• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did uh, did he even downplay Dragon Ball? I'm not really sure where the prevailing opinion that he downplayed DBH came from when he literally has the verse at 5D and Immeasurable based off the QnA lol, that's higher than where we ******* have him. What stats was he SUPPOSED to give the verse?
Having to read a blog instead of just watching the ep to get proper argument is no good.

Tbf they had both at Multi+ just Silver on the high end of it
Like, they literally gave Trunks everything we gave him and more statistically, its just in the episode itself he wasn't given immeasurable. Otherwise he had all that haxx, abilities, summons, gear, higher AP & durability than we have him at.

They just had Archie/Silver at higher. They really didn't downplay the verse. It still doesn't help DBH's case that the immeasurable arguments didn't really get widely accepted until AFTER the episode was already in production lol.

Okay so the cast definitely just confirmed the next episode is Jason vs Michael. They mentioned the 13th episode being on Halloween and went "huh, well that's probably just a coincidence, moving on!"
Ayo?....

Rip Sauronbros lmao. Y’all gonna have to wait just a little longer. In the meantime…

Horrorchads, our time is now.
I mean, one of the episodes in the teaser was guaranteed to come later than the rest. Boba was teased in the episode but also didn't come until the mid-season finale. Sauron will likely be the next episode after the Halloween one, or the Penultimate episode of the season

I really didnt get Tier 1 vibes from their talks for DBH 1st time watching. They really hammered it harder for Archie on the other hand.
"Infinite multiverse, infinite timelines, and the Crack of Time outside of it."

That's 5D. The QnA elaborates on it further as well. They HAD to hammer it in with Archie because they had to show that the cosmology was BIGGER.

GridArt_20220314_171452594.jpg
Polish_20220310_155655786.jpg

These two matchups are so weird for me because on one hand I care MASSIVELY for one character involved (Sakuya & Archie Knux) but don't really have much of an opinion on the other two. Juggs generally is Archie Knux's best on one hand, while I think Sakuya has good alternatives for an opponent.

I'll be happy with Sakuya vs Hit solely because the fight potential is pretty good though, the sprite team have shown themselves to be nothing but capable with handling Dragon Ball fights at this point.

These two matchups are so weird for me because on one hand I care MASSIVELY for one character involved (Sakuya & Archie Knux) but don't really have much of an opinion on the other two. Juggs generally is Archie Knux's best on one hand, while I think Sakuya has good alternatives for an opponent.

I'll be happy with Sakuya vs Hit solely because the fight potential is pretty good though, the sprite team have shown themselves to be nothing but capable with handling Dragon Ball fights at this point.
i just like the MU in general

Archie Knux vs Juggs we know is lock down the line and would luve it being a nice simple yet crazy brawl between the two
Whether Sakuya fight Hit or Homura is whatever to me it boils to what the crew vibes with and views what the best way to introduce the series

I saw one person absolutely livid over how Sakuya was treated in OMM, a show whose tagline literally includes “no research”, so I utterly dread the response to an official Death Battle.

Then again, I have no concept of what the Touhou fan base is like outside of a few people so maybe I’m worried over nothing. Trunks vs Silver has reminded me how ******* exhausting the discourse around Death Battle can be.

I saw one person absolutely livid over how Sakuya was treated in OMM, a show whose tagline literally includes “no research”, so I utterly dread the response to an official Death Battle.

Then again, I have no concept of what the Touhou fan base is like outside of a few people so maybe I’m worried over nothing. Trunks vs Silver has just reminded me how ******* exhausting the discourse around Death Battle can be.
Sakuya vs Hit is a disaster waiting to happen

Ok, I'll go back on other thing I didn't get resolved.

For verse counts, I count Wario & DK for Mario, Archie for Sonic, Heroes for DBZ and Super Friends Aquaman is gonna be DC.

Should I change Final Fight to be part of Street Fighter? Most Wikis say its official spin-off, so it should be SF instead, right?

i just like the MU in general

Archie Knux vs Juggs we know is lock down the line and would luve it being a nice simple yet crazy brawl between the two
Whether Sakuya fight Hit or Homura is whatever to me it boils to what the crew vibes with and views what the best way to introduce the series
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the fight with Knux vs Juggs, having an absolutely insane scale brawl would be great, if its even half as good as Trunks v Silver I'll be ecstatic.

Then again, I have no concept of what the Touhou fan base is like outside of a few people so maybe I’m worried over nothing. Trunks vs Silver has reminded me how ******* exhausting the discourse around Death Battle can be.
Sakuya was treated pretty well in the OMM, all things considered? The OMM where the Touhou character was disrespected was Alice. That matchup is a well known spite match where the animator hated Touhou and its fans and deliberated made Alice suck in the animation and then die. The reason people hate how she was treated in that OMM is:
1. She acts nothing like how Alice does in canon, it's basically a completely separate personality slapped onto her.
2. She does almost nothing interesting the entire fight and uses none of her interesting abilities or spells and just gets jobbed for most the fight.
3. Her death is pretty gruesome all things considered.

No research isn't an excuse for treating a character poorly and under utilizing them in animation. The entire point of no research is to have a fun fight with no restrictions on who wins and loses. Its the same reason everyone hates Cell vs Mereum for instance.

I feel like not enough peeps are aware of the simpler side of dimensional tiering for example one character is 10-B yet another is High 3-A while the difference in power is infinite they're both 3D, same with a Low 2-C Vs a 2-A infinite difference but still 4D and it continues from 5D onwards... (As long as the cosmology is properly and clearly explained ofc).

Alright explain
Cosmic Fear Superman??
What in the **** am I looking at?
Pariah uses the energy / power of the Justice League of Earth-0 to rebuild the multiverse

In the latest Issue of Dark Crisis The Great Darkness is ******* up the whole cosmology

Superman’s new form seemingly doesn’t have an explanation yet tho (it’s probably gonna be explained as him being powered by Crisis Energy). He’s probably gonna kick an important character’s ass in the next issue

Also it’s stated the Great Darkness fears Black Adam’s lightning

I get that, but literally none of this applies to Sakuya vs DIO. She mollywhopped his ass and got to show off plenty. I genuinely do not understand where that guy was coming from. Something about Sakuya’s watch?
Ah, is it that she needed to use her stopwatch at the end in order to stop time when DIO dropped a road roller on her? I kinda get that, given she's never needed to use equipment to stop time in canon. Though, it's not entirely wrong, since her stopwatch can stop time on its own (other characters can use it as such).

But yeah that's a super ******* petty complaint lol, the episode is still one of the best OMMs ever made.

I get that, but literally none of this applies to Sakuya vs DIO. She mollywhopped his ass and got to show off plenty. I genuinely do not understand where that guy was coming from. Something about Sakuya’s watch?
Honestly this just sounds like one person you ran into that had a minor problem that really didn't matter in the long run. There's always going to be one person that's unhappy with something that'll be unreasonable. It's only really truly annoying when there's a large MASS of people upset over something for potentially illegitimate or silly reasons.

If I had to guess for her Watch, her Time Stopping has never been revealed to be explicitly stated to be from her stopwatch? Maybe? It's usually associated with it but her time powers dont seem to be directly correlated to it, she's never needed the watch to use her time powers and has done so without it before. So her being time frozen because she's not holding her watch was probably questionable.

Idk, it made for a hype moment in the fight so idrc.

Honestly this just sounds like one person you ran into that had a minor problem that really didn't matter in the long run. There's always going to be one person that's unhappy with something that'll be unreasonable. It's only really truly annoying when there's a large MASS of people upset over something for potentially illegitimate or silly reasons.
It kinda just soured my mood watching this guy go off on a tirade about something that inconsequential.

I’m just nervous something like that is gonna happen on a much wider scale if DB brings in Sakuya and screws up her portrayal, especially given their seeming naivety to Touhou.

I’m one of DB’s strongest soldiers, but I don’t have the strength in me to keep fighting their battles.

It kinda just soured my mood watching this guy go off on a tirade about something that inconsequential.

I’m just nervous something like that is gonna happen on a much wider scale if DB brings in Sakuya and screws up her portrayal, especially given their seeming naivety to Touhou.

I’m one of DB’s strongest soldiers, but I don’t have the strength in me to keep fighting their battles.
In my mind there are only two major sins I need them to avoid for me to find the research acceptable:

-Claiming Sakuya can't actually stop time based off her saying she just moves so fast that time technically "stops" and she loses all mass.
-Claiming nobody in Touhou is FTL because Marisa said nothing can move faster than light.

Though ironically, if they use the top argument, they'd be putting Sakuya at infinite speed anyways :v

On the subject of character-based dread, Saitama's return to DB is going to be quite something.

Given Touhou Vague nature there's bound to be some hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back