• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ovf2gcq1a2681.jpg
🤔

I know that’s the guy from wow The lich king right?

who wins it?

My Honest thoughts on Trunks vs Silver
trunks_vs_silver_v2_by_shitposter6969_df81vf1-pre.jpg

Mu: MU wise its not bad solid connections and Silver is what if Trunks was a hedgehog
What hurts this MU is the redundancy with it given theres tons of Fight of it with the same outcome of Trunks stomping Silver while also being nothing to write home about

does this mean DB can't do it justice? no, any MU Good,Bad or Meh can be a fun episode done right its all about execution at the end of the day
Trunks vs Silver can be a fun episode done right if they put the effort into it
Dragon Ball fights since Roshi vs Jiraya had been strongly consistent in quality and the last two Sonic fights have been solid animation wise so we could have something good here

Alternatives:
Silver has zero ALts so not wasting my time there

Trunks has a few but lets go over them

Cable: Was a CDB and i would say it has a Strong shot if weren't for the fact that Thor vs Vegeta was our big Dragon Ball vs Comic MU of the season and doing it would retread old ground from it and Cable had his best with Booster and not in a dire need of runback plus he has nothing to warrant another via comics and new promotional media

Luminary/Chrono: decent shot via new franchises and Magus vs Piccolo being a CDB but im not holding my breath here
also Regarding folks mindset on whether they'll buy Uni Super forms
i don't see why not
B-But Past Episodes
if we're looking at the last two lets see
Mario vs Sonic 2- Was a S5 episode and the season itself was known to have outdated and shit research so wouldn't rely on that
Shadow vs Ryuko: they brought Up Solaris in the Black Box and the Uni Feats in the QnA so they do buy Uni Super Forms plus if you're doing Trunks vs Silver u might as well put Silver at Uni to make it look fair

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure they'll finally acknowledge Uni+ Super forms.

I guess this was bound to happen as it enables them to essentially redo Shadow Vs Vegeta with the new feats and accepted power levels of both franchises since Death Battle's infancy where Sonic characters can actually put up more of a fight now, and if not for the multipliers shit could actually be a close battle.

To be fair, while we've never seen him use it in battle, Silver seems to have a method of time travel he could use. Trunks needs a whole ass machine and stuff so if we try and make up a BS excuse they could have Silver win via time travel but I highly doubt it

I mean it's all kinda moot though because even then, doesn't base Trunks get the scaling? Don't even know if Silver could one-shot a base Trunks even with the Super form by DB's standards

Every DB fight from now on will mention it because it's the basis for their entire scaling chain in Super

It's also (Canon) Goku's first feat that got him into Uni so yeah
Pretty much
Stuff like Infinite Zamasu and WOV we're done by other high tiers n shit hard to scale trunks to em
So BOG feat we go

lol someone crying over Bond vs Wick
Man DB Fans are ungrateful brats
I can understand the disappointment. Bourne vs Bond was such a requested match-up and for them to use Wick, because he's more popular nowadays and it's the current thing...it stings.
I know my dude Joshua K will be very disappointed, he really wanted Bond vs Bourne. Oh well, both of these characters can show up later on

yes But DB been flip floppy on it mainly the God Forms be getting it lately
Even then Silver can kill Trunks at his birth, before Trunks can even obtain the Super universe level power.

(Or just to have Trunks time travel back to intercept the would be baby killer, or even more, time travel to where Silver was born and both kill the oponents' baby form.)

I can understand the disappointment. Bourne vs Bond was such a requested match-up and for them to use Wick, because he's more popular nowadays and it's the current thing...it stings.
I know my dude Joshua K will be very disappointed, he really wanted Bond vs Bourne. Oh well, both of these characters can show up later on
But can the popularity push Jason Bourne back?

Still surprised there using Trunks instead of someone else
it does leave more room for future DB Reps now that we're getting thru the big name ones
Back to our list (only the bigger names):
Frieza
Cell
Gohan
Piccolo
Hit
Gogeta/Vegito
Android 17
Baby
Omega Shenron
Nappa
Pilaf Gang
(Runback?) Zamasu / Fusion Zamasu
(Runback?) Goku

... Yeah. Still a couple of characters left.

Recall the Goku week by Brandon Yates (with technically only 4 songs from 3 matchups)
We kind of have a mock Goku vs Sonic by having Trunks vs Silver now.

Last edited:
Huh. Well, I can't lie, I am exceptionally pleased that Trunks is coming, cause it means getting KaiserNeko as Trunks. Sleeping for the other MUs though, I've got no real attachment to them but hey, they'll probably be good episodes.

Even then Silver can kill Trunks at his birth, before Trunks can even obtain the Super universe level power.

(Or just to have Trunks time travel back to intercept the would be baby killer, or even more, time travel to where Silver was born and both kill the oponents' baby form.)
This is why Time Travel being a basis for a wincon sucks lol

Imma be real with you chief, Homestuck aint getting on
Didn't they mention pretty recently that it was on the table? I recall someone mentioning something about that, from the RTX event or smthn.

Hey, would you guys care about Fortnite in DB?
I think Jonesy in Death Battle would be ******* HILARIOUS and probably a really fun episode, I'd be down for it. Though I doubt they'll actually touch Fortnite unless Epic approaches them for a sponsor like with Warframe.

Also, Rouge may not even be fighting Sly Cooper if Sly Cooper is fighting Rocket Raccoon instead.
Why the **** would Sly Cooper fight Rocket Raccoon? There's like, no connections there besides racoons with weapons. They'd never do that. Especially not when Sly has two infinitely better and infinitely more requested MUs like Lupin the III (the only good Sly MU imo) or Rouge.

Nah... I couldn't careless tbh, the games have pretty much given up on doing anything worthwhile with Silver, let's not forget the last time he actually played a major playable role in a Sonic game (just being a cheerleader or getting beat up hardly counts) was in Sonic Rivals 2 roughly 15yrs ago. So when/if (copium) Silver gets obliterated by Trunks, I'll feel nothing since Silver was already rigged to lose by his own franchise.
I wouldn't even say that, especially since most of the most important/highest tier Sonic scaling are the games Silver is from in the first place. He definitely tapered out in popularity (outside of the comics, he always flourished there). He's definitely lost a lot of relevance though, outside of jobbing to Infinite he hasn't done much of note. I hope they do something big with him sometime.

Lol no chief that MU ain't all that Popular
Blaze most popular MU is Sailor Mars, Starfire and Rivet as of Late
Huh, I guess I've spent too long on this forum then lol. I've heard Starfire but I doubt they'd do that MU, isn't Sailor Mars gaining more traction with Reimu as of late?

Rivet vs Blaze is actually a really good one, I never really thought of that. Sounds like it might be fun to look into....

Rouge looking to be the only Sonic character who could get the franchise a win at this point unless they pick an MU where Blaze actually wins.

And I'm really sad to see Trunks appear. Seeing Silver take yet another L on a fight literally everyone already knows the outcome to and has been done multiple times with the same outcome just sucks.

I would be hopeful and say "well maybe they'll say that Silver could reflect and block attacks from Solaris who can eat timelines" but then I remember the ******* scaling they give Dragon Ball characters where it far eclipses anything in the games.

Oh well. I pretty much accepted Silver would inevitably appear on the show for this spite match
You could reason Silver to rank to multiversal stuff off of a combination of Rush Adventure, 06, and Shuffle feats/scaling which would beat out any of DBs multipliers, but we know DB isn't gonna buy it based on their precedent of how they rate Sonic. He's likely just gonna get either a uni or a like 2-3x uni and they'll call it a day, he wont compare to Trunks probably getting several hundred thousand times uni based on how they rate DBS.

In terms of Sonic fights, the last major dub the franchise could pull is Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut, which is pretty solidly in Archie Knux's court. Everything else is very uncertain. Blaze depends on whatever her MU is (wins against Rivet iirc, loses to most others)
just a bit paranoid, but i can understand where you're coming from

I'm getting GB vs RF vibes here actually. I think they want to recreate the time fuckery shenanigans fight again
This would actually be the best outcome for the fight, if we get a GB vs RF -esque fight with them both time travelling to different points in time and causing havoc. Would make for a visually entertaining fight if nothing else. Just so long as time travel isn't the deciding factor of the fight, cause there's never been an instance in DB history where a time travel based death was ever done well imo lol. Using them as set dressing for changing the fight or making it more intense is very rad imo.

You are referring to Sly Cooper vs Lupin III right? Cooper time stop plus cane GG and Lupin III is not that tough to resist head crush unlike Rouge.
Actually I've seen some scans and calcs floating around that would make Lupin actually more durable and have higher AP than Sly, there's a good debate for Lupin actually taking it.

also Regarding folks mindset on whether they'll buy Uni Super forms
i don't see why not

if we're looking at the last two lets see
Mario vs Sonic 2- Was a S5 episode and the season itself was known to have outdated and shit research so wouldn't rely on that
Shadow vs Ryuko: they brought Up Solaris in the Black Box and the Uni Feats in the QnA so they do buy Uni Super Forms plus if you're doing Trunks vs Silver u might as well put Silver at Uni to make it look fair
I understand it's probably different now, but for a lot of casual viewers when they're presented with a franchise consistently getting poor treatment across the franchises history consistently and has a wild loss count, they'll usually assume the worst going forward. I know like, dozens of people that refuse to watch anymore DB because of how some series were treated in the past so it's definitely something to keep in mind going forward when thinking about perception and such.

Hell, as much as I pay attention to stuff behind the scenes I still generally expect the worst going into a Sonic episode considering how long things were how they were. The fact that uni stuff still didn't get mentioned in eps to date is crazy.

You can deadass now recreate Goku vs Superman in Fortnite 😭
I've spent the entire day playing this ******* game with friends losing out goddamn minds over how absolutely silly this stuff is. Watching my friend scream Vegeta quotes as he gets too cocky and dies in Fort is the some of hte most fun I've had in ages.

Yeah them putting Silver at Multi would legit surprise me I'd be extremely shocked. Especially since that definitely would give him the win since Trunks doesn't have hax that can bypass Silver's defences. Would be the upset of the century.

But now that Sonic is in the limelight again I suspect there will be more introspection on the scaling and Super forms and Solaris with the research team. It could happen but I think we've all presumed it won't lol

So does anyone here not believe in VSW stats for Silver since recent buffs would have him beat Trunks lol

Good to know we can place that ep in Wrong at the DB accuracy thread :V
I don't, tbh.

Sonic just has too many supporters to argue with so I stop caring. I think they should stay at Uni+ and low quad c in Super forms at max personally, maybe even lower tbh but that's just me.

But do I relish the fact Sonic characters could beat DBS characters here? Yeah

In terms of Sonic fights, the last major dub the franchise could pull is Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut, which is pretty solidly in Archie Knux's court. Everything else is very uncertain. Blaze depends on whatever her MU is (wins against Rivet iirc, loses to most others)
What about Espio?
I've spent the entire day playing this ******* game with friends losing out goddamn minds over how absolutely silly this stuff is. Watching my friend scream Vegeta quotes as he gets too cocky and dies in Fort is the some of hte most fun I've had in ages.

Didn't they mention pretty recently that it was on the table? I recall someone mentioning something about that, from the RTX event or smthn.
Did they? I have no idea what happened at RTX, is there any place I can watch like clips?
I think Jonesy in Death Battle would be ******* HILARIOUS and probably a really fun episode, I'd be down for it. Though I doubt they'll actually touch Fortnite unless Epic approaches them for a sponsor like with Warframe.
Yeah, also dont know whod he fight

Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Eggman repeat, Archie Knux vs Juggernaut & Chaos vs Kyogre feels like last Sonic eps that are greatly viable.

Hmmm on that, are there even verses that are "finished" in DB? As in verse has gotten all of their big matches in DB? I dont think that has happened.
Imagine a point where DB has used about any big name characters they had and they are left with the ones who people wanted to see for a while but didnt cuz are not as big

Actually, wait. I assumed the upgrade was due to something else. If Shuffle is Canon, which some might find dubious, then the upgrade does make sense actually. Seems pretty clear-cut actually.

Only issue is if the DB team did get notified of this I would probably assume their first question would be "is it consistent?" and try to attack it based on that.

Wow. 2-B Game Sonic being a reality.

Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Eggman repeat, Archie Knux vs Juggernaut & Chaos vs Kyogre feels like last Sonic eps that are greatly viable.

Hmmm on that, are there even verses that are "finished" in DB? As in verse has gotten all of their big matches in DB? I dont think that has happened.
Oh good lord Eggman is gonna be a debate.

I'm fully prepared to advocate for his most popular opponent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back