• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is epic
unknown.png

I wonder will someone ask them how many episodes we're getting this season
Didn't someone on the team say "4 more episodes to go" around the time Thor VS Vegeta came out?
So, Tetsuo wins all his other MU's correct? I know he beats Mob and maybe Mewtwo?
Tetsuo wins if you don't give Mewtwo any scaling above Planet level or Mewtwo doesn't instantly erase his memories or something

Also I'm making something rn so give me matchups for Asuna (SAO), the skeleton guy from Overlord and Goblin Slayer

the fireside chat ended and here's a recap, i may have missed a few things, only had it as background noise

They did not answer whether this season is 16 or 20 episode long, despite people asking.

Ben said they want to bring Fire Emblem MUs, but said the verse is too tricky.
Someone asked if they plan to bring every Smash Ultimate character in the show at one point (since they have already done 1/3rd of the roster) they said maybe, but no Dark Samus, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer etc
They want to bring Guts back and if he comes back, it will be in 3D
Book characters are very very unlikely to ever show up. They never heard of Wings of Fire
  • Not well versed on Fire Emblem, though since it's a strategy RPG I can sorta see why it's kinda hard to dissect without aid of cutscenes and the only other non-game media they can pull from that I know of is a really old FE anime OVA from the 90's.
  • G&W and Wii Fit Trainer I can get since they never fought in canon and lack material and feats (and assuming that goes to Villager/Isabelle, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Dog/Duo as well) but Dark Samus is an odd exclusion.
  • 3D Guts would be neat, but I'm somewhat unsure if the current 3D team could do him justice.
  • Understandable, as sad to say since many book series lacks good visual feats and most book series are niche most of the time to a widespread audience. Only a few major ones had any popularity and spawn a few adaptations. Still, I would love to see a rep from The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson and Twilight.
The Researchers stated to show heavy interest in Super Skrull
Eh...prefer Deoxys from Pokémon as Super Skrull's opponent.

They would like to remake a lot of S1 matches-since most don't hold up, or are "cringe" early 2010's internet era, too outdated, though they said Batman vs Spider-Man and Thor vs Raiden still hold up, and yes I agree with them.
Agreed with Spider-Man VS Batman and Thor VS Raiden but I don't think they should remake most of S1 episodes since they could use more time on newer series and characters and I would rather see most of S1 characters fight someone else. Most of S1 MUs aren't really interesting to remake (some could be suited for a DBX instead). That said, Eggman VS Wily, Master Chief VS Doomguy/Doomslayer, Zangief VS Mike Haggar and maybe Zelda VS Peach could use a remake/touch-up.

Okay, this is epic
unknown.png
The Researchers stated to show heavy interest in Super Skrull

LOL
Cell vs Super Skrull VS Cell vs Doomsday
YMN
Roots
Bets
Bets on each MU
R8 TN
Track style/track name/music performers/cover artists
Animation style
Other MUs?

Didn't someone on the team say "4 more episodes to go" around the time Thor VS Vegeta came out?

Tetsuo wins if you don't give Mewtwo any scaling above Planet level or Mewtwo doesn't instantly erase his memories or something

Also I'm making something rn so give me matchups for Asuna (SAO), the skeleton guy from Overlord and Goblin Slayer
Asuna (SAO) vs Akatsuki (Log Horizon) or Sally (Bofuri) (?)
Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord) vs... Mumm-Ra (?)
Goblin Slayer vs The Mandalorian

Should we expect at least Thor vs Vegeta level hype?

Not well versed on Fire Emblem, though since it's a strategy RPG I can sorta see why it's kinda hard to dissect without aid of cutscenes and the only other non-game media they can pull from that I know of is a really old FE anime OVA from the 90's.
Assuming they'd just stay away from gameplay feats, they can probably check some of the manga adaptations, but the only "Smash Ultimate" characters those could apply to are Marth and Roy

ik Manga Roy is like, High 7-C and has amps w/ the Binding Blade and solid 9-B normally (I need to make that profile tbh)

Anyways from a buddy
while the crew can shoot their shot at what match ups, it isn't final. Also Magneto vs Tetsuo was supposed to happen last year but got pushed back to this season

Which makes sense Ben did say some MUs was supposed to happen last year but got pushed back for this season and it has history

Then what does that make Anos?
Game developer? Probably?

Ainz ooal gown also has Rimuru as MU.
If Ainz is a P2W player then Rimuru is the admin's son.
And Rimuru Tempest (web novel) has Kirby or Anos Voldigoad.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Rimuru Tempest (web novel) IS too much an AP stomp (one surpassing Korra vs Storm). But what about AOG vs Mumm-Ra or Skeletor (Marvel Comics)? (And why is Skeletor (Filmation) not yet having a profile here?)

Last edited:
What about Ike?
Ike doesn't really have any miscellaneous material like that afaik, though he does have pretty consistent "strongest Lord in the series" statements, so they could theoretically have Ike upscale from just about any feat or statement prior to Three Houses (something I'm also considering soon)

Ike doesn't really have any miscellaneous material like that afaik, though he does have pretty consistent "strongest Lord in the series" statements, so they could theoretically have Ike upscale from just about any feat or statement prior to Three Houses (something I'm also considering soon)
Do I remember it wrong but does Ailell destruction with Javelins of Light count as direct feats?

I doubt Death Battle would give FE FTL for dodging the Hoarfrost at a short distance but relativistic to relativistic+ is reasonable.

Which means FE TH characters are still faster than Trails high tier characters dodging Zodiac Rain but not by far - and the "what the name" planet slicing S-Craft attack still trumps over any island to country busting feat the FE TH characters have.

Last edited:
Cell vs Dark Samus was bit dumb, so not too big loss on that and since yall keep suggesting comics, I can say Cell vs Super-Skrull is fine, we dont need to stop comics duo matches entirely, just do cool ones and dont spam them.

I guess DB still hasnt vibed with FE MUs. I havent really vibed with one either. Unfortunately it seems FE is skipping this season too.

Cell vs Dark Samus was bit dumb, so not too big loss on that and since yall keep suggesting comics, I can say Cell vs Super-Skrull is fine, we dont need to stop comics duo matches entirely, just do cool ones and dont spam them.

I guess DB still hasnt vibed with FE MUs. I havent really vibed with one either. Unfortunately it seems FE is skipping this season too.
They had one FE matchup (Lucina vs Mulan) as a DBX and since that was a massive stomp which is not very popular this might confuse them in thinking that FE matchups may not draw good views.

On the other hand...
  • One Marth MU
  • One Lucina MU
  • Guts vs Dimitri (even in 3D)
  • Byleth Eisner vs Rean Schwarzer
  • Edelgard vs Kylo Ren
  • Claude vs Decidueye / Zelda / Hiccup / ...

Last edited:
Alright, I did a clip of the whole Smash Ultimate question they asked which leads up to the Fire Emblem MUs which leads to the Guts part

So yeah from Ben himself "I don't think we'll ever do Dark Samus"-though he didn't really explain why.

On one hand, **** YEAAAAAAAAAH, DARK SAMUS VS CELL ISN'T HAPPENING!
But on the other... **** NOOOOOOOOO, SUPER SKRULL VS CELL IS HAPPENING!
Still hoping for Cell vs Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back