• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver winning with a godlike episode on top of that helped a lot. Being a massive SpongeBob fan growing up (as likely everyone else here did) I know I’m gonna get a joy out of this episode very few others would elicit. The fact it’s replicating the vibe of the show so well is so good.

very excited to see if they can keep this momentum going after this ep, if the Halloween episode is Jason v Micheal that one has a lot riding on it, then we’ve got a wildcard penultimate episode and the finale, will they just keep hitting home runs?
Don't forget the most important episode.
gru_vs_megamind_by_inklingmain_deg0r90-fullview.jpg

it what happens when you continue the series beyond it's expiration date
if it ended at s3+movie nothing would challenge it
I agree, but I guess all that Spongebob revenue couldn't be passed up on so here we are today.
jason_voorhees_vs_michael_myers_by_cargo0rising_detc4w2-fullview.jpg
Faa4cqUWYAAL65J
I need DB to deliver on these two
Honestly, as much of a legacy MU like Jason vs Michael is warranted I think it'll be very hard pressed to get good fight choreography from it mainly since Jason vs Michael are designed to be slower killers who don't get to do much absurd shit like someone like a Freddy Krueger could do.
Though if they want good choreography, they need to include other objects in the arena outside a machete and knife

Maybe instead of cool stunts and acrobatics, the fight can revolve around how much they brutalize each other? Use from their weapons to every object around to be as violent as possible when trying to kill each other.

I agree, but I guess all that Spongebob revenue couldn't be passed up on so here we are today.

Honestly, as much of a legacy MU like Jason vs Michael is warranted I think it'll be very hard pressed to get good fight choreography from it mainly since Jason vs Michael are designed to be slower killers who don't get to do much absurd shit like someone like a Freddy Krueger could do.
Though if they want good choreography, they need to include other objects in the arena outside a machete and knife
I say they can take alot of reference's from this fight version

Trunks vs Silver @1.2m still? Yikes, even AdamApoc did better. Trunks losing must have been a very unpopular decision, not reflected in the likes/dislikes ratio.

Hopefully SpongeCHAD and JasonMicheal brings back the view counts

Should Trunkssilver be listed as another vidya MU flop/underwhelming episode?
I find it odd given Vegeta and Goku Black episode did well even though they lost those fights

So Trunks losing must've been a deal breaker there or something like focusing on the OP incarnation instead of Canon May have not drawn that much interest
Honestly I also blame for the fact Death battle needs to advertise there series better. Like the marketing for DB is near none existence
This too they don't hype up an episode as well as they should

Just previews and a sneak peak

They need to do better to draw up some hype

Trunks vs Silver @1.2m still? Yikes, even AdamApoc did better. Trunks losing must have been a very unpopular decision, not reflected in the likes/dislikes ratio.

Hopefully SpongeCHAD and JasonMicheal brings back the view counts

Should Trunkssilver be listed as another vidya MU flop/underwhelming episode?
Idk, 1+ mil in a week doesn’t seem too bad, and Dragon Ball episodes only ever grow in views, they tend to have a faster growth rate than most eps.

AquaSponge is definitely more likely to end up doing incredibly well this season, I think it’ll probably be the second best performing episode this season, potentially best performing.

but yeah, RT needs to find better methods of advertising their episodes.

The episode trended 6th on yt yet gonna be sitting at 1.3 Mil by the end of the night

YT algorithm sucks

Oh SpongeBob preview is at 202k
Silver winning probably did hurt the views a lot, I’ve been seeing a lot of “THEYRE BIASED AGAINST ANIME/DB” opinions spreading
Even though that's dumb as ****, Trunks losing to a guy who he made his bitch in all vs shows/fanmade fights doesn't help

Also Ian disagreeing it with gave peeps ammunition

Silver winning probably did hurt the views a lot, I’ve been seeing a lot of “THEYRE BIASED AGAINST ANIME/DB” opinions spreading
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet, it's only been a week. That's a pretty standard reaction in the fanbase whenever anyone loses (sadly), difference being if you're actually looking around people's opinions and comments on a particular battle so you actually notice the noisy bad apples in the fandom.

EDIT: Also, don't want to be self-righteous or anything, but careful not to buy our own speculation as facts, dudes. This is quickly mutating from "maybe the DB has few views because Trunks lost" to "the DB is unpopular because fanboys can't accept Trunks lost".

Overall the episode looking to be 1.3Mil by the end of the night early Wednesday morning

AquaSponge and JasonMichael May need to pull an Omnilander performances

Yeah it's definitely because Trunks lost lol, the notion of DB mistreating OP anime characters/Dragon Ball characters I think has spreaded more recently, and it'd be the same here. Also possible that the idea of DBH character losing to a sonic character is absurd since many think DBH are exposed to be OP asf characters that break the conventional rules of the canon series and then DB gave them finite speed moment

Last edited:
Yeah it's definitely because Trunks lost lol, the notion of DB mistreating OP anime characters/Dragon Ball characters I think has spreaded more recently, and it'd be the same here. Also possible that the idea of DBH character losing to a sonic character is absurd since many think DBH are exposed to be OP asf characters that break the conventional rules of the canon series and then DB gave them finite speed moment
I guess you can't really override one's arguments against someone else's emotions but IMO even if I disagree I'll still be fair and watch the results to see their side and why insert character here wins.
Honestly, this may be untrue but I honestly believe that a lot of these fans on the Youtube video's comment section or Reddit don't actually the pre analysis and post analysis of the videos and just skipped to the fight, then act all shocked when their character ends up losing

Again, don't want to be dickish about it, but is there any proof that's the reason at all? Someone suggested Trunks losing might be the reason and we just ate it up and started pointing fingers. A loud set of the fans of the loser making noise is pretty standard for any Death Battle, but no fandom is exactly clean in that regard (Sonic fandom had a pretty bad one with Mario vs Sonic 2, for example). If you go around looking for angry reactions in places know to be toxic like twitter and youtube comments you will find them.

Again, don't want to be dickish about it, but is there any proof that's the reason at all? Someone suggested Trunks losing might be the reason and we just ate it up and started pointing fingers. A loud set of the fans of the loser making noise is pretty standard for any Death Battle, but no fandom is exactly clean in that regard (Sonic fandom had a pretty bad one with Mario vs Sonic 2, for example). If you go around looking for angry reactions in places know to be toxic like twitter and youtube comments you will find them.
I’ve personally seen it as a more common sentiment than usual. Death Battle verdict drama typically doesn’t reach my twitter feed but I was seeing droves of “never watching DB again” tweets and people complaining abt it unprompted, people had decided on the verdict as soon as it was announced. A handful of reaction vids seemed upset/unsure of trunks lost, etc etc.

also tbh Sonic fans can have that outburst they got handed a family guy skit where their character is treated as a ******* loser, gets called gay, and then dies. **** MvS2.

I wouldn't jump the gun just yet, it's only been a week. That's a pretty standard reaction in the fanbase whenever anyone loses (sadly), difference being if you're actually looking around people's opinions and comments on a particular battle so you actually notice the noisy bad apples in the fandom.

EDIT: Also, don't want to be self-righteous or anything, but careful not to buy our own speculation as facts, dudes. This is quickly mutating from "maybe the DB has few views because Trunks lost" to "the DB is unpopular because fanboys can't accept Trunks lost".
Not blaming it solely on that aspect at all, it’s just a possible contributor.

I don’t really think the episode is underperforming. It made the biggest social media splash I’ve seen of any recent Death Battle and hade a million views in a week and hit the top 10 in YT trending, and is only going to grow in popularity overtime since it’s likely an episode with search result staying power, Sonic and DB will remain relevant and will only draw in more views. Expect a viewership boost when Frontiers hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back