• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did Donkey kong have any good sprites back then
63b0dbdcdc45a0b.png

Right here.

i didn't notice any jank until the 4th re-watch-so i think the sneak peek is good. and yeah you're right Kirbonic, i think Silver getting arrested for time shenanigans is a fine enough reason for the fight to happen so yeah, I'm cool with it.

It just reminded me too much of MagTetsu, the fight just starts and they start throwing shit at each other while flying through a city
yeah, I think most people going into this fight assumed it was going to be Silver getting arrested for Time Travel since Trunks' entire gig is patrolling time for people messing with the timeline, so it's honestly a perfect setup for canonical reasons. It's something Trunks would have to do and its absolutely something Silver would fight against.

And MagTetsu at least had the reasoning of Tetsuo defending his turf which Magneto was supposedly attacking. Although the reason for Magneto attacking it is, kind of odd, especially if he's supposedly a hero now.

did Donkey kong have any good sprites back then
Not really, but having official sprites that don't quite work for a battle and replacing them with an equally shitty custom sprite isn't exactly a the best trade.

It's my special ability.

They kind of have to, it's incredibly integrated into the very plot of TTGL itself, it's where the entirety of the last like, 8 episodes of the series take place and they put a good amount of explanation into it. 10/11D TTGL is incredibly solid. If they don't mention it there we're never getting dimensional scaling on this show lol.

As a big DK and Sonic fan, I'm not really huge on the episode:

DK's sprite is absolutely horrific and just does not look good, at all. Like what the ****. This has to be one of the worst ways a character was represented on the show lol. They boiled it down to essentially a battle of the idiots, it definitely felt reflected in the fight with how Knuckles acted and generally went about combat outside of his one smart move in the burrowing.

I will give the episode credit in that, it's pretty decently animated, especially for the time on the show. But the combination of DK's ugly ass sprite, my characterization issues, the annoying ass overbearing ass oh no jokes, the pretty horrible research, mentioning weapons Knuckles has then never giving him to the fight, mentioning specific weaknesses of DK and never allowing them to be exploited despite Knuckles having ways to do so, whatever the **** was going on in the finale of the fight (seriously, has anyone figured out what the **** Knuckles and DK were trying to do when Knux latched onto the wall?) and other things just kind of lower it in my favor a lot. Out of all the Sonic episodes from S5 and before though, its the technical best at least, it's at least decently animated and doesn't look ugly or have the most miserably slow pace imaginable.

I really love the fight for what it is, but if/when either character makes a runback I'd want them to be taken seriously. Both have much more to offer in an animation than what they showed.

That honestly shouldn't be surprising at all. That's honestly the reasoning for basically any game that comes out controversial/rushed/bad.

No developer actually wants to release a shitty game, and no developer would if they could. It's always rushed development cycles, release dates or higher ups muscling things or business conflicts that lead to a major AAA release being a shitshow. A tale as old as time honestly.
Movies and Music industry have a similar issue

That honestly shouldn't be surprising at all. That's honestly the reasoning for basically any game that comes out controversial/rushed/bad.

No developer actually wants to release a shitty game, and no developer would if they could. It's always rushed development cycles, release dates or higher ups muscling things or business conflicts that lead to a major AAA release being a shitshow. A tale as old as time honestly.
Sad part is that a lot of people blame it on incompetence on the creators part and many times they were completely capable and talented people who had their hands completely tied in the matter.

Anyways planning on doing a review on both series fights for the upcoming fight this Sunday

Wish me luck 🤞
Oh, good luck man. I might do a full review on all the Sonic fights again to kinda update any opinions I might have on them, but I'm definitely gonna type a huge ******* essay about Silver v Trunks when it hits. I don't have as strong an opinion on most Dragon Ball fights because I'm only recently getting into DB compared to being a Sonic fan most my life, but I am a fan of most recent DB eps on the show.

Oh, good luck man. I might do a full review on all the Sonic fights again to kinda update any opinions I might have on them, but I'm definitely gonna type a huge ******* essay about Silver v Trunks when it hits. I don't have as strong an opinion on most Dragon Ball fights because I'm only recently getting into DB compared to being a Sonic fan most my life, but I am a fan of most recent DB eps on the show.
Ya already did enough on em from what I've seen lol

I'm a big Dragon Ball Stan so you'll have me give my honesty thoughts on all of m in full

Please do tag me for it when you do, I'm very much interested.

Please do tag me for it when you do, I'm very much interested.
I'll try to remember to tag anyone who'd be interested. You'll probably be around when I post it though.

I'll probably post it late at night though, me and my friends typically watch the fight early off of RoosterTeeth, but typically after 11pm on the night it's posted, somet

alright ladies n Gents my reviews of both Dragon Ball n Sonic Fight's on the show
now I'll admit it's my opinion other will agree to disagree and whatnot

i love both franchises and while Dragon Ball has been strong in quality and Sonic case be a mix bag like most Video Game series on the show in terms of quality

i'll start on a few on both sides starting from S1 one

dea0d5t-ae594194-1229-4542-a6d0-cda485a26c4e.png

My thoughts on the Fight: yeah, honestly this didn't do it for me. like i get Folks luv TFS Banter and the humor for it holds up but other than that can't see much praise for it.
I'll copy n paste what i said before

"Honestly found this fight to be overrated for S1 standards the action was largely forgettable with only thing I could remember is Vegeta punching the moon and funny TFS banter which is okay if ur a fan but frankly doesn't do it for me especially when if you wanted a fight between the two you want the actual characters personality not" here's TFS Vegeta vs Shadow and the fight was more of a skit than an actual fight"

I don't mind humor in my fights as long it done well to complement the action but there was more talking than there was actual fighting for ***** sakes

and it really shows it ages.

Overall: serviceable for its time and far from a bad start for both but really nothing special

either today or tomorrow I'll mention Goku vs Superman and Sonic vs Mario 1

@Tipper17 and IDK about you mate, but even from S1 standards I still feel like Shadow kinda got played pretty dirty though not to the frustrating degree brought forth from Shadow vs Mewtwo.
Still my least favorite DB of all time
oh trust me m8 when i get to Shadow vs Mewtwo ur going to see pure ******* Venom from me on that one as well especially given how i feel over the MU

oh trust me m8 when i get to Shadow vs Mewtwo ur going to see pure ******* Venom from me on that one as well especially given how i feel over the MU
Shadow v Mewtwo is probably the most blatantly terrible episode in DB history not counting the obvious season 1 episode everyone talks about.

Even with my burning hatred of MvS2 I don't even think it can eclipse how purely horrible Shadow v Mewtwo is lol

Shadow v Mewtwo is probably the most blatantly terrible episode in DB history not counting the obvious season 1 episode everyone talks about.

Even with my burning hatred of MvS2 I don't even think it can eclipse how purely horrible Shadow v Mewtwo is lol
Not trying to defend the episode or anything, but I remember reading around some time ago that that episode had some behind the scenes trouble, with an animator leaving or about to leave or something like that.

Then again, that wouldn't adress the research, or perhaps it did give trouble to get the research going. Dunno.

Not trying to defend the episode or anything, but I remember reading around some time ago that that episode had some behind the scenes trouble, with an animator leaving or about to leave or something like that.

Then again, that wouldn't adress the research, or perhaps it did give trouble to get the research going. Dunno.
Shadow v Mewtwo? Yes, the animator either sabotaged or gave up on the project midway through due to losing an interest in Vs. It's why the fight is short as hell and literally unfinished.

I dont mind no fight set up so long as the reasoning for the fight is given DURING the fight. Like how AdamApoc was Apoc waging a war on Adam and the fight started as soon as Adam began defending. In this case, Silver's being arrested by Trunks and the fight begins once Trunks tries arresting him, and it looks like the dialogue in the first half of the fight will give their reasonings. I imagine the place Silver brought Trunks to is his destroyed future, and he'll say something like "Look around, this is what I'm trying to prevent! Is this what you want?" or something along those lines. Honestly it's a perfectly fine setup for the matchup, not having an extended opening dialogue sequence is actually good since it'll allow for more time for them to use the crazy shit Heroes & Archie have at their disposal.
Ben 10 vs GL is another case where a GL tries to arrest Ben 10. We know how that has become.

Since so far the fight hasn't done anything that Trunks vs Silver wouldn't do normally, outside of Warp Ring usage. Though really the crazy Xenoverse & Archie shit probably won't come out until their forms change.
Well Silver has used Warp Ring and some energy redirection. We shall see if things can go crazier.

I doubt it'd have to be Sauron then, its uh, the only one from the teaser left lol.
Mixed.

It's only a little bit on Trunks' end, probably due to the model he has, but it's not that bad honestly. Much better than some of the jank we've had on other fights like MadarAizen or TanJojo
Moved way past that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back