• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, i knew Homelander's death was going to be brutal but between the jaw get rip apart and the head crashing move i actually felt slightly uncomfortable watch it, don't get me wrong it easily one of the best death on the series.
probably the noises he made before he died, like the horrified almost crying sound

8y3HfSw.png

Going up against a marvel character, like the whole reason poeple wanted new franchise was to have more varity in matches not just an excuse to have more capshit matches.
It was requested and not like it was some MU nobody wanted
and we had new Franchises in so far

Honestly this feels like the most Monkey paw shit possible.
Ye

Well that was a very cool death! Definitely the most gruesome death I’ve seen in the series. I’m not sure who wins the next time though.
Apparently, next time is one of those matchups where it depends on how they interpret a certain feat, in this case something Tetsuo did (I don't remember what, though).

It is interesting to see that Supes from The Boys have questionable actual combat skill.

I start to feel that even JJJ with Spider-Slayers could stand against Homelander because JJJ has many models and JJJ can stay out of harm's way.

Omni-Man: Looking at my eyes, you soul will burn.
No spoilers: Supes are trained by Vought to have actual combat skills.
They are just sloppy compared to the Viltrumites.

That feat most consider non combat applicable because in the manga and movie that's when he lost control of his powers
Even if Tets can, can Mags just shut down Tets' brain before anything?

We have heard Mags have crazy mind hax that spawns from electromagnetic manipulation but I want to know how good Mags' mind hax is compared to Tets'

Random, ultimately insignificant thing to bring up, but it's kinda weird Homelander was able to move his arms, cry, etc without his heart. Like I know the human body can keep going for like a few seconds without one but that's what was going through my mind when I first got to that part of the animation lol
Something something superhuman physique allows him to defy the laws of biology. Is that true for Homelander since it is true for Nolan? Idk, but I am going with that.

1. Dafuq kinda mind hax BS is that?

2. JFHC how many ways is there to mess with the brain?!
1. So Magneto messed up the brain of Apocalypse. What mind hax potency does Apocalypse have to compare?

2. What mind hax does Tetsuo Shima have to compare? Or just really powerful telekinesis and nothing else?

3. What even does "merging with the universe" mean at the end of Akira?

1. So Magneto messed up the brain of Apocalypse. What mind hax potency does Apocalypse have to compare?

2. What mind hax does Tetsuo Shima have to compare? Or just really powerful telekinesis and nothing else?

3. What even does "merging with the universe" mean at the end of Akira?
Apocalypse once mentally fought Jean Grey and won. She was weakened at the time so he doesn't completely scale but it is still a notable feat.

Random, ultimately insignificant thing to bring up, but it's kinda weird Homelander was able to move his arms, cry, etc without his heart. Like I know the human body can keep going for like a few seconds without one but that's what was going through my mind when I first got to that part of the animation lol
Homelander's a Supe, after all.

Also, it is funny that Homelander threats to harm everyone "JJJ" knows as Omni-Man knows some other Image heroes while knows all the in-universe characters.

It was pretty decent! Research wise, it was handled fine, they noted at the beginning that they were mainly going over what was already known in the shows and trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible which is good for a general audience, annoying for versus nerds like us though. They at least factored in the statistics that later parts would bring in, and even included Supreme Scaling? That's just ******* cruel man. The fight was a little.... short, honestly, but tbh there was no way Omni-Man wasn't gonna mop Homelander up quickly. I do like the bits that were there though, once again, one of the best openings & setups for a fight in the series, I really liked the interactions that were there like Omni-Man telling Homelander how to actually throw a ******* punch while completely dismantling his defense. Also absolutely one of the best fight finishers we've ever gotten, Nolan's final lines were ******* raw as hell and the kill is one of the best they've ever done. Didn't think they'd top Vegeta vs Thor's kill as the best kill this season immediately after it, but they sure as hell did. I'm happy enough with how this came out, despite both opponents having better MUs.

I do think they pretty badly misrepresented Homelander's Supersonic shouting and how it would affect Omni-Man, as there's no proof Homelander's screaming would affect him (considering other characters in The Boys have resisted it), the Viltrumites are only really weak to a very specific sound frequency found with a lot of studying, so it's absolutely not something Homelander could capitalize on, but I guess he needed at least ONE benefit in the fight (even if they admit it's somewhat ineffective).

Very ******* unfortunate that Homelander took the sex feat though, that makes Travis less likely and Buffy very unlikely now imo, which really sucks, Travis is one of the characters I wanna see the most. All 3 of his MUs could be ******* awesome (Scott Pilgrim, Jack Cayman, Starkiller)

Oh nice, Mags vs Tetsuo! I know everyone's upset about more capeshit, and yeah, it's tiresome, but for once it's a capeshit match that I care about and actually think is really good thematically! It seems generally a lot closer than most of the other matches we've gotten this season (well, with the usual "depending on what you buy about [insert feat]"), there'd be a lot of interesting ability & haxx trading and fun banter potential. I hope it's a good fight and they don't fold it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back