• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Not even true as most of them, if not all, have displayed high end feats.
Yeah, under specific circumstances.
PLEASE don't even use the High 6-C tier as it's pretty much BS anyway.
lmao
And no, many mutants aren't has based.
It's true, most of them aren't based, they're pretty cringe.
2. No and many of his feats are based on power.
No scans?
3. Doesn't change the fact that she takes hits from heavy hitters
No scans?
stop confusing standard abilities for has.
Her whole thing is energy manip.
BRUH Jean grey is higher than 3-C lmfao. Nice downplay.
Yes, Jean Grey when in a specific state where she is considered unstoppable by just about everyone, Magneto included, is higher than 3-C. Jean Grey in her day to day self is not.
Again, stop confusing standard abilities for hax.
How the **** is absolute zero not hax
Man can regenerate on a high scale, he ain't no glass cannon.
"used to be"
And you wonder why people don't take this sites comic stats seriously.
No I wonder why people don't read a single comic book in their whole lives and base their opinions off movies + reading the opinions of people who have also never read a single comic book in their lives, and then defend those opinions like they're fact

Yeah, under specific circumstances.

lmao

It's true, most of them aren't based, they're pretty cringe.

No scans?

No scans?

Her whole thing is energy manip.

Yes, Jean Grey when in a specific state where she is considered unstoppable by just about everyone, Magneto included, is higher than 3-C. Jean Grey in her day to day self is not.

How the **** is absolute zero not hax

"used to be"

No I wonder why people don't read a single comic book in their whole lives and base their opinions off reading the opinions of people who have also never read a single comic book in their lives, and then defend those opinions like they're fact
1. Not really for the most part?

2-5. There are scans. Look at any analysis blog and respect thread. Also #3 was a typo.

6. So? Doesn't change the fact that it derives from her power.

7. Pretty sure she's higher than 3-C like every herald but not opening that can of worms.

8. Okay I didn't;t recognize that, but still. That doesn't negate Bobby's feats as many involve his actual power.

Don't act like you know more about comics. And I guarantee you a lot of people do read comics. How else are they supposed to link stuff and most evidence for shit. And that last part was very hypocritical considering how insistent you were on your comic stats.

Just watched last episode, definitely another great episode worth remember.

Easily 8/10, although i would really like to know the context behind the highest feats for both Scarlet Witch and Zatanna, just to know if they are as impressive as implied.

Town level DIO is via his stand, is it not?
More like Large Town level with both Stand and himself.

Don't act like you know more about comics. And I guarantee you a lot of people do read comics. How else are they supposed to link stuff and most evidence for shit. And that last part was very hypocritical considering how insistent you were on your comic stats.
I will act like I know more about comics than you, because I do know more about comics than you, because I actually read them, and I have made dozens of profiles for Marvel and DC alike, not based off respect threads but based off me reading every single issue of every run they have, which is several hundreds in many cases, John Constantine took me like 700-ish total. Meanwhile, you're making claims based off stuff that other people have gathered without any direct context for the actual characters' stories and general portrayal. I'm not saying I'm an expert of Marvel or DC and I'm not saying everything I say is correct, I'm just saying I actually have first-hand experience with the verse in question.

Tbh Magneto scaling to heralds is whack, he should scale to the abstracts.

On a serious note I never really got why people tend to scale Magneto so high. Like, sure I think him being able to tango with heralds is fine but on the basis that he's has decently broken abilities and not that he can output as much power as they can. Honestly prefer it that way, I like the idea of a guy being able to handle peeps that are way beyond his weight class.

Eh doubt it
The universe creation is far too vague in its nature and is more of a combination feat, requiring Akira to pull off in the manga
It's vague in the manga, but in the movie he just blatantly creates a big bang on his own. And DB does use the anime for Manga characters as seen in DIOcard, where both characters got feats that would have been way lower going only on the manga.

Tbh Magneto scaling to heralds is whack, he should scale to the abstracts.

On a serious note I never really got why people tend to scale Magneto so high. Like, sure I think him being able to tango with heralds is fine but on the basis that he's has decently broken abilities and not that he can output as much power as they can. Honestly prefer it that way, I like the idea of a guy being able to handle peeps that are way beyond his weight class.
I know Speedy does, and he has more than enough showings of it.

From what little I’ve read of Mags his forcefields have blocked hits from some heavy hitters so there’s that. I’d fully research Mags but for some reason X-Men comics are extremely uninteresting to me

As for Tetsuo, I can easily tell our Akira pages are outdated so I’m guessing his profile doesn’t really reflect what he can do very well. His P&A section doesn’t have a single scan :V

I will act like I know more about comics than you, because I do know more about comics than you, because I actually read them, and I have made dozens of profiles for Marvel and DC alike, not based off respect threads but based off me reading every single issue of every run they have, which is several hundreds in many cases, John Constantine took me like 700-ish total. Meanwhile, you're making claims based off stuff that other people have gathered without any direct context for the actual characters' stories and general portrayal. I'm not saying I'm an expert of Marvel or DC and I'm not saying everything I say is correct, I'm just saying I actually have first-hand experience with the verse in question.
Oh get off your high horse. You act like people who make those threads literally don't read comics for research. Maybe I'd take you more seriously if you didn't make that much outlandish claims towards the characters powers.

From what little I’ve read of Mags his forcefields have blocked hits from some heavy hitters so there’s that. I’d fully research Mags but for some reason X-Men comics are extremely uninteresting to me
That is literally all Marvel Comics supporters, 2010s Marvel's psyop has succeded

We do scale his forcefields to High 6-C, just not his AP. Which is kinda weird but to be fair Magneto's powers areweird.
As for Tetsuo, I can easily tell our Akira pages are outdated so I’m guessing his profile doesn’t really reflect what he can do very well. His P&A section doesn’t have a single scan :V
They were actually updated fairly recently, I think the users were a little inexperienced though.

IMO I think that the our comic profiles are "safe" ends for the characters. In a conventional ruleset, it's totally unreasonable to make them any lower than they are. And that's the point. What we have are safe ends until we try to find how strong the characters truly are.

Shockingly, researching 85 to 90 years of comics made by dozens of people many of whom have stated multiple times to not give a **** about versus debating trying to find what's consistent takes a while.

Oh get off your high horse. You act like people who make those threads literally don't read comics for research. Maybe I'd take you more seriously if you didn't make that much outlandish claims towards the characters powers.
I'm not saying people don't make research. Plenty do and plenty of people get their threads approved and added, and plenty more just don't interface with VSBW and their research is elsewhere, we're not the only battleboarding site out there. What I am saying is that you seemignly haven't, and while there's literally nothing wrong with that, objectively speaking, I do know Marvel Comics better than you do under a battleboarding standpoint. It's not an insult it's literally just true.

Anyway, I'm getting kinda dickish here and ultimately it's not a debate at all, so I'm gonna step back and unfollow to not ruin people's fun, but I'm gonna repeat, I think most people, if they were to read a large enough slice of Marvel Comics without preconceived notions, would probably come to the conclusion that our profiles are not that downplayed, and may even fall a little bit on the other side of the spectrum.

Watched the new death battle. I liked both characters but I was rooting for Wanda since I made a bigass CRT for her VSBW page years ago.

This was a very well-animated fight, kudos to the death battle team. Great voice acting too. Can't wait to see what happens next.

As for the results and analysis, it's kind of hard to criticize since marvel and dc are just so massive that they can pretty much pick and choose the results of any fight. I think them claiming that Zatanna doesn't need to speak backwards while showing her using pantomines because she needed to speak backwards is ******* annoying, though. I know it's an inconsistency with the comics more than the actual show but DB shouldn't have glossed that over; she definitely doesn't just speak backwards/speak in general for the hell of it. Also, was there truly no way for Wanda to exploit her human-tier durability? That sounds like some bullshit to me, too.

They also pointed out how Doctor Strange and Emma Frost were able to counteract 'No More Mutants' to some level, which is great but like...they did almost nothing to that spell. It still wiped out 99.99% of mutants across the universe/multiverse/omniverse, and that was with the world's greatest sorcerer holding her back. Deleting 99% of a person is a K.O., if I remember correctly.

And for all the analysis, how the **** did she kill Scarlet Witch? Even in the analysis it said that SW could counter most of her powers. I know SW sanity is a major weakness but it still feels lame that it was essentially 'she got distracted ggs'.

Just in general this fight doesn't feel right to me, although I'm not good with really old dc stuff.
Overall, banger fight, but I disagree with the conclusion and the analysis felt pretty biased to me ("Let's focus on one weakness and gloss over another!") but with characters this old and this bullshitty, it's hard to be fair.

I'm not saying people don't make research. Plenty do and plenty of people get their threads approved and added, and plenty more just don't interface with VSBW and their research is elsewhere, we're not the only battleboarding site out there. What I am saying is that you seemignly haven't, and while there's literally nothing wrong with that, objectively speaking, I do know Marvel Comics better than you do under a battleboarding standpoint. It's not an insult it's literally just true.
Okay fine whatever. Sorry if I got heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back