• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the match probably should have ended in seconds as base vs base is a stat stomp in favor of Trunks so he should have been able to kill Silver before the Super form came into question.
I may agree that Trunks should barely have won, but this statement goes against a very blatant rule of DB where both characters are assumed to start a fight in their most powerful states.

Bruv it's a MU, the winner in most DB's are entirely dependent on the researchers hired for the character's, in this case it was pretty obvious the head researcher had a bias for Sonic, as per his other DBZ/S episodes he's done.

Personally speaking I think Trunks should have won regardless of Silver's resistances, since the Keysword can bypass or negate resistance. And the match probably should have ended in seconds as base vs base is a stat stomp in favor of Trunks so he should have been able to kill Silver before the Super form came into question. For some reason Death Battle doesn't seem to take layers into consideration, they just kinda assume all hax have the same Potency.

But I digress, at the end of the day what matters for the winners of the MU's are dependent on the researchers they hire.
Fair note ahead of time, the Keysword might lose its Resistance Negation on VSBW solely because... it's reasonings seem incorrect. Seems like haxx potency got extrapolated into resistance negation on these profiles, and there's no scans or translations for any of the statements sourced on this profile. It's likely the reason the idea of resistance negging was never brought up in the episode, it's likely bunk.

Also they argued that despite the stat stomp of base Silver v Trunks, he would have been able to hang in the fight for a while due to him fighting opponents significantly stronger than himself and managing in base despite that. At least long enough FOR him to get his Super form off.

thread.png

Holy shit, I have some catching up to do yet again!!!

Also, not giving Trunks immeasurable speed is a bit sus but I DONT GIVE A ****, my boy won!!! #SILVERSWEEP

Also, SpongeBob should've fought Gumball Watterson or Chowder.

They kinda do actually
He mentioned how are Archie cosmology negs anything from Dragon Ball Heroes
Eh that's dimensional Tiering, that's not really what I'd consider normal "layers."

For instance with characters who are within the same dimension, they don't take layers into consideration such as Madara vs Aizen, where that would really matter. There are a few other examples but yeah, they do take dimensional layers into account but when it comes to characters who are within the same tiering they don't really consider it.

Bruv it's a MU, the winner in most DB's are entirely dependent on the researchers hired for the character's, in this case it was pretty obvious the head researcher had a bias for Sonic, as per his other DBZ/S episodes he's done.

Personally speaking I think Trunks should have won regardless of Silver's resistances, since the Keysword can bypass or negate resistance. And the match probably should have ended in seconds as base vs base is a stat stomp in favor of Trunks so he should have been able to kill Silver before the Super form came into question. For some reason Death Battle doesn't seem to take layers into consideration, they just kinda assume all hax have the same Potency.

But I digress, at the end of the day what matters for the winners of the MU's are dependent on the researchers they hire.
Tbf there argument that even in the base vs base Silver would still be able to hold his own as per his base form feats against Enerjak someone who was equal to Super Sonic, implication that he defeated the entire freedom fighters so he was waaay stronger than him. Despite that Silvers actually one impressive monster even without the emeralds frankly in retrospect, no other Sonic character to my recognition was able to do nearly as well as Silver thanks to his psychokinesis not even Shadow with his inhibitor rings removed.

I thought CC Goku was the strongest version of him? Albeit I know jack shit about CC and Xeno Goku.
CC Goku would be too similar to canon Goku in the eyes of the casuals, he's gone through DBS and uses UI, god forms, etc. At least Xeno Goku looks different and is a time patroller. Hell, even CC Goku's Universal Tree Blue is just SSB but shinier

I mean on here, CC Goku in his strongest form is (I believe) the strongest character of all the Heroes profiles on here with a shit ton of resistances and a lot of hax. So it's not like he's basically Super Goku but stronger.
But as I said before, I'd much rather see one of the various Demon Gods or alternate versions of characters like the Crimson Masked Saiyan

I'm guessing it's being a barebone MU with the only connections being that they're considered ultimate life forms, and are from continuities much stronger then canon.
Though it raises the question of if Shadow could land a fatal blow before Novel Kars does his thing and "understands" Chaos Energy
Yes, but at the same time we’ve had characters with less connections, hell, that was the case for one of the Archie MUs

Funny how Spongebob is next yet i don't give a shit lol
He's fighting someone who has nothing, this is literally a throw away match that was done just to check the "We did Spongbob" box. They don't want to keep getting asked but also don't want to use someone like Gumball or Chowder.

Fair note ahead of time, the Keysword might lose its Resistance Negation on VSBW solely because... it's reasonings seem incorrect. Seems like haxx potency got extrapolated into resistance negation on these profiles, and there's no scans or translations for any of the statements sourced on this profile. It's likely the reason the idea of resistance negging was never brought up in the episode, it's likely bunk.

Also they argued that despite the stat stomp of base Silver v Trunks, he would have been able to hang in the fight for a while due to him fighting opponents significantly stronger than himself and managing in base despite that. At least long enough FOR him to get his Super form off.
I've seen no evidence the keysword's resistance neg is bunk. This is the first time I've ever heard about this. Sorta sus ngl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back