• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to finally have a Sonic match I can be completely happy with man, no hangups, no issues. No bad animation, no poor treatment of the characters, no mischaracterization, no spite, no ****** up research, no massively lost potential. Just a good fight I can finally be ******* happy with.

I would be hopeful since its a Dragon Ball episode, but the fact its a Sonic character one of the hosts have explicitly shown a dislike of before does not make me hopeful.
Nah... I couldn't careless tbh, the games have pretty much given up on doing anything worthwhile with Silver, let's not forget the last time he actually played a major playable role in a Sonic game (just being a cheerleader or getting beat up hardly counts) was in Sonic Rivals 2 roughly 15yrs ago. So when/if (copium) Silver gets obliterated by Trunks, I'll feel nothing since Silver was already rigged to lose by his own franchise.

Personally I want to see how DB would justify the battle being "close" thanks to the massive volume scaling they've got for the DBS characters (even Black/Zamasu arc characters scale quite high).

This has been a Community Death Battle back then, Black Adam movie is out soon, makes sense Black Adam fights Apocalypse very soon.
(Typical DC vs Marvel rule of thumb and Cable vs Booster Gold case say Black Adam wins. But who knows a Ghost Rider vs Lobo case is coming.)
The matchup has a DBX version last year.

By the way, I have heard that there is proposal which upgrades JttW to 1-A in VS Battles Wiki. And Sun Wukong VS Son Goku is already an Execution of Kakarot.

It's happening
Uni mftl+ Sonic is coming
And it'll be ******* worthless
At the very best DB will likely scale super forms to x2 universal AP (via the Egg Wizard), scale speed to this and ofc give Silver the "hax advantage" but like you said worthless.

I just hope those normie fans don't that take this DB as Ian Flynn's being actually being "correct" in his infamous Bumblecast interviews but hey anything to fuel anti-WoG helps in Vs debating.

Tbh I initially thought there's no way DB will give the same franchise two Ls in one season then I remembered Venom and Hulk got brought back in the same season to be fed to an anime character (literally in Venom's case), so never say never (more cope).

Thorgeta feels like it came out a couple years ago WTF!?!

At the very best DB will likely scale super forms to x2 universal AP (via the Egg Wizard), scale speed to this and ofc give Silver the "hax advantage" but like you said worthless.

I just hope those normie fans don't that take this DB as Ian Flynn's being actually being "correct" in his infamous Bumblecast interviews but hey anything to fuel anti-WoG helps in Vs debating.

Tbh I initially thought there's no way DB will give the same franchise two Ls in one season then I remembered Venom and Hulk got brought back in the same season to be fed to an anime character (literally in Venom's case), so never say never (more cope).

Thorgeta feels like it came out a couple years ago WTF!?!
Venom defeated Bane back in Season 4. He only got literally fed to Crona Gorgon with Ragnarok.

Hulk is truly a double loser. So is Lex Luthor. Hulk vs Lex Luthor when.

But yeah a same franchises eating more than one L is totally doable. And (a possibility realised or not) DC dying to LOL and Marvel technically fits into this. Juicy.

Watch Poison Ivy fighting Hashirama Senju or Yoko Kurama or even Kamen Rider Gaim.

It's happening
Uni mftl+ Sonic is coming
And it'll be ******* worthless
Trunks: (mimicking Silver) It's no use.

Quite a shame if we think about it. Is Blaze the Cat fighting against Sailor Mars or Starfire? Do not pit her against Azula since she already gets Cinder Fall.

Remember the time when Vegeta is not a brick finally? Able to do existence erasure and soul hax and stuffs? We have Thorgeta.

Thorgeta is bring requested decades ago so that's that. Good thing it gets talked about. Better they actually have more clicks.

Theoretically 3D fights, hand drawn fights, live action fights and "mixed production style" fights should generate views. And this "amplifies" how sinful Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man is.

Last edited:
Imagine if they (Ben, really) gave Silver the ire given to Shadow in Shadow VS Mewtwo. I always had a feeling the spite wasn’t directed at Shadow per se, he was just the proxy to not have Silver fight Mewtwo and became the punching bag as a result.

Rouge looking to be the only Sonic character who could get the franchise a win at this point unless they pick an MU where Blaze actually wins.

And I'm really sad to see Trunks appear. Seeing Silver take yet another L on a fight literally everyone already knows the outcome to and has been done multiple times with the same outcome just sucks.

I would be hopeful and say "well maybe they'll say that Silver could reflect and block attacks from Solaris who can eat timelines" but then I remember the ******* scaling they give Dragon Ball characters where it far eclipses anything in the games.

Oh well. I pretty much accepted Silver would inevitably appear on the show for this spite match

what gives you that idea?
Well, we all know it's a stomp in Trunks's favor, a lot of people consider it a spite matchup, and apparently one of the DB guys (can't remember who) has gone on record that they don't like Silver. Can't help but wonder if they're doing this just to have an excuse to kill the poor hedgehog in a brutal fashion.

Eh, that's probably just me being paranoid, though...

Well, we all know it's a stomp in Trunks's favor, a lot of people consider it a spite matchup, and apparently one of the DB guys (can't remember who) has gone on record that they don't like Silver. Can't help but wonder if they're doing this just to have an excuse to kill the poor hedgehog in a brutal fashion.

Eh, that's probably just me being paranoid, though...
just a bit paranoid, but i can understand where you're coming from

I'm getting GB vs RF vibes here actually. I think they want to recreate the time fuckery shenanigans fight again

i wouldn't really mind. tho aren't they all just skins?

I don't see them ever using that verse, despite it's potential for clicks which i actually don't think they would attract many
Ability wise they wouldn't differ, it's mostly just story wise they'd be different
I think the more fun part of the MU is what they could possibly give the characters

Rouge looking to be the only Sonic character who could get the franchise a win at this point unless they pick an MU where Blaze actually wins.

And I'm really sad to see Trunks appear. Seeing Silver take yet another L on a fight literally everyone already knows the outcome to and has been done multiple times with the same outcome just sucks.

I would be hopeful and say "well maybe they'll say that Silver could reflect and block attacks from Solaris who can eat timelines" but then I remember the ******* scaling they give Dragon Ball characters where it far eclipses anything in the games.

Oh well. I pretty much accepted Silver would inevitably appear on the show for this spite match
If you want to argue out of stretch, we can argue for a spite since "everyone wants Trunks to execute Silver" and we can play an OmniLander here.

just a bit paranoid, but i can understand where you're coming from

I'm getting GB vs RF vibes here actually. I think they want to recreate the time fuckery shenanigans fight again
This also. Death Battle is actually quite great in doing battles with time manipulation characters.

Well Rouge isn't the only one actually. Archie Knuckles has risen up a bit so that could be a W. There's also Chaos potentially, though unlikely.
Yeah. Remember Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut?

Also, Rouge may not even be fighting Sly Cooper if Sly Cooper is fighting Rocket Raccoon instead.

(Then throw Rouge against a lady thief with an outerversal deity level Persona did I just say out loud)

I don't even think Rocket is a choice anyone brings up
But GOTG 3 is coming. There is going to be at least one matchup. How everyone reacts if Star-lord fights against Shepard and Star-lord actually lost soemhow.

Be a shame if they didn't bring him on, Chaos vs Kyogre seems really cool
Listen to Boomstick humming "catastrophic, these visions so twisted, a wish so "beep"ing pure"

Yeah but literally no one has ever asked for that in the entire time I've been in the versus community, I've seen Lupin more
You are referring to Sly Cooper vs Lupin III right? Cooper time stop plus cane GG and Lupin III is not that tough to resist head crush unlike Rouge.

This There more likely doing Starlord vs Shepard than Rocket really
Yeah Star-lord vs Shepard is just as popular if not more popular than Rocket Raccoon vs Sly Cooper.

Just are they fast enough to realise Star-lord vs Shepard into being - Star-lord vs Shepard is a recent Community Death Battle IIRC.

My Honest thoughts on Trunks vs Silver
trunks_vs_silver_v2_by_shitposter6969_df81vf1-pre.jpg

Mu: MU wise its not bad solid connections and Silver is what if Trunks was a hedgehog
What hurts this MU is the redundancy with it given theres tons of Fight of it with the same outcome of Trunks stomping Silver while also being nothing to write home about

does this mean DB can't do it justice? no, any MU Good,Bad or Meh can be a fun episode done right its all about execution at the end of the day
Trunks vs Silver can be a fun episode done right if they put the effort into it
Dragon Ball fights since Roshi vs Jiraya had been strongly consistent in quality and the last two Sonic fights have been solid animation wise so we could have something good here

Alternatives:
Silver has zero ALts so not wasting my time there

Trunks has a few but lets go over them

Cable: Was a CDB and i would say it has a Strong shot if weren't for the fact that Thor vs Vegeta was our big Dragon Ball vs Comic MU of the season and doing it would retread old ground from it and Cable had his best with Booster and not in a dire need of runback plus he has nothing to warrant another via comics and new promotional media

Luminary/Chrono: decent shot via new franchises and Magus vs Piccolo being a CDB but im not holding my breath here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back