• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're pushing it possibly Soilder Boy due to how well received he was in the Amazon show plus his powers not being a complete copy-paste of Captain America helps too, aside from him tho... none!
Some franchises are just kind of doomed to only really have one, maybe two worthwhile franchise reps and not much beyond that. Not really an insult to the verse/series or anything, just how it is.

If we're pushing it possibly Soilder Boy due to how well received he was in the Amazon show plus his powers not being a complete copy-paste of Captain America helps too, aside from him tho... none!
Pretty much
The boys don't offer a lot of characters to he worthy of an episode and most of the characters suggested has to be the TV version given the Comics be largely a joke

Some franchises are just kind of doomed to only really have one, maybe two worthwhile franchise reps and not much beyond that. Not really an insult to the verse/series or anything, just how it is.
That as well
Not everyone can get in DB via how they were done in the story,lack of popular MU, etc

Like look at Kamen Rider
Folks have found countless MU from the franchise but realistically speaking it only getting like 3 reps at best given lack of popularity it has in the west
Well, that's kind of a similar case to something like Touhou imo, where there actually IS a lot of material and a lot of characters worth using from the verse that could make for good episodes & fights, and a good amount of them all having a shitload of MUs, but it's just not popular enough to actually have more than a couple on the show.

Meanwhile something like The Boys only really has 2, maybe 3 major characters that would actually be worth using in a matchup, or who actually HAVE a matchup at all.

Two completely different cases that end up with the same result, ultimately.

It would be pretty funny if we got Omni-Man vs Bardock in a later season and it's just a complete downgrade from OmniLander. All that hype about it being the better MU and it turns out to be the inferior episode.
That'd suck!

Honestly it should at least be an equal in quality episode, but for different reasons. Omnilander very focused on telling a story and strong characterization, but Omnidock being a visceral, fast paced violent fight with much better choreo and actual fighting would make both stand out and actually be good imo.

It would be pretty funny if we got Omni-Man vs Bardock in a later season and it's just a complete downgrade from OmniLander. All that hype about it being the better MU and it turns out to be the inferior episode.
Imma rant viciously
but for different reasons. Omnilander very focused on telling a story and strong characterization, but Omnidock being a visceral, fast paced violent fight with much better choreo and actual fighting would make both stand out and actually be good imo
This
It should be equal
One has the story
One has the fight

Speaking of OmniDock
Just a mini rant on it's counterpart

Invincible vs Gohan when you get to the animation side of things it falters heavily
Invincible is the definition of a brick

he has virtually nothing to play off via abilities or transformations
So when Gohan goes from Ssj/Ssj2-Ultimate and finally Blanco what does Mark has to play off this?

Hulk had shit to play off broly
Omni Man Can work with Bardock Base vs Base with SSJ Coming in the climax

Mark has nothing to offer him trying to hurt Gohan at all in the fight will be laughable

sure we had weaker characters hurt the stronger ones on the show but it wasn't completely out there to believe in certain aspects

B-But it could like with OmniLander
Omnilander worked because it didn't try to sell you the idea that Homelander was a threat to Nolan it played it straight that Nolan was gonna stomp Homelander ass to the ground

HL attacks was akin to a mosquito bite to Nolan

You can't pull that card with Invincible vs Gohan cause invincible isn't a guy you want to see get his shit pushed like Homelander was

Imma rant viciously

This
It should be equal
One has the story
One has the fight
Yeah.

Homelander cannot quite hurt Omni-Man
This. And everyone is happy about that. That OmniLander is for spite and OmniDock is for real fight.

Hey The Boys does not have a lot of good characters to put into, but Image Comics has right?

Atom Eve vs Gwen Tennyson
Battle Beast vs Boros / Garou
Conquest vs Nappa
Invincible himself has a lot of matchups (Gohan, Boruto, Superboy, ...)

Last edited:
So for clarification, what's the full list of connections between Bardock and Omni-Man? Like, I get the basic stuff, but is that all? Also, is this the 'canon' Bardock or Toei Bardock?

Before I was kicked from the server for whatever reason I remember people buying Uni+ Super forms, but being eh on their speeds. Some had them at billions c and others at a mere 2000c

Not sure if anything changed in my time away, but I think they could be given Uni next time they appear and finally MFTL+

If it's a DBS match though, then just expect the Dragon Ball character to win. They have them at 2-C by this site's standards and quintillion c and don't buy immeasurable being used. So they'd be stronger and faster by a considerable amount.

As for DBs where the fight is divisive for more than the result and more on the fight itself, Bowser VS Ganon has both going on where it's just kinda boring and doesn't show either off well. Zelda VS Peach also, though I personally liked the slap fight part.

Black Noir doesn't seem too interesting for an episode right now, atleast to me
Black Noir looks like evil Superman pretending to be evil Batman to me.

May appear or maybe not. Not the big names when it comes to versus matchups

Anyone hyped with Billy Butcher vs Eren Yeager?

Both primary main protagonists bent on revenge against "evil superpower characters" (Supes and Titans)
Both got powers of the evil superpower characters that allowed them to match and defeat them
Both went on pushing their own agenda against the wishes of their allies to the point they have their once allies betray them
Both are killed by one of their allies.

Last edited:
As for DBs where the fight is divisive for more than the result and more on the fight itself, Bowser VS Ganon has both going on where it's just kinda boring and doesn't show either off well.
Bowser vs Ganon isnt really divisive because basically every part of dedicated VS discussion hates it lol, tho I suppose it might count because that ep somehow got 90% like ratio in YT which is strangely good compared to comments. Usually dislikes are notable when eps have problems.

Invincible VS Sam Alexander’s Nova
I don’t care that it’s capeshit, I like both characters and it doesn’t throw Mark into an inferior version of Omnidock and get turned into mincemeat

Gohan can fight Superboy or Goddamn Archie Tails for all I care
NO, **** NO
I'll say it again; surely there's some mythological half-human demigod with thematic similarities that would work for Gohan?

I don't think the avenue of myth vs non myth has been explored as much as it could've been, so it'd be unique from that perspective.

Lurked on Reddit saw this post

" the DBX, that was originally going to be different. The reason it looks so half hearted is because the original plan for the episode was for Ragna to beat Ruby in a close fight. However, Rooster Teeth executives forced the person to make it a curb stomp in Ruby’s favor, presumably because they view it as protecting their assets or to promote RWBY or something. Hence why it didn’t come out great"

" the DBX, that was originally going to be different. The reason it looks so half hearted is because the original plan for the episode was for Ragna to beat Ruby in a close fight. However, Rooster Teeth executives forced the person to make it a curb stomp in Ruby’s favor, presumably because they view it as protecting their assets or to promote RWBY or something. Hence why it didn’t come out great"
Was there a source for that? I'm curious if that was the actual wording.

Saitama beating Popeye depends on how crazy the God fight goes… which we won’t find out for another 5 years or so
Well... I have heard that the manga version of OPM is criticized for disrespecting the main tone of webcomic OPM.
Repetitive I may sound, but there are just a LOT of franchises and verses not touched by Rooster Teeth. Just looking into the USA and Japan. Then we have Korea and France works. Then they are looking into PR China - there are some USA and Canada works whose companies are acquired by PR China but those totally "originated" by PR China or ROC Taiwan are still be seen (Pili puppet series, Genshin Impact, Honkai Impact, oh that fantasy xuanxia Xue Ying and the classic Jin Yong series and Gu Long series...).
At least they touched Sun Wukong, though you can roughly identify him as a character from "Chinese culture". I feel that Genshin Impact would likely in Death Battle. As far as I know, Arknights was once a competitor of Genshin Impact in specific region.

By the way, I introduce Tiger Shark series, a Hong Kong manhua which nearly every character has Magnetism Manipulation-based haxes (Magnetism is somewhat treated as chi there). I'm sure the verse is one of the decent examples of Magnetism Manipulation.

I recently came up with connections for Hiei vs Ryuko and I kinda started vibing with it really hard, so I made this, lol
dark_fibers.png

Any source for that, or it's just people being salty and making shit up?

Wat are the connections exactly beyond tossed at birth and bit of a rough child hood cause and having siblings cause I don't see much In common
Both are "edgy" sword wielding black clad and black haired anti-heroes who are hybrids, technically (Hiei being a child of a fire demon and an ice maiden and Ryuko being a life fiber/human hybrid). They both have rather terrible relationships with their families due to them seeing them as mistakes and even attempting to kill them when they were babies (The villagers called Hiei a cursed child and forced his mother to throw him over the mountain, while Ryuko's mother, Ragyo, called her a failed experiment and attempted to get rid of her after she was born), however they would both actually survive. During their childhoods, they would both join gangs (Hiei was pretty much raised by a gang of thieves where he would murder everyone, while Ryuko became a juvenile delinquent, constantly getting into fights and even going so far as to join a gang). Their main goals in their series are heavily tied to their family members (Hiei wanting to find his sister, Yukina and Ryuko wanting to find a killer of her father, Isshin Matoi and avenge him). Speaking about sisters, both have lost white clad sisters (Yukina and Satsuki), who weren't even aware of them being their siblings. Both were subjected to experimental enhancements that soon greatly changed their bodies so they can become much more deadly (Hiei received the Jagan implant and Ryuko's body was fused with life fibers). They both have powerful strenght-increasing forms that they can achieve through their jagan/life fiber abilities (Jaganshi, which is an ability that jagan users can use and Senketsu Kisaragi, which can be used by Ryuko through absorbing the Life Fibers of Goku Uniforms). Both are also much more serious compared to the rest of their shows' casts.

Not exactly the most thematchic Ryuko MU but I haven't seen anything better for Hiei

Oh I already knew about that awhile back, Nemesis Bloodryche already covered it on his channel. Funny enough it made Yang Vs Tifa retroactively even more hated since if it was just an one-off RWBY ad episode then it would've been chalked up to "early seasons being rough" but having a DBX also be a RWBY ad pretty much confirmed the paranoid suspicions of some fans that any DB/DBX that features a RWBY character would automatically be a rigged shill episode and the rest is history.

Even Weiss losing her DB actually fed the suspicions due to having an offscreen and tame death.

Both are "edgy" sword wielding black clad and black haired anti-heroes who are hybrids, technically (Hiei being a child of a fire demon and an ice maiden and Ryuko being a life fiber/human hybrid). They both have rather terrible relationships with their families due to them seeing them as mistakes and even attempting to kill them when they were babies (The villagers called Hiei a cursed child and forced his mother to throw him over the mountain, while Ryuko's mother, Ragyo, called her a failed experiment and attempted to get rid of her after she was born), however they would both actually survive. During their childhoods, they would both join gangs (Hiei was pretty much raised by a gang of thieves where he would murder everyone, while Ryuko became a juvenile delinquent, constantly getting into fights and even going so far as to join a gang). Their main goals in their series are heavily tied to their family members (Hiei wanting to find his sister, Yukina and Ryuko wanting to find a killer of her father, Isshin Matoi and avenge him). Speaking about sisters, both have lost white clad sisters (Yukina and Satsuki), who weren't even aware of them being their siblings. Both were subjected to experimental enhancements that soon greatly changed their bodies so they can become much more deadly (Hiei received the Jagan implant and Ryuko's body was fused with life fibers). They both have powerful strenght-increasing forms that they can achieve through their jagan/life fiber abilities (Jaganshi, which is an ability that jagan users can use and Senketsu Kisaragi, which can be used by Ryuko through absorbing the Life Fibers of Goku Uniforms). Both are also much more serious compared to the rest of their shows' casts.

Not exactly the most thematchic Ryuko MU but I haven't seen anything better for Hiei
Eh not really the best for either nor even among the best you could go for Hiei really

Sasuke is the best For Hiei and honestly Vergil works far better than Ryuko

Just the overall asthetics and such just works more in there favor

Any source for that, or it's just people being salty and making shit up?
Possibly but that's what I saw
Oh I already knew about that awhile back, Nemesis Bloodryche already covered it on his channel. Funny enough it made Yang Vs Tifa retroactively even more hated since if it was just an one-off RWBY ad episode then it would've been chalked up to "early seasons being rough" but having a DBX also be a RWBY ad pretty much confirmed the paranoid suspicions of some fans that any DB/DBX that features a RWBY character would automatically be a rigged shill episode and the rest is history.

Even Weiss losing her DB actually fed the suspicions due to having an offscreen and tame death.
Ruby vs Maka is gonna have folks full eyes on it especially if Ruby will get anything to challenge Maka at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back