• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the reason they gave again? I remember it sounding reasonable enough, but it was awhile ago when I saw it (specifically when I first got into DB and binged all the episodes: for reference, this was after E3 2015), and apparently a LOT of people disagree...
Guts fights on daily demonic and godly beings above his capability, do Nightmare wasnt anything new and cuz Dragon Slayer being an astral plane means it can kill Soul Edge/Inferno whom is existing in such a plane

Predator vs Boba Fett my beloved

Alright lads, who wants to watch the Predator series

We've got
Predator
Predator 2 (I have never seen this movie, I can't find it anywhere)
Alien vs Predator
Alien vs Predator: Requi- actually, you know what, lets skip this one
Predators
The Predator...I guess
And Prey (When that comes out)

Oh and then there's the Alien vs Predator comics and video games (Also Predator: Hunting Grounds)
I'm down, just pass me a dm when you're ready along with where you wanna watch it and we're golden

Guts vs Nightmare's verdict is so bad, I flatout consider it bias, which is sth only deserved to Yang vs Tifa.

But the fight was good and people like Guts so no one cared that much then :V

EDIT: Mind you, this is with Chad, who unironically thought Guts can beat Kratos in DB Cast.
I don't have the image saved, but somebody said something like "Nightmare fights humans weaker than himself every day" in response to the episode's verdict once on the Death Battle Subreddit.

Honestly the huge stats gap is not even funny, Nightterror is literally the physical manifestation of a realm with constellations and shit and literal planets visible too, Guts couldnt do shit if he tried his all
Not to mention that when Night Terror enters the fight, the opponent passively gets transfered to Astral Chaos which has Passive Hax out the Ass.

I’m not that familiar with Guy vs Nightmare beside being wrong. How strong is he?
Country Level at worst to Moon Level for Nightmare, Planet Level at a Bare Minimum to Multi-Solar System for Night Terror. There's also an argument that Astral Chaos is an entire Universe in itself since it can literally breach into alternate Timelines in SC6 and other Universes like Star Wars in SC4.

I saw the episode when it premiered on Sunday via a Discord watch party but seeing the episode in full definition at a consistent framerate just hammered in how great it is to me.

Season 9 literally hasn't had anything lower than a B so far, and most of it has been A or even S.
I wasn't really into the first 3 MUs at all, but I can say the fights were at least pretty decent, even if SW vs Z was a little disappointing.

But everything from Thorgeta onwards has been consistently great like 8/10s or higher imo. If they keep this level of fight consistency, if the analysis' stay most entertaining like they have been, and we start getting more unique MUs in the 2nd half of the season, this could end up being one of my favorite DB Seasons yet.

I rlly hope it doesn't drop off after this
Heres my thoughts

this pretty much the strongest start to a DB season in history nearly every episode has been an 8/10 or a bit more and the weakest one (Wanda vs Z is still decent)
not a single episode has been bad so far at this point makes me hope Boba vs Predator continues to streak to cap off the first half of this season to be the strongest half

its me wonder how good the second half will be

The entire season has been about 7-9, so its quite consistent so far.

Tho this was actually 1st time the winner is someone I really wanted to win, so I can give it bias points yay lol

Star wars thing would have made it tier 3 and such, but its non canon and using guests for such is....yeah
Obviously, I'm more so focused on the fact that it can literally tear through Time to reach the original timeline from SC5 in Cassandra's Story Mode in SC6 meaning the cast should still scale to their original versions from Soul Blade through Soul Calibur 5.

Predator vs Boba Fett my beloved

Alright lads, who wants to watch the Predator series

We've got
Predator
Predator 2 (I have never seen this movie, I can't find it anywhere)
Alien vs Predator
Alien vs Predator: Requi- actually, you know what, lets skip this one
Predators
The Predator...I guess
And Prey (When that comes out)

Oh and then there's the Alien vs Predator comics and video games (Also Predator: Hunting Grounds)
Yo?? I'm ******* down, the Aliens and the Predator franchises are some of my fav sci-fi horror, and honestly, Requiem, while a bad film still has fantastic gear and feats for Yautja

Btw guys, I set up and wrote my very own fight for Michael Myers vs Jason Vorhees in my hopes for an ultra gory Live Action episode, would any of you be interested in reading it?

288k views so far
Yeah i think so, both have GREAT 3D models and it;ll be easier to portray their crazy arsenal than in Live Action
nlcyo1ad8hw81.png

https://journeytothewestresearch.com/

I’ve been notified by several people that the G1 Death Battle Fan Blog has posted a prediction. This blog is independent from the actual content creators. In a 7 to 6 split, the blog predicts Hercules will win, explaining that he is stronger and faster. While seemingly thorough, portions of their analysis make no sense.

They scale Sun Wukong’s speed not by his Cloud-Somersault (a metaphor for instantaneous travel) or his ability to carry mountains with meteoric speed but by the magic growth of his staff into a pillar of heaven. Why? They also provide astronomically large numbers without explaining how the figures were calculated, a very common problem with such versus discussions.

In addition, they wrongly state that the 72 Transformations grant Monkey immortality. He actually first attains immortality via Daoist elixir arts. Furthermore, they claim that Sun’s immortality can be taken away from him, referencing his turn in Laozi’s furnace. While the extreme heat was meant to extract the elixir from his body, it doesn’t work as Monkey was able to hide in a cooler part of the furnace. But we don’t know if this plan would have worked even if Sun had been stuck in direct heat. This is confusing an “intended result” with an “actual result”. But even if the heat could complete the job, how exactly is Hercules going to defeat Sun’s immortality. Does he also carry around a heavenly furnace? This is never explained in the analysis.

I don’t have time to analyze the entire article. I will reserve this space for the actual fight results.

G1 bois brutalized by actual schoolar kek.

What good death do you think the God of Strength deserved tho, perfomed by Sun specifically?

G1 being bad with vs analysis? What a shocking surprise.....
I barely see people questioning them, the majority seem to go along with everything.

What good death do you think the God of Strength deserved tho, perfomed by Sun specifically?

I barely see people questioning them, the majority seem to go along with everything.
Why should people question the results when their favourite character won? Also, arguments can be said they are still underselling both Herc and Wukong.

288k views so far

nlcyo1ad8hw81.png
Who made that? Looks promising.

Last edited:
Damn guys, VS wikia just got thrown shade at. Some guy went onto Ultra Guy's blog and complained about how they didn't properly defined the center mountain movement feat nor explained the cosmology of JttW. And accused them having VS wikia mentality for failing to do this.

Hulk vs Broly will always be there biggest L in just how ******* ridiculous they were wanking hulk
What about the fact Death Battle crew is downplaying him

I know you are referring to the G1 bloggers but do they not have bigger predictions that go against the outcome of the Death Battle episodes.

Damn guys, VS wikia just got thrown shade at. Some guy went onto Ultra Guy's blog and complained about how they didn't properly defined the center mountain movement feat nor explained the cosmology of JttW. And accused them having VS wikia mentality for failing to do this.
Some people accuses Ultraguy is one thing. Using "VS Battles Wiki" as a curse term is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back