• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Jonathan outright killing Nezuko once he notices she has fangs
Considering Jonathan literally befriended a Zombie, who are probably even more far gone than Vampires in his verse, he wouldn't hurt what looks like a small child, especially if she wasn't attacking anyone.

If anything, Jonathan would probably question why this strange person had a small gagged child in a basket on his back.

Watched the new death battle. I liked both characters but I was rooting for Wanda since I made a bigass CRT for her VSBW page years ago.

This was a very well-animated fight, kudos to the death battle team. Great voice acting too. Can't wait to see what happens next.

As for the results and analysis, it's kind of hard to criticize since marvel and dc are just so massive that they can pretty much pick and choose the results of any fight. I think them claiming that Zatanna doesn't need to speak backwards while showing her using pantomines because she needed to speak backwards is ******* annoying, though. I know it's an inconsistency with the comics more than the actual show but DB shouldn't have glossed that over; she definitely doesn't just speak backwards/speak in general for the hell of it. Also, was there truly no way for Wanda to exploit her human-tier durability? That sounds like some bullshit to me, too.

They also pointed out how Doctor Strange and Emma Frost were able to counteract 'No More Mutants' to some level, which is great but like...they did almost nothing to that spell. It still wiped out 99.99% of mutants across the universe/multiverse/omniverse, and that was with the world's greatest sorcerer holding her back. Deleting 99% of a person is a K.O., if I remember correctly.

And for all the analysis, how the **** did she kill Scarlet Witch? Even in the analysis it said that SW could counter most of her powers. I know SW sanity is a major weakness but it still feels lame that it was essentially 'she got distracted ggs'.

Just in general this fight doesn't feel right to me, although I'm not good with really old dc stuff.
Overall, banger fight, but I disagree with the conclusion and the analysis felt pretty biased to me ("Let's focus on one weakness and gloss over another!") but with characters this old and this bullshitty, it's hard to be fair.
Actually, just to add to this in general, it did sort of feel like the fight was heavily biased in the winner's favor, from the portrayal of the characters to the analysis. Could've been a lot worse, though.

Man I really don't like how Death Battle glossed over Zatanna's weaknesses but super omega wanked off her sanity weakness. Like, SW is just way, wayy stronger than Zatanna in terms of sheer scale and AP. They even admit as much; they compared Pralaya to SW, and Pralaya was far stronger than Zatanna. It took the entirety of the Justice League Dark combined to hold her off.

They also didn't give a satisfactory explanation for why Wanda couldn't just delete her. But I'd just be repeating myself by that point.

How bad is Wanda’s mental instability at full power? If she actually goes screaming Broly-mode I could see that having a big impact on her strategically.
It's inconsistent. She wasn't at hulk/broly mode at House of M at all, moreso just very unhinged and slowly falling apart...

But that wasn't due entirely to her powers. House of M was an incredibly personal event for Wanda and her instability came almost entirely from her endless grief and rage surrounding the specifics of that event, and even then she was able to bend the specifics of the universe to her will. I feel like in a random fight with a random girl she wouldn't be nearly as unhinged, just mad. I'd argue that played a bigger role.

Tanjiro would never fight somebody to the death, especially a human. So it's hard to say how they will go about it. Killing Nezuko would be in bad taste imo

Me thinks Tanjiro will be sent on a mission to kill a demon terrorizing a village, only to see Jonathan already in action and he would be curious of Jonathan. Basically another sparing match turn into a fight to the death.

Last edited:
Honestly after rewatching Wanda Vs Zatanna a couple more times it kinda gave me similar vibes to She-Ra Vs WW:

*The DC character was in control of the fight for most of it.

*The opponent was arrogant and boastful.

*The "fake out" was predictable and kinda lame.

*It made it seem like the DC character was holding back the entire time until the end.

*The animation itself was short.

Yeah I'm changing my mind this DB is a 6.5 or 7/10 for me. The music, the scope and research was good but everything else was either subpar or felt like it was retreading on familiar ground imo.

Vertigo Constantine is genuinely useless without prep, he'd get slapped hard.

Composite Constantine is probably like 1-A to DB though lol. Well, he's 1-A to us too but only via OOC equipment.
IIRC I think it was that he didn't really help Zatanna with that 1-A feat. Plus one of the researchers thinks he loses to his most popular matchup, Raidou.

IIRC I think it was that he didn't really help Zatanna with that 1-A feat. Plus one of the researchers thinks he loses to his most popular matchup, Raidou.
oh really?
Honestly after rewatching Wanda Vs Zatanna a couple more times it kinda gave me similar vibes to She-Ra Vs WW:

*It made it seem like the DC character was holding back the entire time until the end.

Yeah I'm changing my mind this DB is a 6.5 or 7/10 for me. The music, the scope and research was good but everything else was either subpar or felt like it was retreading on familiar ground imo.

depends on how the season goes it could be higher or lower as time passes by
for now its fine but it did have it flaws

research and all talking about omniverse/creation/reality and such being destroyed msnipulated and all seems too complex for casual audience to understand, i feel like reactors would be left confused from all that or not understand a thing
yeah they just mention both bringing reality back didn't go into the dimensional tiering route
They also brought up Immeasurable Speed

So basically, they made the DC character look good in comparison to their opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back