• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Carnage - can you find a Xenoblade / Xenosaga / Xenogears opponent for Lucy (Elfen Lied), Chise (Saikano) and Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono)?

Challenge accepted:
(Well, for two of those, anyway)

Lucy (Elfen Lied)

I mentioned this on a previous chart, but Lucy did end up as a HM for Shion Uzuki (y'know, before she got booked for an appointment with Maruki). Credit where it's due, though, both do have trauma aspects going on, and also have 'alternate sides' to them that draw out those behaviours (at least allegedly. Shion is 'the other half of Mary', and was subjected to U-DO experiments, in much the same way as Kaede was shot in the head to create her alternate personalities). I can't speak much beyond that, though.

Also, if D & J is going to work for Carnage, it can work for Lucy. Inhabitants of Aionios are either born asexually, or are an avatar that Z inhabits. Take that as you will.

Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono)

If you ever wanted a curveball to throw at Rex/Aegis MUs, this is basically it, from what I can tell. If I'm understanding this 'imprint' correctly, it's basically the same as Pyra giving half of her Aegis CC to Rex to revive him (minus the res?), and while I probably shouldn't be giving the "XC2 is oversexualised!!1!" crowd ammo by making ani boob jokes until the cows are milked... I do not deny it, it's a little too easy.

Now, as for the last o-

Chise (Saikano)

FaRotqvWYAAN_L4.jpg

...That's a non-combat Harem anime that doesn't have a 'Chise' character, lest I'm mistaken? And the closest VS search result gave me Theresa Apocalypse, a H3I character (a series I am not familiar with either), so unless you want me to find suggestions in her place... help?

shoot, champ
Okay, the character in question:
child soldier
lost family due to being caught in the middle of a conflict
cursed to be forever young, body of a child
mind powers (mind breaking, telepathy, mind reading, an instant death touch via disconnecting the mind/soul from the body)
killed LOTS of people against his will initially via guerilla warfare in a resistance movement and values his own survival above everything else
physically very weak, relies heavily on traps and preparation
despite being very good at killing, is surprisingly not a ****** and HATES pain (although if given the choice would inflict pain rather than take it himself)
just wants to be left alone and live a quite life
was captured and spent nearly 60 years in prison before the government forces him into an agency to investigate crimes with a team of people he isn't a fan of
slowly grows closer to the team
hates being touched
very paranoid (checks for poisons, traps, and takes detours constantly to throw off potential followers)
may or may not be a host to an eldritch abomination of infinite madness and insatiable hunger
very good manipulator

I'd file this under Noah MUs (at least for the first few), and then you mentioned the whole 'never ageing child soldier who lost his family', and then I remembered that Cherenkov is a thing.

• Was initially a military Lieutenant for the Woglinde
  • Lashed out at several due to attempts to resist Personality Reconditioning, which included his 'wife' and child among the victims.
  • Spends more time with an epipen (or however you spell it) due to those experiments.
  • Eventually confides in the party the conspiracy he knew of, and the second chance Margulis gave him.
...among other points

"I tried to adapt... But the language I spoke was so different from the rest of the world. I thought the entire world had rejected me. But the Commander… It felt like he really needed me. I saw a future for myself in the Commander... Or, I wanted to, at least. But I had to rely on the drugs to communicate with the rest of the world. It was because I hadn't changed... After everything that happened, I hadn't changed at all. Now I finally understand. The world didn't reject me. I rejected the world."
~ Andrew Cherenkov, Xenosaga 1, Scene 84.

I'd file this under Noah MUs (at least for the first few), and then you mentioned the whole 'never ageing child soldier who lost his family', and then I remembered that Cherenkov is a thing.

• Was initially a military Lieutenant for the Woglinde
  • Lashed out at several due to attempts to resist Personality Reconditioning, which included his 'wife' and child among the victims.
  • Spends more time with an epipen (or however you spell it) due to those experiments.
  • Eventually confides in the party the conspiracy he knew of, and the second chance Margulis gave him.
...among other points

"I tried to adapt... But the language I spoke was so different from the rest of the world. I thought the entire world had rejected me. But the Commander… It felt like he really needed me. I saw a future for myself in the Commander... Or, I wanted to, at least. But I had to rely on the drugs to communicate with the rest of the world. It was because I hadn't changed... After everything that happened, I hadn't changed at all. Now I finally understand. The world didn't reject me. I rejected the world."
~ Andrew Cherenkov, Xenosaga 1, Scene 84.
Hmm, interesting. Should research more what this Cherenkov’s deal is.

No point in guessing this one. Unless there's a massive curveball that they think will draw more, Silver's getting fed to Trunks.
They did say they were gonna go full "what the ****" MU mode and to me nothing seems more unexpected than showing Trunks and then making him fight not Silver, so there's a chance of him fighting anyone else but at this point I'm just lying to myself, he's ******* fighting Silver lmao

They did say they were gonna go full "what the ****" MU mode and to me nothing seems more unexpected than showing Trunks and then making him fight not Silver, so there's a chance of him fighting anyone else but at this point I'm just lying to myself, he's ******* fighting Silver lmao
My bet for the "what the ****" MU is either the cereal mascot BR or Bakugo vs Squidward. Brandon did say we were getting a fight that was a commission of his, so...

It's pretty likely Trunks is gonna absolutely destroy fight Silver, although I wouldn't completely rule out characters like Crono. If it's Silver, which it prob will be, we'll finally see what they think about universal super forms even though it won't matter in the slightest since multipliers are gonna make Trunks a zillion times universal and there's no way they're gonna buy any speed feat in in Sonic as being close to the shockwave feat in DBS, let alone the speed Trunks will get.

Not gonna lie, I will legit die of laughter if @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara was right despite it being a joke post, and they substituted Trunks in for Hit fighting Sakuya as the curveball MU for DB. Might actually fall out of my chair, even.

augh not looking forward to another Sonic loss, since the crew doesn't buy anything that could net Silver the win (and dont think I forgot about that graph you posted back around Shadow vs Mewtwo, Ben).

Hopefully we'll at least get better Sonic stats for once, Uni Super forms and MFTL would be appreciated. Just let the episode be of the usual quality of a DB episode and don't treat Silver like ******* shit, and maybe I'll finally have a Sonic fight on this show I can fully enjoy without any caveats.

In a VC with my Dragon Ball friends when I mentioned they were doing Trunks and Silver was his most popular MU, and they were wondering how tf Trunks was supposed to win and then they started laughing about some weird fanfic shit he apparently pulled in Super, what goes on in that series LOL
Not gonna lie, I will legit die of laughter if @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara was right despite it being a joke post, and they substituted Trunks in for Hit fighting Sakuya as the curveball MU for DB. Might actually fall out of my chair, even.
This would be the objective funniest ******* option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back