• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aquaman's preview is interesting

They are going over Pre-Crisis abilities and feats and backstory and what not, but at the same time they're like "Well, that's comics only, in the cartoons he can only do X, that's only in the comics etc". Calcs so far is Mach 1.5 swimming feat. Aquaman telepathy can control alien aquatic beings in the cartoon. Water-based attacks will be ineffective against Aquaman.

Me thinks they might actually give Aquaman comics stuff to make it closer, or it's just there to double down on "Aquaman in the cartoon is super lame"

Not really?

People can want characters in DB even if it means losing.
People can randomly pick characters to fight sure. But a MU can still be less attractive if the power level and hax wall differences are so big it is not even a debate. There will be many other factors to take into account. I am saying that the hatred against stompy MUs is still there despite the love for other factors can outweigh it in overall.

cae777aa-fcbe-4c9a-862d-f5a48a88a623

Poor Ammy loses all her MUs, but I still want to see her on DB.
This is a bummer.

But against whom does she die least hard?

mwom4goiw3t91.jpg

Garou VS Midora (One-Punch Man VS Toriko)

Any opinion on this MU? And do anyone now the connections (beside them are able to copy other techniques/abilities)?
Anyone wishes Toriko be more popular? A few but notable matchups are floating around but Toriko characters are who members who are just who even in Japan.

Crash vs Kao when?

I need to find someone work on some Kao the Kangaroo profiles.

I am sure I have built one discussion thread.

Behold Kao the Kangaroo vs Roger Sr and Kangaskhan vs Roger Jr with mom

They are going over Pre-Crisis abilities and feats and backstory and what not, but at the same time they're like "Well, that's comics only, in the cartoons he can only do X, that's only in the comics etc". Calcs so far is Mach 1.5 swimming feat. Aquaman telepathy can control alien aquatic beings in the cartoon. Water-based attacks will be ineffective against Aquaman.

Me thinks they might actually give Aquaman comics stuff to make it closer, or it's just there to double down on "Aquaman in the cartoon is super lame"
Love how limiting specific incarnations can make a MU so spiteful it is funny.

Didn't Nemesis say he wanted them to do something like this, bring up feats for a character who has nothing to do with a match.

Can I help?

Throw me links/descriptions, I'll see if Xeno JRPGs have anyone
Oh, **** this, I take back my statement, I sometimes forget people make MUs not only cuz it's their best but also for fun
But anyways X is dr Light's final robot and the leader of Maverick Hunters, by all means he's a reploid (A robot who acts just like a human) but since he was made before actual reploids technically speaking he's still a robot. He fights off another robot faction in his world, mavericks, who are like reploids but evil. He wants so that peace could finally be found in his world and people could just go-exist with reploid (Unfortunately for him, this goal wouldn't be achieved till 100 years). Also apparently he's a pacifist, but after he beats maverick bosses, they straight up explode, doesn't really scream pacifistic.

Huh, seems like this is gonna be a joke episode of a cartoon god going against a lame guy, hope the fight makes the execution fun.

But anyways X is dr Light's final robot and the leader of Maverick Hunters, by all means he's a reploid (A robot who acts just like a human) but since he was made before actual reploids technically speaking he's still a robot. He fights off another robot faction in his world, mavericks, who are like reploids but evil. He wants so that peace could finally be found in his world and people could just go-exist with reploid (Unfortunately for him, this goal wouldn't be achieved till 100 years). Also apparently he's a pacifist, but after he beats maverick bosses, they straight up explode, doesn't really scream pacifistic.

Gonna be honest, that's kinda a Noah MU lmao. Cradles and artificial life lean hard in that direction.

Oh, **** this, I take back my statement, I sometimes forget people make MUs not only cuz it's their best but also for fun
To be fair X does try to talk out things, but all he gets is mockery for it while being stuck with "you kill that Maverick or that Maverick kills 1000 people. Your pick".

I think his normal speaking lines work well enough, it's his impression of Spongebob's laugh that takes me out.
Yeah the laugh is pretty blegh but the voice impression is pretty good.

holy **** the preview was really good tho??? The setup was great, the comedy was on point, the whole thing felt like a SpongeBob episode, I like how the fight takes place during the events of BFBB, it works for a setup for a mistake fight, and holy shit the battle track sounds excellent??? Sounds like Therewolf, it sounds like he went EXTREMELY in on this track, like absurdly high effort, it sounds right out of a SpongeBob episode.

this might be the 2nd 10/10 episode for me this season, back to back as well!

I think his normal speaking lines work well enough, it's his impression of Spongebob's laugh that takes me out.
That moment where Spongebob comes out with the red headgear and gloves, and I instantly have a flashback to my much younger days, when I watched the episode it came from. Damnit, I'm getting reeled in to watch this MU via nothing but pure nostalgia.

Also holy shit the expression work on SpongeBob is insane, absolutely incredible work, even the little stuff like the way his face stretches and squishes and jiggles back into place after Aquaman’s punches

Yeah the laugh is pretty blegh but the voice impression is pretty good.

holy **** the preview was really good tho??? The setup was great, the comedy was on point, the whole thing felt like a SpongeBob episode, I like how the fight takes place during the events of BFBB, it works for a setup for a mistake fight, and holy shit the battle track sounds excellent??? Sounds like Therewolf, it sounds like he went EXTREMELY in on this track, like absurdly high effort, it sounds right out of a SpongeBob episode.

this might be the 2nd 10/10 episode for me this season, back to back as well!
Kirbonic eating good lol. First silver wins and he gets a banger episode after this.

Kirbonic eating good lol. First silver wins and he gets a banger episode after this.
Silver winning with a godlike episode on top of that helped a lot. Being a massive SpongeBob fan growing up (as likely everyone else here did) I know I’m gonna get a joy out of this episode very few others would elicit. The fact it’s replicating the vibe of the show so well is so good.

very excited to see if they can keep this momentum going after this ep, if the Halloween episode is Jason v Micheal that one has a lot riding on it, then we’ve got a wildcard penultimate episode and the finale, will they just keep hitting home runs?

Silver winning with a godlike episode on top of that helped a lot. Being a massive SpongeBob fan growing up (as likely everyone else here did) I know I’m gonna get a joy out of this episode very few others would elicit. The fact it’s replicating the vibe of the show so well is so good.

very excited to see if they can keep this momentum going after this ep, if the Halloween episode is Jason v Micheal that one has a lot riding on it, then we’ve got a wildcard penultimate episode and the finale, will they just keep hitting home runs?
and sauron episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back