• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was y'all who initiate the drama, I just say that SCP were lame fanfictions, and then y'all decided to dogpile me for my opinion.
With all due respect, nobody dogpiled you. You said that you dislike SCP and most people disagreed with you. That's how sharing opinions works. If you share yours we're elect to share ours. Nobody personally attacked though.

Isn't Jay Garrick like the slowest flash lol
... Slower than the two big Flashes and the two big Zooms sure.

This is probably the nuttiest thing you can expect them to pull for Adam
Okay. ... Does this The Spectre use a weaker avatar?

Okay let us focus back to the possible Death Battle matchups.

**** it, I'm in the mood for some copium.

Brandon stated that (at least) one of the matchups happening in this half of the season already had a track commission. Trunks has been revealed, but not his opponent, and this season is focusing on new franchises (e.g. Dragon Quest). This means Trunks vs Luminary is technically a possibility, since it has a commission track.

Like I say, copium.
Very big copium. Also removal of Silver's one notable opponent of choice.

What about speculations of other matchups with a commissioned Brandon Yates track possible instead?

What about speculations of when Brandon Yates resumes his commissioned music composing? (I remember he is taking a break for 2 weeks since "Laughing Mad")

Old news: (4:09 am · 18 Aug 2022·Twitter Web App)

James Bond vs John Wick is now an upcoming Death Battle announced to the public.

I love the analogies somehow (accurate or not) you may have a look.

You gjys think Junpei's healing factor and baseball stuff is enough to get him on DB compared to other Persona guy?
I mean, many fans want a Persona representative in Death Battle.
(A big amount of fans want the P5 Joker to torture and execute the poor Jojo 5 Giorno Giovanna for a big chunk of time and this episode is not yet up - not even announced (something the crew will consider sure).)
To the point people are digging into alternatives for Joker and for Giorno.
And the other representatives are not likely to get into Death Battle before one or two of the big names come in.

What about speculations of other matchups with a commissioned Brandon Yates track possible instead?

What about speculations of when Brandon Yates resumes his commissioned music composing? (I remember he is taking a break for 2 weeks since "Laughing Mad")
I imagine he'll either be another few weeks, to a couple months. Iirc his breaks in between volumes are usually to work on stuff like DBs. Hopefully he gives ample time to prepare for comms.

episodes with women, especially if both are women or if the woman wins always under perform, Desk of DB getting mediocre views, no female character teased for the rest of the season

Death Battle and their audience are sexist af
I would not call Death Battle sexist.

Episodes with women, especially if both are women or if the woman wins always under perform < this is a general phenomenon but this can be more contributed to the fact that the animators (whom a significant some are female) does relatively poor in capturing the charm.
Also for the fact that some characters - regardless of sex and gender and gender orientation - rely on hax which are hard to represent and maintain a charm in a Death Battle. (Remember: there are a huge lot of female characters at Japanese ACGN works.)
You may actually them feminist however due to the fact that female characters have a significantly bigger win rate than male characters and some are done either by picking significantly weaker male opponents or by "poorly made if not blatantly rigged" research - or both.

Desk of Death Battle getting mediocre views is more of a problem for the series itself.

Maybe the female opponents are actually intentionally hidden for surprise. Who knows.

I mean, many fans want a Persona representative in Death Battle.
(A big amount of fans want the P5 Joker to torture and execute the poor Jojo 5 Giorno Giovanna for a big chunk of time and this episode is not yet up - not even announced (something the crew will consider sure).)
To the point people are digging into alternatives for Joker and for Giorno.
And the other representatives are not likely to get into Death Battle before one or two of the big names come in.
Jason, I dont mean to be rude, but Joker isn't the only character people care about in persona
episodes with women, especially if both are women or if the woman wins always under perform, Desk of DB getting mediocre views, no female character teased for the rest of the season

Death Battle and their audience are sexist af
Or gay or both

Jason, I dont mean to be rude, but Joker isn't the only character people care about in persona
You may stop triggering yourself.

I see your point.
And true Joker is not the only character people care about in Persona.

Just that we wait until Season 6 to see a Persona 3 character to show up. And we know a lot of other Persona characters are potentials to come to Death Battle. Just that Joker and Kira Adachi are totally big names people will put them up in higher priorities.

I would not call Death Battle sexist.

Episodes with women, especially if both are women or if the woman wins always under perform < this is a general phenomenon but this can be more contributed to the fact that the animators (whom a significant some are female) does relatively poor in capturing the charm.
Also for the fact that some characters - regardless of sex and gender and gender orientation - rely on hax which are hard to represent and maintain a charm in a Death Battle. (Remember: there are a huge lot of female characters at Japanese ACGN works.)
You may actually them feminist however due to the fact that female characters have a significantly bigger win rate than male characters and some are done either by picking significantly weaker male opponents or by "poorly made if not blatantly rigged" research - or both.

Desk of Death Battle getting mediocre views is more of a problem for the series itself.

Maybe the female opponents are actually intentionally hidden for surprise. Who knows.
yeah you're right, its just how things are. it's not going to go away. I think its about the same for WWE. I remembered the women match-ups being discarded with most fans online rolling their eyes at the women fights, though I heard nowadays WWE Women fights are taken more seriously-who knows really

Just the nature of VS i guess.

Wanda vs Z and Harley vs Jinx did better in comparison to last year Women vs Women episodes
But overall it's a women vs men episode tend to do far better
true, though I think Omnilander gave those fights a well needed boost, now both will be at 2mil views soon, which will be reached wayy faster than some episodes last two seasons, so maybe there's more to women fights performance

anyways Omnilander is 2k views from surpassing Hulk vs Broly. Holy crap.

Well let's see
Bond vs Wick- big name action heroes should do relatively well In views

Trunks vs Silver- Dragon Ball popularity+ Sonic popularity equals good views and as usual Dragon Ball is a View Magnet

Black Adam vs Apocalypse -Marvel vs DC, Black Adam movie should give it a boost to do well(if it's Good)

Sauron vs Lich- decent views at least,LOTR is popular and has an upcoming show so that should help it

true, though I think Omnilander gave those fights a well needed boost, now both will be at 2mil views soon, which will be reached wayy faster than some episodes last two seasons, so maybe there's more to women fights performance

anyways Omnilander is 2k views from surpassing Hulk vs Broly. Holy crap.
Sure. The Boys and Image Comics animation adaptation are still popular nowadays. I see this normal.

And this is on top of the spite fuelled and an actually greatly made hand drawn animation.

OmniLander had so much going for it that it was pretty much lightning in a bottle. A MU that even casuals are aware of, recent media boosting the popularity of both characters, hand-drawn animation making it rewatchable even for the casual audience, genuinely great story and voice acting, and a very cathartic ending.

I'm disappointed that no other MU this season will have anywhere near this number of factors boosting its views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back