• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The track ends in rock….

Burgerking…. you…. You’re a genius…

Also this is DEFINITELY one of those tracks that coincides more with the fight itself than something you’d listen to on your own. I really like the sections that are reminiscent of The Lineman, I’d love an entire song of JUST that ngl, but this track seems like it’ll service the battle flawlessly based on how much it shifts back and forth to different styles, this fight is probably gonna be crazy lol
I just want an awesome ending-and if I did call it-then that's even more awesome. I do expect if that's really the ending, for it to be less dramatic

Definitely curious on what the connections are, I'm not too familiar with Skeletor.

I do wonder does DB just flat-out burn out viewers. The big 10-20+ millers are mostly old eps, could they really have burned off too many bridges over the years lol
It's a matter of time, really. Those old DBs were just around for so much longer, so more people have had the chance to see them. Also, that's a pretty narrow viewpoint, since some older episodes really don't compare to newer ones in terms of popularity. Diocard passed 4 million in less than a year, while Lucario vs Renamon, Cammy vs Sonya, and Metal Sonic vs Zero are over 5 years old and are struggling to pass that threshold, just as an example.

Also damn, TrunksSilver really do be slipping. Prolly not getting 1.5 mil in 2 weeks.

I do wonder does DB just flat-out burn out viewers. The big 10-20+ millers are mostly old eps, could they really have burned off too many bridges over the years lol
honestly, i think their decision of making it DBH vs AS version of the fight may have bit them in the ass. No way that a capeshit fight would outview it. I think combine that with the less popular character winning is what suppressed the video. People wanted the canon version of the fight, not the AU versions. That's my theories anyways

Bondwick is proof they still have people tuning in this second half so it's not like an episode like Excaliaden killed the momentum.

I expect Jason vs Michael to be a hit, by the fact so many people want it and it appeals to the more casual audience. Spongebob episode will probably do above average. We shall see

Definitely curious on what the connections are, I'm not too familiar with Skeletor.
Both a long time ago were the brothers of the protagonist's father/grandparent (Jonathan Joestar and King Randor). Both were unbelievably jealous of their brother and were corrupted by this jealousy and overall their darker more vindictive disposition, both meddled and tampered with things they did not truly understand resulting in their permanent physical change both becoming horrific undead monsters due to this tampering but instead of feeling angered by this cruel twist of fate they embrace it truly becoming the monsters they were destined to become (Dio becoming a vampire via the stone mask and Skeletor becoming a skeleton faced warlock by messing with dark magic). They then tried to fight against their brother but failed in some manner and then proceeded to swear revenge not only against their brother but in particular their brother's bloodline resulting in them holding a grudge and building their power up for decades in order to eventually come back at their brother or more particularly their brother's family. Eventually when they do come back they go head to head with one of their brothers descendants, a young man of imposing stature and physique and inherited mystical powers which allow them to not only project/switch into an alternate persona of even greater power but also the power needed to not just overpower but eventually defeat our bad guy (Jotaro and his stand abilities star Platinum and Prince Adam and the power sword allowing him to transform into He-Man). However this fight for this young protagonist is not easy as our antagonist has an army of super powered individuals who have dedicated their lives to these dark Lords including a right hand woman who is an evil mystic, a left hand man who's a horrific monster and a cavalcade of other wacky strange and surprisingly powerful and sometimes terrifying characters, (Enya the Hag and evil Lyn and Vanilla Ice and Beast Man). Both also possess in some way a dark reflection of the hero's power (Dio with the world and Skeletor with the dark half of the power sword) which makes our heroes struggle all the more harrowing against these indomitable powerhouses of arcane and occult things and truly diabolically evil persuasion. Eventually they are defeated but not only do the echoes of their villainous acts continue to reverberate for eternities against our hero and his family but in some form they both come back and when they do they are far beyond anything that are protagonists have dealt with before ascending to a state of near godhood, above everyone who comes against them (Dio over heaven and Skeletor unleashed, among a few other super forms of his). And with this power they enact a brutal retribution forcing our Heroes into situations where they must team up with other heroes from their own history and even beyond it in order to defeat This truly unstoppable new form of their old adversary for hopefully the final time. Also both are 80s supervillains from franchises well known for their handsome muscle men, pretty women, weird and often nonsensical characters, surprisingly deep lore and poses lots and lots of poses. One is from a sci-fi fantasy franchise the other is from a modern-day fantasy franchise, one manages to kill their brother the other doesn't, one's young relative adversary is a constantly pissed off manly man while the other is an ever jovial smiley guy, one is traditionally shown with the color palette of warmer colors while the other is traditionally shown with the color palette of colder colors.

It's my guilty pleasure MU of sorts

Both a long time ago were the brothers of the protagonist's father/grandparent (Jonathan Joestar and King Randor). Both were unbelievably jealous of their brother and were corrupted by this jealousy and overall their darker more vindictive disposition, both meddled and tampered with things they did not truly understand resulting in their permanent physical change both becoming horrific undead monsters due to this tampering but instead of feeling angered by this cruel twist of fate they embrace it truly becoming the monsters they were destined to become (Dio becoming a vampire via the stone mask and Skeletor becoming a skeleton faced warlock by messing with dark magic). They then tried to fight against their brother but failed in some manner and then proceeded to swear revenge not only against their brother but in particular their brother's bloodline resulting in them holding a grudge and building their power up for decades in order to eventually come back at their brother or more particularly their brother's family. Eventually when they do come back they go head to head with one of their brothers descendants, a young man of imposing stature and physique and inherited mystical powers which allow them to not only project/switch into an alternate persona of even greater power but also the power needed to not just overpower but eventually defeat our bad guy (Jotaro and his stand abilities star Platinum and Prince Adam and the power sword allowing him to transform into He-Man). However this fight for this young protagonist is not easy as our antagonist has an army of super powered individuals who have dedicated their lives to these dark Lords including a right hand woman who is an evil mystic, a left hand man who's a horrific monster and a cavalcade of other wacky strange and surprisingly powerful and sometimes terrifying characters, (Enya the Hag and evil Lyn and Vanilla Ice and Beast Man). Both also possess in some way a dark reflection of the hero's power (Dio with the world and Skeletor with the dark half of the power sword) which makes our heroes struggle all the more harrowing against these indomitable powerhouses of arcane and occult things and truly diabolically evil persuasion. Eventually they are defeated but not only do the echoes of their villainous acts continue to reverberate for eternities against our hero and his family but in some form they both come back and when they do they are far beyond anything that are protagonists have dealt with before ascending to a state of near godhood, above everyone who comes against them (Dio over heaven and Skeletor unleashed, among a few other super forms of his). And with this power they enact a brutal retribution forcing our Heroes into situations where they must team up with other heroes from their own history and even beyond it in order to defeat This truly unstoppable new form of their old adversary for hopefully the final time. Also both are 80s supervillains from franchises well known for their handsome muscle men, pretty women, weird and often nonsensical characters, surprisingly deep lore and poses lots and lots of poses. One is from a sci-fi fantasy franchise the other is from a modern-day fantasy franchise, one manages to kill their brother the other doesn't, one's young relative adversary is a constantly pissed off manly man while the other is an ever jovial smiley guy, one is traditionally shown with the color palette of warmer colors while the other is traditionally shown with the color palette of colder colors.

It's my guilty pleasure MU of sorts
That's.... surprisingly thematic lmao, you can consider me a supporter of this MU too :v

Remember how Smashor tried to make a Sans tier list with his every single MU? Well, I tried to do the same for Dio, I didn't really manage to put every Dio MU on the list but still this list is ******* huge
I regret wasting my time on this
0nvd1rirf0u91.png
Where would you put his Josona MU?

Also damn, TrunksSilver really do be slipping. Prolly not getting 1.5 mil in 2 weeks.

It's a matter of time, really. Those old DBs were just around for so much longer, so more people have had the chance to see them. Also, that's a pretty narrow viewpoint, since some older episodes really don't compare to newer ones in terms of popularity. Diocard passed 4 million in less than a year, while Lucario vs Renamon, Cammy vs Sonya, and Metal Sonic vs Zero are over 5 years old and are struggling to pass that threshold, just as an example.
honestly, i think their decision of making it DBH vs AS version of the fight may have bit them in the ass. No way that a capeshit fight would outview it. I think combine that with the less popular character winning is what suppressed the video. People wanted the canon version of the fight, not the AU versions. That's my theories anyways

Bondwick is proof they still have people tuning in this second half so it's not like an episode like Excaliaden killed the momentum.

I expect Jason vs Michael to be a hit, by the fact so many people want it and it appeals to the more casual audience. Spongebob episode will probably do above average. We shall see
I always feel YT shit algorithm plays apart for some of the videos not doing as well as it should given it was trending 6th when it came out

I feel Sonic Frontier coming out will help it in views

a VS show dedicated to killing off popular characters will always be controversial and turn people off. A very popular solution to this would be alternative endings, but I stand with DB decision to avoid them.
It probably would've been better if it didn't have to resort to the loser being killed just the usual

KO,draw or Death

Honestly I keep thinking 🤔
We know Ben and Chad don't seem to care too Much about the views these days just want to have fun (Like most of us) but it's kinda a job at this point for them and we know the higher ups sure as hell do care about the views

Hell Ultraguy and Speedy even mentioned this last year as much they want to do obscure MU and such there's the old "will they draw tho?"

I want to know what's the bar minimum of a successful episode and what's a damn flop to them and the higher ups?

Honestly I keep thinking 🤔
We know Ben and Chad don't seem to care too Much about the views these days just want to have fun (Like most of us) but it's kinda a job at this point for them and we know the higher ups sure as hell do care about the views

Hell Ultraguy and Speedy even mentioned this last year as much they want to do obscure MU and such there's the old "will they draw tho?"

I want to know what's the bar minimum of a successful episode and what's a damn flop to them and the higher ups?
Well I think that’s easy.

Compare Death Battle views to Rooster Teeth views and you can probably guess that most episodes are fine

I must say, I never seen a sneak peek being re-uploaded on different channels/websites this much. I seen the SpongeAqua sneak peek show up on twitter/tiktok and through multiple channels on youtube recommended. Also this episode's prediction videos view counts are mostly higher than all episodes this season, including Omnilander. Good signs.

Based on the sneak peek and the track, this episode may end up being my favorite this season.

I must say, I never seen a sneak peek being re-uploaded on different channels/websites this much. I seen the SpongeAqua sneak peek show up on twitter/tiktok and through multiple channels on youtube recommended. Also this episode's prediction videos view counts are mostly higher than all episodes this season, including Omnilander. Good signs.

Based on the sneak peek and the track, this episode may end up being my favorite this season.
Does help that the sneak peek by itself is damn hilarious to watch.

It's probably partially due to everyone agree on the outcome while also not really have a side, like no one really cares that one of the worst version of Aquaman is going to get murked. Everyone agrees on the outcome and everyone is rooting for it as well, there is no loosing side.

They probably forced OmniLander tbh
You know as much as I though OmniLander was a stupid match and preferred Omniman vs Injustice Superman I think the match is kinda just shows that a stupid dumb match that dumb as hell can be extreemely profitable if it's popular. Sometimes the popular match is better then the better match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back