• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then yah, this is clearly to promote the movie, whether anybody likes it or not
The intent is clear.
Well once Black Adam is on, they can always add back Shazam if they see fit.

so you think we getting Bondwick revealed and/or rest of S9 teaser tomorrow or wait another week?

I'm going to say, Bondwick gets revealed, but teaser isn't until next week or even two weeks from now.
If they did announce such Bond vs Wick as season 9 part 2 premiere on Death Battle Cast, then it is sufficient for us to start a season 9 part 2 discussion thread this weekend, which I will make one within 24 hours after the release of such DBX if you can all wait.

Now Fire Force was there, Rooster Teeth Animation will know how to twist the story to make Ruby Rose leagues above Maka Albarn.
I have confidence that they would attempt to do that.
Gohan: Ain't I brick enough?
Gohan VS Nobita Nobi (Doraemon)
For how long we have not had a fight with giant size characters?
HercWukong?
so you think we getting Bondwick revealed and/or rest of S9 teaser tomorrow or wait another week?

I'm going to say, Bondwick gets revealed, but teaser isn't until next week or even two weeks from now.
Maybe.

By the way,

Last edited:
You might be happy to learn that Warner Bros does not in fact give a shit about that.
Money talks my dude, I hope it's not too controversial to say but ethics and morals only apply to big business if it's profitable, nothing more nothing less.
For MultiVersus, we have a calculation blog which is awaiting for adjustment. It seems that the feats are consistently in Small Building level.
I'm guessing MultiVersus will having similar crossover standards to Smash? Also the Multiverse in general has become a very popular topic among the normies thanks to MCU(MCM), MultiVersus, various written mediums and more plus there's Sonic Prime (coming soon on Netflix) which is also about the Multiverse.

I honestly want multiversus to add more of the classic cartoon network shows, like why no samurai jack? why no powerpuff girls? why no ben 10? and so on, these are good shows from a time CN was great, heck even from their more newer ones, regular show was one of their best modern cartoons, yet not in there either
Probably in future seasons to maintain long term interest, perhaps one iconic CN show gets a rep (or two) per season?

Call me when they add Ed Edd n Eddy
Call me when they add Dexter.

AND NOW, FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_POST_XC3_-_V1.png

JOYCAP POST-XC3 XENO JRPG VS MU SPREADS - V1

(tbh I was going to add a gif of Moebius D breakdancing to a spongebob meme, but ezgif doesn't want to work atm, so I won't)

So, how are we going to handle this?

I think to start, I'll focus on some of the main six, and see how accurate my guesses for their MUs have been (in a 'Kangaskid shiny speculation' kind of way). So, let's get started!

1) Noah.

What were his MUs? One of either Balder (Bayonetta) or a PLA rep. Leaning towards Balder on this one. And all things considered... I was bang on the money with this one. Noah being another version of N isn't too dissimlar to how Balder is a vessel of Aesir (creating FB from Bayo 1), and while the Keves/Agnus war being a result of Moebius being similar to the Umbran Witches / Lumen Sages fight for the eyes of the world (order/chaos and all that) doesn't quite play as big of a role, it's still a welcome addition. Oh, and Rosa dying is similar to what happens to Mio, so there's that.

Grade: A+

2) Mio.

(initial) MU of choice: Sheik

Yeah, I'm not going to beat around the bush, I had no idea what I was doing with this one. I just saw 'flute' and thought 'eh, it's a placeholder'. Grade: F.

So, what are we doing instead? Well...

Mio_vs_Yoshizawa.png

MvSYZExp.png

3) Lanz

I had a choice of two MUs for this one: Junpei Iori (Persona 3), or... Balthus (FE3H)... for some reason, so we're focusing on Junpei Iori for this one. And not to toot my own horn, but this one checks out. Both are the 'fun-loving knuckleheads' of stories about a short life (Lanz having 10 terms, and Junpei being a character in Persona 3 (you should know what I'm implying here)), and go through arcs that have them fundamentally questioning themselves (Lanz with his faux-lack of confidence, and Junpei using his personality as a sort of coping mechanism for his abuses and inferiority complex). Both also have former friends that were (and technically still are/became) members of the main villain groups (Lanz having survivors guilt over the supposed death of Joran, only to find out he became an aspiring member of Moebius, who THEN sacrificed himself to murder-suicide Dirk (Moebius D), and Junpei coming across Chidori and trying to chat her up, only to find out she's a member of Strega, who then sacrifices herself to revive a 'dead' Junpei (resulting in the awakening of Trismegistus), and either ends up dead or an amnesiac (not too dissimilarly to how the Cradles in XC3 scrub memories of those who return to them, not unlike the blades from XC2 they reference)). There's probably more, and it's not immediately obvious knowing we're putting a baseball bat up against a face tank, which trust me... kinda surprised me too.

Grade: A.

4) Taion.

The change away from Jin Shirato feels kinda humiliating, ngl. Although I was flip-flopping between him and the MU Taion did end up going up against. Grade: D-

So, who is he actually going up against? It should be obvious.

Taion_vs_Yusuke_Kitagawa.png

TvYmuE.png

5) Eunie

Grade: ???

I'm going to be honest, Eunie is rather lost on me. Lysethia sort of fits, and yet she also doesn't. And while Yukari (P3) works even better for her own reasons, I don't want to over-saturate the bottom sixth with XenoSona MUs (not to mention that Yukari probably ends up booked by the time I get to her. It's just sods law, really). I'm also tempted to let her take Syrenne (The Last Story), what with Nia and Melia's MU spreads needing to be fundamentally overhauled, lest XC3 gets it's own continuity article for these characters (think pre/post crisis supes), but the million dollar question is... what with?

If someone is willing to give a hand, let me know. I'd appreciate it.

6) Sena

Grade: A-

The only thing that's changed about Sena vs Meru is that because of the way that Origin works, Meru basically gets shitslapped to within an inch of her life (even considering the star-level statement in Feltz). Other than that, the relations are the same: Quirky girls with big hammers, that are a part of any number of persecuted faction(s) (XC3's main cast, and the Winglies), and also have super-forms related to the main gimmick of their respective games. I don't think she needs more than that.

SOME ALTERNATIVE IDEAS FOR POPULAR CONTENDERS:

- Ghondor vs Bakugo (MHA)

Initially, Bakugo was going to be a placeholder for Ghondor, for the simple reason of 'oh, they box with explosive punches, and are overly abrasive'... and then I took a look at the Sena side story, and how the contenders for Ouroboros are actually picked, and that's when the relations actually really started flowing in. Both Ghondor and Bakugo have very competitive work ethics in their... brattiness, to the point of condemning or shouting down those trying to help (Bakugo's Family issues being made clear duing one of S3's training arcs, and Ghondor referring to her mother Monica as 'the Bitchqueen' (although knowing she's Aussie, idk what else I expected)), as well as being quite naturally gifted (Quirks being genetic functions, and Ghondor being part of the Vandham maiden name, one of the founders of the Lost Numbers in Swordmarch). Both have also partaken in break-in, break-out style operations (Bakugo ending up in that one LoV scenario in S2, and Ghondor being part of the City's operations to try and break people out of the Agnian jail in Hopes Rest). Oh, and Slain and Shania exist. You go from there.

This MU also isn't nearly as stat-stompy as it might seem (lest you include Origin scaling), because of the way I, @JoshSSJGod and others are planning to build the hero pages. So... look forward to that, I suppose.

- Ethel vs Blade (Gunvolt iX Chronicles)

I have to concede, this was rather last-minute for Ethel, and it's not like she was lacking for contenders in the run-up to XC3 (3H Catherine, LoD Rose, even an alt to Winter Schnee, if you could believe it), but looking at the way Blade was handled, she's basically perfect: ex-manipulated veterans with humble backstories (Ethel having the 'saviour of Colony 4' thing going on, a Silver-rank commander in her 3rd term, and Blade being Kohahu's sister). The manipulators in this instance being aliases of the series major villains, Moebius K being... well, a Moebius, and Demerzel being an alias of Asimov. Both come out of their manipulations ultimately damaged in some way (Ethel 'dying' and returning to her cradle after getting her runback with Cammuravi, and Blade, with the help of Kokahu, saving Copen from a close shave with Asimov).

I did tap @The_Smashor on the shoulder regarding this one, but he hasn't played XC2/XC3 yet, so Imma wait on that.

- Juniper vs Decidueye (Pokemon SM)

NOTE: I'm referring to Juniper with she/her pronouns, because that's what's been confirmed in the Japanese version through Google translate doing that whole 'refer to biological females as 'he'' thing, and also... the French version of the game... for some reason.

Not much has changed since the last time I bought this MU up. Both are natural-borne hunters, who abstain (mostly) from the world around them, and also partake in archery ingrained into their psychology. Juniper herself sets an example in self-sustenance by growing her own food for Colony Tau, and Decidueye is... well, a Grass Type.

I'm... actually not sure what else I'm supposed to put here, other than 'Claude has better MUs than Decidueye', and this is why.

- Grey vs Soldier: 76 (Overwatch)

This one banks far more on the lowball Hero scaling for these characters, but the relations kinda check out: Both are considered outlaws of a domestic body of officers (The Lost Numbers, and Overwatch itself), and roam the streets with their weapons in not-so-inconspicuous disguises (Grey with the mask and eyepatch, and Jack with the visor). Both are also married men (albeit on opposite ends of sexual preference, one being straight and one gay), and both having 'lost friends they owe a debt to'. That's the long and short of it, and you'll know the relations when you see them.

ANTAGONIST MUs:

- Z vs (either) Infinite Zamasu (DBZ) or Master Xehanort (KH)

Either one works here, I just heard the whole 'infinite timelines' thing that Zamasu had going on and thought 'hey, that sounds kinda similar to the Endless Now that Moebius goes banging on about'. But again, I'm DBZ blind, so feel free to verify that.

Master Xehanort, on the other hand, I'm at the very least more familiar with, and I think Moebius forms/Consuls vs Organisation XIII has just as much MU (and animation) potential as any other, as well as having timeline shenanigans as a relation. I bring this up because of the whole 'Palpatine's too similar MUs' thing that became a concern for PalNort recently (although nothing was beating the absolute whopper that was 'This Heartless Empire' as a commission). Idk, just food for thought.

- N vs (either) Nanashi (SMTIVa) or Lif (Fire Emblem: Heroes)

Nanashi was an idea that sprung to mind lately, and one that I got in touch with @JoshDoshMosh about, actually. Consider it my alternative to all of the 'Noah's pose looks like Flynn lol' comments that were going around (and depending on if you consider bonds/massacre as canon, Nanashi could go up against N or Noah tbh'. As you can probably infer, the main relation is how N is a version of Noah (and vice versa), in the same way that Nanashi is a reincarnation of Akira, and may or may not have pillaged great cities at one point.

Lif also has the whole 'I'm actually a dark version of you from an alternate timeline' thing going on, but I'm not someone who apes units in Heroes (and I don't plan to), so feel free to check relations on that one.

SOME SLIGHTLY MORE CURSED IDEAS:

- Monica vs Bismuth (Steven Universe)

(my only good exposure to SU is Lily Orchid's review on the matter, so... sue me)

This MU idea kinda came to me rather suddenly, knowing how Bismuth was described as 'a revolutionary looking to liberate homeworld after a falling out with the Diamonds', not unlike Monica being a revolutionary of sorts, the 'elder' of the Lost Numbers, and having an obvious bone to pick with Moebius knowing that the City is a conglomeration of Keves and Agnian folk (much like how Grey is obviously Kevesi, but the twist is that he's a member of the Lost Numbers). I want to verify this, but I also don't want to touch SU with a 10ft barge pole, so... eh?

- Moebius D (& J) vs General Grievous (Star Wars)

This one is kinda going to need amending in due time.

The only major relation I can think of, is how they were both ex-human 'commanders' of sorts of their respective dark side, who like to keep 'collections' of their opponents belongings (Dirk having a collection of corpses and heads, and Grievous having a collection of lightsabers (or was that just a meme?)). I was looking more for fusions (because I did mention D & J), so if anyone has better ideas, let me know.

- Ashera vs Hange Zoe (AoT)

Dual swords? Check
Chronically insane and jokey? Check
Probable trauma, with personalities as a coping mechanism? Check

I can't even pretend there's more to it than that.

A COUPLE OF DBX IDEAS

- Alexandria vs Manuela (FE3H)

DBX_Alexandria_vs_Manuela.png

The central relation here is that both are sort of ambiguous in age (Alexandria being 6th term, despite what she does to herself, and Manuela being 'unknown' in age, but obviously somewhere around Hannerman's age because of their business rivalry). Also both of them are 'appreciated' for that role, and for being sort of teacher-figures for their groups.

- Moebius Y vs Carrera (AZG)

@The_Smashor will like this one...
DBX_Moebius_Y_vs_Carrera.png

Penulimate bosses of sorts, that speak in old English or Shakespearean. Both are also 'revived' for that fight, or retreat for the sake of it.

--

Welp, I think this post is MORE than long enough. That's all for now folks!
peace

I didn't think I'd be hotpatching this early, but...

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_POST_XC3_-_V1.0.1.png

Moebius_D__J_vs_Carnage.png

Got to study spreadsheeting for now, but will be back with a reason (unless someone else can guess).
Find out more after the break!

OmniLander needs like only 30-50k views to surpass HulkBroly.
It got stale in views?
Classic spite matchups being super popular and going stale slower.

Hopefully from now on they are open for lesser mainstream stuff and try to do matches during times people talk of their franchises
Yeah.

Like those "lesser mainstream stuffs" are not even lesser mainstream at all from a global perspective.

And better timing does help in promoting matchups and therefore promoting episodes. The crew have tried to do such at matchups with Marvel and DC characters. They really should expand those tactics to other franchises.

Oh they kind of worked at Boba Fett vs Predator and Excalibur vs Raiden.

I wish we had data for older DBs, I feel like OmniLander's fast growth might make it a Top 10 if not 5 contender at this rate for views.

Maybe Wayback Machine can help.

Fighting game rep might happen.

I wonder if they'll do Nintendo rep, that one still has "once per season" quota not lost. Since Bowser vs Eggman is unlikely due to cast ep, I wonder if MK vs Zero could happen, or if its for later seasons.

I honestly have zero care in both characters Mu preference but I feel the only reason BondWick is happening is cause Bond has more Relevance at least these days in comparison to Bourne
I guess no... IIRC John Wick is paired to Agent 47 and James Bond to Jason Bourne.

But yes James Bond and John Wick are far more popular than Jason Bourne and Agent 47.

Well from Wayback Machine there isnt super a lot easy way to get data on fast eps got views. The trend still seemed that eps reached 1 mil within few days - a week at least.

Tho one funny thing I noticed was that Yang vs Tifa had faster view rate than IM vs Lex, 2 mil+ in less than 2 weeks vs less than 2 mil in 2 weeks+.

K, so I'm back, and (feel free to verify this with me):

Fusion forms (Dirk & Joran, Cletus and the Symbiot), who have 'we live in a society' moments (Dirk's Agnian head collection, Joran being the 'lame duck' of the initial main four, and Cletus being an abuse victim), and have colossal body counts, are red, and have huge teeth (those last two are minor, I know).

Also (and I know it's out of character for me to ask this, but): Do we see Carnage coming back at any point?

Sigh... Just to say, squeezing time for learning new things outside my work can be more and more difficult especially when one is developing a family on top of taking care of parents.

Oh and Death Battle Cast is coming at 1 am SGT today (time for me to go to sleep after being squeezed at work and several other places).

Sure you know how to use this right?

K, so I'm back, and (feel free to verify this with me):

Fusion forms (Dirk & Joran, Cletus and the Symbiot), who have 'we live in a society' moments (Dirk's Agnian head collection, Joran being the 'lame duck' of the initial main four, and Cletus being an abuse victim), and have colossal body counts, are red, and have huge teeth (those last two are minor, I know).

Also (and I know it's out of character for me to ask this, but): Do we see Carnage coming back at any point?
Forget Carnage - can you find a Xenoblade / Xenosaga / Xenogears opponent for Lucy (Elfen Lied), Chise (Saikano) and Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back