kingdom, Galaxy 1 ending)

pure hearts and Megabug are the only solid 2C things here really, and neither should scale to mainline Mario

funnily enough king boo has a completely valid 3A feat but it’s non applicable due to it being overtime environmental destruction from a portal being left open causing a dimensional collapse, so it obviously doesn’t scale

I'm aware of the universal quint C stuff off of piloting Starship Mario but where did the 10x multiplier come from.

And how does the uni dreams stuff scale to any of the characters outside of Zeekeeper iirc?
Lifting Bowser after he gained the weight of 10 Bowsers, an explicit 10 times statement. Base couldn't do it, but a Power Star enabled him to.

It's because Uni to Multi isn't that big of a jump for the people there and it's consistent within the entirety of Dream Team. Also, the Dream Depot is literally IN the main universe. Don't know if you missed that. It means it gets destroyed every time someone can destroy the universe too.

Megabug is getting scaled to Mario in DB. Lumas and Rosalina scaling as well, which either or are definitely Uni at this point. Mario + Rabbids proves her shield isn't passive and made from her magic. AP can logically scale according to them. Cursa made a whole dimension connected to the main one.

I find a lot of the arguments extreme nitpicking as well.

And no, it's not the same as Kirby with Void Termina because the AD "feat" is literally anything but blatant. It's extremely vague and the sources "backing" it can be interpreted in other ways, like the collapse just referring to that specific part of AD and not the whole thing since it's unstable and was collapsing in different places throughout RtDL even BEFORE you fight anyone with the Master Crown. And Magolor's death never happened either.

And Void having a "destroy everything" statement has literally no timeframe, no specifications as to how whatsoever. It's one of the most vague statements I've seen and has the exact same problems as Bowser's Dream Depot stuff since "ruin" is also used. It literally amazes me that Kirby gets so much benefit of the doubt AND ******* guides to support powers and abilities and statements but when Mario does it it's blasphemy.

Dreams have been blatantly called Uni multiple times. The Dream World is at least 2-C via having other dimensions and being comparable to the real world and basically considered a parallel dimension. They couldn't shatter the barrier because they used their wish to make an impenetrable barrier, which only the Wakebeam could break through. It's basically a case of not having the hax not AP

Paper Mario is literally on par with Base Mario so saying "they're different" doesn't work here. Antasma does eat dreams and I'll find the statement.

Last edited:
And sorry for the triple post but expect major Metroid donwplay if they get on DB again. They're apparently seen as Town and MHS only now but I really hope the actual research team feels differently

Jason Voorhees won for Pamela's sake.
Next time is Sauron vs Arthas the Lich King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back