• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little comparison going off of the DB and based of there research (the blog) and filling in some gaps. (I got too much time on my hands lol) I wasn't sure where to put it so X-factors is what covers stuff like layyered resistances and stuff like Chronos Control/Time Travel Armband
Trunks (<) vs Silver (>)

=< > slightly/contestable
< > clear cut
<< >> high amount

Power: =>
Physicals: =>
Speed: >> (=> from the Ultra Blog)
Durability: =>
Stamina: =
Skill: <
Versatility: <
Hax: <
X-Factors: >>
Overall: Silver high/extremly high difficulty

edit; you know no matter which way you look at this MU it really is a close match, crazy how adding versions of characters take it from a complete stomp to someone that can be debated for hours with only the beam struggling back and forth lol

Last edited:
Them Saiyans have been taken L's lately.
Hopefully that chad Namekian, Piccolo will pull a W
FePL3zqaEAAAk4W

No Better man to do it

In my mind there are only two major sins I need them to avoid for me to find the research acceptable:

-Claiming Sakuya can't actually stop time based off her saying she just moves so fast that time technically "stops" and she loses all mass.
-Claiming nobody in Touhou is FTL because Marisa said nothing can move faster than light.

Though ironically, if they use the top argument, they'd be putting Sakuya at infinite speed anyways :v
If loses all mass is specified, doesn't that just mean FTL? Because, to be fair, if you were perceiving time in a nanosecond, it would seem like everything had pretty much stopped around you, other than light, which you'd be moving as fast or faster then.

Also, the Touhou creator apparently loves using real-world and theoretical science in the work, and mass-less photons are the only thing perceived as being able to potentially move FTL.

Little comparison going off of the DB and based of there research (the blog) and filling in some gaps. (I got too much time on my hands lol) I wasn't sure where to put it so X-factors is what covers stuff like layyered resistances and stuff like Chronos Control/Time Travel Armband
Trunks (<) vs Silver (>)

=< > slightly/contestable
< > clear cut
<< >> high amount

Power: =>
Physicals: =>
Speed: >> (=> from the Ultra Blog)
Durability: =>
Stamina: =
Skill: <
Versatility: <
Hax: <
X-Factors: =>
Overall: Silver high/extremly high difficulty

edit; you know no matter which way you look at this MU it really is a close match, crazy how adding versions of characters take it from a complete stomp to someone that can be debated for hours with only the beam struggling back and forth lol
Honestly based on the blog & episode it kind of sounded like they had Silver's Power as more of a clear cut >, MAYBE a >>, which would thus make Silver's durability also a >, maybe a >>.

X-Factors also generally leaned in Silver's favor as well, his Psychokinesis gave him greater control of the battlefield, battle positioning, taking most of Trunks' attacks and turning them against him, and as the fight itself presented, even taking the Keysword away from him, as well as the fact he could shut down Trunks' summons and time travel abilities, as well as his Super form granting him resistances to all of Trunks' haxx and the Keysword. The X-Factors generally seemed to be >, more likely >> in Silver's favor. Generally felt like the viewed it as a Mid-High Diff.

Well except for Ultra's blog which kinda painted him as seeing Silver solo DBH lol.

Real Talk Piccolo coming Back to end DB Losing streak would be fitting given how since the Buu Saga and up until Superhero he's been treated like shit in the franchise and the movie brought him back to prominence
And ironically in one of the better written DB movies.
Seriously, I think a show about Piccolo being a godfather to Pan and fighting bad guys with help from Gohan and or any other human fighters would be a massive fresh breath of air

In my mind there are only two major sins I need them to avoid for me to find the research acceptable:

-Claiming Sakuya can't actually stop time based off her saying she just moves so fast that time technically "stops" and she loses all mass.
-Claiming nobody in Touhou is FTL because Marisa said nothing can move faster than light.

Though ironically, if they use the top argument, they'd be putting Sakuya at infinite speed anyways :v
The Marisa thing will absolutely be discounted, especially considering she immediately disproves that fact by dodging her own FTL laser not even a page after making that claim.

I doubt they'd use that first point though, but if they did they would literally have to put her at infinite speed based on that statement, which would obviously mogg Hit's numbers, but that statement is also directly contradicted by literally everything else Sakuya does with time. How can she create time suspension fields, compress time, expand space, erase time, increase or slow time, manually age things herself if her time powers are just her moving so fast that time stops? It just doesn't make sense and is likely Sakuya just bullshitting about her powers, since every SDM character is notoriously secretive about their abilities and backstory. Well, except Flandre, but she's the exception.

Honestly based on the blog & episode it kind of sounded like they had Silver's Power as more of a clear cut >, MAYBE a >>, which would thus make Silver's durability also a >, maybe a >>.

X-Factors also generally leaned in Silver's favor as well, his Psychokinesis gave him greater control of the battlefield, battle positioning, taking most of Trunks' attacks and turning them against him, and as the fight itself presented, even taking the Keysword away from him, as well as the fact he could shut down Trunks' summons and time travel abilities, as well as his Super form granting him resistances to all of Trunks' haxx and the Keysword. The X-Factors generally seemed to be >, more likely >> in Silver's favor. Generally felt like the viewed it as a Mid-High Diff.

Well except for Ultra's blog which kinda painted him as seeing Silver solo DBH lol.
well in fairness Ben/Wiz did even say that it was questionable if Super Silver could physically match Super Saiyan as there exact upper epidome for there power levels are incalculable, and end of the day they had both Trunks and Super Silver at Extradimensional but through cosmology tier scaling Silver was given the noticeable advantages. Which made me feel inclined to put that just based of there wording and in the post-analysis Silver winning due to abilities.

Your right about the X-Factor though, everything under tertiary factors definitely favours Silver I should've included. I edited the post now.

I think if a character performs an FTL feat literally 5 seconds after saying they can't move FTL you have a right to discredit that statement.
Dude, I'm not saying I take that bit with Sakuya seriously, given the assload of contradictions to it you and other Touhou fans have shown before, I'm just saying if that argument is brought up(doubt it would be) that its arguably just FTL and doesn't have to be infinite speed.

While we're on the topic of Dragon Ball characters, who could Captain Ginyu fight?

Imagine a fight where the two combatants are constantly swapping bodies with each other, experimenting with powers, learning weaknesses to exploit, all resulting in a final clash where you don't know who's who. It'd be unlike any other episode of Death Battle.

Good grief, I thought it obvious I was being a devil's advocate for how death battle might view that, if they did take that statement from Sakuya seriously. Guess not though, seeing as you just launched into immediate 'downplayer detected' mode with me. :ROFLMAO:

Hot take: Hulk is ONE of the most disrespected character in arguably all of comic book fiction. whether it be disney continuing to ruin the character, Death Battle dissing him in every ep, most comics probably not doing him that great(I don't mind being corrected on this tho). I love Thor or Iron Man don't get me wrong but do our jolly green giant some equal love goddamit

edit; I wanna be wrong, like that one old vid of that guy that made the animated Hulk vs Superman series was sooo good, especially for it's time

Hot take: Hulk is ONE of the most disrespected character in arguably all of comic book fiction. whether it be disney continuing to ruin the character, Death Battle dissing him in every ep, most comics probably not doing him that great(I don't mind being corrected on this tho). I love Thor or Iron Man don't get me wrong but do our jolly green giant some equal love goddamit

edit; I wanna be wrong, like that one old vid of that guy that made the animated Hulk vs Superman series was sooo good, especially for it's time
outside L's he had two good fights with Doomsday and Broly, had a cool fight with Saitama, and the same guy who did that fight is doing Hulk vs Superman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back