• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be more positive

List you're favorite Mu and why it's ur favorite?
Yukari vs Altair, no question. Incredibly thematic on every level, shockingly close (I've gone back and forth on who wins a few times now, though it partially depends on how far you highball them), insane potential for creative choreography and ability trading, and of course excellent dialogue and music potential.

It will never happen, and even if Yukari happens to be popular enough to warrant a MU, she has far more popular MUs and Altair is a bit unknown to casuals. Maybe I'll work on my own script for it if I ever find a break from the constant Touhou revisions here.

I also find it pretty…what’s a good word for it, trying, when people are all critical of comic verses, being all like “this is wank, this X level feat is like three tiers too high and that’s being generous, this other feat is an outlier” and so easily turn around to a non-comic franchise—normally some anime or anime adjacent—and accept pretty much everything without a second thought, especially if it results in a comic loss. “Terumi is easily 5D with a wall of hax! Simon is 11D, no questions asked! Raidou’s cosmology is soooo much bigger than comics! Seiya is infinite multiversal at the very least with speeds surpassing light at a magnitude with 60 zeroes at the end!”
THANK YOU!

Terumi, Raidou, and Seiya all have a ton of anti-feats (if people treated them the same as they do comics, there’d be “why aren’t they destroying planets left and right?”), and Simon’s is vague as hell. Even then that’s not my point. Y’all go into comics expecting to pick apart everything, but the minute something eastern pulls equal levels of bullshit, and yes, once you hit cosmic, it’s all the same level of bullshit narratively, there’s less grains of salt taken than a freshwater aquarium.
Simon's not really that vague tbh but I see your points. Tho, I don't think the characters you listed have much "anti-feats"

Is this referring to a specific feat?

Because I'm pretty sure that happens every other week in DC/Marvel.
The highest ones mentioned in Wanda vs Zatanna.

ZSCFkFlqAAoj12SesRsYBXfKUt3v9b0xZstrhg7DGIO6Zcmme_XJqrHGlVevGpZCb04bwAjmOIU_=s1600

Last edited:
you can't have your characters going around destroying everything everytime they punch someone, thats outright bad storytelling
We could simply write something that "this monster destroyed something", "that hero defeated that monster and restored everything" and people are as happily living as before. If the characters are too OP they could just defeat some evil god then ascend to righteous godhood and pass the torch to the next generation.

We saw that quite from time to time in anime and tokusatsu.

Interesting. I do expect Girono to appear next season.
Behold of 1-A vs 9-C with tier 7 powers.

I am not that fearing for a Liam's Wank because Liam AFAIK likes both Jojo and Persona so both verses should receive similar Liam's Wank and this factor should be evened out.

I am more worried about how they distinguished and compared among the different chapters of SMT and by extent Persona. Like a lot of characters still lived among other normal human level humans like normal humans despite having the power of outerversal gods.

(To me comics are fine if they establish good settings that retcon powers by certain really big events. Just there are a lot of big events in comics. In particular Marvel and DC.)

Friendship ended with Ororo Munroe or Izanami-no-Mikoto - Nami is the real best opponent against Domenico Pucci.

Let's be more positive

Monster Hunter (MH/Capcom) Vs Bloodborne Hunter (Soulsborne/FS), Profiles here (for reference):

*Introduces two long overdue popular video game franchises to DB.

*The animation potential is limitless with the vast array of weapons both characters have.

*The soundtrack will have an epic scope with both franchises usually reserving vocals for tough or iconic fights.

*Both franchise's contributed to the "git gud" memes and known to be pretty tough for casual gamers.

*It's a close and debatable MU depending on what you buy for both characters (since both heavily rely on lore).

*I'm may have put too much time into their games.
What has been the absolute best episode ever made? Mine favourites are Steven vs Star, Kirby vs Majin Buu and Danny Phantom vs American Dragon.
Samurai Jack Vs Afro follow closely by Goro Vs Machamp/Iron Man Vs Lex Luthor. Both fights are high quality to the point, I can't help but appreciate the effort that was put it into making them which only causes me to enjoy them more.

They're gold standard for hand-drawn and 3D Vs animation respectively imo.

Honourable mention to Doomsday Vs Hulk for the visceral sound design alone.

Let's be more positive

Tari VS Miko Kubota
Both featured my favorite gamer girls from two series I like, have solid connections and theming and the music potential could go hard on chiptune and electronic. Plus, it introduces two new series and helps them get some notice since GT is obscure and MR has some decent but not noticeable popularity.
What has been the absolute best episode ever made? Mine favourites are Steven vs Star, Kirby vs Majin Buu and Danny Phantom vs American Dragon.
Harley Quinn VS Jinx, Goro VS Machamp, Obi-Wan VS Kakashi and Wario VS King Dedede

Let's be more positive

the knight vs the traveler. (guardian tale vs genshi impac)

best MU so far for both and potentially debatable if you buy the fake knight stuff.

An ost for environmental in battle good enough.

in the fight we could have both their female and male versions, eh even get to a point to switch to guardian tale's Sprite chibi style for both. ( a combination of 3D genshi and 2D guardian tale)

a lot of references to previous death battles, like good memes moment (we could have a lot of reference to old death battles thanks to guardian tale, which is characterized in general by putting a lot of references)

We could simply write something that "this monster destroyed something", "that hero defeated that monster and restored everything" and people are as happily living as before. If the characters are too OP they could just defeat some evil god then ascend to righteous godhood and pass the torch to the next generation.

We saw that quite from time to time in anime and tokusatsu.
I'm just saying that because someones not nuking the whole universe everytime they punch someone when they should be doing that isn't an anti feat, you can't just have people nuking the city every time they fight someone that'd just be ridiculous for the story. Having them nuke everything and be able to restore it just to flex how strong they are is pretty dumb too, that completely ruins the stakes of the story. You also can't risk passing the torch to someone in a medium like comics either since that'd possibly lose money and alienate readers super hard.

Let's be more positive
I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. Moinka vs Yukari Yakumo will be a fight I really want to see. Both are my favorite characters of all time and they really mean a lot to me as a writer and as a person, so why not see the two of them fight to the death. (Or to kiss)

What has been the absolute worst Death Battle episode of all time to you? If we are talking about objective quality, first Boba Fett vs Samus easily wins. But if we are talking about content, Ben 10 vs Green Lantern has been the most hated episode of all time.
For something that offends me personally to the point I have an eternal vendetta against it, R*ven VS Twilight

well Reverse Flash had better sprites out there too.....my guess is that those sprites don't work well with the 3D enviorment/puppet style they work with. IDK, my guess is that there's going to be plenty of hand-drawn stuff and it wouldn't look good in a complete 3D fight.

my other theory is that they wanted to avoid another Mikasa vs Blake disaster so they played it safe with sprites.

Still kinda wierd they decided to make this fight 2d, seeing as Jonathan and Tanjiro have some solid 3d models out of any match up.
Budget pal. Pay for every 3D model or 2D sprite and check the bill.
Let's be more positive

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. Moinka vs Yukari Yakumo will be a fight I really want to see. Both are my favorite characters of all time and they really mean a lot to me as a writer and as a person, so why not see the two of them fight to the death. (Or to kiss)
I say it again:
Monika vs Miyuki Sone and Yukari Yakumo vs Altair (Re:Creators) exist.

And Monika vs Miyuki Sone is just making sense that anyone really knows what DDLC and Totono are (and that DDLC is sort of inspired by Totono) should have their eyes fixed on this matchup.

I am fine with Yukari Yakumo vs Dimentio or Hoopa but we know Yukari vs Altair is the MU.

They don't have to pay for sprites or models unless they're custom made by themselves lol
The other way round: they pay to outsiders for existing sprites and models or use their internal man hours to make custom sprites/models.

Behold of 1-A vs 9-C with tier 7 powers.

I am not that fearing for a Liam's Wank because Liam AFAIK likes both Jojo and Persona so both verses should receive similar Liam's Wank and this factor should be evened out.

I am more worried about how they distinguished and compared among the different chapters of SMT and by extent Persona. Like a lot of characters still lived among other normal human level humans like normal humans despite having the power of outerversal gods.
Putting this out there, they legit laugh at our Persona scaling. Joker in that matchup won’t be anywhere near what we have him at. SMT? Different story. Persona? What I said.

Last edited:
The other way round: they pay to outsiders for existing sprites and models or use their internal man hours to make custom sprites/models.
No, if they paid sprite artists who made a Goku sprite sheet for example and paid him to let them use it it'd literally be illegal and get the artist DMCA'd and possibly sued, all DB does for outsider fanmade sprites is credit them. They obviously don't pay the parent companies for permission to use their models either there's 0 proof of that ever happening, they use the official models without asking like most fan animations do.

Jonathan has amazing mugen sprites too idk where or why they're using that garbage sprite they have rn
we don't know how good it is we only' got a pic of it that look awkward
well Reverse Flash had better sprites out there too.....my guess is that those sprites don't work well with the 3D enviorment/puppet style they work with. IDK, my guess is that there's going to be plenty of hand-drawn stuff and it wouldn't look good in a complete 3D fight.

he really didn't outside this
dezx4tr-236ba7d2-2d94-414e-9310-3e2d5f13c0fd.png

Still kinda wierd they decided to make this fight 2d, seeing as Jonathan and Tanjiro have some solid 3d models out of any match up.
eh its being in Sprites was never out of the question and would probably too much of a pain trying to animate the effects for Tanjiro where Sprites are much easier with HD

No, if they paid sprite artists who made a Goku sprite sheet for example and paid him to let them use it it'd literally be illegal and get the artist DMCA'd and possibly sued, all DB does for outsider fanmade sprites is credit them. They obviously don't pay the parent companies for permission to use their models either there's 0 proof of that ever happening, they use the official models without asking like most fan animations do.
This. Heck I’m pretty sure Zatanna was an edited Morrigan sprite.

Also I actually asked a dev of HDBZ (we've known each other for a while before I'm not weird lol) and they've said they don't receive any payment for them using their work, or even get asked if they can use it

Great and thanks. Now I and everyone else learn more about the copyright laws and its practical application in the US.

I ask this because I keep seeing and hearing Death Battle videos get shut down because some sprites and models and other materials being not properly paid and credited for.

Also I actually asked a dev of HDBZ (we've known each other for a while before I'm not weird lol) and they've said they don't receive any payment for them using their work, or even get asked if they can use it
Holy. This means Death Battle, while being profit making for Rooster Teeth, can potentially become a big contingent liability.
Putting this out there, they legit laugh at our Persona scaling. Joker in that matchup. won’t be anywhere near what we have him at. SMT? Different story. Persona? What I said.
If they decide to downplay SMT and Persona I am fine. But it does take some brain acrobatics and cherry picking skills to keep SMT standings from being applicable to Persona unless they decide to just ignore or just brush off with some non-reasons.

Great and thanks. Now I and everyone else learn more about the copyright laws and its practical application in the US.

I ask this because I keep seeing and hearing Death Battle videos get shut down because some sprites and models and other materials being not properly paid and credited for.
The only ones that have been taken down is TMNT and Beerus vs Galaxia tho and thats for unrelated reasons to sprite work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back