• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
******* hell imma need dem Sonic fans to come in with that Frontier Hype to help with that episode view count đź—ż
i'll give it a month to see how it looks
ApocAdam may get a boost from the upcoming black adam movie and AquaSponge and JasonMyers could help with their upcoming episodes
Yeah good luck with that, Silver isn't even Frontiers (by the looks of it he won't even be an Easter egg) and like the DB episode has already explicitly shown the comics have been treating Silver way better than the games have for years now (literally robbed of his MC status because "06 bad wah"). So much for Sonic Team saying they have "plans" for Silver (A statement they made over five years ago and counting lol!).

I’ve personally seen it as a more common sentiment than usual. Death Battle verdict drama typically doesn’t reach my twitter feed but I was seeing droves of “never watching DB again” tweets and people complaining abt it unprompted, people had decided on the verdict as soon as it was announced. A handful of reaction vids seemed upset/unsure of trunks lost, etc etc.

also tbh Sonic fans can have that outburst they got handed a family guy skit where their character is treated as a ******* loser, gets called gay, and then dies. **** MvS2.
Mario should have called him bi instead

That episode was basically Luigi vs Tails except the Sonic character gets bullied instead of the Mario character (Speaking of which, that’s my main gripe with Mario DBs, while they’re 4-4 and don’t have anywhere close to the worst record on the show, most of their episodes are bad to mid and there isn’t a single Mario DB that I think is really good)

That episode was basically Luigi vs Tails except the Sonic character gets bullied instead of the Mario character (Speaking of which, that’s my main gripe with Mario DBs, while they’re 4-4 and don’t have anywhere close to the worst record on the show, most of their episodes are bad to mid and there isn’t a single Mario DB that I think is really good)
Maybe Luigi vs Pacman will change that

Is The MU spiteful enough though? As if everyone wants Omni-Man to torture and execute Homelander and everyone wants a DC character be murdered by a non-Marvel character.

Stomps are good as long as they are spiteful enough. That a love on spite strong enough can sometimes negate the hatred against stompy power and hax differences. But the effect is still there.
I suppose the yellow brick is from a comedy verse, so the spite can be funny.

Dragon Ball could have more wins.

Agreed, I'm especially miffed how Bowser and Donkey Kong got treated (I keep forgetting DK even appeared on DB at all). Even tho Wario lost, he definitely got the best DB of the Mario Bros reps in terms of overall quality imo (which isn't saying much when MvS2 is hard carried by it's animation and little else, DK Vs Knux is forgettable and the rest suffer from the "early seasons syndrome").

Whoever the next Mario Bros rep is:

*Luigi R2
*Peach R2
*Rosalina
*Paper Mario
Etc

DB better be on they A game in that episode because in retrospect it's kinda jarring that THE videogame franchise has had pretty subpar representation so far.
Maybe Luigi vs Pacman will change that
Wanna bet?

__ultraman_zero_and_gamma_2_dragon_ball_and_5_more_drawn_by_ks_minusks__924098676f559b33fbd9202db55b5a30.jpg

Looks at this shit and tell me a Dragon Ball x Ultraman wouldn't go hard

god damn i'm stanning Gohan vs Ultraman zero harder now
Anyone curse the canon height of Ultra race and Transformers harder than before?

Seriously this means matchups like Gohan vs Ultraman Zero and Frieza vs Megatron really gets hampered when it comes to an animated fight.

For Paramount Sonic's opponent, we will have an ideal opponent in 2023 and you know who is the opponent.
Illumination Mario and Detective Pikachu are the top 2 opponents of choice against Paramount Sonic.

While Detective Pikachu vs Paramount Sonic is basically compared to Omni-Man vs Homelander in 3D and Illumination Mario vs Paramount Sonic is Omni-Man vs Bardock.

Guido utterly shit stomps but still somehow ends up being the one with more bullet holes in him as per usual
Fair enough, but I think the battle could be cool, also I just kinda want a Mista fight cause I love Mista.
unless the Mario movie has some insane speed feats it probably won't work (but they are also a completely CGI movie SO the potential for waay wackier feats is basically guaranteed)
Surprised there hasn’t been a fight with 90s Mario yet

I think Dedede vs Wario is a 10/10 personally, but I can see if you don’t count Wario as Mario MU specifically ig.

but yeah I can agree, Mario’s DBs are mostly from S1-3 and thus: suck or don’t hold up. Mario did get its 10/10 with DDDario before Sonic got its 10/10 with Silvunks.

Mario at least doesn’t have multiple episodes that were disrespectful / very poorly treated the character involved.
For Paramount Sonic's opponent, we will have an ideal opponent in 2023 and you know who is the opponent.
Unless Mario is Tier 6 and FTL with MFTL attack speed in the first movie, I doubt he’s touching Paramount Sonic.

Surprised there hasn’t been a fight with 90s Mario yet

AoSTH Sonic vs SMBSS Mario is the only good Mario vs Sonic MU that isn’t Bowser vs Eggman or Mario vs Sonic itself.

Yeah good luck with that, Silver isn't even Frontiers (by the looks of it he won't even be an Easter egg) and like the DB episode has already explicitly shown the comics have been treating Silver way better than the games have for years now (literally robbed of his MC status because "06 bad wah"). So much for Sonic Team saying they have "plans" for Silver (A statement they made over five years ago and counting lol!).
It’s less that it’ll suggest silver specifically, and more that it’ll just result in a major Sonic related video being recommended on YT more. As people start watching Sonic content after frontiers’ release more, the chance of Silvunks spreading more will get higher.

Seriously this means matchups like Gohan vs Ultraman Zero and Frieza vs Megatron really gets hampered when it comes to an animated fight.
They really don't

Dragon ball Characters have fought Giants before
Cell Max,Ribrianne Big form,Aniraza, etc

Those two mention are hardly big issues especially when DB first fight was Rainbow Dash vs Starscream WITH DIFFERENT SIZE

They really don't

Dragon ball Characters have fought Giants before
Cell Max,Ribrianne Big form,Aniraza, etc

Those two mention are hardly big issues especially when DB first fight was Rainbow Dash vs Starscream WITH DIFFERENT SIZE
Don’t Ultramen start at normal human size anyways? Half the fight could be regular size and the other half giant sized, and there’s plenty to do with size differences for chunks of a battle.

Luigi in his first fight somewhat
Bowser was literally done dirty in his first episode
Mario characterization in MvS 2

Not much but really ain't lacking there
Luigi isn’t really treated poorly, he’s generally in character, he’s just sort of rolled most of the fight due to poor choreo. He’s fine imo.

Bowser moreso got ****** over by Ganon getting wanked with an NLF than anything else, I don’t really remember Bowser being treated poorly in terms of characterization in the animation or analysis segment or generally shit on to any degree. Just a dogshit conclusion.

I agree that Mario’s MvS2 characterization ******* sucks but he wasn’t treated as pathetic or useless as Sonic generally was in that fight, who has it significantly worse in that shitty ******* family guy skit of an episode.

Overall size difference isn't an issue lol

Ultraman can manipulate there size going by the comments
Bowser moreso got ****** over by Ganon getting wanked with an NLF than anything else, I don’t really remember Bowser being treated poorly in terms of characterization in the animation or analysis segment or generally shit on to any degree. Just a dogshit conclusion.
Eh in terms of animation can't remember a single worthwhile thing he did he was just a chump to Ganondorf for the majority of the fight and and funny enough the same guy who did that fight also did Shadow vs Mewtwo so uh you can get why that fight was ass

I think Dedede vs Wario is a 10/10 personally.

Mario at least doesn’t have multiple episodes that were disrespectful / very poorly treated the character involved.
It's less I don't think the epsiode itself is a "Mario epsiode," and more just have gripes with a few parts of it, the Shake King feat is apparently super inflated/inaccurate, and I personally thought it was kind of strange that they bring up the Black Jewel's universe creation/nuking, one of the most explicit Uni feats in the series and one performed by Wario himself, paint it as very impressive (Talk about how the Black Jewel's death destroyed a dimension while showing Wario tanking said dimension nuke), then turn around and say that wario's only possible way to be Uni is scaling to Rosalina. I think the episode is good, I just don't think it's a 10/10 (I'd personally say either it or MvS 2011 is the best Mario DB at the moment

Also both Bowser vs Ganon and Luigi vs Tails were very disrespectful towards the Mario character involved, the former treated Bowser like a complete idiot ignoring all his actually impressive feats of intelligence and using a single Nintendo Power scan claiming he's illiterate while the animation is just him sitting around, occasionally trying something that doesn't work, and otherwise hard jobbing. While the latter's fight is very similar in that Luigi takes forever to do anything, that thing doesn't or barely works, and anything Tails does smacks him around and leaves him reeling Also they had him lose because of a ******* dream radish They used Archie Tails and the best they could do was "dream radish, GG?"

unless the Mario movie has some insane speed feats it probably won't work (but they are also a completely CGI movie SO the potential for waay wackier feats is basically guaranteed)
Once upon a time, there would be Archie Mario but it has been canceled.
Unless Mario is Tier 6 and FTL with MFTL attack speed in the first movie, I doubt he’s touching Paramount Sonic.
But our profile shows that the highest rating for Paramount Sonic is 7-B.

It's less I don't think the epsiode itself is a "Mario epsiode," and more just have gripes with a few parts of it, the Shake King feat is apparently super inflated/inaccurate, and I personally thought it was kind of strange that they bring up the Black Jewel's universe creation/nuking, one of the most explicit Uni feats in the series and one performed by Wario himself, paint it as very impressive (Talk about how the Black Jewel's death destroyed a dimension while showing Wario tanking said dimension nuke), then turn around and say that wario's only possible way to be Uni is scaling to Rosalina. I think the episode is good, I just don't think it's a 10/10 (I'd personally say either it or MvS 2011 is the best Mario DB at the moment

Also both Bowser vs Ganon and Luigi vs Tails were very disrespectful towards the Mario character involved, the former treated Bowser like a complete idiot ignoring all his actually impressive feats of intelligence and using a single Nintendo Power scan claiming he's illiterate while the animation is just him sitting around, occasionally trying something that doesn't work, and otherwise hard jobbing. While the latter's fight is very similar in that Luigi takes forever to do anything, that thing doesn't or barely works, and anything Tails does smacks him around and leaves him reeling Also they had him lose because of a ******* dream radish They used Archie Tails and the best they could do was "dream radish, GG"
Nice to see a Mario fan take

Once upon a time, there would be Archie Mario but it has been canceled.

But our profile shows that the highest rating for Paramount Sonic is 7-B.
The CRT has yet to be applied but base Movie Sonic will have High 6-B chaos energy blasts while movie Super Sonic will be At least be High 6-B with class M LS and potentially MFTL+ attack speed plus Movie Sonic is decently haxxed to boot.

The CRT for those who are interested.

Eh in terms of animation can't remember a single worthwhile thing he did he was just a chump to Ganondorf for the majority of the fight and and funny enough the same guy who did that fight also did Shadow vs Mewtwo so uh you can get why that fight was ass
Tbh the only things I remember about that fight are Bowser dropkicking Ganon and the Tennis match so maybe ur right

Also both Bowser vs Ganon and Luigi vs Tails were very disrespectful towards the Mario character involved, the former treated Bowser like a complete idiot ignoring all his actually impressive feats of intelligence and using a single Nintendo Power scan claiming he's illiterate while the animation is just him sitting around, occasionally trying something that doesn't work, and otherwise hard jobbing. While the latter's fight is very similar in that Luigi takes forever to do anything, that thing doesn't or barely works, and anything Tails does smacks him around and leaves him reeling Also they had him lose because of a ******* dream radish They used Archie Tails and the best they could do was "dream radish, GG?"
I kind of disagree here, not sure what makes it feel not like a Mario fight, unless you mean it leaning more into Wario’s tone which… I mean, is to be expected. The fight is more character/ability oriented which fit with the two characters, had a fun comedic pace in tune with both characters, and gave both their time to shine and had generally stellar animation, great expression work, good ability trading, and a fun fight escalation. I think it does everything it needs to to qualify as a Mario fight and especially as a good one, it goes above and beyond in some spots like the extra comedic bits with their past history too.

I don’t feel those nitpicks would detract much from the episode anyways, especially since they wouldn’t change the verdict at all either. But, my assumption is that they might not have seen the dimension creation as universal, and more of a pocket dimension creation & destruction, which wouldnt have been impressive enough to have made it uni. There’s no QnA for the fight to know for sure, though. Even they considered it uni, it wouldn’t have really mattered in the verdict regardless since Dedede also has plenty of uni to multi stuff to pull.

Season 2 research moment in full effect for the Luigi turnip thing tho, lol, that was pretty bad.
Well, universal Mario is already something quite "normalized" nowadays, but it all depends on how it is explained/comprised if they make luigi vs pacman or bowser vs eggman.
isn’t uni Mario still pretty contentious for some, since there’s only like, 2-3 uni feats throughout the series and some of which are contentious to scale? I thought Galaxy level was the generally accepted point for Mario?

isn’t uni Mario still pretty contentious for some, since there’s only like, 2-3 uni feats throughout the series and some of which are contentious to scale? I thought Galaxy level was the generally accepted point for Mario?
Well, compared to the past yes, uni is more accepted, and this surely is because they are not as strict as we are, of course galaxy level is the most accepted in general if we talk in a larger public.

Aquaman has taken control of everybody in the BB, cornering Spongebob

Spongebob: Sandy? Patrick? SQUIDWARD? Mr. Krabs not you too!

Aquaman: It's all over yellow sponge! I am The King of Atlantis! Ruler of the sea! You are but a mere kid. A hooligan! A Knucklehead McSpazatron! Now my creatures, attack!

Aquaman's army surrounds Spongebob for the final blow

SpongeBob: You're wrong. I'm not just a kid....I"m...I"m......a goofy goober!"

Heavy metal music kicks in while Spongebob turns wizard mode and begins to shoot beams everywhere to negate AM's control

Aquaman: No, this can't be happening. I'm in control here!

Spongebob powers up a huge blast of energy and launches at Aquaman

Aquaman: Great Neptune! dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back