• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf why is there so much variance?

Fleetway Sonic is Uni+ last I checked so he'd mogg anything but 4D Broly, unless his Uni has the funny multipliers.
Solar System is due to debatably being close to Cell's power. Galaxy is if you take the South Galaxy being destroyed at the start of his movie as a real time feat. Universal and 4D is if you take the statement of him being the strongest movie villain as canon, placing him above SS3 Goku in Fusion Reborn, who could shake Hell just by powering up. Whether that's 3 or 4D is down to personal interpretation.

Like, try to think about this without VS rotten brains.

If you are casual planet destroyer, and you are in a serious battle where you use all your power, but for some reason planet doesn't go kaboom during that fight despite going all out.

That is a problem.

And that is probably why Ian and Marvel editors don't agree with DB, even a measly city level power is hard to show consistently if you don't plan for it.

Solar System is due to debatably being close to Cell's power. Galaxy is if you take the South Galaxy being destroyed at the start of his movie as a real time feat. Universal and 4D is if you take the statement of him being the strongest movie villain as canon, placing him above SS3 Goku in Fusion Reborn, who could shake Hell just by powering up. Whether that's 3 or 4D is down to personal interpretation.
It uh, seems like Uni to 4D is a massive stretch based on what you just described. Even Galaxy seems a bit generous.

It uh, seems like Uni to 4D is a massive stretch based on what you just described. Even Galaxy seems a bit generous.
Hold on, I did more digging into this. I think I can place him pretty confidently at Universal, no WoG needed.

What Broly destroyed was actually 1/4th of the Universe, since the Universe is split up into 4 quadrants. Considering the established size of the DB universe in Death Battle, that's easily Multi-Galaxy. However, this was while he was in a heavily restrained state.

In his Legendary Super Saiyan state, if we allow multipliers, he is vastly beyond Universal. The regular SS multiplier is 50x, and LSS is WAY beyond that. 4D is a bit of stretch to argue purely in canon though, nothing really suggests Broly can affect the afterlife beyond creator statements.

Hold on, I did more digging into this. I think I can place him pretty confidently at Universal, no WoG needed.

What Broly destroyed was actually 1/4th of the Universe, since the Universe is split up into 4 quadrants. Considering the established size of the DB universe in Death Battle, that's easily Multi-Galaxy. However, this was while he was in a heavily restrained state.

In his Legendary Super Saiyan state, if we allow multipliers, he is vastly beyond Universal. The regular SS multiplier is 50x, and LSS is WAY beyond that. 4D is a bit of stretch to argue purely in canon though, nothing really suggests Broly can affect the afterlife beyond creator statements.
So what's the general scaling for him? Is it slapping a lot of multipliers on that Multi-Galaxy feat generally?

So what's the general scaling for him? Is it slapping a lot of multipliers on that Multi-Galaxy feat generally?
You only really need to upscale from the SS multiplier, which is 50x, to get him to Uni, since he’s already quite close to 1/4th Universal.
Honestly though, I don’t really want to grossly inflate Broly’s stats any further, I’m comfortable with just Universal.

You only really need to upscale from the SS multiplier, which is 50x, to get him to Uni, since he’s already quite close to 1/4th Universal.
Honestly though, I don’t really want to grossly inflate Broly’s stats any further, I’m comfortable with just Universal.
Well, I was just wondering how that would make him stack up to Fleetway, who's 2C on this site.

2C should beat out Z Broly even with my interpretation, so Fleetway takes the W regardless.
Nice, guess he has at least ONE W option for them to work with, but I'd honestly be fine with Fleetway losing if Kasen was his opponent, I prefer the matchup, its literally my baby, even if it results in Sonic being the second character alongside Batman to be on the show 4 times and have a 1-3 win to loss ratio.

Nice, guess he has at least ONE W option for them to work with, but I'd honestly be fine with Fleetway losing if Kasen was his opponent, I prefer the matchup, its literally my baby, even if it results in Sonic being the second character alongside Batman to be on the show 4 times and have a 1-3 win to loss ratio.
Would you be satisfied if Kasen fought another character with connections close enough?

Would you be satisfied if Kasen fought another character with connections close enough?
mmmmmmhhh maybe, idk. Kasen v Sonic is generally my favorite matchup for both of them. I love the dynamic of the fight, it's the closest matchup stats wise for Fleetway if you don't buy Tier 1 Touhou, and there's a lot of animation potential. Plus it being my baby as a matchup helps it a lot.

Silver fans having a really confident night.

How about Blaze and her fans? Will they have theirs?

Should I consider that a sarcasm?

Well the real joke is that Silver the Hedgehog literally "took off the 'trunks'" before sleeping with Blaze the Cat.
Aw how wholesome, him and Blake do look cute together ngl.

So that's what he does in celebrating his W huh, what a rascal chad 😏

Honestly I think my main question for next time is whether or not they’ll be able to get the man the myth the legend Stephen Hillenburg on to voice SpongeBob. He’s never been afraid to voice the character in more adult things so I think he’d be down to do something like this.
You mean Tom Kenny, and Nick would never allow anything like that after the SNL skit

Honestly I think my main question for next time is whether or not they’ll be able to get the man the myth the legend Tom Kenny on to voice SpongeBob. He’s never been afraid to voice the character in more adult things so I think he’d be down to do something like this.
Proooooooooobably not. Viacom would be a lot more brutal over something like that than say, SEGA. They'll probably just get a very good sound-alike for Spongebob.

I guess since Flynn brought it up, might as well come clean.

Realistically, Archie Silver should lose...

...because Chaos Emeralds really are not standard for him. Hell, technically Mogul took away his Time Stone too.

Ofc, this is the problem I think I have mentioned before? That is, some character's realistic arsenal is not iconic enough. Realistically, Thanos with IG is not standard at all as well, but it's way too iconic to not use.

When should realistic limitations inhibit iconic portrayal?

...because Chaos Emeralds really are not standard for him. Hell, technically Mogul took away his Time Stone too.

Ofc, this is the problem I think I have mentioned before? That is, some character's realistic arsenal is not iconic enough. Realistically, Thanos with IG is not standard at all as well, but it's way too iconic to not use.

Something like Alucard having his regular loadout instead of Schrodinger is a good example of iconic over realistic. Most people associate Alucard with these abilities, so that's what Death Battle went with.

Likewise for Silver, Super forms are so iconic for hedgehogs in Sonic that it'd be shocking for Silver not to have it. The Time Stone is a little more contentious though.

unknown.png

They covered this in the QnA as well. I'm not sure how much I can emphasize that people really need to read the QnA for this fight especially lol.

unknown.png

They covered this in the QnA as well. I'm not sure how much I can emphasize that people really need to read the QnA for this fight especially lol.
Something something if they need to read a Q&A on a blog or a Cast the episode is doing a bad job in explaining the verdict in the episode.

(Rather it is more of a case that the more popular character loses that causes so big flames)

Last edited:
Something something if they need to read a Q&A on a blog or a Cast the episode is doing a bad job in explaining the verdict.

(Rather it is more of a case that the more popular character loses that causes so big flames)
I don't think they even necessarily did a horrible job in the episode itself, they explained the important shit that needed to cover for casuals (Silver outstatted, and resisted the Keysword's haxx, and he resisted or negated most of Trunks' arsenal). Explaining why ******* Super Forms are given to a Sonic character in a Death Battle episode really isn't necessary. As stated in the QnA itself, the "What is standard" argument can also be applied to Trunks to let him not even have the Keysword in the first place.

This matchup is just very complex and has a lot of smaller factors behind it that make reading the QnA important and also 95% of this board was convinced Trunks was gonna take it which makes the verdict harder to swallow for some.

It also doesn't help that on this thread before the MU was visible to most people there was already misinformation being spread around about the episodes' stats (like Trunks not being given the Keysword or being 2B or some shit) which soured a lot of ppl to the research before they even saw the ep. Not to mention the QnA's purpose IS to resolve and explain smaller quibbles that couldn't be covered in the full episode in the first place. It also doesn't help that a lot of things that they DIDN'T cover in the episode that people use to say the outcome is incorrect come from unsourced and likely bunk sources on VSBW in the first place (such as Resistance Negation, which was hailed as Trunks' biggest wincon against Silver in our debate for TWO WHOLE WEEKS) which honestly means there's more misinformation about this battle going around than usual

The discourse is so annoying. It’s a silly webshow, why are people getting this upset.
It's a Dragon Ball character losing to a Sonic character. To a casual audience and to the casual Dragon Ball fan, that's completely unbelievable and asinine. Some people also have the opinion Death Battle is "biased" against Dragon Ball because a lot of DB's most popular episodes ended up being Dragon Ball losses (Thor vs Vegeta, Goku vs Superman, Goku Black vs Reverse Flash, etc etc) so now they're doubly incensed by "They hate Dragon Ball, they're just trying to make the verse lose!"

It's a Dragon Ball character losing to a Sonic character. To a casual audience and to the casual Dragon Ball fan, that's completely unbelievable and asinine. Some people also have the opinion Death Battle is "biased" against Dragon Ball because a lot of DB's most popular episodes ended up being Dragon Ball losses (Thor vs Vegeta, Goku vs Superman, Goku Black vs Reverse Flash, etc etc) so now they're doubly incensed by "They hate Dragon Ball, they're just trying to make the verse lose!"
Straight back to 2013 I see. Time is a flat circle, get me out of here.

unknown.png

I mean, I do think all the issues are valid for those examples too, Cloud, Mega Man, XTrunks etc. if we were truly realistic for every verse, I was trying to point that too. Every verse would get punished in one way or another if we tried to be as realistic as possible.

Silver also collecting Emeralds mid battle while technically possible is silly to imagine lol

Dragon Ball stans are still salty over Goku losing to Superman and the rematch ******* ruined them even further

Kirby beating Buu right after the heels of GvS got them popping blood vessels

Reverse Flash beating Black didn't draw Salt cause it was a ******* DC speedster and Black fell out of favor of being the Fanbase wank toy given the TOP and After hae given folks new one

Thor beating Vegeta got some folks heated on Twitter given Broly beat Hulk therefore the same should be said for Thorgeta

This one gonna sting mainly Trunks vs record and primarily how he dominated Silver three times on multiple occasions and folks witnessing how Silver a guy he usually humiliates every time they fight pull the W with both strongest Incarnations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back