• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is a stomp in jinx's favor
By our standards yes, but with death battle ... yeah she probably still stomps.

As in... he doesn't have much? Or are all of the series MUs hotly contested?
Not directly related to what that guy is saying, but I don't really see the point of using SpongeBob on the show honestly. It's not like he has consistent feats at all. He goes from being too weak to pick up two teddy bears on a pole to being strong enough to walk through a steel wall. I don't really think he's a good character to use in versus debating for that reason - sure, other characters are inconsistent, but SpongeBob is very consistently inconsistent to the point where only focusing on his strongest feats wouldn't really accurately represent him.

He is more often portrayed as a total weakling than a powerhouse, but you know if DB used him they'd only focus on the number of times he was strong for the sake of a joke. Or just say that he has "toonforce" and wins against whoever he goes up against because of that.

Honestly, after Saitama VS Popeye, I'm really hoping they don't use any more "toonforce" characters, cause it feels like they just think "toonforce" is like a defined power that's consistent across all characters and an instant win button. Toonforce is kinda just something that was made up on battleboards based on that one line in Roger Rabbit. Sure, you can say for some characters it's a thing that exists - Popeye is consistently able to punch a character and transform them into something else - but for SpongeBob, yeah he does wacky things sometimes that are impossible to explain, but I don't necessarily think that makes him unbeatable in a fight.

Last edited:
Spongebob is immune to physical damage in one ep
But in another ep got ripped in half by a gorrila
Honestly puts goku getting hurt by regular bullets to shame
Toons just seem to get a free pass when it comes to inconsistency. I assume because it’s more fun to use Spongebob galaxy busting over him struggling to lift a branch

Not directly related to what that guy is saying, but I don't really see the point of using SpongeBob on the show honestly. It's not like he has consistent feats at all. He goes from being too weak to pick up two teddy bears on a pole to being strong enough to walk through a steel wall. I don't really think he's a good character to use in versus debating for that reason - sure, other characters are inconsistent, but SpongeBob is very consistently inconsistent to the point where only focusing on his strongest feats wouldn't really accurately represent him.

He is more often portrayed as a total weakling than a powerhouse, but you know if DB used him they'd only focus on the number of times he was strong for the sake of a joke. Or just say that he has "toonforce" and wins against whoever he goes up against because of that.

Honestly, after Saitama VS Popeye, I'm really hoping they don't use any more "toonforce" characters, cause it feels like they just think "toonforce" is like a defined power that's consistent across all charactersa and an instant win button. Toonforce is kinda just something that was made up on battleboards based on that one line in Roger Rabbit. Sure, you can say for some characters it's a thing that exists - Popeye is consistently able to punch a character and transform them into something else - but for SpongeBob, yeah he does wacky things sometimes that are impossible to explain, but I don't necessarily think that makes him unbeatable in a fight.
I mean there is a few I could see them bringing on that have toon force. If they follow through with Kenny be Cu Chulainn if Kenny is considered to have toon force

Hey who wants a really stupid MU the was born from discord nonsense? I spent as much time on the thumbnail as the MU deserves, really...

t82FX2T.png

Youngster Joey VS Weevil Underwood (Pokemon VS Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Connections:
Monster Tamers who are on the shorter side, act as early series opponents to the main characters, and hype up their super underwhelming 'ace' monster to the point of it becoming memetic in their respective fandoms ("It’s like my Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattata" VS "This is nothing you've ever faced before or will face again! Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth!").

Track Name: "The Perfectly Ultimate Top Percent" (I will also accept: "Bugging You Over The Phone")

Pros:

1. It amuses me.

2. New series for Death Battle (...As if this would ever be the first Yu-Gi-Oh! pick...)

3. Do I need to say anything else? Just look at it.

Cons:

1. ...None. It's the perfectly ultimate matchup. It's in the top percent. Move over Wiz VS Boomstick we have a new Series Finale.
Forget Ash VS Yugi! Now THIS is the ideal Pokémon VS Yu-Gi-Oh matchup!

Honestly, after Saitama VS Popeye, I'm really hoping they don't use any more "toonforce" characters, cause it feels like they just think "toonforce" is like a defined power that's consistent across all charactersa and an instant win button. Toonforce is kinda just something that was made up on battleboards based on that one line in Roger Rabbit. Sure, you can say for some characters it's a thing that exists - Popeye is consistently able to punch a character and transform them into something else - but for SpongeBob, yeah he does wacky things sometimes that are impossible to explain, but I don't necessarily think that makes him unbeatable in a fight.
Yeah, using SpongeBob is hard to adapt in a versus show, but it would be cool to see my childhood cartoon sponge in a fight. Maybe a DBX is best suited?

when can we expect the song leak?

I wonder who's G1 is going with Harley vs Jinx

Because I feel like things shifted today. Jinx felt like the sure winner, then suddenly she's not.

Don't people pair SpongeBob and Gumball the most? Like, pretty sure that's the most popular. Used to think Chowder would be fun for SpongeBob too but eh.

But yeah I figured Bill Vs Discord would be popular. Even if most of those people who request it and want it are just people who want an MLP spite match because they think Bill is literally unbeatable. It's a good idea in general though, just not gonna like the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back